Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:14:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You cannot have a system that governs itself when a large portion of your population is unable to revolve conflicts, think, and reason on an adult level...

Ummm...nevermind...someone else can hit this one off the tee...

Your right Red!

Well I guess we should have let New Orleans govern itself all along...

Maybe we should have had unregulated full autos too!

I'm sure they have the power to govern themselves and function without a government in place!

I bet a small group of decent, hard working Americans could put up a good fight and keep the city under control!

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:15:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Think about the incident in Somolia...

oh that one where the trained people using mostly semiautomatic fire had about a 200 to 1 kill ratio?

Those people were heavily armed and trained for combat...

An average unarmed citizen on the street isn't able to respond to a deadly threat with the effectiveness of a US soldier...

Lose the laws, arm the citizens.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:15:55 PM EDT
[#3]
do you honestly think that savagery and anarchy would rule the streets if we allowed machineguns to be sold in the same manner as any other firearm, or even as easy to get as say a garden rake?  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:18:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
do you honestly think that savagery and anarchy would rule the streets if we allowed machineguns to be sold in the same manner as any other firearm, or even as easy to get as say a garden rake?  

Gangs would buy them, citizens would buy them, I would buy them, TRH would buy them, ARFCOM would buy them....

And we would all be happy.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:19:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh, and I would LOVE to install the original FCG that came with my rommy kit.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:19:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You cannot have a system that governs itself when a large portion of your population is unable to revolve conflicts, think, and reason on an adult level...

Your right Red!

I'm sure they have the power to govern themselves and function without a government in place!

I bet a small group of decent, hard working Americans could put up a good fight and keep the city under control!

I bet had decent, hard working Americans stayed in NO they wouldve policed the city.  Your precious government didnt do much to control it either, other than disarm the ones who did not commit any crimes.  Thats your logic at work!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:19:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your right Red!

Dude, the scum element in NO exists BECAUSE of the nanny state. Less government is always better than more. If you REALLY want .gov to watch out for you and make you safe, move to the UK.
Just hope no one stabs you with a spoon (since people like you have decided that knives are dangerous and must be controlled) and takes your wallet.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:20:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

oh that one where the trained people using mostly semiautomatic fire had about a 200 to 1 kill ratio?

An average unarmed citizen on the street isn't able to respond with the effectiveness of a US soldier...

IF this was a problem it wouldve been a problem before 1934, 1968, and 1986
when the various machine gun legislations were put into effect.  There never was a problem with full autos in the US, and never would be if these actions were repealed tomorrow.

People wern't as crazy are they are now in 1934 1968 and 1986...

I'm pretty damn sure you didn't hear about people raping babies, bludgeoning children with hammers, and shooting up schools in 1935...

We live in a different time today!

Society is going to keep getting more lascivious, insane, and immoral...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:20:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You didnt know of the magical properties of machine guns that automatically turn the populace into raving lunatics who do nothing more than kill children and rape their puppies?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:21:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your right Red!

I could have given those looters a run for their money. Hook up my SKS with a drum and mount it on a pintle on my brother's Zodiak and patrol the streets.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:21:28 PM EDT
[#11]
how in the FUCK do you know that people were "less crazy" back then?

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:21:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wow we do have real Anarchists here

no, just a semi hard core libertarian.  I do believe that people have the ability to govern themselves.(which is not anarchy)

You and I both know that there are too many morons here (In the US) for that to work...

and you being the ripe old age of 14 or 15 knows this exactly how?  there are enough intelligent people to negate the stupid ones if they are given an equal say.

You really seem to know a lot about me just from reading rants on the internet!

Maybe you should come to down to meet me and the Georgia crew at an ARFCOM group shoot...

That is not true.

Take a look at some of the lunatics in the House and Senate.

I don't think this concept could work in America.

There are more ignorant individuals than intelligent ones.

Got some news for ya, it did until 1934.

Start arming people and you might find that people learn to problem solve.  An armed society is a polite society.  We've discussed this very issue at length in regards to carrying concealed.  It has been almost unanimous that members of this board are more likely to seek ways to avoid conflict when they are carrying.  The knowledge of what the consequences might be is enough to keep most people in line.  Crimminals don't attack those that they know to be armed.  That's why we see people shooting up schools and churches rather than National Gaurd armories.

Up until the early 20th century, the United States had virtually no restrictions on firearms.  You could by pistols from the Sears catalog and have them delivered to your doorstep, same goes for Thompsons.  I don't think that it would be that unreasonable to believe that the United States could return to that freedom without too mcuh difficulty.

The Brady bunch have been yelling and screaming that there will be blood running in the streets if we don't pass whatever the gun control measure of the week happens to be.  We have yet to see that happen.  Deregulating MGs and other NFA weapons will have virtually no effect on the violent crime rate in the United States, if anything the crime rate will decrease because crimminals will now be forced to fear the average citizen more than they have ever feared him before.

The simple fact that there are still crimes commited with (illegal) machine guns with the ban in effect shows that it has had little to no effect on crime.  Crimminals will find a way to get their hands on any weapon they want, no matter the regulations placed on them by the feudal lords politicians in congress.  They only people that are restricted are those who by their very nature choose to obey the laws of the land.

Do I believe that firearms and other weapons should be deregulated in the United States?  Heck YEAH!  This is not all for selfish reasons either, it is because I know that citizens of this nation are either losing or giving up their God-given rights every day.  I think that the time has well passed that we start to take them back.

Whether or not you believe that the modern American public can handle the responsibility of possessing MGs and other weapons is irrelevant.  The founding fathers saw the RKBA as a God-given, inalienable right.  This means that no government has the authority to restrict or regulate the RKBA.  I fully subscribe to that ideaology.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:21:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

An average unarmed citizen on the street isn't able to respond with the effectiveness of a US soldier...

when the various machine gun legislations were put into effect.  There never was a problem with full autos in the US, and never would be if these actions were repealed tomorrow.

I'm pretty damn sure you didn't hear about people raping babies, bludgeoning children with hammers, and shooting up schools in 1935...

Instead of adding fuel to the fire dont you think you should contain and extinguish it?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:21:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Would you all really feel comfortable with unregulated machineguns?

Haven't you all met "Gun Owners" who are too stupid to safely operate a gun?

How would you feel if they were able to buy automatic weapons?

How would you feel if these people bought a machine gun:

Redneck Farmer Doesn't need one he has Ammonium Nitrate and a ton of fuel oil
Local Drug DealerAlready has one.
Bi-polar Highschool studentUsed the Motivational poster thread and a shoestring from his school internet connection.
Neo-Nazi activistUses an SBS (short barrelled shotgun)
Disgruntled post-office workerAlready has one

How would you feel if the media brodcast this 24/7 so every Tom/Dick/Harry went out and armed themselves?

I think the pleasure of full-auto ownership is clouding your judgement...

The reality of your examples.

96Ag
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:22:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your right Red!

Dude, the scum element in NO exists BECAUSE of the nanny state. Less government is always better than more. If you REALLY want .gov to watch out for you and make you safe, move to the UK.
Just hope no one stabs you with a spoon (since people like you have decided that knives are dangerous and must be controlled) and takes your wallet.

You can't change a nanny state back to a free state...

If you disagree, tell me how...

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:22:40 PM EDT
[#16]
I just want to know one thing. How do you suggest we do it?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:24:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your right Red!

Go research the American Revolution and talk to me when youre done.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:25:19 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

start by electing libertarians and people outside of the "big two" parties.  its a start.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:25:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Cold Turkey, its really the only way to do it. The learning curve would be steep but society would be the stronger for it.

96Ag
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:25:48 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your right Red!

The same way it was changed into a nanny state: piece by piece, step by step.

It's hard work. Whining it can't be done won't accomplish one damn thing.

You may not be up to the task. In that case I suggest you take up needlepoint.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:27:21 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your right Red!

You assert YOUR rights. Jury nullification on trials involving illegitimate gun laws (NFA). Vote out the commie pukes in your district. Arm the populace--trust me, when the thugs learn that trying to mug someone will get them shot by 20 people, they will knock that shit off.

Encourage people to take responsibility for themselves. Shit, REQUIRE people to take responsibility for themselves.

More .gov is a bad bad BAD fucking idea. They are NOT interested in your well being. They want power, and they want money. Your money.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:28:17 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

start by electing libertarians and people outside of the "big two" parties.  its a start.

+1

it's too bad so many people think that doing so is to "throw away your vote"
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:28:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I agree but, with the current administration, it's never going to happen.

If you show me a leader who is up for the task, I'll vote for him right away...

Its too bad there isnt a nationwide organization dedicated to promoting gun rights that could take the initative on this.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:29:08 PM EDT
[#24]
... We need to boot all "No" voters off the site!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:29:46 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're right.  People during that time frame weren't so crazy to think that they could be kept safe by the government alone.

In 1935, crimminals had a great deal more to fear from the average American citizen.  Why?  Because back then, Americans didn't have to deal with ridiculous restrictions on their right to defend themselves, and only recently had to contend with unreasonable restrictions on the weapons that would be used for self-defense.

We do live in a different time today.  Crimminals know that most people walking the street aren't armed, and most are unwilling to defend themselves even if they were.  Crimminals no longer have to fear armed civilians near airports, post offices, court buildings etc.  Back then, crimminals had something to fear.  Now, armed citizens willing to defend their lives and property are sadly in the minority, because of rediculous restrictions placed on their rights.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:31:12 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its too bad there isnt a nationwide organization dedicated to promoting gun rights that could take the initative on this.

That's just it. It doesn't get done right away.

You ned to learn patience and persistance. Pissing and moaning because it won't get done right away is the mark of a loser.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:31:52 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why do you need a "leader"?

You want a Representative. Someone who speaks for you and your district/county/state and Country. A leader tells you what to do. A representative does what you tell him..
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:33:16 PM EDT
[#28]
How come we have so many trolls voting on this poll????

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:36:52 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Two letters...

D
U
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:42:06 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

... There is a reason certain gun owners would vote no: Those greedy, beady-eyed fuckers that do not want to see their $12K M16 devalue to 1/24 the current sticker price.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:42:55 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You ned to learn patience and persistance. Pissing and moaning because it won't get done right away is the mark of a loser.

So many people here think it can be done right away...

You are right, it takes time.

The enemy is converting children into liberals at a greater rate than we can convert newcomers into shooters...

Kids are brought up through the school system at an early age with an agenda...

Generations of kids are being converted classrooms at a time...

Do you think there will still be enough shooters alive to accomplish anything?

It seems that most of the activist gun owners are getting pretty old and there isn't enough young adolescents shooting...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:46:20 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The enemy is converting children into liberals at a greater rate than we can convert newcomers into shooters...

It seems that most of the activist gun owners are getting pretty old and there isn't enough young adolescents shooting...

Well, I can safely say that my children will never see the inside of a public school classroom as students.

And at least conservatives for the most part are reproducing at a greater rate than liberals.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:47:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Here's my thought process:

I was recently sitting in court listening to a tape of one of our police officers calling for help on his cell phone after being shot in a robbery attempt.  As he was telling the dispatcher where he was, the would be robbers came back around the corner to finish off their victim, because dead witnesses don't testify.

They shot the shit out of him with an AK and drove away while he bled to death.

Do I want machine guns deregulated?

The way I feel right now, fuck no.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:47:44 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

... There is a reason certain gun owners would vote no: Those greedy, beady-eyed fuckers that do not want to see their $12K M16 devalue to 1/24 the current sticker price.

But it would still be pre-ban like the pre 94 colts still pulling premium on gunbroker!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:48:34 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, I can safely say that my children will never see the inside of a public school classroom as students.

And at least conservatives for the most part are reproducing at a greater rate than liberals.

Yup, no contraceptives in my house!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:48:53 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I was recently sitting in court listening to a tape of one of our police officers calling for help on his cell phone after being shot in a robbery attempt.  As he was telling the dispatcher where he was, the would be robbers came back around the corner to finish off their victim, because dead witnesses don't testify.

and I am willing to bet you $100 that it was an illegal AK anyway.  so what would change?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:50:58 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Yep, because THE LAWS IN PLACE ALREADY DID SO MUCH TO STOP IT.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:51:52 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

standard LEO response to any pro gun legislation
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:53:39 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wouldve had a different outcome had the masses been allowed to carry tiehr own rifles, carbines, and subguns on their person during their daily activitles.  Israel, with all the publicity it gets for car bombings and such, has 1/6th the murder rate of the US average per 100,000 people; all because everybody in Israel is packing, many carry FA rifles and carbines.  High school kids can sign out a firearm from the armories before walking to school, or when they know they have to travel in a bad neighborhood.  Think about that one.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:53:45 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Would you feel better if he had used a deer rifle?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:56:01 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Would you all really feel comfortable with unregulated machineguns?

Haven't you all met "Gun Owners" who are too stupid to safely operate a gun?

How would you feel if they were able to buy automatic weapons?

How would you feel if these people bought a machine gun:

Redneck Farmer
Local Drug Dealer
Bi-polar Highschool student
Neo-Nazi activist
Disgruntled post-office worker

handheld full auto  is a joke unless it is in a miltary setting with   interlocking fields of fire etc

Single guy with a machine gun BRAAAAAPPP!! shit out of ammo  then gets shot or beat up

or brap! damn out of ammo   brapppp there finally hit somebody  brappp!! crap shot all the ammo i had ....gets shot or beat up
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:56:37 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

One does not need a FA to execute someone...If you want to ban guns used for assasinations we better get rid of .22s then...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:56:42 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Would you feel better if he had used a deer rifle?

I'll feel better when he gets the death penalty.

Sorry guys, my mistake to post anything "anti-gun" here.  Just move along - nothing to see here but a grieving cop.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:56:52 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and I am willing to bet you $100 that it was an illegal AK anyway.  so what would change?

That's also the exact thinking of the Bradys and Kennedys. Somebody shot my brother/hubby, so I'm against guns now.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:00:35 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Asking that here is like asking a kid if he likes candy.

Kinda like askin' if we like pie!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:58:23 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

While my position on the law is different from yours, the only point I want to get across to you is that I'm sorry for your loss.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:00:00 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
... We need to boot all "No" voters off the site!

Goatboy could code the response into the poll.

No...vote...buh-bye!

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:05:33 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

While my position on the law is different from yours, the only point I want to get across to you is that I'm sorry for your loss.

Thanks for your sentiment.

My usual position on the law is that I want all non-criminals to have full auto weapons.  They're fun, they're cool, and great for protection (in certain circumstances).

I just don't know how to keep the gangsters and thugs from getting their hands on such things.  

What a damn conundrum.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:05:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Dumbest. Question. Ever.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:09:23 PM EDT
[#50]
is a frogs ass wat.. you know the god damned answer!
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top