Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:48:43 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

"Single", as in not married, I can understand.  "Single", as in never having relationships, I do not understand (aside from time between relationships).

People who "choose" the latter, probably didn't have a choice to begin with, for one reason or another.
View Quote

I'm 43 and have never been in a "relationship". However, I date as much as I like, and always have.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:02:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I see what youre getting at . No im not opposed to a relationship.

Howevet, after years of just....anger, i looked at the reasons my marriage failed.

While i dont excuse my exes behavior, i realized my ......shortcomings and inadequacies might remove me from "serious relationship material"

At this point , it is what it is. Im damn near 50, im not rich , or brad pitt good looking.

I dont have ron jeromy s dick.

Im not into the big girls.

Right now im out of the meeting women phase. Ill recharge the mindset for a couple years maybe and try to motivate myself to try more.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Single", as in not married, I can understand.  "Single", as in never having relationships, I do not understand (aside from time between relationships).

People who "choose" the latter, probably didn't have a choice to begin with, for one reason or another.

In true arfcom fashion , i got both of your options

I got married young. Had kids , i was on top of the world, i was the fucking man . I had a plan, it was working, i could see the payoff.

Yeah..........not so much , her pkan changed to "as much dick as she could handle"

My plan, my life was over. Over a period of years, i rebuilt . As the pain subsided, a new plan emerged.

More years go by, and finally , the plan is working. Kids are grown and one is married and working her own plan doing well with it.

Other is a senior in HS, doing good .

Over the past coupke 3 years, i have " succeeded" w my plan so far. Things are looking up still.

However, without knowing it , i took another piece of advice from arfcom.

I worked my ass off, i had hobbies, i acquired currency and eschewed the ladies.

I had a few dates, never more than a first date for years.

Dated a girl for 2 years back in 06-08 , didnt work out. 2 years later i dated a half alkie really nic3 girk for a couple weeks.

Thats it as far as women . And i still caution those who espouse the view to live your life how you want and work on yourself and the women will beat a path to your door.

That is so far from the truth its not funny. It is a good way to spend your life alone. So if people want a woman you actually have to try.

I assume you are not done with relationships entirely though, correct?

I can understand having time for yourself.  Everyone needs that.

Howevet, after years of just....anger, i looked at the reasons my marriage failed.

While i dont excuse my exes behavior, i realized my ......shortcomings and inadequacies might remove me from "serious relationship material"

At this point , it is what it is. Im damn near 50, im not rich , or brad pitt good looking.

Right now im out of the meeting women phase. Ill recharge the mindset for a couple years maybe and try to motivate myself to try more.

Humm...at what weight would you consider a 5'6" woman a "big girl"?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:18:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This. Pussy prime Christian is utter bullshit, totally insincere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What are your standards? I want the same thing but I'm also very picky. I'm no Brad Pitt, but I'm tall, in good shape, educated, have a good job. All the young women who haven't married seem to be waiting for a movie star to come along. The more I date, honestly, the more frustrated I get. I'm at the age now where hookups aren't my thing. I want a real relationship with a wonderful woman.

Your plethora of threads and posts advocating a "hit it and quit it" lifestyle say otherwise.

Hi Namaah. Well, I'm changing. Nor am I perfect.

No, you're not.  The only thing that changes is the kind of horseshit you posting - one day it's about all the pussy you get, the next it's about leading people to a better relationship with God.  Today, you're pissing and moaning about not being able to find a woman worthy of you.  

I'm pretty much convinced - and I'm not alone in this - that you only come here to say stupid shit so Naamah, BeS, and I will slap you around.  

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:20:53 AM EDT
[#4]
... bachelor for last 20 years. Can't see living any other way at this point
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:22:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Single and haven't been in a relationship for uh....6-7 years.  Few dates here and there but that's it.  I've been so accustomed to being by myself I suppose, it hasn't bothered me for the most part.  Most time with others i spent with family and friends.  Other than that I keep myself busy with other interests.

I'm not the type to go to the bars or clubs and hit on every girl that I'm attracted to until I get a number only to rinse and repeat like most guys.  S'pose my view is more along the lines of if it's meant to be then we'll cross paths and hope I'm not too dense to see it :)

I do eventually want to be married and be a father coming from a very large family which is a core part of my life but I'm not going to force something to happen.

Just live life and stop worrying about it; let it take care of itself.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:32:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Except that it's really not the truth for most.

Older men that never marry usually confess that they are lonely, depressed, and less happy.  I've seen it time and time again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Once upon a time, a Prince asked a beautiful princess, Will you
marry me? The Princess said, NO!

And the Prince lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles
and fucked skinny big titted broads and hunted and fished and raced cars.
He went to nudie bars and dated women half his age and drank whiskey, beer and Captain
Morgan and never heard bitching and never paid child support or alimony.
He kept his house and guns and never got cheated on while he was at work and all his friends and family
thought he was fucking cool as hell and he had tons of money in the bank and
left the toilet seat up …..

The end

truth

Older men that never marry usually confess that they are lonely, depressed, and less happy.  I've seen it time and time again.

It varies from person to person for sure, but this post is what the research on the subject supports.

Never married men in old age are substantially less happy than all other groups. The group in comparison doesn't even matter it can be multiple marriages even if they are now divorced from all of them, married once and divorced, married and still married, all of them rate their happiness higher.

What that means to any individual doesn't matter much, but its something to think about. Being alone can get real old when its year after year and you no longer have any power to change that circumstance. And come a certain age you will not have any power to change that circumstance. Women in their 50s looking into online dating are not looking for men in their 60s that are walmart greeters or flip burgers.

If your plan is to party till you're 50 and then find a hot 30 year old to marry it isn't going to happen. If you want to die alone, then maybe not getting married is a good solution for you.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:34:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I just turned 30 and I've been divorced for about a year. I married when I was 25, to a girl I dated all throughout college. It was the thing to do and all of our friends were doing it.  Luckily we didn't have any kids and the divorce was minimally painful.

I've dated since and had a really good time doing things for myself. No one tells me what to do and I can buy all of the guns, guitars and other toys I want as long as I can afford them.  Is this the life I want to live forever? No. When I meet the right woman I want to get married and settle down, but I'm going to be a lot more cautious this time around, and I'm in no hurry.  Most of my friends have children now and live super structured lives. I'm glad that that's not me at the moment.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:36:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Being a father has been the best thing I've ever done. And, frankly, I never realized it until I became one.
View Quote

Best answer
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:37:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I get a kick out of these threads. It's seems there are tons of guys in my age range that don't know what to do...

You can stomp your feet all you want, and boast about being single, but the right woman can come flying around the corner and chsnge everything you ever thought you knew.

Stop worrying about the bullshit and just let life happen.
View Quote

This is so true.  Just let life happen.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:43:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In true arfcom fashion , i got both of your options

I got married young. Had kids , i was on top of the world, i was the fucking man . I had a plan, it was working, i could see the payoff.

Yeah..........not so much , her pkan changed to "as much dick as she could handle"

My plan, my life was over. Over a period of years, i rebuilt . As the pain subsided, a new plan emerged.

More years go by, and finally , the plan is working. Kids are grown and one is married and working her own plan doing well with it.

Other is a senior in HS, doing good .

Over the past coupke 3 years, i have " succeeded" w my plan so far. Things are looking up still.

However, without knowing it , i took another piece of advice from arfcom.

I worked my ass off, i had hobbies, i acquired currency and eschewed the ladies.

I had a few dates, never more than a first date for years.

Dated a girl for 2 years back in 06-08 , didnt work out. 2 years later i dated a half alkie really nic3 girk for a couple weeks.

Thats it as far as women . And i still caution those who espouse the view to live your life how you want and work on yourself and the women will beat a path to your door.

That is so far from the truth its not funny. It is a good way to spend your life alone. So if people want a woman you actually have to try.

I assume you are not done with relationships entirely though, correct?

I can understand having time for yourself.  Everyone needs that.

Shit , i fucked up now!

I dont know jane , i dont do numbers , ill need pics

Im not one of the pointy elbow crowd but if the woman has to hold up her gut  to wash the fold....yea im out.

As an aside, im sure your other thread netted you alot of im s, did mine get thru?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:45:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your plethora of threads and posts advocating a "hit it and quit it" lifestyle say otherwise.

Hi Namaah. Well, I'm changing. Nor am I perfect.

No, you're not.  The only thing that changes is the kind of horseshit you posting - one day it's about all the pussy you get, the next it's about leading people to a better relationship with God.  Today, you're pissing and moaning about not being able to find a woman worthy of you.  

I'm pretty much convinced - and I'm not alone in this - that you only come here to say stupid shit so Naamah, BeS, and I will slap you around.  

I love the phrase "pussy prime". Though not with it's original definition. More like "This is Pussy Prime. Prepare to raid the male enclave!" and then all the fighters fly out from the fleet surrounding the Man planet, and I watch from the mothership, happily anticipating having the best ones brought to me for selection before we sell their once verdant and peaceful world to the traders from the Gabana system for designer flight suits and sexy space boots.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:51:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm 43 and have never been in a "relationship". However, I date as much as I like, and always have.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Companionship, relationship, still the same idea I was going for.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:52:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Wait until you get into your 40s and 50s.  The beginning of the loneliness will set in for most people and regret will follow.

Not every single person, but growing old without a family is not pleasant for most people.

You have time.  I was 36 when I got married.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:16:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I get that.  But I'm assuming you haven't written relationships off entirely.  Time to yourself after a shitty relationship is understandable and expected.

I don't personally know anyone who is truly happier on their own.  I know a few people who put on a show to make it seem that way, though.  I'm not saying they aren't out there, but I think a lot of them have just given up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

sometimes the damage from a prior relationship makes a person want to avoid a deeper relationship with another person. im in that boat now.

but ive also known folks that are just happier on their own.

I get that.  But I'm assuming you haven't written relationships off entirely.  Time to yourself after a shitty relationship is understandable and expected.

I don't personally know anyone who is truly happier on their own.  I know a few people who put on a show to make it seem that way, though.  I'm not saying they aren't out there, but I think a lot of them have just given up.

I'm perfectly happy on my own.
Even if you do the research and knock yourself out, you'll change, they'll change and after enough time goes by the person you thought was perfect is nothing like the person you started out with.
So why bother.
There's a lot more to it than just that
The guy who said women will beat a path to your door ignores that women expect you to put in all the effort because a woman beating on your door is considered too forward. So they wait for you.
So if a relationship is what you want, don't wait for them
There's too many compromises in a  relationship. I am done compromising and I am fine with that
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:37:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Dream:  Wonderful family of 2-3 kids, two incomes, financial bliss lifestyle, loving wife, and never ending sex.

Possible Reality:  Stay at home mom with a useless "career" paid by you, 1 income, screaming kids destroying your house while your gone,
             income supports family only, and bitchy wife that shuts down sexually.

I used to love the idea of marriage and figured kids were part of the bundle.  The idea of perfect happiness is bullshit and doesn't always exist.
Happiness to some may be enjoying the "benefits" of both the single life and the family life.  Getting caught will probably destroy both.

So basically, in Arfcom tradition.... Get Both.  

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:38:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:46:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Live your life as you want to live it. Screw the percieved external pressures of society, piers, family, and your GF, what would you like to do?  

Are you afraid that if you don't make a commitment to your GF (engagement) she's going to move on? How many women have you dated?
View Quote

I agree with this 100%, and I'm very happy with my wife (been married almost 21 years).  We know a lot of people that are divorced, in the process of getting divorced, or in a miserable marriage. We wouldn't advise anyone to get married unless they were absolutely sure that's what they wanted. We advised our daughters that if they ever consider getting married to first live with the guy for a while. If they can get along fine and everything goes well, then they should marry. Or they can just live together and never get married. Either way is cool with us. My wife's siblings were at least 14-15 years old or older by the time her mom and dad finally got married. Good luck with what you decide.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:51:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Has OP even checked in since his initial post?

Seriously though OP - if you are having these questions, she's not "the one". If she was "the one", you would know it and have no question. So you have 2 choices:

1.) Marry a chick that you are comfortable with, knowing she is not the one.
2.) Hold out and hope you eventually meet "the one", and potentially stay single if you don't.

If you choose option 1, it will not make for a good marriage. Maybe not now, but at some point in the future. Then you will wonder wtf you were thinking, get a divorce, potentially pay money to part ways,,and heaven forbid kids be involved at that point. Also, if you are in any way selfish and self-centered (and be honest with yourself here) -- then you will regret having married her, and it will end up in divorce. Marriage and family has no place for someone that is selfish and self centered. This is why most people get divorced. When faced with this option, I'd stay single.

If you choose option 2, and eventually find "the one" -  you will be happier than you ever imagined. However, most of GD will tell you that finding the one is rarer than a unicorn. That's because most of us settled for option 1. The downside to option 2 is you may stay single, which eventually will start to weigh on most people by their late 30's / early 40's. In the meantime, you can have a great time pursuing your self interests.

t all comes down to what type of person you are:

Are you a betting man and want to keep spinning the roulette wheel, holding out for the win? = Option 2
Are you a weak man, with a fear of being alone = Option 1
Are you too self centered to compromise yourself  your beliefs, and desires? = Option 2
Are you naive enough to think "this could work" with your current GF? = Option 1

At the end of the day, only YOU knows the real YOU. And based on who you are and answering some questions like what I outlined above - should drive your decision. But you already know this...
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:04:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I’m curious to get some insight on the lifestyle of men who made the decision not to get married. Men who had serious relationships and maybe even a fiancé, yet chose to be single. Do you regret not having a wife, children, family? Do the pros outweigh the cons?

Some quick background: I am almost 25 years old and feel I have my life together much more so than majority of my peers/age group. I never dated girls just to date. I only dated with the purpose to develop and grow the relationship. I have been dating a girl for almost two years and we get along very well. We both come from similar childhoods, families, education level, etc. We are at the stage where the following life events “should” take place over the next few years: her moving in, engagement, marriage, start a family.

She is more on board and excited for these events to occur than I am. I believe she feels that way because a lot of our friends are taking that “socially accepted/expected” path. I am not against the idea, rather not as excited/ready as she is for it. I feel that I want to further develop my career, finances, travel experience, etc before I follow the “normal” path.

Then I had a realization the other day. I realized that my life was much more stress free and relaxed when I am not in a relationship. That got me thinking… Is this reduced stress level and increased relaxation directly linked to being single? If so, is this feeling sustainable for a lifetime?

I understand as life goes on and the more developed an individual becomes, mindset and beliefs can shift. I wonder if my feeling of perhaps the single life is the better choice for me is my short-term believe blinding my long-term belief of what is truly best for me?

Here are some pros and cons that come to mind quickly. Of course, much more in depth analysis can/should be done and they are different to every person. Here are the main points:

Pros: all your income is yours, spend/save/invest how you want, your schedule is in your control, you have the freedom to live/travel where/when you want, your career is in your control (relocating would be much more difficult with wife and kids)

Cons: no combined income (assuming your wife works), obligations to her friends/family in terms of social gatherings/holidays, spontaneity is nowhere near what it could be because of wife/kids, not creating children, not raising/teaching your own children and watching them grow

What advice would you give a 25 year old like myself?

If you were in my shoes, what would be your plan?

Feel free to post your thoughts and opinions.
View Quote

You do not seem committed.  If she is you friend...that is a shitty thing to do to a freind.  Move on to living your life.  If you meet the right person you will know....never dabble in marriage.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:13:47 PM EDT
[#20]
I didn't bother to read all of the responses but here's my input. Input from a single guy, now 56 years old.

The one thing I now regret is that I've no kids. My Dad is gone, 14 years now. Mom is pushing the envelope at 93. My Brother just died last summer. Mortality is making itself known.

I've got loads of neat stuff and I'm actually a half-way talented guy. Being born of 'The Greatest Generation' I learned lots of practical stuff. And now I've no one to teach it to, pass it on to.

It's nice not to have to worry about another person everyday, although I've done enough of that, but in the same breath it can get pretty 'quiet' some times.

I could go on and on...but you get my drift.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:19:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I didn't bother to read all of the responses but here's my input. Input from a single guy, now 56 years old.

The one thing I now regret is that I've no kids. My Dad is gone, 14 years now. Mom is pushing the envelope at 93. My Brother just died last summer. Mortality is making itself known.

I've got loads of neat stuff and I'm actually a half-way talented guy. Being born of 'The Greatest Generation' I learned lots of practical stuff. And now I've no one to teach it to, pass it on to.

It's nice not to have to worry about another person everyday, although I've done enough of that, but in the same breath it can get pretty 'quiet' some times.

I could go on and on...but you get my drift.
View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:24:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I love the phrase "pussy prime". Though not with it's original definition. More like "This is Pussy Prime. Prepare to raid the male enclave!" and then all the fighters fly out from the fleet surrounding the Man planet, and I watch from the mothership, happily anticipating having the best ones brought to me for selection before we sell their once verdant and peaceful world to the traders from the Gabana system for designer flight suits and sexy space boots.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And people have told me that I have a rich fantasy life.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:39:04 PM EDT
[#23]
LOL. OP has never been through divorce.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:42:51 PM EDT
[#24]
a women costs $$$$$....... anyway yah slice it just the way it is!

I don't make rules, just play by them.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:49:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It varies from person to person for sure, but this post is what the research on the subject supports.

Never married men in old age are substantially less happy than all other groups. The group in comparison doesn't even matter it can be multiple marriages even if they are now divorced from all of them, married once and divorced, married and still married, all of them rate their happiness higher.

What that means to any individual doesn't matter much, but its something to think about. Being alone can get real old when its year after year and you no longer have any power to change that circumstance. And come a certain age you will not have any power to change that circumstance. Women in their 50s looking into online dating are not looking for men in their 60s that are walmart greeters or flip burgers.

If your plan is to party till you're 50 and then find a hot 30 year old to marry it isn't going to happen. If you want to die alone, then maybe not getting married is a good solution for you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He went to nudie bars and dated women half his age and drank whiskey, beer and Captain
He kept his house and guns and never got cheated on while he was at work and all his friends and family

The end

truth

Hell, man, married or not, we all die alone.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:57:22 PM EDT
[#26]
I think you're better off doing all of that shit when you're like 40-45 or even 50 with today's advances in medicine.  I say this because I'd like to be able to have a really good, stable financial standpoint before bringing any kind of kids into it.  

I grew up with a very financially stressed household that overspent and under earned on a regular basis.  Growing up with that kind of shit will put a mark on you that won't let you remember the good times easily if at all.

I would never want to chew my kids out for wanting to play soccer and then not being able to afford $60 cleats for them or buying them odd, used cleats for the incorrect sport.

I guess I should have just been thankful that I had something on my feet at all, but it quickly translated to not having food in the fridge and riding in totally unsafe, broken cars.

------------------

Also, asking GD you're going to get a few different responses:

GOD SAYS MAN IS NOT AN ISLAND.

WOMEN ARE THE WORST

MONEY > WOMEN

and there's going to be like 2-3 out of this entire thread that are going to be like

I LOVE MY WIFE SHE IS THE BESTEST.  

----

just remember that you're going to end up complaining about being married or complaining about being unmarried and lonely.  you can't have both, so choose which you would be more comfortable complaining about.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:07:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I think you're better off doing all of that shit when you're like 40-45 or even 50 with today's advances in medicine.  I say this because I'd like to be able to have a really good, stable financial standpoint before bringing any kind of kids into it.  

I grew up with a very financially stressed household that overspent and under earned on a regular basis.  Growing up with that kind of shit will put a mark on you that won't let you remember the good times easily if at all.

I would never want to chew my kids out for wanting to play soccer and then not being able to afford $60 cleats for them or buying them odd, used cleats for the incorrect sport.

I guess I should have just been thankful that I had something on my feet at all, but it quickly translated to not having food in the fridge and riding in totally unsafe, broken cars.

------------------

Also, asking GD you're going to get a few different responses:

GOD SAYS MAN IS NOT AN ISLAND.

WOMEN ARE THE WORST

MONEY > WOMEN

and there's going to be like 2-3 out of this entire thread that are going to be like

I LOVE MY WIFE SHE IS THE BESTEST.  

----

just remember that you're going to end up complaining about being married or complaining about being unmarried and lonely.  you can't have both, so choose which you would be more comfortable complaining about.
View Quote

Married an not lonely are not mutually exclusive.  The same with being single.

The hierarchy of pain looks like this.

Happy and in a relationship
Happy single
Unhappy single
Unhappy and in a relationship

You do the math.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:11:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The end

truth

Well, I didn't plan on it happening but it happened to me...    And she's the one who started it.

It probably doesn't hurt that I have really enjoyed my life up until now, have a great job that I love, stayed active and in shape and look a lot younger than I am.  But I was also pretty determined not to "settle".  Met and dated some great girls, was engaged once.  I never had a huge desire for kids but could see it if I met the right person; someone I really wanted to do that with.  In fact came very close but I said I could do 1 kid and she wanted a bunch.  No real way to reconcile that so we split but stayed friends.

But then 10 years later I meet up with this amazing girl, 20 years younger than me, who doesn't want kids.  Working on her PhD and does pin-up modeling for fun.  I shit you not.  The point is that you just can't plan your life to the extent that you think you can.  I was happy before we met and I'm happy now.  Different happy but you really have to set out to enjoy your life and if that is going on, lots of other great things tend to fall into place.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:18:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Join me. We'll conquer the galaxy.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:59:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sounds good, we'll have to do it at warp speed though.  My husband is typically OOT a day or two a week for work, otherwise my plasma rifle turns into a spatula everyday at 6 PM.  I know, I know.  It's a long story.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:04:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That sounds good, we'll have to do it at warp speed though.  My husband is typically OOT a day or two a week for work, otherwise my plasma rifle turns into a spatula everyday at 6 PM.  I know, I know.  It's a long story.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sounds like a really tasty problem. Say, you wouldn't happen to be General PlaneJane, the hero of Planet Pancake? You subdued the population in one day of battle and at 6pm, promptly conquered their natural environment and simultaneously fed the entire fleet?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:08:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Perhaps the worms will remember you.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:18:23 PM EDT
[#33]
When I was 25 I was in a bit of a rough patch.

I had been stationed in Okinawa after dating the same girl for about 5 years, it was hard trying to be single at that point.

It took a couple years to date again, not fall over myself when talking or approaching girls.

Around 28 or so, I changed a lot of things, different AFSC, moved to Germany, was working out a lot, meeting a lot of younger tail.

I'm almost 38 still single, I have 5-6 lady friends in different places that I keep in touch with, letting them know when I am in town.

And they are okay with just hookups, I'd like to meet a woman to have a life with but at the same time, I'm having a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:22:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Shit , i fucked up now!

Im not one of the pointy elbow crowd but if the woman has to hold up her gut  to wash the fold....yea im out.

As an aside, im sure your other thread netted you alot of im s, did mine get thru?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit , i fucked up now!

Oh, good, if OK.  As long as I'm not wearing one of my Jack-'Em-Up-Janies I can still look down and see my feet.

I think I got two, yours and one other.  I sorry, I've not been ignoring you, just in the grip of introspective analysis. I'll get back to you soon.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:33:37 PM EDT
[#35]
If you do decide to get married, make sure that you have a solid pre-nuptial agreement in case the relationship tanks and you want your freedom again.

A couple of good friends of mine are married to women who are total control freaks and totally miserable. We've had some pretty in-depth discussions about their situation and both basically say they would have bailed long ago but don't want to lose everything they've worked for and their current comfort level. One of these guys has several rental properties and makes some really nice bank from them.

They both say they wish they had planned ahead and gotten a pre-nup...then things would have been much different.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:37:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:39:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That sounds like a really tasty problem. Say, you wouldn't happen to be General PlaneJane, the hero of Planet Pancake? You subdued the population in one day of battle and at 6pm, promptly conquered their natural environment and simultaneously fed the entire fleet?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe you're thinking of General PlaneJayne; sadly, no relation.  

I did make pancakes for breakfast this morning, though.  Since I'm a broke-down, wore-out old hag now, I've had to put twenty-five watt bulbs in my bedside lamps and learn to cook a little in an effort to keep a man.  Old age sucks.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:43:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Been single since 1987

Currently 53yo - look pretty good for my age.

Basic life stats are:

1. own my own business I run from home
2. have 2 early 20s female room mates live downstairs of my 3000sf view home whose rent covers the entire mortgage
3. I regularly bang chicks 1/2 my age
4. I go where I want when I want and spend what I want
5. Should easily be able to retire at 62yo with a nice little income from investments / house will be paid off also by then
6. I could go on ... that's the basics

Could I be married ? Hell yes ... every 35-40yo girl I have gone out with the past 3 yrs ( broke up w/ a 7year gf approx. 3 yrs ago ) drools at the chance I pick her as a 'regular' steady gf.

I will not date or have sex with a girl with kids ( why should I ? ) plenty of 20 something girls with no kids to bang on a regular basis available all over town.

Take vacations when and where I want. Not rich - but zero debt except for mtg payment

Life is good - health is good.

Chances of me getting married again  - FUCKING ZERO

Last thing I want is a divorce in the next 5-10-20 yrs and losing everything I have worked for all my life

Edited to add ( forgot for a moment this is a gun site )

1. I own more than 1 gun safe - and I have so much ammo stashed I honestly could not guesstimate within 25000 rounds how much I actually own. Best guess would be 150000 - 200000 rounds.

2. I have nothing against girls with kids ( not trying to stir up a hornets nest with the arfcommer girls ) ... lets just say they aint for me. I respect single moms and know its a tough job. Do I want to date them ? Hell no I aint going to date them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:17:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Been single since 1987

Basic life stats are:

2. have 2 early 20s female room mates live downstairs of my 3000sf view home whose rent covers the entire mortgage
5. Should easily be able to retire at 62yo with a nice little income from investments / house will be paid off also by then

Could I be married ? Hell yes ... every 35-40yo girl I have gone out with the past 3 yrs ( broke up w/ a 7year gf approx. 3 yrs ago ) drools at the chance I pick her as a 'regular' steady gf.

I will not date or have sex with a girl with kids ( why should I ? ) plenty of 20 something girls with no kids to bang on a regular basis available all over town.

Take vacations when and where I want. Not rich - but zero debt except for mtg payment

Last thing I want is a divorce in the next 5-10-20 yrs and losing everything I have worked for all my life

1. I own more than 1 gun safe - and I have so much ammo stashed I honestly could not guesstimate within 25000 rounds how much I actually own. Best guess would be 150000 - 200000 rounds.

2. I have nothing against girls with kids ( not trying to stir up a hornets nest with the arfcommer girls ) ... lets just say they aint for me. I respect single moms and know its a tough job. Do I want to date them ? Hell no I aint going to date them.
View Quote

You're not going to stir up a hornet's with me.  You and I are in perfect accord; neither of us is worth jackshit to the other.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:38:22 PM EDT
[#40]
I've been married twice and divorced twice.  The first one lasted a year.
The second one lasted just shy of 20.

Both women ended up signifigantly better in life than when they met me.

I've raised three fine young men, one of whom is the Army.

I have zero credit, some fucked up teeth I have to get fixed, a variety
of medical issues and things I put on the back burner to give my
families the best life I could possibly offer them.

Now, I'm single and rebuilding brick by brick.  I don't regret any of it because
I learned many valuable lessons that will serve me well in the rest of my
life going forward.  

If you want to get married, ensure that you are doing it because you want
to build a life with the particular woman for the rest of your life.  
Also, understand that when you make the choice to get married, and,
especially if you have kids your life to your wife/ex/whatever will be
pretty much inextricably bound.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:54:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Been single since 1987

Basic life stats are:

View Quote

I date single Moms all the time.

Lots of smokin' hot ladies who need to have the itch scratched.

I haven't made the mental leap to marry one but, they are DTF and fun to be around.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:01:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I haven't made the mental leap to marry one but, they are DTF and fun to be around.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Been single since 1987

Basic life stats are:

I did it once and never again. I'm too much of an alpha and control freak to let a woman with a rugrat dictate when and how often we hang out.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:02:47 PM EDT
[#43]
So long as you're happy, whatever.

I don't relish the idea of growing old and dying alone.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:05:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'm in my mid 40s.  I've run into 2 or 3 girls max during that time with whom I would consider settling down and they've all been happily married.  

I'm not writing it off, but I'm a fat middle aged guy that's never been hitched, and the likelihood of getting hitched falls each year.  

I can live with that because as appealing as the idea is of raising rug rats and experiencing marital bliss may be, I'm a fairly selfish person and I'm kind of set in my ways.   I'm honestly not sure I'd be happy pulling in a double harness, even with the right partner.   Hell, I've never tried it though, so I could be talking out my ass.  

I've been in  good relationships before, but nothing that was going to be permanent.   As many marriages as I've watched fail around me, I'm not sure many of them even can be permanent these days.  

Anyway, a series of decent connections with good people is what most folks wind up with in life whether they get married or no.   As for kids, other folks' kids are better anyway.  You can feed em sugar and caffeine, spin em up and send em home with a squirt gun to terrorize your friends.  
View Quote

Get off yer ass and hit the gym.

Mid-40's isn't too late to get in GREAT shape.

Certainly easier than in your mid-50's.
Or mid-60's.

We met a couple at the Japanese place last night, the guy looked 10-15 years my senior, (he thought he was) turned out we were the exact same age.

Find a good woman who either has grown kids, or doesn't want them.

They're out there.

Go be self centered with her.

Or don't.

Whatever makes you happy.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:17:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:30:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Man is not an island. You need somepony else to share life with man
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:32:48 PM EDT
[#47]
A couple things. If your primary concern is income/self, get out of the relationship, stay single forever. You'll save everyone a lot of agony.

When I was younger I had the opportunity to work alongside some very successful older men who had chosen to remain single. They had great social lives, incomes, dated hot younger women etc. Invariably, they went through phases where they got involved with some single mother and tried to raise her kids because it got to them that they didn't have any heirs. They aren't happy older men now that they've hit 60 and 70. They're mostly alone and have little to look back on with pride. Money isn't a legacy. And even if you built a business on your own, someone is always looking to take your name off the wall.

I've got kids. I give up a lot to exist in a single income house. I have to work two jobs. But that said, I get great quality time with my kids. I'm infinitely happier than I would be single, even if I don't have much time for hobbies. Every day I get to see that I'm having some small effect on the world. Every day I get to provide for other people. That may not be your thing. But remember that in this society, 25 is the new 18. You don't have a lot of life experience under your belt. You don't know yet what you want.

Find a woman that wants to have kids, that likes to care for other people, that has simple tastes, that goes without makeup more often than not, and who has two parents, still married, who love each other and love her. That woman, who many on this site wouldn't take a second glance at, is a lot more likely to make you happy in the long run. Women, just like men, get ruined young. And if her literary tastes run more US Weekly than Gone Girl... well...

Work as hard as your can in your 20s, 30s, and 40s, to give your family what it needs, so that you can look back fondly on the work you've done.

Also, you sound like a child. Who the hell cares what a bunch of grouches on the internet think? What do you want? Figure it out, and go get it, and then find the woman who wants to support you in that.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:33:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
it took me 9yrs to propose to my wife, we are now on our 5yr anniversary.  we have 2 great kids.  its not easy, nor is it for everyone.  

being single during/after college i had my fair share of partying and girls.  sure its fun, but to be honest i have more money now, i have a great home, great kids and i dont have to worry about the drama of single life.  i can walk in the door eat dinner and get a blow job w/o much effort.  

View Quote

Count me peanut butter and jealous.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Only ugly people choose the single life
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:35:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Man is not an island. You need somepony else to share life with man
View Quote

I see what ya did there, ya deviant.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top