Quoted:

Wow...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
This was posted on Calguns. Bass Pro in Rancho Cucamonga,Ca

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32274/Screenshot_2020-08-16_Everything_out_of_-1548643.JPG

Wow...

And that wall was full of Fudd stuff. Everything is being gobbled up.

Hard to imagine I bought a Sig 516 at that very counter a few years ago.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 1:01:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

9mm drum. I forgot about that. Shoot... I think I need one for the Foxtrot Mike. I should have looked in my first round. Well, off to the interwebs!

Coming soon... bummer.
View Quote

I know, it says drops in the fall. You would think magpul could get a few out early for us CA boys.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 1:04:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Did he just DROS it Friday? Cause the guy in front of my was transferring a Glock 19 gen 3 he paid $800 for on gun broker, after transfer, dros and tax that was a $930 Glock!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A friend in Cali told me paid over 800 for a on roster Glock. That’s nuts!

Did he just DROS it Friday? Cause the guy in front of my was transferring a Glock 19 gen 3 he paid $800 for on gun broker, after transfer, dros and tax that was a $930 Glock!!!

It was last Thursday I think
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 1:09:26 PM EDT
[#4]
i'm still curious to see how this pans out. The stay is still in effect and it looks like brownells removed the banner for californians able to purchase magazines. I know i placed an order that went through the morning it was published, before brownells posted and their website crashed lol. I wonder if they'll cancel the orders or hold off on fulfilling them until the stay is lifted.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 1:15:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I know, it says drops in the fall. You would think magpul could get a few out early for us CA boys.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

9mm drum. I forgot about that. Shoot... I think I need one for the Foxtrot Mike. I should have looked in my first round. Well, off to the interwebs!

Coming soon... bummer.

Doubt it. We are peanuts compared to the mil and big venders.

Not compatible with Glock guns. You think a G26 would be short enough to fit?
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 1:16:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What if everyone just decided to ignore their opinion?
View Quote

Everyone I know is.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 1:21:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I need some tapco gen 2 mini-14 mags stat!
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 1:22:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 1:24:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Everyone I know is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everyone I know is.

Link Posted: 8/16/2020 1:37:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Madness...
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 1:40:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everyone I know is.

I’m still confused as to what the esteemed elected officials of this state have deemed allowable for us plebes to own and/or posses. That said...

...fuck them
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 1:44:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I paid $900 for a used G43 a few years ago. To be fair, it came with mags and an IWB holster. Have to pay to play over here
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 1:54:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

@Ajcrash

Try this:

https://grabagun.com/magazine-sprgfld-40s-w-xdm-16rd.html
View Quote

@KawasakiGuy

Thanks. I could have swore I looked there.

ETA: Pop-up saying things in my cart can’t be shipped to this state. Worth a shot though.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 1:57:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I paid $900 for a used G43 a few years ago. To be fair, it came with mags and an IWB holster. Have to pay to play over here
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. I’d pay that much again for a G42. Little fuckers are hard to find.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 2:02:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Justice delayed is justice denied.

Two appellate courts told CA their BS is unconstitutional.

At this point....

Quoted:

...fuck them
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/16/2020 2:27:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So long as its journey into CA is murky, every mag made is now legal there.  Just don't get one with a later date code or be caught at the state line, and it's good to go as far as reasonable doubt is concerned.

The mag ban is dead.  Long live the mag ban.

At this point, this fight is about preserving the route to eventual confiscation and continued restrictions on use; CA has enough mags to get by for many generations, now.

Blessed be Benitez.
View Quote

Date code doesn't even matter, really.  I can replace an older magazine body with a newer one, legally, and the date code would then have nothing to do with when it was acquired.  Proves nothing.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 2:30:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not sure, I have a PCC I want it for.

If you measure the magwell of an15 and the 26 is less, I would assume it would work... But that's just a guess
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 2:31:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Date code doesn't even matter, really.  I can replace an older magazine body with a newer one, legally, and the date code would then have nothing to do with when it was acquired.  Proves nothing.
View Quote

You also could have legally order last freedom week something that was back ordered. Date codes mean nothing.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 5:14:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Hit all of my "must haves", now I'm looking for I'll buy this gun some day magazines.

I made sure to snag some Sig P320 mags for the chance I might luck into one private party/consignment, go the 80% FCG route, or Sig starts offering the serialized FCG modules here.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 6:33:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So long as its journey into CA is murky, every mag made is now legal there.  Just don't get one with a later date code or be caught at the state line, and it's good to go as far as reasonable doubt is concerned.

At this point, this fight is about preserving the route to eventual confiscation and continued restrictions on use; CA has enough mags to get by for many generations, now.

Blessed be Benitez.

Wait...really?  They wrote the law that badly?

Holy fucking shit, what a clown show.  I can see why so many have simply had it with that state's legal authority, and are buying mags despite their pathetic claims the ban is still in effect.

I wonder if this is the final straw that will break the back of gun control, there.  All that remains is a mob of protestors willing to break free the handful of people that will be doubtless made examples of in the coming weeks.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 7:13:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Just dropped some glock 9 and 45acp mags over 10rd in the EE.  would love for the buyer to send back a photo of them enjoying them with a california backdrop.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 7:17:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 7:19:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Holy fucking shit, what a clown show.  I can see why so many have simply had it with that state's legal authority, and are buying mags despite their pathetic claims the ban is still in effect.

I wonder if this is the final straw that will break the back of gun control, there.  All that remains is a mob of protestors willing to break free the handful of people that will be doubtless made examples of in the coming weeks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blessed be Benitez.

Yep!
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 8:14:14 PM EDT
[#24]
First shipping notice received.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 8:51:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Holy crap. I paid under $400 for both my G43 and G42 brand new here in Florida.
View Quote

Off roster CA life

If you want off roster you got two ways, receive it as a gift from parent or child living out of state, or buy used from a cop or from someone who moved into the state with it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 8:59:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Off roster CA life

If you want off roster you got two ways, receive it as a gift from parent or child living out of state, or buy used from a cop or from someone who moved into the state with it.
View Quote

And CALDOJ has been cracking down on the cops...
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 9:14:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Off roster CA life

View Quote

Does it work for adopted sons?  You can adopt my ass.  Or fuck it, play at their games and just identify as my parent.  Thats their rules.  "Identify" as something, and you can say you're whatever you want and if somebody denies it, they're a bigot and its a level 9 hate crime.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 9:24:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Off roster CA life

When they are bringing a gun plus a month into the state, they’d pull quite a few $k a year in pistol mark ups. In some departments, this is 10+% of their take home income. That’s good side business money. Unfortunately the crackdowns means fewer off rosters coming in for us peasants
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 9:27:41 PM EDT
[#29]
AJcrash
First shipping notice received.

Congrats!!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 9:31:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 9:34:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I recall BATFE getti3 angry at some LEOs in CA doing that. Additionally, I recall reading that the CADOJ changed the requirements for off roaster purchases and made it harder.
View Quote

The ones that got popped in Sacramento, got busted with for sale adds before they had even picked them up from the FFL. Straw purchase is a straw purchase. It’s a lot safer to buy them, play with for a few months, and sell it because you got bored with it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 9:39:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I recall BATFE getti3 angry at some LEOs in CA doing that. Additionally, I recall reading that the CADOJ changed the requirements for off roaster purchases and made it harder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Off roster CA life

When they are bringing a gun plus a month into the state, they'd pull quite a few $k a year in pistol mark ups. In some departments, this is 10+% of their take home income. That's good side business money. Unfortunately the crackdowns means fewer off rosters coming in for us peasants

Supply. Demand... One way or another, someone will bring in the guns. Someone will buy them.

Supply. Demand... One way or another, someone will bring in the mags. Someone will buy them.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 9:40:21 PM EDT
[#33]
I got my Glock 19 Gen 4 for $450 in like new condition from a cop. Then my first handgun I ever bought was a Glock 17 Gen 3 for $499.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 9:45:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh, yeah, Last year they popped a local LEO for doing the Lord's work.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019/02/26/ex-pasadena-police-lieutenant-vasken-gourdikian-prison-selling-guns/

Although the writer of that article likely suffers from an undiagnosed form of retardation, it did mention Calguns where he advertised the handguns (not "sold").
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 9:47:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The ones that got popped in Sacramento, got busted with for sale adds before they had even picked them up from the FFL. Straw purchase is a straw purchase. It’s a lot safer to buy them, play with for a few months, and sell it because you got bored with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

“wts- Used g42. Off roster. 100 rounds fired. Carried for a few days. Doesn’t fit my hand. $xxx.xx. No ship.”

These adds are getting fewer and fewer.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 9:56:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Off roster CA life

View Quote

Don’t forget ol’ meemaw and peepaw can send a gun to the FFL for you too.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 10:15:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Off roster CA life

They have to be out of State, though, if you don't want to be limited to whatever they managed to get in CA, though.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 11:33:13 PM EDT
[#38]
The ruling is great for californians, but the court also stayed their ruling pending the AGs appeal. Whether the state asks for a full panel or SCOTUS is up to them, but the full panel has upheld the ban before.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 11:35:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The ruling is great for californians, but the court also stayed their ruling pending the AGs appeal. Whether the state asks for a full panel or SCOTUS is up to them, but the full panel has upheld the ban before.
View Quote

I haven't seen anything saying that the 9th Circuit panel stayed their ruling pending appeal.  Just checked right now and I can't find anything.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 12:20:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I haven't seen anything saying that the 9th Circuit panel stayed their ruling pending appeal.  Just checked right now and I can't find anything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I keep hearing this, but haven't seen shit.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 3:34:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Is the ban still lifted?
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 4:00:07 AM EDT
[#42]
I got order confirmations from PSA, brownles, rainer arms.

Rainer arms the only one with shipping confirmation.

Coundt get an order through gunmagwarehouse.  

They need to let it go. I want to see your mag have shipped email and not here is your refund.  

Link Posted: 8/17/2020 4:04:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I got order confirmations from PSA, brownles, rainer arms.

Rainer arms the only one with shipping confirmation.

Coundt get an order through gunmagwarehouse.  

They need to let it go. I want to see your mag have shipped email and not here is your refund.  

View Quote

Really think PSA will start canceling orders soon. I got an order confirmation from tombstone tactical, PSA and Lanbo's. So far only Lanbo's shipping.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 4:59:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aren't they talking about it being stayed from Benitez's original stay due to the specific language of his stay? That it's up to him to lift the stay?
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 6:16:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Aren't they talking about it being stayed from Benitez's original stay due to the specific language of his stay? That it's up to him to lift the stay?
View Quote

IIRC Benitez stayed his ruling until the CA9 panel ruling. That is now done.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 11:28:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
so magpul made a glock based mag that doesn't fit glock. L o fucking l
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 11:31:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. PCC only.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 12:05:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

They have to be out of State, though, if you don't want to be limited to whatever they managed to get in CA, though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Off roster CA life

Don't forget ol' meemaw and peepaw can send a gun to the FFL for you too.

How many kids is one allowed to adopt.  I may be able to help, lol.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 12:20:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

What's what I'm saying.  
However, I will be expecting 30+ years of back christmas presents, allowance, and child support.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 12:26:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

What's what I'm saying.  
However, I will be expecting 30+ years of back christmas presents, allowance, and child support.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's what I'm saying.  

You want a parent? You might end up getting some adolescent years being beaten with a chunk of power steering pump hose for leaving the light on in the bathroom too.

#trailerparkchildhood
Page / 23
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top