Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:36:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Darn!  I hope we can get some answers about why it happened.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:42:57 PM EDT
[#2]
The whole thing sounds nuts.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:47:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

the link says an ice agent shot another ice agent???

wtf?

Yeah, my head's full of fuck on this one

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:16:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Holy crap. I wonder what drove that agent over the edge.

The agent was either Hispanic...or someone was fucking his wife and/or son...or both.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:27:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The agent was either Hispanic...or someone was fucking his wife and/or son...or both.

WTF? Is that some sort of racial B.S.? Have you NO idea how many LEOs and military service members are of hispanic ethnicity?

Piss off.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:28:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

tell the provable truth, or GTFO.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:32:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hold on while I reach up in my ass and pull out some stupid shit like that......

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:53:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

wtf?

Basic workplace violence.  ICE agent shot his boss.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:57:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

wtf?

Basic workplace violence. ICE agent shot his boss.

where did that come from?

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 9:03:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Eating their own now.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 9:04:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 9:05:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

wtf?

Basic workplace violence. ICE agent shot his boss.

where did that come from?

The news as reported by Fox, LA Times and MSNBC.

thanks, md.  I just read the FOX update.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 9:06:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Damn, going have to take alot for me to shoot my boss even though she is a twat. I can't imagine this, some reason i doubt it involves a female in the middle just a hunch though.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 9:10:55 PM EDT
[#15]
update from the LA Times: one ICE Agent dead, not two...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/02/ice-agent-shooting.html

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 9:13:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fuck? What does that have anything to do with it?
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 9:37:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Damn.

The deadly incident came after the gunman clashed with his superior officer, police told the Los Angeles Times.
The aggrieved officer opened fire at his supervisor –– and when another agent tried to intervene, more shots were fired.

The agent opened fire repeatedly on the supervisor on the seventh floor of the building, according to the law enforcement authorities, who asked not be named because they were not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.

With the supervisor wounded, a third agent intervened and opened fire on the gunman. He was pronounced dead at the scene, according to law enforcement authorities. The agent who killed the gunman was not injured.

WTF kind of incident would make an Agent snap like that?
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 10:02:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Damn.

WTF kind of incident would make an Agent snap like that?

It couldve been anything.  Stress. Shitty work hours. Long shifts with lots of mandatory overtime. Young supervisor whom the older agents resent. Home problems. The list goes on. This agent  needed help and would've gotten it if he would've asked.  It's tragic that it came down to this.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 1:18:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 5:33:42 AM EDT
[#20]
FoxNews video
FoxNews: 1 dead, 1 wounded after ICE agent opens fire at federal building in California
LONG BEACH, CALIF. –  A federal immigration agent who shot and injured a colleague in their office Thursday was killed when a third agent drew his weapon and fired, the FBI said.

Several shots were fired about 5:30 p.m. in the Immigration Customs Enforcement office, leaving one man wounded, said Steven Martinez, assistant director in charge of the FBI's Los Angeles office.

"Another agent, working nearby, intervened and fired his weapon to prevent additional rounds being fired at the victim," he said.

The gunman died at the scene and the wounded man was taken to a hospital, where he was in stable condition.

Authorities released no details about what led to the initial shooting or the names of the dead gunman, the victim or the agent who fired the final rounds.

The Los Angeles Times, citing multiple law enforcement sources, said the initial shots were fired by an agent at his supervisor during an unspecified dispute.

There were conflicting early reports about the number of people shot, with local authorities saying two were dead and one wounded, while ICE said one was dead and one wounded.

The shooting happened on the seventh floor of the Glenn M. Anderson Federal Building in downtown Long Beach that houses ICE, the Internal Revenue Service and the U.S. Probation and Parole Office.

The wounded agent is hospitalized in stable condition, said ICE Special Agent in Charge Claude Arnold.

"At times like this words honestly seem inadequate. When something like this happens in our offices, it's incomprehensible, Arnold said.

Along with the FBI, the shooting was being investigated by ICE's Office of Professional Responsibility and Long Beach police.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 5:37:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Damn.

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 5:47:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I see three likely possibilities:

1.  Agent found out his supervisor was banging his/her SO.
2.  Agent was unstable.
3.  Supervisor was one of those true grade-A assholes.

Or a little mix & match of 2 & 3.

Condolences to families.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 6:01:10 AM EDT
[#23]
According to this link it was a case of "workplace violence".  IOW a cop got mad and shot someone.

I think that's impossible, because I hear all the time from liberals that only cops should be allowed to carry guns because anyone else will get mad at someone and shoot them.  Not that I expect reality to have an impact on a liberal's ideas.

Hopefully a quick recovery for everyone involved, except for the original shooter of course.

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 6:04:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

wtf?

Friendly fire?

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 6:11:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Edited:

I hope all injured parties recover. Stuff like this is going to fuck up their group(s) for a long time....

To GD, once again our true colors show.

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 6:17:35 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Darn! I hope we can get some answers about why it happened.

The FBI will be investigating.  The truth will never come out.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 6:20:25 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

F&F?

Has absolutely nothing to do with F&F. Not every LE shooting has ties to F&F ya' know.

Just asking. ICE, SOCAL, .gov in coverup mode...

That was one of my first thoughts, too.   Condolences to the families

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 6:24:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
To the fallen agent, RIP.

RIP to the fallen agent?  Are you serious?  It looks like your color is blue.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 6:32:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You mean the same agent that attempted to kill his boss?  Yeah, RIP...
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:05:29 AM EDT
[#30]
yes, the dead one was the instigator and first shooter. He can ROT.

He shot his Supervisor because he was about to be disciplined...
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:07:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:12:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Damn....WTF

Tag for update
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:14:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think Chris realized that the Agent killed had just previously attempted to shoot and kill his Supervisor.  Prayers sent for the Supervisor and the other Agent that had to shoot the attempted killer.
-SleeperShooter
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:15:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Darn! I hope we can get some answers about why it happened.

The FBI will be investigating.  The truth will never come out.

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:15:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Reading that I am in a complete WTF mode.....glad the shooter was put down and sorry to hear it even happened in the first place.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:17:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think Chris realized that the Agent killed had just previously attempted to shoot and kill his Supervisor.  Prayers sent for the Supervisor and the other Agent that had to shoot the attempted killer.
-SleeperShooter

Then maybe he should take a little more time in reading before he starts condemning others.

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:18:09 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

-SleeperShooter

I just re read a few of the story's on line about this and Sleeper, you are correct.

Going to edit my post to the aneurysm stop.

Still not removing my comment about GD, however.
Quoted:

yes, the dead one was the instigator and first shooter. He can ROT.

He shot his Supervisor because he was about to be disciplined...

As knee jerk reactionary the FED is, I can picture there being a policy change now where weapons are checked in reviews or disciplinary cases. I know in some cases, IA doesn't allow weapons inside interview rooms.

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:22:24 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Then maybe he should take a little more time in reading before he starts condemning others.

Who did I "condemn"?

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:37:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Who did I "condemn"?

No shit.  If that person can be used to paint and align all the pebbles in the parking lots, send 'em my way.  I'm sure we can put them to work.

[/hijack]
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:58:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Jesus Christ ARFCOM!

Hope the Supervisor is ok!

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 11:49:25 AM EDT
[#41]
I heard the director of ICE skipped his hearing today to "handle" the situation.
(maybe Holder and Napolitano should take notes on how to handle an agents death.)
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 11:54:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I heard the director of ICE skipped his hearing today to "handle" the situation.
(maybe Holder and Napolitano should take notes on how to handle an agents death.)

What, kill agents the day before thier hearings?

You know Holder would
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 12:02:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Real curious about the reason for the agent's disciplinary action.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 12:07:59 PM EDT
[#44]
this is why we need to disarm the cops, they can't be trusted with guns

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 12:12:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know Holder would

I meant the director of ICE, John Morton, is actually going to investigate.
Check the fox video link above @ 2:40
(I see what you did there. So far Holder has only droped documents not bodies before a hearing.)
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 12:15:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know Holder would

I meant the director of ICE, John Morton, is actually going to investigate.
Check the fox video link above @ 2:40
(I see what you did there. So far Holder has only droped documents not bodies before a hearing.)

Quoted for posterity.
You two should probably start your own thread and unfuck yourselves.  That kinda talk is so out of line it's not even remotely close to being funny.  Seriously.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 12:17:24 PM EDT
[#47]
NVM
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 1:06:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 1:29:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF? Is that some sort of racial B.S.? Have you NO idea how many LEOs and military service members are of hispanic ethnicity?

Piss off.

You took that wrong.

Of course it was racial, as I mentioned race. Just a descriptor. I could have said "black", but there are more Hispanics working ICE in that area.

That said, I was implying that he might have been getting butthurt or teased about something...or had a chip on his shoulder, possibly involving the fact that they go after a lot of Hispanics.

That scenario would be something along the lines of having Islamic members in our own military who have murdered other military members in the name of Allah.

Who is to say it could not happen in ICE, or any other alphabet agency, but with a different racial scenario?

But I'm betting it involved someones pecker.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 1:32:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Maybe they wanted him to help smuggle weapons over the border to the Cartels and he refused. You really never know with Federal Law Enforcement anymore. The shooter might have been a guy with a short fuse or he may have been threatened after refusing to allow drugs over the border on his shift. I can't give ICE the benefit of the doubt anymore.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top