Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:06:04 PM EDT
[#1]
So really what you are saying is nothing should be regulated, people are still going to rape, murder, drink, do drugs, drive drunk, have thier dogs crap in your yard, speed, go the wrong way down one way streets , ect.. wether there are laws or not against them if they really want to . It should be every man for themselves and survival of the fittest ....  sheer anarchy .
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:07:18 PM EDT
[#2]
If you cant protect your self, family, or property then you have no business in a free society.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:08:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So really what you are saying is nothing should be regulated, people are still going to rape, murder, drink, do drugs, drive drunk, have thier dogs crap in your yard, speed, go the wrong way down one way streets , ect.. wether there are laws or not against them if they really want to . It should be every man for themselves and survival of the fittest ....  sheer anarchy .

dogs and cats living together,,,complete anarchy!!!

Damnit,freedom is dangerous! Where's my blanket, I have to go hide in a corner!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:09:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

so lets just regulate every single facet of our daily lives instead.  

or maybe we can let people govern themselves without government intervention.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:10:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Asking that here is like asking a kid if he likes candy.

Isn't that the truth.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:10:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

or maybe we can let people govern themselves without government intervention

I think you may be on to something, maybe someday in America we will have freedom like that...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:10:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

or maybe we can let people govern themselves without government intervention.

You must some kind of anarchist.

Or you're channeling the founding fathers.

Either way, you're a dangerous radical.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:11:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You think the US was anarchy before the NFA? Damn public schools...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:12:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow we do have real Anarchists here
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:13:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

no, just a semi hard core libertarian.  I do believe that people have the ability to govern themselves.(which is not anarchy)
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:13:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Does Howdy Doody have wooden balls?

No he doesn't!

I have an Aunt who has a Howdy Doody puppet.

And once upon a time when we wert in 1st grade or so we decided to Play Doctor.  The patients were the dolls that she and our aunt owned.

Need I go further?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:13:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Maybe you can find a liberal statist board where you can feel more welcome.

I hear DU has openings.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:16:00 PM EDT
[#13]
I actually didn't vote "no"
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:20:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Does a fat baby sweat?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:30:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
dumb question

its like asking who is against clean air and water. obvious answer

I liked water better when it had more arsenic in it. Tasted much better, and helped build up immunity to being poisoned!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:34:57 PM EDT
[#16]
ALL weapons should be unregulated, up to (but excluding) nuclear arms.  Explosives should be properly stored, and dangerous handling withing a populated area should be met with hefty fines and prison time.  

Nuclear arms should be regulated approximately to teh point that handguns are regulated in NYC.  It should be hard to get a permit, and you have to prove that you have somewhere to keep it that is far enough away from others that it doesn't pose a viable threat to society.  Also, perhaps you should have a valid use for it - i.e. large-scale demolition.

IOW, if I live 10 miles from the nearest person, no one should be able to tell me I can't keep a 55 gallon drum of nitroglycerin in my living room.  If I am stupid enough to do it, I'm smart enough to deal with the consequences...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:41:22 PM EDT
[#17]
All firearms should be legalized and available to law abiding citizens.

Remember what the 2nd amendment was all about, viz the ability of the citizens to protect themselves from a tyranical government; hence they needed and still do need weapons of the same quality and type as those that the potentially tyranical government has.  Does this mean RPG's, full auto, tanks, etc.  The simple answer is YES.  That is what the second amendment is all about.

Is this a radical position to take?  You bet it is but the second amendment was a radical position to take as well.  Remember Jefferson's musing about the necessity of a revolution every couple of generations.  I think he was serious.  And no revolution will ever succeed when one side has all the advanced weaponry and the other is shooting BB guns.

America was founded by some very radical fellows who believed that freedom from state control was the number one priority; many gave their lives so as not to have some government tell them just what weapons they could own or could tax them to death.

I think we have all grown a bit soft and that is not a good thing.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:43:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does Howdy Doody have wooden balls?

No he doesn't!

I have an Aunt who has a Howdy Doody puppet.

And once upon a time when we wert in 1st grade or so we decided to Play Doctor.  The patients were the dolls that she and our aunt owned.

Need I go further?

Damnit! Now somebody's gonna tell me the Pope ain't Catholic.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:44:07 PM EDT
[#19]
nukes and bio/chem weapons could be regulated, just because I dont want to see a 100 kiloton AD from some dumb assed mall ninja wannabe who accidentally trips the switch on the MIRV in his garage
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:47:17 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
nukes and bio/chem weapons could be regulated, just because I dont want to see a 100 kiloton AD from some dumb assed mall ninja wannabe who accidentally trips the switch on the MIRV in his garage

that would be a ND.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:49:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Hell no!

Don't de-regulate machine guns!

Just un-ban them and leave the paperwork in place!

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:50:46 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Hell no!

Don't de-regulate machine guns!

Just un-ban them and leave the paperwork in place!

well those of us who dont have daddy buy everything we own would rather not pay the extra $200
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:54:52 PM EDT
[#23]
ok. since the act not only had to do with mgs.. but other things like law rockets. can we deregulate rpgs too? actually i wanna rpg more than an mg.. lots more fun...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:25:14 PM EDT
[#24]
I vote YES.

This in no way precludes your being a fucked-up fringe element.

This is not necessarily a bad thing. I've had a great deal of fun around fringe elements, fucked-up and otherwise.

ETA: The Government of the State of Washington, such as it is, would be greatly improved by the knowledge that there were several thousand RPGs andf SMAWs in the hands of the subjects citizens.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:28:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:31:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Yuper
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:32:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Does a bear wipe his ass with a rabbit?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:35:35 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I liked the first thread better...

So did I.  I did not call out tc556guy.  Hell, I like him, he keep me on my toes.  Arguing with him is good practice for the real world.  

Are you a kindergarten teacher?

Sorry.

You said arguing with tc556 was good practice for real life. I was curious if you deal with children for a living.

I have to snipe on tc556. He keeps me entertained. Simple things for simple minds, and all.

His avatar should be Cartman dressed as a cop. I'll need to ask him what kind of big wheel he drives...

Now, now.  We're gonna get yekimak's second thread over-moderated for him if we don't simmer down.

I saved him the search for it...

www.radicalruss.net/blog/images/cartman-cop.jpg

...somebody with some photoshop skills can change the nametag...

Here

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:41:24 PM EDT
[#29]

excellent
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:44:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Would you all really feel comfortable with unregulated machineguns?

Haven't you all met "Gun Owners" who are too stupid to safely operate a gun?

How would you feel if they were able to buy automatic weapons?

How would you feel if these people bought a machine gun:

Redneck Farmer
Local Drug Dealer
Bi-polar Highschool student
Neo-Nazi activist
Disgruntled post-office worker

How would you feel if the media brodcast this 24/7 so every Tom/Dick/Harry went out and armed themselves?

I think the pleasure of full-auto ownership is clouding your judgement...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

no, just a semi hard core libertarian.  I do believe that people have the ability to govern themselves.(which is not anarchy)

You and I both know that there are too many morons here (In the US) for that to work...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:49:33 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Redneck Farmer
Local Drug Dealer
Neo-Nazi activist

How would you feel if the media brodcast this 24/7 so every Tom/Dick/Harry went out and armed themselves?

um they can buy a MG now.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:51:07 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Redneck Farmer
Local Drug Dealer
Neo-Nazi activist

Whats any different than them owning a semi auto?  Most people cannot effectively utilize a full auto anyways, I would feel safer.  Besides, I know I can shoot better than anyone on your list, Im trained.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:53:02 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You and I both know that there are too many morons here (In the US) for that to work...

and you being the ripe old age of 14 or 15 knows this exactly how?  there are enough intelligent people to negate the stupid ones if they are given an equal say.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:53:09 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Redneck Farmer
Local Drug Dealer
Neo-Nazi activist

um they can buy a MG now.

They go through an extensive background checks and - they have to be commited to filling paperwork out and going on a scavenger hunt.

Anything requiring this much effort usually turns away most people who aren't willing...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:54:27 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Redneck Farmer
Local Drug Dealer
Neo-Nazi activist

Whats any different than them owning a semi auto?  Most people cannot effectively utilize a full auto anyways, I would feel safer.  Besides, I know I can shoot better than anyone on your list, Im trained.

Think about the incident in Somolia...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:56:24 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

oh that one where the trained people using mostly semiautomatic fire had about a 200 to 1 kill ratio?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:57:22 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

and you being the ripe old age of 14 or 15 knows this exactly how?  there are enough intelligent people to negate the stupid ones if they are given an equal say.

And automatic weapons...

A genius with an RPG negates 5 idiots with MP5K's!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:00:00 PM EDT
[#39]
I say yes.

IMO, every firearm law/regulation/ordinance that's been put in place after the second amendment should be done away with.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:01:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:02:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Yes
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:03:41 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You really seem to know a lot about me just from reading rants on the internet!

Maybe you should come to down to meet me and the Georgia crew at an ARFCOM group shoot...

That is not true.

Take a look at some of the lunatics in the House and Senate.

I don't think this concept could work in America.

There are more ignorant individuals than intelligent ones.

You cannot have a system that governs itself when a large portion of your population is unable to revolve conflicts, think, and reason on an adult level...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:05:05 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Redneck Farmer
Local Drug Dealer
Neo-Nazi activist

Our guys could have used bolt actions and the results wouldn't have been that different...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:05:44 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Redneck Farmer
Local Drug Dealer
Neo-Nazi activist

Last I saw the United States wasn't full of Khat chewing, malaria infested people living off of $300 yearly income either.  This isn't Somalia, and there is no way you're going to mass 100,000 redneck farmers, local drug dealers, bi-polar highschool students, neo-nazi activists, and disgruntled post-office workers in one fight against a small group of decent, hard working Americans.  It would definitely be the other way around, sorry if this kills your fantasy.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:05:51 PM EDT
[#45]
you dont think the concept will work?  I do.  perhaps you would be better off living in a nanny state such as new jersy or california where unwashed idiots arent allowed to make any decisions
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:07:16 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

oh that one where the trained people using mostly semiautomatic fire had about a 200 to 1 kill ratio?

Those people were heavily armed and trained for combat...

An average unarmed citizen on the street isn't able to respond to a deadly threat with the effectiveness of a US soldier...

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:08:35 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

You cannot have a system that governs itself when a large portion of your population is unable to revolve conflicts, think, and reason on an adult level...

Ummm...nevermind...someone else can hit this one off the tee...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:09:56 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

An average unarmed citizen on the street isn't able to respond to a deadly threat with the effectiveness of a US soldier...

you dont shoot much in the way of three gun do you?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:09:57 PM EDT
[#49]
FA bans should be banned, for the children.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:10:01 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

An average unarmed citizen on the street isn't able to respond with the effectiveness of a US soldier...

IF this was a problem it wouldve been a problem before 1934, 1968, and 1986 when the various machine gun legislations were put into effect.  There never was a problem with full autos in the US, and never would be if these actions were repealed tomorrow.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top