Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/20/2016 11:02:37 AM EDT
Seems if it is they're a smaller pickup like the Colorado or Tacoma.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:04:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe.

I think we got some F150's a few years ago a little under that.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:04:32 AM EDT
[#2]
No. You might get a stripped out, 2 wheel drive, two seat, short cab with 3 wheels for that price. But not a crew cab with 4wd.

Edit: Just did a quick build on Ford: F150 with the 3.6 V6, 4wd and short box. XL with no frills, is $36k. Given rebates, you might be able to get close to $30.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:04:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Ram 1500 can be a had for right around that.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:05:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes........if it's 5 years old.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:07:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought a 2014 F-150 4X4 Lariat for 28,000 last year 22,000 miles on it. I've been upgrading with new toys on it since.

This is what I started with.

Here's where I'm at now.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:10:45 AM EDT
[#6]
"Can I get a brand new full size crew cab 4wd pickup for $30,000?"
Quoted:

View Quote

Sorry OP, but not following your train of thought here.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:13:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Back at the end of '14 I picked up a new F150 SuperCrew XLT, 4x4, 5.0, 6.5ft. box with leather and HID's for just over $30,000.  So a less optioned truck could be had for $30,000.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:13:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A.W.D.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A.W.D.

What I'm saying is I can't seem to find a full size pickup like a tundra or Chevy 1500 in that price range.

The only trucks to meet that criteria are the smaller Colorado and Tacoma(maybe)
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:15:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yes........if it's 5 years old.
View Quote

Or a hail damage victim
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:16:14 AM EDT
[#10]
A brand new 4x4 crew cab pickup for under 30k?

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:17:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't laugh!

Seems like a few people are having luck finding it, though last years model.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:19:37 AM EDT
[#12]
You can get a new Ram crew cab long bed one ton 4x4 with power windows and locks from a dealer in Michigan for $33,995. They advertise in the Ohio auto and RV weekly. Is that cheap enough.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:19:51 AM EDT
[#13]
If you can somehow swing a fleet sale, you might be able to.

Truck would probably have a vinyl interior with rubber floors.

You can thank all the posers who have turned pick up trucks into minivans for the price going through the roof.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:24:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote
Just checked the online inventory of my nearest Dodge dealer....a basic crewcab pickup..NOT 4x4 is on sale right now for 34k.   If you want 4x4 and some decent options you are looking at 40k.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:25:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I bought a 2014 F-150 4X4 Lariat for 28,000 last year 22,000 miles on it. I've been upgrading with new toys on it since.

Here's where I'm at now.

a>
View Quote

I like your set up. Did you need to do a lift to handle the weight of the winch and bumper? I mounted the winch on mine, but was not sure about the ability to also mount a cattle guard.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:26:17 AM EDT
[#16]
You drunk?

Kidding...

I doubt you could find a new one for that.

Used should be doable.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:26:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Kernersville Ram in NC is usually lowest in the country and they are showing V6 4wd Tradesmans for $31,300
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:27:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I like your set up. Did you need to do a lift to handle the weight of the winch and bumper? I mounted the winch on mine, but was not sure about the ability to also mount a cattle guard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's where I'm at now.

a>

Looks like a leveling kit.
I have one on my F-150.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:29:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You drunk?

Kidding...

Used should be doable.
View Quote

Used truck prices in general are crazy. Knock off a few grand when there's 60k on the odometer?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:32:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Trucks are the new status symbol for suburban dads. Drive through the suburbs and you will see trucks and even diesel trucks everywhere. They justify them with "that one time a year I get a new lawn chair I need a truck" or some other bullshit when in reality a ton of people use them as SUV family haulers with a bed. This has driven prices up because people don't mind paying 50k for a 6 year loan on a fancy truck.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:33:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just checked the online inventory of my nearest Dodge dealer....a basic crewcab pickup..NOT 4x4 is on sale right now for 34k.   If you want 4x4 and some decent options you are looking at 40k.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I paid just shy of 34k when I bought my new 2014 Ram Big Horn with 4x4, big radio (no nav), and full length center console.
Dealer here (no affiliation) http://www.stcharlescdj.com/
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:34:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:36:52 AM EDT
[#23]
In truck country, they want 18K plus for trucks that are more than 15 years old.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:37:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Trucks are the new status symbol for suburban dads. Drive through the suburbs and you will see trucks and even diesel trucks everywhere. They justify them with "that one time a year I get a new lawn chair I need a truck" or some other bullshit when in reality a ton of people use them as SUV family haulers with a bed. This has driven prices up because people don't mind paying 50k for a 6 year loan on a fancy truck.
View Quote

Do you always get mad at how others spend their money ?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:38:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:41:32 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Used truck prices in general are crazy. Knock off a few grand when there's 60k on the odometer?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You drunk?

Kidding...

Used should be doable.

Same way with Jeeps.  lol  For 2k more you can buy a new one.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:42:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Back in 2012 I bought our youngest son a brand new Ram 1500 quad cab 4wd. Basically a work truck package with small V8, auto, vinyl seats and rubber flooring. It was a leftover 2011 model that for whatever reason had not sold. Window sticker was $31,600 and we drove it off the lot for $21,000.00. I tossed the steel wheels for aftermarkets and all terrain tires, tinted the windows, leveled the front and did a spray in liner. Nothing fancy but was brand new with full factory warranty. Keep an eye peeled for the oddball bargain.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:43:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's where I'm at now.

a>

I put a 2.5" lift on it anyway just because of the terrain I have to get through sometimes, and wanted to make sure the extra weight didn't drag it down, just in case.
As far as the grill guard we had to modify the top brackets for the winch to fit behind the factory bumper.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup, NO problem.

4 Door, 4x4, new off the lot.

http://www.kendallfordofmeridian.com/commercial-new/Ford/2016-Ford-F-150-64017e3c0a0e0a6b3c8b741f0ba0a96f.htm?searchDepth=5:257
Has a 2.7 liter V6.  

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:45:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Has a 2.7 liter V6.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, NO problem.

http://www.kendallfordofmeridian.com/commercial-new/Ford/2016-Ford-F-150-64017e3c0a0e0a6b3c8b741f0ba0a96f.htm?searchDepth=5:257
Has a 2.7 liter V6.    

They hope you pay a grand extra and get the Hemi.

I priced out a 3500 Tradesman to replace my Sierra HD.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:46:41 AM EDT
[#31]
If you're looking at MSRP, nope. If you're looking for real world deals, it's very likely. I saw some 2wd 4 door Chevy and GMC with decent specs priced well under 30 when I was looking last year. Ended up with a Tacoma for different reasons.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:46:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope not mad. If people want to spend the cash to use their trucks as a family sedan that's fine. I'm simply pointing out why the truck prices have gone up like they have.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:47:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Has a 2.7 liter V6.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, NO problem.

Has a 2.7 liter V6.    

My tacoma has more power, costs less and is not a ford or 75% made in mexico

Give it a month or so and see what a tundra goes for.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:48:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Maybe, if it has rubber floors, vinyl seats, manual locks and manual windows.

New truck prices are seriously
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:48:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Nope not mad. If people want to spend the cash to use their trucks as a family sedan that's fine. I'm simply pointing out why the truck prices have gone up like they have.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the only cheap ones are single cab long boxes... when some people (not me) really do need a 4 door long box.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:49:11 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Don't laugh!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't laugh!

You could if it was last year for a Nissan Titan.

The gas Titans for 2016 aren't out yet.

You may be able to get a Chevy Silverado base model/work truck in 4 wd for close to $30k if you know the right people.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:49:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm usually hunting for 2 months out of the year and going down a lot of worn out dirt roads for another 3, so mine will be used as a truck should be. Don't worry.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:51:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Brand new 4WD crew cab? Not a prayer.

Consider this, while a truck with zero miles will cost 35k one with 15-20k miles will cost 25k. Thats 10k off for 25k miles. Is that extra millage worth all the extra money? Golden rule for me is when buying a truck buy used.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:51:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You may be able to get a Chevy Silverado base model/work truck in 4 wd for close to $30k if you know the right people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't laugh!

Join a farm bureau, call fleet sales guy, get a fleet deal.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:53:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, NO problem.

Has a 2.7 liter V6.    

Your tacoma has over 325 hp and 375 lb ft torque?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:54:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'm usually hunting for 2 months out of the year and going down a lot of worn out dirt roads for another 3, so mine will be used as a truck should be. Don't worry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No knock against you was just pointing out what I see everyday. Hell, now that my brother bought another truck for his business, I no longer use my truck to haul his skid steer when I help him and have been thinking about selling my truck. 90% of my hauling I do now can be done with my little trailer pulled by my wife's SUV.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:55:47 AM EDT
[#42]
OP, by $30k you mean $45k, right?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:56:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Left over 2015 F150 SuperCab. Asking $32K, could probably get it for under $30k

http://www.kennedyauto.com/new/Ford/2015-Ford-F-150-3b5342880a0e0ae75794636baeff05c6.htm
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:57:17 AM EDT
[#44]
You can get close to 30K if you keep a watch on the sales/rebates.  They are more regularly like 34-35K, but I have seen them lower when I was looking.  I was searching Ford/Chevy 4x4 Crew Cab Short Bed 150/1500.

Interestingly enough, I also looked for the 250/2500 series, and would often find them actually cheaper for the same configuration.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:04:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Don't laugh!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't laugh!

I think 30s or low 30s, for 2016s in Idaho. South Central Idaho and thru the Nampa area.  Kendall Ford.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:10:33 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Left over 2015 F150 SuperCab. Asking $32K, could probably get it for under $30k

http://www.kennedyauto.com/new/Ford/2015-Ford-F-150-3b5342880a0e0ae75794636baeff05c6.htm
View Quote
OP wants a crew cab, that's just an extended cab, also it's a V6.  

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:11:07 PM EDT
[#47]
I paid $32k on late 2014 for a 1500 Silverado Texas Edition ( LT trim) 4x4 crew cab; the one with the full-size rear doors and the slightly shorter bed ( I have a cargo trailer). Sticker on it was about $41k, IIRC.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:11:35 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm going with NO. You can't. Even a stripped base model 2016 Ford XL starts at sround $33,000 and that is not even configured with any options.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:13:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
If you can somehow swing a fleet sale, you might be able to.

You can thank all the posers who have turned pick up trucks into minivans for the price going through the roof.
View Quote

Yup
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:17:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

You say that like it is a negative
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top