BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 2:39:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
the writing is definitely on a lower level in this series. If they don't step it up, I can't see it lasting much longer. Maddie should have gone FBI like her mom, or they should have casted a beefier tough girl if they knew she was going to take on a cop role. I just find Madison Lintz not believable as a cop, although I like her character in general. She needs to pack on about 60 more pounds at least.
View Quote

I think she's on the verge of quitting. No pension is worth 20 years of policing from what she's seeing this season, vs learning from Honey and her dad.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 7:15:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The actor playing young Bosch is actually Welliver's son in real life. I thought the resemblance was uncanny until I read that somewhere. He even had the walk down pretty well.
View Quote

I was wondering if that was some of that new CGI tech.  I thought the transition was great from old to young Bosch but yeah, I thought it was Bosch as a teenager, certainly not a post-OEF SF vet turned cop.  He did really well though he looks to be a lot taller than his dad...maybe it's just because he's not as...mature...around the midsection.

And the more I see of Maddie, the cuter she gets.  I've seen lots of cops as skinny as she is and a lot shorter.  I think she's totally believable as a young rookie and you can see where she's pulling ahead as a police officer with her legal background and investigative instincts learned from her father.

The one thing that makes me sad, though, is Mimi Rogers.  She just reminds me how cruel time is.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 7:44:52 AM EDT
[#3]
By the way, does anyone know how many episodes to this season?

I fucking loath that La Raza cunt granddaughter.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:02:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I was wondering if that was some of that new CGI tech.  I thought the transition was great from old to young Bosch but yeah, I thought it was Bosch as a teenager, certainly not a post-OEF SF vet turned cop.  He did really well though he looks to be a lot taller than his dad...maybe it's just because he's not as...mature...around the midsection.

And the more I see of Maddie, the cuter she gets.  I've seen lots of cops as skinny as she is and a lot shorter.  I think she's totally believable as a young rookie and you can see where she's pulling ahead as a police officer with her legal background and investigative instincts learned from her father.

The one thing that makes me sad, though, is Mimi Rogers.  She just reminds me how cruel time is.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The actor playing young Bosch is actually Welliver's son in real life. I thought the resemblance was uncanny until I read that somewhere. He even had the walk down pretty well.

He's just post Navy. Not been in Army nor SF at that point.  

22 going on 15 is a common look for young guys
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:13:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Mimi Rogers on her marriage to Tom Cruise

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 2:21:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
By the way, does anyone know how many episodes to this season?

I fucking loath that La Raza cunt granddaughter.
View Quote

This. I hate the thought of her getting all that money. Oooh, this billionaire's company developed helicopters that kill people. Let me hug my Mexican flag and talk about how terrible the USA is.

Go back to Tijuana, bitch.

I read the last Bosch book (never read others) and a bunch of woke shit in that book is now in the series - the poor downtrodden "houseless", racist SIS killing the unarmed black man. I'll watch the rest but it's not believable.

Also don't get his background if he's a young cop who looks 18 looking for his dad? So he goes back in and goes SF? That takes a bit of time.

I'll stick with Joseph Wambaugh novels from now on.

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:49:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
SIS killing the unarmed black man
View Quote

Technically they're mad about SIS killing the unarmed black WOMAN in the car with the armed black man, but you do you.

Far be it for me to get in the way of a good GD anti-everything rant.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 12:03:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Do I understand correctly that I have to both pay for Amazon prime and watch ads to see this show?

WTF, am I just doing something wrong or is this just the way it is?

I haven't watched ads of any kind in years and now I have to sit through bullshit for Gillet razors (I have a full beard,) and fucking Nissan (who the fuck would buy one after seeing those ads?)

Please tell me I'm just stupid and am doing something wrong.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 12:35:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Yep, that’s the way it’s working. 15 sec ads? Try 75 sec. Not long they’ll be 2 minutes, then 5, just like LivePD used to do.

Cue Old_man_yells_at_clouds.gif
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 12:36:58 AM EDT
[#10]
I think the gun was in the trunk of the car, the couple was shot.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 12:39:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 12:41:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Frankly it has gotten pretty bad. Boring, checking a lot of woke boxes. Don't think I will continue to watch it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 7:29:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Do I understand correctly that I have to both pay for Amazon prime and watch ads to see this show?

WTF, am I just doing something wrong or is this just the way it is?

I haven't watched ads of any kind in years and now I have to sit through bullshit for Gillet razors (I have a full beard,) and fucking Nissan (who the fuck would buy one after seeing those ads?)

Please tell me I'm just stupid and am doing something wrong.
View Quote

If you don't have Prime, you just download the Freevee app.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 7:35:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I think the gun was in the trunk of the car, the couple was shot.
View Quote

They found the gun in the front (I think if you freeze frame you see the male in the car has a handgun).   The woman told someone that she saw him put it in the trunk.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 7:44:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

need a Maddie "love" scene.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 8:25:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yep, that’s the way it’s working. 15 sec ads? Try 75 sec. Not long they’ll be 2 minutes, then 5, just like LivePD used to do.

View Quote

But the off- target commercials were their own entertainment  for Live PD. Especially all the AIDs medicines.

Or time to stare at the fridge selecting your next beer and make a sandwich.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 4:18:56 AM EDT
[#17]
sure paints an unflattering image of LAPD.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:00:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:20:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Michael Connelly is a giant steaming pile of dog shit. I hope he gets cancer.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:23:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Tell us how you really feel.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 2:03:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Okay.  Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 2:16:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
I mean, it's not untrue.  The last book I read was all full of anti-Trump bullshit. I returned it after I finished and wont read any more.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:43:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

He's just post Navy. Not been in Army nor SF at that point.  

22 going on 15 is a common look for young guys
View Quote

That makes sense, thanks!

On the SIS shooting, I could have sworn homey had a piece.  Am I mistaken?  I'm going to have to go back and check the scene.

I hope Mads survives.  I want that love scene.  I want to be in that love scene.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 10:51:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Just finished binge watching the series. Not bad. I preferred the previous series, but, it is what it is.  

Link Posted: 5/28/2022 9:42:57 PM EDT
[#25]
What a comedic clown show. I mean how much BS can you shovel into a show?  Daughter shouldn't be a cop, and I thought the lawyer lady died. Not to mention the female assassin.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 9:44:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
sure paints an unflattering image of LAPD.
View Quote

LAPD has a lot of well documented issues

The Shield was based upon Rampart div
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 10:29:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Just finished binge watching the series. Not bad. I preferred the previous series, but, it is what it is.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/79948/Crate___Barrel-2399640.jpg
View Quote

Yeah, I just finished the final episode and my interest has continually waned through the season.

Just not as good as original Bosch unfortunately. I was hoping it would be more of the same but it feels lacking.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 11:08:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Started slow with commercials on AMC.  Within two years, AMC stood for A Million Commercials.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 11:10:04 PM EDT
[#29]
It's like they fired the writers and brought in the writers from the fucking A Team or something.

Then they end it with a cliffhanger, a fucking cliffhanger. How fucking lame.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 4:26:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Not as good as original Bosch.  Bu still better than 90% of commercial TV.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top