User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 7:31:32 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Did anything ever come of the asset disposal listing in the WSJ?

Yes, I just had a to cut another large check to the Law Firm handling the matter. The fun part is, that I'm going to have to sell most of my guns when (if) I get them back to recoup the expense of getting them back...

This sucks! I know that it is within the rules of a civil forfeiture, but the rules are against any sense of AMERICAN fairness and justice, as it puts the burden on the owner of the goods and not the agency trying to steal appropriating them.

I know your legal expenses are HUGE and we all wish we could do more to help......which reminds me:www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=696914&page=3

Please, buy stickers for out CavArms' legal defense fund

A check for $850 will be sent today from only1asterisk's knife project.

Im glad your so willing to help Cavarms. Things like this restore my faith in people.

Your a good man Ed, and certainly a Patriot in my book.
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 8:18:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 3:42:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 3:54:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank heavens we live in a country where we have no fear of government agents destroying us and our livelihoods.
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 5:20:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 3:47:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 11:47:26 AM EDT
[#7]
You can guess they're trying to send a message...we are big, U R small.  130 days does not meet the reasonable test.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 3:39:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 11:58:36 AM EDT
[#9]
[://

Disgraceful, a government agency can steal a person's property, make no charges, and still not be held accountable.

sickening.

Link Posted: 7/7/2008 8:06:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
DAY 132

I would like to say I am shocked that this has continued on for so long but, I am not. Niether am shocked that support for Cav-Arms remains strong in this time of trouble. I continue to be equally pissed and proud.

BATFE, may you soon find pink slips in your pay envelopes (I can has hope)
ARFCOM, Y'all fookin' rock.
sw1217
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 3:29:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 3:31:06 AM EDT
[#12]
BATFU.
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 10:41:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Your order has been completed successfully. UPS tracking information may take up to 24 hours to show online.

Just got that from agp.

I order a LPK with the lower.

Link Posted: 7/9/2008 3:16:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 4:23:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 5:41:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Isn't she beautiful?!  (Upper build in progress)  

Link Posted: 7/11/2008 3:37:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 4:39:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 4:42:55 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
typical same old game plan from a corrupt and rogue government agency that should have been shut down years ago and merged with the fbi.

How can this be possible when all the BATFU agents everyone has ever met have been stand-up people?
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 4:52:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 7:40:44 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
typical same old game plan from a corrupt and rogue government agency that should have been shut down years ago and merged with the fbi.

How can this be possible when all the BATFU agents everyone has ever met have been stand-up people?

just proof most people are not a good judge of character

honestly that is one agency i simply could not stomach to work for. even if you have honorable intentions the stain of filth that flows from the top would just be too much.

i am sure there are decent folks there, i have dealt with a few that were profesional and polite. sadly they aren't running the agency.

With apologies to Ozzy, there is only one solution:

Suicide Seppuku Solution
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 7:42:08 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most of us don't deal with agents, but with examiners and inspectors.  On the whole I don't have a problem with them.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 4:21:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 4:25:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 4:27:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Fuck The ATF!

Link Posted: 7/12/2008 4:31:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 4:36:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 7:39:43 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
DAY 137

These "Day xxx" updates remind of the news reports during the Iranian hostage crisis.

Somewhere in all of this I posted that very sentement and have continued to hear many of the Texas members repeat the same feeling in our personal conversations.
I think the additional correlation comes from the feeling that Cav-Arms is basically being held hostage emotionally by the BATF*^@E while they wait to see what each day will bring. At this point nothing that shitbird agency could say would justify their actions.
To All who support them......
To Cav-Arms...... Keep hanging ROCK FUCKING HARD BROTHERS! We have your back.
To BATFE.......the tide changed and you missed it. Soon enough your free HEAVY hand will evaporate be withered and useless.
BTW *

* The related statement is solely attributable to safeways1217. ARFCOM members, moderators, staff, owners, should not be viewed as having any responsibility or liability for his pissed-off posts. safeways1217 for his part wishes to be clear that he and he alone stands defiantly behind his comments of disgust and is really not concerned if you wish to respond to said comments in as much as his house is in order and there is nothing you can do except be pissed-off.
So once more

Now I feel better.
sw1217
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 1:15:01 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
What happened to that little thing called "due process"?

"due process is what the government tells you it is"  

this is how stuff gets so messed up here in the UK!!

Nick
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 2:11:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 3:14:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 3:15:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 3:18:31 AM EDT
[#33]
are the asset forfeitures still happening ? Or has that been taken care of ?
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 9:58:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 3:35:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 4:49:58 AM EDT
[#36]
the seige continues.

Stay strong Cav Arm!!!

TXL
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 4:55:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Thiswhole thing just pisses me the fuck off! this makes me want to go out and break something.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 4:32:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 4:35:52 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Thiswhole thing just pisses me the fuck off! this makes me want to go out and break buy something.

Fixed it for ya.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 5:29:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Looking with great expectation to my next visit with my friendly FFL (and daytime trip to the post office - have a card saying my lpk is waiting for me).  Wife is going to pick that up for my Thursday.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 6:54:17 AM EDT
[#41]
www.law.com/jsp/ihc/PubArticleIHC.jsp?id=1202422971754&pos=ataglance

Here's how it CAN go.  Company accused of passing on drawings of Blackhawk helicopter and company seized.  Company wins acquittal but goes out of business.  Zealous prosecutions with little incentives for justice.

n March 2007 the government charged the company and its owner with violating the Arms Export Control Act (AECA) by sending technical drawings for a Blackhawk helicopter part to a Chinese manufacturer. The prosecutors in Birmingham, led by Martin, sought forfeiture of Latifis assets and obtained an order that wrought havoc with the company's government contract business.

After the government secured the asset freeze, no charges were brought against Latifi or the company until March 2007. Then Axion's defense counsel -- Henry Frohsin and James Barger Jr., of Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz's Birmingham's office -- made a tactical call to waive Axion's right to a jury trial. Frohsin and Barger were concerned that Latifi's connections to Iran would be played against him. "At the time of the indictment, the White House was beating the drums for possible conflict with Iran. Since the case would be tried in northern Alabama, where the defense industry and Army are colocated, we felt that we should avoid the possibility of xenophobia," says Frohsin.

After the trial started in October, the government's case collapsed quickly. What Axion had attempted to have made in China was nothing more than a tungsten blank, from which Axion intended to mill the actual part. The government was forced to acknowledge that the drawings furnished to Axion by its contractor had not been labeled "restricted," but instead were given a legend of "noncritical" and "uncontrolled," meaning that Axion had no way of knowing that their use was restricted. Moreover, the drawings had long been accessible on the Internet.

As the case progressed, the government's own witnesses were forced to concede that Blackhawk helicopters, equipped with the part in question, had actually been sold to China with U.S. government approval, demolishing the government's claim of a breach of secrecy. Not only that, but the prosecution was aware of these sales before the case was ever brought.

Still, the prosecution would not withdraw the case. It was ultimately dismissed by Judge Inge Johnson of the federal district court in Birmingham, who wrote, "Evidence was received ... that at least raises the possibility in the eyes of the district court that the government continued to investigate and prosecute the defendants even after uncovering evidence demonstrating that the defendants were not guilty."
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:31:12 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
www.law.com/jsp/ihc/PubArticleIHC.jsp?id=1202422971754&pos=ataglance

Here's how it CAN go.  Company accused of passing on drawings of Blackhawk helicopter and company seized.  Company wins acquittal but goes out of business.  Zealous prosecutions with little incentives for justice.

Still, the prosecution would not withdraw the case. It was ultimately dismissed by Judge Inge Johnson of the federal district court in Birmingham, who wrote, "Evidence was received ... that at least raises the possibility in the eyes of the district court that the government continued to investigate and prosecute the defendants even after uncovering evidence demonstrating that the defendants were not guilty."

THAT is where the system is broken.  Even if you are innocent, and it is SHOWN that you are innocent, there is NO WAY to stop the government from continuing to drive you into the ground.  They have effectively removed innocence as a defense.

There needs to be some automatic legal mechanism wherein proof of malicious prosecution overrides the immunity normally granted to government prosecutors.  If they keep coming after you when it is SHOWN that you are innocent, either they go to jail, or they pay back every cent of your expenses and losses when they're finally forced to stop by a judge - and that includes legally enforced recovery of all assets you've had to sell and dispose of to finance legal costs.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:49:03 AM EDT
[#43]
I just recieved my A1 furniture set that was signed by Alan Gura from the auction that bsafe had for the Cav-Aid effort. Best $675 I've spent. I thought it was only for the stock, now that I have a full set, I'm going have to start saving for a vintage, well worn lower, upper and barrel to compliment this piece of history. Plus my CavAid MkII lower #083, I hoped that I have helped in a small way.

Good Luck Gary and keep strong.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 10:39:22 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
DAY 140

We are greatful that CavArms' owner and employees have not been thrown into a gulag and are apparently not being re-indoctrinated

Isn't it great to live in a republic with a representative democracy?

"And how we burned in the camps........"
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 11:35:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Picked up my Cav-Aid lower today.  Keep the faith guys.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 11:39:52 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
DAY 140

We are greatful that CavArms' owner and employees have not been thrown into a gulag and are apparently not being re-indoctrinated

Isn't it great to live in a republic with a representative democracy?

Greatest nation on Earth, but there's still plenty of room for improvement.

Keep fighting the good fight guys.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 12:17:48 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
We're doing our best to keep the doors open and our chins up. I can't even begin to say how much everyone at Cav Arms (me especially) appreciate not only the folks stepping up to help out, but just the emotional support. I can not even begin to express how depressing this whole mess is.

I wish my wife resident chief financial officer could free up a little investment capital... I've wanted one of those "Cav Aid" lowers since the beginning but just can't scrape together two nickels.  Keep the faith, Shawn!
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 3:20:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 3:37:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Cavarms,

Keep the faith! You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Please let us know ASAP if you have a need that is not being addressed.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 5:15:56 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I can not even begin to express how depressing this whole mess is.

I can hear it in the voices when I call..

CXS
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top