Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 10:08:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I Have A Friend Who Bought One Of Todd's So Called Weapons  Chance's Are It Wouldnt Fire And If It Did You Wouldnt(Couldnt) Hit Your Target !! I Have Shot Much Better Slingshots And Thats The Honest Truth!
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 3:44:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What was the worst gun you've had?

Still got it?

View Quote
worse than anything ive ever seen, colt cowboy, and after dealing with colt service I will never buy another colt anything!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 4:22:10 PM EDT
[#3]
toss-up, either a ww1 era 7.62 carcano, or a NEF 12 ga single shot shotgun. both long gone. carc was a parts gun that fired ok, if you just wanted to waste (expensive) ammo (hey i was 16), shotgin was a old home defender modification. might consider dealing with a NEF again.
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 5:00:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Raven .25 auto,

was young and dumb when I bought it, little did I know how expensive ammo for that POS was and how you had to be within clubbing distince to hit anything.

I guess the little raven .22 isn't that bad, so as far as POS guns I'm lucky
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 5:11:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Mini 14 and mini 30 can be made accurate by a firm in odessa Texas. Look in shotgun news. They have a small add. I hear they are good. I got rid of a mini 30 to buy an AR. Never had second thoughts. I love the AR. I think the AR has the best feel when shooting it. Total control.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 5:56:54 AM EDT
[#6]
worst gun I ever had was  a cheap no-name .22 I bought at a garage sale for 20 bucks.  You could barely chamber it for a small part that was bent.  It would fire but unreliably.  I refinished the stock as practice and sold it to a guy for 10 bucks.  (My personal motto; Buy high, sell low)  I felt bad it wasn't reliable.  But I did get some excellent stock refinishing skills out of it.

2nd worst;  Pre-ban Intratec Tec 9 with the barrel shroud.  What a jam-o-matic.  No I don't have it.  It was a gift from a buddy for getting him a great job. I sold it for 350 bucks and bought a Kimber Ultra Carry from the same guy.  

Sometimes I wish I had kept it just for it's shock value alone.  When I took people to the range they seemed to enjoy shooting it and it's kind of futuristic look.  It was truly a POS though......

Crash
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 6:17:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Hesse AR-15,need I say more?
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 6:41:49 AM EDT
[#8]
It was a Colt officers 45, I had three Colt's at the time and bought this one because the price was right. Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it. I finally took three buddies out, all who had and were excellent with their 45's and we found we all could punch the center out of a target, but had a hard time even hitting the target with the officers. Made for a good trade in on a Python though, bought the officers for 250, traded it and $50 on a nickel Python woth 600.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 7:35:30 AM EDT
[#9]
A Ruger mini-14. Without a doubt the biggest POS ever put on the market. Mine would (on a GOOD day), group 4.5 inches at 100yds, with a scope. Best used in close combat (as a club).
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 8:15:19 AM EDT
[#10]
GLOCK

Well....You asked.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 8:25:46 AM EDT
[#11]
FEATHER AT 22
FEATHER AT 9 Carbine
Both were new and could'nt get the damn things to fire consistently. Seemed to be a good design but the firing pin assembly was an inferior setup.The 9mm uses a modified UZI mag. I sold them after my brother kept calling them the 22 clicker and the 9mm clicker.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 8:27:15 AM EDT
[#12]

A "Western Field" (Montgomery Ward) 20 gauge bolt-action shotgun with an adjustable choke and 3-shot mag.  Given to me by my mom and dad for my 13th birthday.  What a piece of crap......... I wouldn't part with it for anything! [:D]
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 8:58:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Polytech M-14S, the thing would go fully automatic every now and then! A gunsmith looked at it and told me the sear was out of whack along with the headspace. I did not know much at the time,this was my first military type rifle, I was 21 at the time and could not afford a Springfield, it's looooong gone!!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 9:03:39 AM EDT
[#14]
My piece of junk is a S&W SIGMA 9mm what a piece of Sh*T it is,I sent it to S&W twice
for failure to hit the primer in the center, cause alot of miss fires.It doesn't even make a
good club! [BD] It colects dust in the safe now.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 9:04:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Browning Gold 12 Gaughe 3 1/2" semi-auto.

Fired wonderfully the first few hundered rounds, however, would never shoot 2 3/4 shells worth shit, no matter what kind of load.

Sent it back to Browning, took 6, yes I said SIX plus months to get it back. I was ran around everytime I called and asked where the f*ck my gun was at. I'll never buy another browning again..

Hello Weatherby!

It will now shoot everything I put through it, but it still never should of had that problem, and most of all, it shouldn't have taken 6+ months to get it back.

-Green
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 9:11:46 AM EDT
[#16]
I almost forgot, I traded the Polytech in for a mini-14. I don't know which was the worst, I'd say the Poly because it was'nt safe to shoot.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 9:17:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Bryco Arms model nine  (Jennings 9mm). Need I say anything further?
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 10:25:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Intratec AB-10. Hands down.
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 6:59:26 AM EDT
[#19]
An SMLE. A very beat 1918 SMLE (BTW, other than ARs, Lee-Enfields are my fave rifle, bar none). Many gouges in the stock, but an OK bore. I was new to guns, and one was for sale at a local gun shop. On a whim I bought it ($75) and shot some grab-bag rounds. Oddly enough, it shot rather well, but after a while, the wood kept splitting and splintering every session, necessitating glue and braces. (Bad signs already...)

The recoil (and groups) got worse, so I stopped shooting it. A local gunsmith then told me I had a headspace problem to it. I was so new to guns, I said, "What's headspace?" He rolled his eyes, and said, "It would cost more to cure the problem, than to buy one in better shape. Make it a wall hanger, or keep it as a parts gun."

Too bad- I like SMLEs- when I get spare $, I'll follow his advice- wish I'd known him before I bought the first one, though....
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 6:17:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Several years back Navy Arms imported a 9mm Chinese copy of the Egyptian copy of the Tokarev (the original Egyptian was called the Tokagypt).  Like a chump, I bought one.  Apparently, no part of it was actually heat-treated, parts began to deform fromt he first shot.  By the third magazine, it had to be disassembled with a mallet after EACH SHOT!  I worked on it and got it to where it would cycle by manually w/ dummy cartridges, and sold it.  The guy who bought it was told it was a POS, but he wanted it anyway.  Worst waste of $200 in my life.  I'd have been better off spending it on pizza and a hooker.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top