Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 10:57:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I have no delusions about Trumps religious devotion. I do think he is a believer in Christ and what he did on the cross. I think he believes that this country was great by the Devine hand of God.. maybe others think Islam and not knowing which bathroom to use is the right path. I don't so I support a sinful imperfect man to take the leadership position. All of Gods most faithful and devout servants were men with issues.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 10:58:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I seem to remember that Melania recited the Lord's Prayer at a campaign stop back in 2016.

And Trump is a Presbyterian. Don't think they recite the Creed or the Prayer as part of their services.

OP fails. Hard.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 10:59:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Perhaps Trump didn't want to recite some of the words, such as "holy catholic church"?
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 10:59:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So what thread are the trolls trying to keep off the front page?
View Quote
Very good question.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 10:59:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I say the Apostles creed almost every night and still need a cheat sheet because my head always wants to go nicene.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:00:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No, but you do judge others and insinuate they are not Christian.

He didn't recite a prayer and some other stuff?  So what?

He can be a Christian without having to put on an overt display for the likes of you.  For all you know he's reciting it in his head and it means something, instead of it being a mere platitude for the cameras.

He wasn't elected as Chief Prayer Reciter.   He was elected as POTUS and if you want to judge him then judge him on his performance in that role.

This is why decent people become so disenfranchised with religion. Judgemental pricks with their superficial piety.  Hypocrites.
View Quote
Yep^^
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:00:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anybody who thinks Trump can find a church without a GPS is naive
View Quote
Emperor Constantine committed atrocities that would make Drumpf blush. They made him a saint.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:01:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Didn’t vote for him for his faith
View Quote
This .... I don't give a fuck if he has ever stepped foot in a church.

And if your concern is that he "lies" about what a devout christian he is to what, get votes? I don't care abut that either.  I don't want a president that makes any decisions based on his "faith".  Someone shouldn't need a 2000 year old book to tell them right from wrong.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:01:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The man that Trump spent years calling a Kenyan born Muslim recited the Apostle's Creed and Lord's Prayer but Trump and his third, Slovenian born wife, did not....interesting

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/twitter-goes-donald-trump-not-reciting-apostles-creed-singing-hymns-bush-funeral-224539097.html
View Quote
sorry your bitch lost
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:01:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The man that Trump spent years calling a Kenyan born Muslim recited the Apostle's Creed and Lord's Prayer but Trump and his third, Slovenian born wife, did not....interesting

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/twitter-goes-donald-trump-not-reciting-apostles-creed-singing-hymns-bush-funeral-224539097.html
View Quote
I thought God only left me to Judge others, how did you get in the game?

BTW I run FOH at churches for the last 31 years and you never see me recite or sing, am I an apostate ?
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:02:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm not concerned - but there again, I don't run around claiming to be a Christian pandering to Christian voters - so I sleep okay at night.
View Quote
Not all Christian denominations publicly recite prayers.  That said, he is no Christian just like Obama was no Christian. Most Christians , aren't. Most politicians lie about their faith. Whooptie
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:02:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Perhaps Trump didn't want to recite some of the words, such as "holy catholic church"?  
View Quote
^^^ Yep, same thing I thought as well.

This thread should be merged in to the #NeverTrump containment zone thread...
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:03:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:04:08 AM EDT
[#14]
In the weekly Catholic bashing threads, I'm told to be a real Christian, one simply needs to have a personal relationship with Christ.
No need to go to some building every Sunday.
So wouldn't it be possible for the President to be Christian, but unfamiliar with the rites of any "organized" religion?
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:04:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Trump is Presbyterian, why would he participate in an Episcopalian ceremony? I'm Baptist, I wouldn't have either.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump is Presbyterian, why would he participate in an Episcopalian ceremony? I'm Baptist, I wouldn't have either.
That's the dumbest thing I've read today.  I'm a Methodist and I will be attending an Episcopalian funeral tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:05:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
In the weekly Catholic bashing threads, I'm told to be a real Christian, one simply needs to have a personal relationship with Christ.
No need to go to some building every Sunday.
So wouldn't it be possible for the President to be Christian, but unfamiliar with the rites of any "organized" religion?
View Quote
Oh boy here it comes....
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:06:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Oh, shit, that's the Assassin's Creed, I'm always doing that.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:06:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
I can with a gps,sex offenders pop up as well as other crime spots
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:06:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Sorry about your cabal.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:06:52 AM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:07:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Big fucking deal!
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:07:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
He has a driver...sheesh.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:09:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Oh noooo... just ask GD, he's a devout Christian
View Quote
Only a fucking idiotic cock sucking moron would say that.

Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:11:03 AM EDT
[#24]
I wonder how many reporters who judged Trump for not reciting the Apostle's Creed actually believe in Jesus as the Messiah.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:12:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Oh, shit, that's the Assassin's Creed, I'm always doing that.
View Quote
And I believe we have a winner!!
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:13:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Meh, when I go to church I refuse to say the words as well
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:13:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Your concern is noted OP and sorry your girl lost.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:14:41 AM EDT
[#28]
, maybe Obama was a better president after all!

Right, OP?

Right
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:15:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Yep OP seems very concerned with everything Trump does.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:15:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I say the Apostles creed almost every night and still need a cheat sheet because my head always wants to go nicene.
View Quote
Same.

I might just learn the Apostles one in Latin in order to keep them separate.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:15:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Trump is my God
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:17:08 AM EDT
[#32]
I must have missed the passage in the bible where Christ said I needed to recite that. In fact I thought it was created by Romans almost 150 years after Christ was killed... by Romans.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:17:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Lol.  Reciting prayers to prove you are a Christian is precisely the opposite of what Jesus taught.  Some of you need to read your bibles.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:20:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Who the fucks runs around up on the alter taking pictures of the congregation during a funeral service ?? Do they have no respect for the deceased? Are they that hard up for a story?
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:20:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This... I had Baptist shoved down my throat 6 days a week growing up. I wouldn't have a clue about all that.

In fact at my Wife's Grandfather's funeral last year at a Episcopal Church (family is Episcopalian) they started all that, along with other Episcopalian things, and I turned to the wife and gave her a "wtf" look. I did pretty much what Trump did... Stood there and read along silently, took it all in quietly, and let them do their thing.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Yep OP seems very concerned with everything Trump does.
View Quote
I like how Op threw in that FLOTUS was Trump's third wife for a little added N_T flair.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:21:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Odd that your messiah learned the prayer in the 20 years he spent at his weekly racist hate-sermons, yet somehow didn’t notice what a racist divisive prick his preacher was.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:22:41 AM EDT
[#38]
OP, I actually teach at church, and I would have recited neither of those things.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:22:48 AM EDT
[#39]
For this thread, OP...

Jesus would forgive you, but barely.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:24:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Lol.  Reciting prayers to prove you are a Christian is precisely the opposite of what Jesus taught.  Some of you need to read your bibles.
View Quote
This, and your programming seems to be working fine...
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:24:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Did he claim to be Catholic or Presbyterian?  Because most denominations do not recite the Creed...

What some people choose to find an outrage amuses me.  Not you, but other thoughtful poutragers, you're just spewing up the pablum you were fed yesterday.

Maybe that NPC thing has some validity after all.
View Quote
"Poutragers"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:25:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I grew up Presbyterian they recite the apostles creed and the lords prayer every service, if he is Presbyterian he should know it.

FWIW i go to a Baptist church now and do not recite it they are way different than Presbyterians however.

ETA: however there are three Presbyterian denominations and they can be very different based on church or region. PCUSA has 8 confessions plus 3 catechisms, ECO is the same and EPC has the Westminster
Confession of Faith

Presbyterian Denominations

ETA 2: dont care either way just pointing out some details, also he is more then likely a situational christian but he is better then the other option we had
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I grew up Presbyterian they recite the apostles creed and the lords prayer every service, if he is Presbyterian he should know it.

FWIW i go to a Baptist church now and do not recite it they are way different than Presbyterians however.

ETA: however there are three Presbyterian denominations and they can be very different based on church or region. PCUSA has 8 confessions plus 3 catechisms, ECO is the same and EPC has the Westminster
Confession of Faith

Presbyterian Denominations

ETA 2: dont care either way just pointing out some details, also he is more then likely a situational christian but he is better then the other option we had
Not sure which branch he is. My SO is Presbyterian and there is very little difference in her denomination and mine, but we are in Appalachia, and we tend to be more old fashioned.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:25:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:26:07 AM EDT
[#44]
So which is more outrageous, that Trump didn't recite the Apostle's Creed or that Hillary did?
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:26:23 AM EDT
[#45]
It doesn't matter
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:26:33 AM EDT
[#46]
I don't know the Apostle's Creed. Memorization doesn't make you a Christian.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:27:05 AM EDT
[#47]
I don't care whether Trump did or didn't recite a prayer.

If Obama did, then to me that simply smacks of him being a phony to ingratiate himself with Christians rather than some true expression of faith, and I'd rather he have just kept his mouth shut too.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:27:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So which is more outrageous, that Trump didn't recite the Apostle's Creed our that Hillary did?
View Quote
That neither of them spontaneously combusted in a church is far more baffling.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:27:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:28:03 AM EDT
[#50]
That's the best they can come up with?

TDS on full display.

I've quit watching any fucking news because it's all Trump bashing, all the time.

Trump bashing is bashing me, I'm growing rather tired of it.

I'm looking at bashing back.

What's your fucking point OP, or are you just another never-Trump shit stain?
Page / 6
Top Top