Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 10:08:37 AM EDT
I Have A Friend Who Bought One Of Todd's So Called Weapons  Chance's Are It Wouldnt Fire And If It Did You Wouldnt(Couldnt) Hit Your Target !! I Have Shot Much Better Slingshots And Thats The Honest Truth!
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 3:44:42 PM EDT
Originally Posted By prk:
What was the worst gun you've had?

Still got it?

View Quote
worse than anything ive ever seen, colt cowboy, and after dealing with colt service I will never buy another colt anything!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 4:22:10 PM EDT
toss-up, either a ww1 era 7.62 carcano, or a NEF 12 ga single shot shotgun. both long gone. carc was a parts gun that fired ok, if you just wanted to waste (expensive) ammo (hey i was 16), shotgin was a old home defender modification. might consider dealing with a NEF again.
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 5:00:42 PM EDT
Raven .25 auto,

was young and dumb when I bought it, little did I know how expensive ammo for that POS was and how you had to be within clubbing distince to hit anything.

I guess the little raven .22 isn't that bad, so as far as POS guns I'm lucky
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 5:11:14 PM EDT
Mini 14 and mini 30 can be made accurate by a firm in odessa Texas. Look in shotgun news. They have a small add. I hear they are good. I got rid of a mini 30 to buy an AR. Never had second thoughts. I love the AR. I think the AR has the best feel when shooting it. Total control.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 5:56:54 AM EDT
worst gun I ever had was  a cheap no-name .22 I bought at a garage sale for 20 bucks.  You could barely chamber it for a small part that was bent.  It would fire but unreliably.  I refinished the stock as practice and sold it to a guy for 10 bucks.  (My personal motto; Buy high, sell low)  I felt bad it wasn't reliable.  But I did get some excellent stock refinishing skills out of it.

2nd worst;  Pre-ban Intratec Tec 9 with the barrel shroud.  What a jam-o-matic.  No I don't have it.  It was a gift from a buddy for getting him a great job. I sold it for 350 bucks and bought a Kimber Ultra Carry from the same guy.  

Sometimes I wish I had kept it just for it's shock value alone.  When I took people to the range they seemed to enjoy shooting it and it's kind of futuristic look.  It was truly a POS though......

Crash
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 6:17:11 AM EDT
Hesse AR-15,need I say more?
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 6:41:49 AM EDT
It was a Colt officers 45, I had three Colt's at the time and bought this one because the price was right. Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it. I finally took three buddies out, all who had and were excellent with their 45's and we found we all could punch the center out of a target, but had a hard time even hitting the target with the officers. Made for a good trade in on a Python though, bought the officers for 250, traded it and $50 on a nickel Python woth 600.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 7:35:30 AM EDT
A Ruger mini-14. Without a doubt the biggest POS ever put on the market. Mine would (on a GOOD day), group 4.5 inches at 100yds, with a scope. Best used in close combat (as a club).
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 8:15:19 AM EDT
GLOCK

Well....You asked.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 8:25:46 AM EDT
FEATHER AT 22
FEATHER AT 9 Carbine
Both were new and could'nt get the damn things to fire consistently. Seemed to be a good design but the firing pin assembly was an inferior setup.The 9mm uses a modified UZI mag. I sold them after my brother kept calling them the 22 clicker and the 9mm clicker.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 8:27:15 AM EDT

A "Western Field" (Montgomery Ward) 20 gauge bolt-action shotgun with an adjustable choke and 3-shot mag.  Given to me by my mom and dad for my 13th birthday.  What a piece of crap......... I wouldn't part with it for anything! [:D]
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 8:58:26 AM EDT
Polytech M-14S, the thing would go fully automatic every now and then! A gunsmith looked at it and told me the sear was out of whack along with the headspace. I did not know much at the time,this was my first military type rifle, I was 21 at the time and could not afford a Springfield, it's looooong gone!!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 9:03:39 AM EDT
My piece of junk is a S&W SIGMA 9mm what a piece of Sh*T it is,I sent it to S&W twice
for failure to hit the primer in the center, cause alot of miss fires.It doesn't even make a
good club! [BD] It colects dust in the safe now.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 9:04:56 AM EDT
Browning Gold 12 Gaughe 3 1/2" semi-auto.

Fired wonderfully the first few hundered rounds, however, would never shoot 2 3/4 shells worth shit, no matter what kind of load.

Sent it back to Browning, took 6, yes I said SIX plus months to get it back. I was ran around everytime I called and asked where the f*ck my gun was at. I'll never buy another browning again..

Hello Weatherby!

It will now shoot everything I put through it, but it still never should of had that problem, and most of all, it shouldn't have taken 6+ months to get it back.

-Green
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 9:11:46 AM EDT
I almost forgot, I traded the Polytech in for a mini-14. I don't know which was the worst, I'd say the Poly because it was'nt safe to shoot.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 9:17:46 AM EDT
Bryco Arms model nine  (Jennings 9mm). Need I say anything further?
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 10:25:21 PM EDT
Intratec AB-10. Hands down.
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 6:59:26 AM EDT
An SMLE. A very beat 1918 SMLE (BTW, other than ARs, Lee-Enfields are my fave rifle, bar none). Many gouges in the stock, but an OK bore. I was new to guns, and one was for sale at a local gun shop. On a whim I bought it ($75) and shot some grab-bag rounds. Oddly enough, it shot rather well, but after a while, the wood kept splitting and splintering every session, necessitating glue and braces. (Bad signs already...)

The recoil (and groups) got worse, so I stopped shooting it. A local gunsmith then told me I had a headspace problem to it. I was so new to guns, I said, "What's headspace?" He rolled his eyes, and said, "It would cost more to cure the problem, than to buy one in better shape. Make it a wall hanger, or keep it as a parts gun."

Too bad- I like SMLEs- when I get spare $, I'll follow his advice- wish I'd known him before I bought the first one, though....
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 6:17:33 PM EDT
Several years back Navy Arms imported a 9mm Chinese copy of the Egyptian copy of the Tokarev (the original Egyptian was called the Tokagypt).  Like a chump, I bought one.  Apparently, no part of it was actually heat-treated, parts began to deform fromt he first shot.  By the third magazine, it had to be disassembled with a mallet after EACH SHOT!  I worked on it and got it to where it would cycle by manually w/ dummy cartridges, and sold it.  The guy who bought it was told it was a POS, but he wanted it anyway.  Worst waste of $200 in my life.  I'd have been better off spending it on pizza and a hooker.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top