Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:28:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Hey, he did eventually get around to attending a "Christian" church.

It just happened to be one where the pastor was famous for saying "God damn America!"

I'm sure that was just coincidence.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:28:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:28:11 AM EDT
[#3]
You like obama more than Trump, got it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:29:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:29:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The man that Trump spent years calling a Kenyan born Muslim recited the Apostle's Creed and Lord's Prayer but Trump and his third, Slovenian born wife, did not....interesting

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/twitter-goes-donald-trump-not-reciting-apostles-creed-singing-hymns-bush-funeral-224539097.html
View Quote
Sorry she lost.

IDGAF

I didn’t vote for a public prayer leader.  I wouldn’t expect anyone who’s not a devout Christian to know the prayers by heart (or at all) and neither of them have claimed to be devout followers.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:29:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That's the dumbest thing I've read today.  I'm a Methodist and I will be attending an Episcopalian funeral tomorrow.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The man that Trump spent years calling a Kenyan born Muslim recited the Apostle's Creed and Lord's Prayer but Trump and his third, Slovenian born wife, did not....interesting

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/twitter-goes-donald-trump-not-reciting-apostles-creed-singing-hymns-bush-funeral-224539097.html
Trump is Presbyterian, why would he participate in an Episcopalian ceremony? I'm Baptist, I wouldn't have either.
That's the dumbest thing I've read today.  I'm a Methodist and I will be attending an Episcopalian funeral tomorrow.
You will participate in their ceremonies? I've been to plenty of different funerals of many denominations, but I didn't participate in their ceremonies as I'm not of their faith. I'm not reciting anything that praises a church I don't believe in. You do you.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:30:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So which is more outrageous, that Trump didn't recite the Apostle's Creed or that Hillary did?
View Quote
Hillary knows the words, but Monica can hum better.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:31:04 AM EDT
[#8]
When I visit a denominational church I don't always take part in every aspect of their service.  If I don't understand the basis for something, I abstain from participating from an abundance of caution.  Doesn't mean I am any bit less a Beliver.  I am always a polite and quiet visitor and nobody thinks twice about it.

I don't know about President Trump's faith.  He professes to be a Christian.  That's between him and our God.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:31:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sorry your girl lost...
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:31:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You will participate in their ceremonies? I've been to plenty of different funerals of many denominations, but I didn't participate in their ceremonies as I'm not of their faith. I'm not reciting anything that praises a church I don't believe in. You do you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump is Presbyterian, why would he participate in an Episcopalian ceremony? I'm Baptist, I wouldn't have either.
I'm Baptist but I could in good conscience recite the Apostle's Creed in a Catholic or Anglican etc church.

Also I'm not outraged at Trump over this
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:32:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Fake news.

The OP's next thread will say this means Trump can't read.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:32:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Soros narrative mongers out in force, I see.

Don’t worry shills, he’s still your president.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:33:01 AM EDT
[#13]
LOL.  No one voted for trump because he was some great christian moral leader.  They voted for Trump because he wasn't an America loathing anti-Christ, and a crook.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:33:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, they didn't like the way he was sitting, either. If you have to resort to picking someone apart for how they sit or because they don't sing along with a hymn at church, it's because you ain't got shit else.
Oh yeah?  A bunch of people commented on how horrible Obama sat during the funeral.  This place is amazing.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:33:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Only a fucking idiotic cock sucking moron would say that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh noooo... just ask GD, he's a devout Christian

Thanks for the personal attack... CoC anyone?  And from a life member too
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:34:49 AM EDT
[#16]
OP: Your member name ("Mr Coon") seems appropriate for Trump bashing threads.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:36:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Lol my wife is Baptist. Episcopal services are like voodoo rituals to her.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:36:51 AM EDT
[#18]
I find it hilarious that Liberals and their Media are "outraged" over this.

These are the same people that think Christians are ignorant redneck idiots and are proud of their enlightened atheism. These are also the same people that put Islam over Christianity daily.

PLUS given the current state of the Catholic Church, I wouldn't be inclined to participate in their practices, either.

Bottom line, IDGAF.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:36:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh noooo... just ask GD, he's a devout Christian

http://www.ar15.com

/images/smilies/icon_smile_wink.gif
I don’t see where he was referring to you. You posted a statement made by a 3rd party, he responded regarding that 3rd party.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:37:00 AM EDT
[#20]
triggering the fuck out of people - lol
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:38:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Who gives a shit.
He pretended to be Pro 2A also.
Still not going to vote for the Dem asshole/bitch that will be running in 2020.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:38:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Meanwhile your 2A Liberties just slipped a bit further away...
View Quote
We don’t have 2A liberties or rights anymore we have privilege. The premise of .gov regs on guns is status quo.

FFLs to buy guns

NFA to tell us what we can and can’t own

CCW permits to allow us to protect ourselves in public

Of course you can just not comply but then you risk a misdemeanor or felony for exercising a constitutionally legal god given right.

Mini-rant over. We’re all cucks.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:38:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, that's what you're doing. Not making a total fool of yourself.  No, you're being edgy and triggering people.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:39:48 AM EDT
[#24]
I don’t care if he uses bible pages to roll his joints.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:41:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
My condolences to your feewings.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:41:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Don't really care. I've been in church my entire life, and I can't recite anything, my memory for it sucks.  I might know the first sentence of it.  Obama was and is a affront to real Americans, with religion being down on the list of reasons to hate him. Everything he stands for is crap  and will only destroy our country if embraced.

As far as Islam is concerned, its not compatible with freedom, individual rights, women's rights,  and western ideals in general and it's practice should be banned, and believers ejected from western countries and sent back to Muslim based countries where they belong.  IMHO. And my opinion is based off a non religious standing. It's a fine religion, that controls all aspects of life, there's nothing wrong with it, it just does not belong in western countries.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:44:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So which is more outrageous, that Trump didn't recite the Apostle's Creed or that Hillary did?
View Quote
OUCH!
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:45:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Yeah, they didn't like the way he was sitting, either. If you have to resort to picking someone apart for how they sit or because they don't sing along with a hymn at church, it's because you ain't got shit else.
View Quote
That's how this forum rolls nowadays.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:46:54 AM EDT
[#29]
if you think people voted for trump because he is a religious guru please check in for a urgent message from earth.  People voted for him because he has balls, unlike many republicans that shit there pants when they read the first negative newspaper print or tv story.

Really man get a clue.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:47:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:48:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Best comment yet... Kuddos!!.  The later, of course
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:49:00 AM EDT
[#32]
I grew up in church and I have never heard of it. Southern baptists don't recite it, at least at any church I have ever gone to. I had to look it up.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:51:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Best comment yet... Kuddos!!.  The later, of course
View Quote
I think the best comment was you claiming CoC on someone referring to a hypothetical 3rd party.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:54:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Anybody who thinks Trump can find a church without a GPS is naive
View Quote
Who cares, being a Christian has nothing to do with going to church.

There are a hell of a lot better ways be close with and to be faithful to the Lord than going to church.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:56:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
OP would make an excellent Pharisee.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:00:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Thanks O_P.
View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:04:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Oh the rending of clothes and gnashing of teeth...
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:04:56 PM EDT
[#38]
I've been a practicing Baptist my entire life, I go to church almost every single week and believe wholeheartedly that I'm a mess of a man who Jesus saved through his death, but I couldn't tell you the first, last, or any words of the "apostle's creed"

Don't care. Trump is my president, and I enjoy how he is handling things so far.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:06:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I have no delusions about Trumps religious devotion. I do think he is a believer in Christ and what he did on the cross. I think he believes that this country was great by the Devine hand of God.. maybe others think Islam and not knowing which bathroom to use is the right path. I don't so I support a sinful imperfect man to take the leadership position. All of Gods most faithful and devout servants were men with issues.
View Quote
I like this ^.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:10:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:11:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
You're saying Obama is a better Christian than Trump?

Do you recall the Church Obama used to attend? Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago, with him sitting in the front row for 20 years with the Rev. Wright screeching: "Goddamn America...Chickens coming home to roost" and similar B.S.

And nobody voted for Trump because they thought he was a devout Christian.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:12:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Not all Christian denominations publicly recite prayers.  That said, he is no Christian just like Obama was no Christian. Most Christians , aren't. Most politicians lie about their faith. Whooptie
View Quote
This is wrong.

Trump is a Christian, albeit an imperfect Christian. Trump in a foxhole would be praying to the Lord.

Zero wasn’t and isn’t a Christian, despite attending Jerimiah Wright’s “church,” and in a foxhole would likely be praying to Allah.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:12:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:12:55 PM EDT
[#44]
I don't know these things either because Jesus preached that the road to salvation is through faith and so rote memorization, works based salvation, worshiping the images of Jesus, praying to random dead people and forgiveness of sins for saying random phrases over and over are some practices of branches of Christianity that are extremely foreign concepts to me.

Does that mean knowing the Bible is bad? No, far from it as knowledge is obviously good for guiding you through life but I, for example, have read each dozens of times and have a terrible head for exacting details so I can't remember them.

TLDR: I find it in no way an actual indicator of faith, which he may or may not have regardless of this entire fake controversy we are discussing.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:14:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:14:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

He has a driver...sheesh.
View Quote
Ha! Great!
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:22:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Big whoopty shit!

I was raised Roman Catholic (dad's side) and Southern Baptist (mom's side). Now I consider my self a nondom, self practicing Christian. I got tired of a mortal man telling me what the Bible says when I can read it myself. God is in my heart, where he belongs but lately with all the BS going on he is becoming more the Old Testament God, the vengeful God.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:29:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
sorry your girl lost
View Quote
My God this is still being said? LOL...
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:30:59 PM EDT
[#49]
OP’s gunna vote for the hildebeest again in 2020.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:31:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can recite both, but went to a Catholic wedding, and was lost.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top