Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 6:13:42 AM EDT
[#1]
All we need is someone like Governor Shumlin with regards to guns, in a position of power, then we're all set

VT Governor tells cops to "look the other way" regarding illegals
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 6:17:30 AM EDT
[#2]

Definitely OT, but does anyone else think the writer of the article (Katie Pavlich) is kinda hot?  Pretty sure I've seen her on tv at least once....and the name rings a bell.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 6:18:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Sometimes I think the devil you know is better than the devil you don't.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 6:19:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I wonder if this is any indication how bad F&F is going to be?

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 6:26:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Definitely OT, but does anyone else think the writer of the article (Katie Pavlich) is kinda hot?  Pretty sure I've seen her on tv at least once....and the name rings a bell.

I believe you're thinking of Katie Pavlov.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 6:38:22 AM EDT
[#6]
they talk about it all the time....

this was last discussed in the 70s and 80's when the ATF went on some published raids against FFL's and they hurt some people and they hurt some people in the process.

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 6:50:38 AM EDT
[#7]
The only way the DOJ will get rid of the ATF is if they have plans to
make an even bigger rogue Federal agency with more power and even less
checks and balances than the ATF has now.

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:07:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

HA...They'll remove an entire agency just to cover the guy at the top.

First response.  This is smoke and mirrors; gun laws aren't going to magically disappear, either.

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:07:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

So if this happens does this mean I can finally put a happy switch on my rifle?

No, it just means the FBI will come and shoot your dog instead of the ATFE.

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:25:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I hate the ATF With a visceral loathing hate that seethes with vitriolic passion unsurpassed by the white-hot intensity of a million burning suns during supernova, however I see that anything the DOJ does is NOT going to be in the best interest of the American people and their firearm ownership rights.

I love adjectives.  Great writing.

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:37:25 AM EDT
[#11]
It will just be replaced with something worse. "the closest thing to immortality on earth is a govenment agency" or something to that effect, Ronal Reagan
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:40:57 AM EDT
[#12]
I tried, but I have no fucks to give for the ATF. Not even the constructive intent of a fuck.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:47:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hopefully my two tax stamps get approved before this happens

Well, they haven't funded the Department of Rights Restoration since the 80's (at least) so you have to wonder what agency would be tasked with issuing/tracking tax stamps and if said successor agency would actually have those staff positions funded or if the administration would "accidentally" forget to fund them thus "accidentally" limiting the number of MG's, silencers and SBx's.

That cannot be done.  The southern states did that with their poll taxes, getting rid of the ATF and not replacing it would mean you would get your class 3 for free and the taxes would not be collected.
When did ATF become part of Justice?  They used to be part of the Treasury department?

It would probably be up to the Treasury Department to collect their taxes and issue the stamps.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:47:19 AM EDT
[#14]
I wouldn't get too excited. If they do away with ATF, they'll just roll those 'services' into DHS. Homeland Security: Now with even MORE jurisdiction and power!
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:49:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I wouldn't get too excited. If they do away with ATF, they'll just roll those 'services' into DHS. Homeland Security: Now with even MORE jurisdiction and power!

Nope, it would go back to Treasury.

Failure to issue the stamps would give the Supreme Court the excuse to review GCA 68, with the current court that is the LAST thing particularly THIS administration would want.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 8:57:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
All we need is someone like Governor Shumlin with regards to guns, in a position of power, then we're all set

VT Governor tells cops to "look the other way" regarding illegals

Which is why I suspect Jan Brewer is dirty after her judicial consideration....
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top