User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:20:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
“I, too am a victim of gun violence”

“Facial recognition software is notorious for miss identifying people of color”

Writing in this show sucks donkey balls and they need to GTFO with the SJ bullshit

Still want Harry’s XJ
View Quote

I mean...

https://www.cnet.com/tech/services-and-software/google-apologizes-for-algorithm-mistakenly-calling-black-people-gorillas/

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-58462511
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:40:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:30:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Been enjoying it so far. Just some good, solid entertainment without THE MESSAGE.

Watching ep 5 now. Bosch and Lewis both served in the Delta Quadrant on the same ship.

He's busy being a cop in Baltimore.
View Quote

J. Edgar returns to help Bosch in episode 6.  Just a short part, but back.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:28:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Anyone catch Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix yet?  Mood is interesting - LA is more brown, orange, dusty as opposed to Bosch's blues, dark look.  So far, I'm not loving the actor choice for Mickey Haller either.  Also, it's anti-cop as hell.  But I'd love to see an interaction between the two shows. Doubtful with the streaming wars though.

@aimless should pen a parallel universe series: The U-Haul Lawyer
View Quote

Why is he Australian?  

Episode 1 spoiler, to your point about anti-cop sentiment:
Click To View Spoiler

Series spoiler
Click To View Spoiler

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:30:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
O
original series was almost as boring as this one.  Why all the fresh tattoos?  Little old for that.
View Quote

He has all the same tattoos.  Those are the actor's actual tattoos.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:21:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The writing and direction just keeps getting worse.
Chandler is taking overacting to new levels.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

As an officer of the court...tampering with evidence?  Wtf?

And Harry stepping across the aisle to testify for the defense is a great big no-no in the books.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:55:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

And Harry stepping across the aisle to testify for the defense is a great big no-no in the books.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The writing and direction just keeps getting worse.
Chandler is taking overacting to new levels.

Click To View Spoiler

Why is that?  Isn't Chandler a defense lawyer?
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:06:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Writing in this show sucks donkey balls and they need to GTFO with the SJ bullshit

Still want Harry’s XJ

I mean...

https://www.cnet.com/tech/services-and-software/google-apologizes-for-algorithm-mistakenly-calling-black-people-gorillas/

Part of my job is working with the facial ID/login systems on Windows, and ethnicities are vastly more difficult to process right.  Darker skin tones and low-res cameras exacerbate things.

I'm enjoying the new series so far, but stealing gas as the big scam seems a little pedestrian for L. A.  For a minute I thought they were going to use the "coke dissolved in gas" thing like James Bond.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:13:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Anyone catch Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix yet?  Mood is interesting - LA is more brown, orange, dusty as opposed to Bosch's blues, dark look.  So far, I'm not loving the actor choice for Mickey Haller either.  Also, it's anti-cop as hell.  But I'd love to see an interaction between the two shows. Doubtful with the streaming wars though.

@aimless should pen a parallel universe series: The U-Haul Lawyer
View Quote
Lincoln Lawyer actor played the amputating cartel doctor in the second season of Goliath.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:41:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Part of my job is working with the facial ID/login systems on Windows, and ethnicities are vastly more difficult to process right.  Darker skin tones and low-res cameras exacerbate things.

I'm enjoying the new series so far, but stealing gas as the big scam seems a little pedestrian for L. A.  For a minute I thought they were going to use the "coke dissolved in gas" thing like James Bond.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still want Harry’s XJ

I mean...

I do agree, especially when those prices are now nationwide normal prices rather than the regularly outrageous L.A. prices.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:46:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's the issue. Going from catching perps to helping attorneys to get them off was seen as a betrayal of the badge.
At least,  in Bosch's world.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:48:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That's the issue. Going from catching perps to helping attorneys to get them off was seen as a betrayal of the badge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, but the "confession" they acquired from a mentally ill guy was definitely coerced and likely letting the real murderer get off free and clear
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 9:35:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

True, but the "confession" they acquired from a mentally ill guy was definitely coerced and likely letting the real murderer get off free and clear
View Quote

In Michael Connelly's fictional works,  you're either with us or agin us. Crossing over the thin blue line to help testify against the prosecution was a repudiation of prosecutors, and thus, cops.  Hard to show that with a cast of dozens.

That's why, Honey says "it's strictly between us." She knows she's got him by the short hairs. He's crossed over. She'll need him again,  and she can blackmail him. Don't think she won't!
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 3:35:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Lincoln Lawyer S1E5 speculation:
Click To View Spoiler

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:00:08 AM EDT
[#15]
According to this fine publication, she is the baddie in the season finale of Bosch. Also possibly the new precious.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:06:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:43:09 AM EDT
[#17]

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:49:25 AM EDT
[#18]

Attachment Attached File

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:53:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Different signals for each function.  Otherwise your windows roll, down, doors unlock, trunk opens, car starts and horn goes off everytime you get near it.
View Quote

so what good is capturing that passive signal if it WONT trigger the bomb??
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 11:04:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Different signals for each function.  Otherwise your windows roll, down, doors unlock, trunk opens, car starts and horn goes off everytime you get near it.

Spam the key sequence with command sequences until you get a boom. It's formatted per manufacturer, so likely there are only 3-8 command sequences associated with it.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 11:07:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Spam the key sequence with command sequences until you get a boom. It's formatted per manufacturer, so likely there are only 3-8 command sequences associated with it.

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

If thats the case, why arent cars with keyless ignitions being stolen left and right?
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 11:18:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Way to woke for me, stopped watching after three episodes.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 12:42:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If thats the case, why arent cars with keyless ignitions being stolen left and right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

Certain models are, one of the Kia or Hyundai models is notoriously easy to hit the right key sequence and boost without even seeing the key in the vicinity.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 9:15:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

If Bosch Legacy is too woke for you; you are as bad as the African-Americans that see racism everywhere.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#25]
New episodes already up on Prime.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 2:09:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Certain models are, one of the Kia or Hyundai models is notoriously easy to hit the right key sequence and boost without even seeing the key in the vicinity.

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

Kharn

Holy crap....
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 4:30:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

If Bosch Legacy is too woke for you; you are as bad as the African-Americans that see racism everywhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure there are posters on this site who feel that Birth of a Nation or Triumph of the Will are barely non-woke enough to watch.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 9:53:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'm sure there are posters on this site who feel that Birth of a Nation or Triumph of the Will are barely non-woke enough to watch.
View Quote

preach
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 10:27:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Ahem. Back to Bosch.

Only 2 more episodes. Will they tear his house down? Will he find the missing heir? Will Maddie get tossed off the force for stealing too many souls?  The world wonders.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 10:38:59 PM EDT
[#30]
I miss Chief Irving, good actor, especially getting pissed because of Bosch

Link Posted: 5/19/2022 10:54:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I miss Chief Irving, good actor, especially getting pissed because of Bosch

View Quote

He did a good job. I'm not sure Irving Irving was black in the original books. But Lance  Reddick owned that part!
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:46:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Legacy E8 intro
Click To View Spoiler

KHarn
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:53:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Legacy E8 intro
Click To View Spoiler

KHarn
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:06:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Legacy E8 intro
Click To View Spoiler

KHarn

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:09:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Legacy E8 intro
Click To View Spoiler

KHarn

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:16:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Good grief, some of the editing on this season are cringe-worthy - I know they must be making each episode for less money but come on!

And some of the acting is terrible.  The actor who played the younger Bosch confronting his 'father' was absolute shit, and the transition between the younger and elder Bosch through the 'eyes' was absolute amateur hour film making.

And come on, it's pretty obvious who knifed the Doctor - can see this coming from a mile away - piss poor story telling.  If I'm proven wrong in the next episode I'll eat humble pie, but I am sitting pretty fat and happy right now.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:31:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
In the book he was a Vietnam Tunnel Rat
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:55:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Int he book he was a Vietnam Tunnel Rat
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
Int he book he was a Vietnam Tunnel Rat

“Bosch” TV held true to Army, just different war. GW1, LAPD, re-upped for Afghanistan, where he did the tunnels.

I agree, this latest producer forgot Harry enlisted and finished before becoming a cop - the actor they cast was way too young for that.

Nice nod to Mickey and his Lincoln.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:11:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
In one of the Bosch episodes, he was a former Navy Seal.  It was the episode where he ambushed another SF type on an island.  S2 or S3 maybe, don't recall.  Big black containers with money.

The TV Bosch is way too young to be a Vietnam vet.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:31:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

He'd be an old man in the TV show if he did that
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:48:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
In one of the Bosch episodes, he was a former Navy Seal.  It was the episode where he ambushed another SF type on an island.  S2 or S3 maybe, don't recall.  Big black containers with money.

View Quote

Bosch told Dobbs that he was Special Forces 5th Group. Later Dobbs told Woody not to underestimate Bosch that he was 5th Group. I don't recall anything about SEALS.

Yep, Vietnam vets are in their 70s now.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:51:58 PM EDT
[#42]
The acting appears to be getting worse. Lots of pregnant pauses for no apparent reason.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 1:30:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Good grief, some of the editing on this season are cringe-worthy - I know they must be making each episode for less money but come on!

And some of the acting is terrible.  The actor who played the younger Bosch confronting his 'father' was absolute shit, and the transition between the younger and elder Bosch through the 'eyes' was absolute amateur hour film making.

And come on, it's pretty obvious who knifed the Doctor - can see this coming from a mile away - piss poor story telling.  If I'm proven wrong in the next episode I'll eat humble pie, but I am sitting pretty fat and happy right now.
View Quote

The actor playing young Bosch is actually Welliver's son in real life. I thought the resemblance was uncanny until I read that somewhere. He even had the walk down pretty well.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 1:31:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The actor playing young Bosch is actually Welliver's son in real life. I thought the resemblance was uncanny until I read that somewhere. He even had the walk down pretty well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The walk didn't look natural, but forced.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 1:39:27 PM EDT
[#45]
I think the writing is not very good.  The previous seasons were written much better.  I agree the story line of stealing as was super weak.  I also do not like some of the new characters.  Too fake and over acting.  Also how could a 100 pound Matty take down a 200 pound man who is ready to fight?  Just hard to believe that small women can take down a big man who is ready to fight.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 3:27:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
In the early days of the Bosch tv series, someone explained that it is expensive to do a retro tv series.
You have to use retro vehicles in every scene. Retro clothes. Gets really expensive. So they moved it forward to present day to keep cost in line.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 3:35:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Bosch's tech friend reminds me of a pre-tatted Post Malone
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 3:57:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Never in the navy
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:11:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Crate and Barrel are in episode 4.
View Quote
I <3 Crate and Barrel.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 12:38:29 AM EDT
[#50]
the writing is definitely on a lower level in this series. If they don't step it up, I can't see it lasting much longer. Maddie should have gone FBI like her mom, or they should have casted a beefier tough girl if they knew she was going to take on a cop role. I just find Madison Lintz not believable as a cop, although I like her character in general. She needs to pack on about 60 more pounds at least.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top