BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:26:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I said no.  I know OP said he wasn't really looking for a debate, but I kinda want to get into it I was raised Catholic and decided a couple of years ago that belief in god was holding me back in a number of ways.  A few of my issues:

-Belief in god/heaven is the belief in being rewarded for your good behavior.  Because of this belief, nothing can truly be selfless.  Good should be done for the sake of being good, not belief in personal gain.
-Any god that damns/saves individuals based on how much they worship him rather than the content of their character is a god I wouldn't want to follow anyways.
-Belief in a higher power or "god's plan" is a cop-out to accepting reality.  Shit happens; if you don't like it then do something about it.  You should never be satisfied with a bad situation, and you should always be grateful to the tangible causes of success.  Don't thank god for healing your mom's cancer, thank the doctor that removed it.
-Lastly, there is no evidence that supports the existence of god, rather there is plenty of evidence of his absence.  Some may say that faith is an important part of religion, but I say bullshit.  Faith is a "feelz" approach to life's problems.  When faced with difficulties, your time would be better spent studying what has made our species so powerful: science and critical thinking.

The above is why I am an Atheist.  Some people may need god in their lives to maintain their morality, but I am not among them.  Scientifically speaking, there's a pretty good chance that when we die, we're dead.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Understanding that only helps me to value my time on this earth even more, understanding that I only have one shot at everything and that I need to make every moment count.
View Quote

Well, I'm afraid that as a Catholic you were truly misinformed about the faith and not given a good education in what the faith really believes.  I say that with deep regret because many Catholics leave because of failed catechesis.  

Selfless acts are always good and are part of free will.  You are not "rewarded" for you acts so much as they are part of your being.  It is not about personal gain or seeking a reward, it is about doing good for the sake of good.  Our faith should drive us to want to do good, but if your only reason for doing it is reward, then Christ himself taught that you will not gain from it.  

God does not judge us on how much we worship Him.  It is indeed the content of your character that God looks at.  

Yes shit happens, and yes it is up to us to do something about it,  that is EXACTLY what Christ taught.  He told US to feed the hungry, cloth the naked, visit the sick.  He told US to take care of things.  That does not mean the God cannot and does not intervene or that our faith is not helpful in pulling us through tough times, biut it is still up to us to take care of things, he in not some kind of nanny.  

Faith - wow. I could go on and on.  Faith is not a crutch or a feeling.  Science itself has clearly shown that people of faith heal faster, cover from surgery faster and do better in tough times.  That is not just a feeling issue, it is real.  Peoples lives (millions of people) have had their life changed by faith.  Their stories are real and the changes they see are real.  It is easy to say "bullshit" but the evidence against you is everywhere.  

Existence of God,  I want to know your proof that there is not a God.  I will happily provide proof there is.  

Science has loads of evidence that says when you die there is more.  As far as your needing religion or faith to be moral, no.  The Catholic Church does not even teach that.  Pope Francis has clearly said that this is false.  It is a shame you were not taught the faith better,  you might still be a believer.  Not your fault, the fault of those who failed to teach you.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:27:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I am a believer
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:27:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm just curious... for those that don't "believe" in God, do you believe life started from the "Big Bang" theory?
View Quote

I believe in the Big Bang, but life must have started much later. The process by which life started is, however, a mystery as we have no clue what it takes to create life.

There's no shame in admitting that we don't have all the answers yet.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:27:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm just curious... for those that don't "believe" in God, do you believe life started from the "Big Bang" theory?
View Quote

I don't know how life started. That's the only truth about that, none of us know, just some of us pretend to know.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:27:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:31:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Being a scientist trying to understand the millions of reactions that happen in our body on a daily basis in order for us to have life, I find it hard to believe this all happens by chance.

So yes, I believe in God.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:33:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Well, I'm afraid that as a Catholic you were truly misinformed about the faith and not given a good education in what the faith really believes.  I say that with deep regret because many Catholics leave because of failed catechesis.  

Selfless acts are always good and are part of free will.  You are not "rewarded" for you acts so much as they are part of your being.  It is not about personal gain or seeking a reward, it is about doing good for the sake of good.  Our faith should drive us to want to do good, but if your only reason for doing it is reward, then Christ himself taught that you will not gain from it.  

God does not judge us on how much we worship Him.  It is indeed the content of your character that God looks at.  

Yes shit happens, and yes it is up to us to do something about it,  that is EXACTLY what Christ taught.  He told US to feed the hungry, cloth the naked, visit the sick.  He told US to take care of things.  That does not mean the God cannot and does not intervene or that our faith is not helpful in pulling us through tough times, biut it is still up to us to take care of things, he in not some kind of nanny.  

Faith - wow. I could go on and on.  Faith is not a crutch or a feeling.  Science itself has clearly shown that people of faith heal faster, cover from surgery faster and do better in tough times.  That is not just a feeling issue, it is real.  Peoples lives (millions of people) have had their life changed by faith.  Their stories are real and the changes they see are real.  It is easy to say "bullshit" but the evidence against you is everywhere.  

Existence of God, I want to know your proof that there is not a God.  I will happily provide proof there is.  

Science has loads of evidence that says when you die there is more.  As far as your needing religion or faith to be moral, no.  The Catholic Church does not even teach that.  Pope Francis has clearly said that this is false.  It is a shame you were not taught the faith better,  you might still be a believer.  Not your fault, the fault of those who failed to teach you.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I said no.  I know OP said he wasn't really looking for a debate, but I kinda want to get into it I was raised Catholic and decided a couple of years ago that belief in god was holding me back in a number of ways.  A few of my issues:

-Belief in god/heaven is the belief in being rewarded for your good behavior.  Because of this belief, nothing can truly be selfless.  Good should be done for the sake of being good, not belief in personal gain.
-Any god that damns/saves individuals based on how much they worship him rather than the content of their character is a god I wouldn't want to follow anyways.
-Belief in a higher power or "god's plan" is a cop-out to accepting reality.  Shit happens; if you don't like it then do something about it.  You should never be satisfied with a bad situation, and you should always be grateful to the tangible causes of success.  Don't thank god for healing your mom's cancer, thank the doctor that removed it.
-Lastly, there is no evidence that supports the existence of god, rather there is plenty of evidence of his absence.  Some may say that faith is an important part of religion, but I say bullshit.  Faith is a "feelz" approach to life's problems.  When faced with difficulties, your time would be better spent studying what has made our species so powerful: science and critical thinking.

The above is why I am an Atheist.  Some people may need god in their lives to maintain their morality, but I am not among them.  Scientifically speaking, there's a pretty good chance that when we die, we're dead.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Understanding that only helps me to value my time on this earth even more, understanding that I only have one shot at everything and that I need to make every moment count.

Existence of God, I want to know your proof that there is not a God.  I will happily provide proof there is.  

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:35:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I said yes but i am agnostic at best.

the bible is a great way to give some young people a basic set of values kinda sorta but i think it's foolhardy to accept it all as absolute truth.

I can't even say for sure that i do believe a creator/god exists but there are many times where it is difficult to look at yourself and the world around you and believe it is all a coincidence.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:38:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh and just to throw this into the discussion...

I see many non believers blame all the wars and historical atrocities on religion. NOPE humans will always find a reason to war and kill each other (see story of family members killing over last piece of chicken)

If anything religion PREVENTED many bad things.

Just my opinion.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:41:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm with you. Any faith that I may or may not have... is not predicated on hedging my bets. An omnipotent being who could set in motion the infinite miracle that is the cosmos.... certainly isn't going to be fooled by any self-serving, calculated face that I happen to be wearing while being judged by him. Any pitiful attempts that I make trying to excuse my imperfection would just be pathetic. If he exists... then he knows me well and accepts me as I am (or doesn't).

Where's the poll option for "I cannot fathom the beauty of this infinite cosmos, without believing that there MUST be an order and plan to it all... but I don't KNOW jack squat"???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How does it go?

I'd rather a lifetime of being wrong than an eternity of being wrong...

So your faith is based purely on self interest.  I don't think it's supposed to work that way.

I'm with you. Any faith that I may or may not have... is not predicated on hedging my bets. An omnipotent being who could set in motion the infinite miracle that is the cosmos.... certainly isn't going to be fooled by any self-serving, calculated face that I happen to be wearing while being judged by him. Any pitiful attempts that I make trying to excuse my imperfection would just be pathetic. If he exists... then he knows me well and accepts me as I am (or doesn't).

Where's the poll option for "I cannot fathom the beauty of this infinite cosmos, without believing that there MUST be an order and plan to it all... but I don't KNOW jack squat"???

But if we're deciding our prospective higher being is the Christian God, with omniscience, infinite mercy, etc then how do we hold those things to be true if we have people who choose to live their life according to those teachings?

I think I said that kind of poorly. Using myself as an example I will say I was raised in a Catholic family, went to Catholic schools, and went to church every Sunday. I truthfully did try hard to believe. Prayed for enlightenment and revelation. Made a real sincere effort. But it just wasn't happening. I couldn't force myself to believe.

Now did I somehow choose to make myself unable to believe? That seems kind of circular. Or is my inability to believe somehow inherent in my makeup? Doubtless some of you would say I actually did not honestly attempt belief. But If I'm being honest and I actually cannot believe (at this stage in my life) then how could a infinitely merciful and omniscient God reject me if I tried to live according to what was laid out in the bible? Surely an omniscient creator would know my abilities and disabilities. And if he has intimate knowledge of how I was created and very purposely created me as I am, would it be fair to reject me for something he instilled?

In such a case as that, a logical choice would to be to live and behave as if the existence of a higher being is a truth and hope for the best.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:42:14 PM EDT
[#11]
False dichotomy.

You can be not religious, and still not be an atheist.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:42:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not looking for arguments for or against, just curious as to the makeup of ARFCOM
View Quote

Your poll conflates God with Jesus.

There are many different Gods, they aren't all Jesus.

Not believing in Jesus, does not make you an atheist. Not believing in a God, doesn't make you an atheist.

Atheists are a very specific thing...
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:44:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I see many non believers blame all the wars and historical atrocities on religion. NOPE humans will always find a reason to war and kill each other (see story of family members killing over last piece of chicken)

Just my opinion.

View Quote

Or is it the failure to "agree to disagree" that has started/fueled many wars? Even Christians wage war amongst each other.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:44:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I believe in God, but I don't antagonize anyone that don't. People have no respect anymore.
View Quote

I don't believe in God but I don't consider myself an atheist or agnostic but like you, I do not antagonize anyone for their differing beliefs.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:44:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Just my opinion.

View Quote

That doesn't really add anything. It may be contrary to your belief, but most non believers will readily admit that without religion wars and atrocities would still occur.

And then you would also have to present an argument why you think religion has kept such occurrences to a lower level than they would otherwise be at.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:46:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That doesn't really add anything. It may be contrary to your belief, but most non believers will readily admit that without religion wars and atrocities would still occur.

And then you would also have to present an argument why you think religion has kept such occurrences to a lower level than they would otherwise be at.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just my opinion.

This doesn't really prove anything, but it's still amusing.

Atheism/non-belief is at an all-time high.
Humanity is currently in its most peaceful period in its history.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:48:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Not looking for arguments for or against, just curious as to the makeup of ARFCOM
View Quote

Apathetic Agnostic  
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:48:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I don't believe in God but I don't consider myself an atheist or agnostic but like you, I do not antagonize anyone for their differing beliefs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I believe in God, but I don't antagonize anyone that don't. People have no respect anymore.

Most of us are like both of you. The 5% of either side make 90% of the noise most of the time. Evangelizing and yelling at church goers.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:07:49 PM EDT
[#19]
For those who don't believe in God, would you believe in Him if you died and at the entrance to the Heaven you don't believe in - He was standing there to greet you?  Or wouldn't that change your mind?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:08:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
For those who don't believe in God, would you believe in Him if you died and at the entrance to the Heaven you don't believe in - He was standing there to greet you?  Or wouldn't that change your mind?
View Quote

You mean if I had actual evidence of his existence?  Yes, I would believe that.  Until there's hard evidence, however, there's no compelling reason to believe.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:08:52 PM EDT
[#21]
yep...
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:10:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Of course it would. Why wouldn't it? All I've ever wanted was some damn good evidence, and that would certainly qualify.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:12:11 PM EDT
[#23]
No third option for people who are neither atheist or Christian?

I mean I'm sure people with other religions on here are in the minority but we do exist.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:12:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It's not. There are many who are neither Christian nor atheist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think that is an either or type thing you asked.

This. the poll is fucked.

I believe in the Gods, but not Jesus
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:14:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Of course it would. Why wouldn't it? All I've ever wanted was some damn good evidence, and that would certainly qualify.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wouldn't you question your sanity?--at least ponder your consciousness?

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:16:09 PM EDT
[#26]
why do these threads keep popping up in GD
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:16:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Ask a question and the people who the question don't apply to get all butthurt that they didn't get ask. Classic GD Butthurt!
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:26:23 PM EDT
[#28]
God/Jesus?

Meaning the choice is that you believe 1. Jesus is God, or 2. You're an atheist?

No other choice? What about Jews?

I'm gonna go with this thread being a troll job.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:27:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't imagine that I would, no. Maybe for a second or two? At some point (say...I dunno...a few years in), I'd have to accept it as my new reality, wouldn't I? If I really was crazy and none of this was real, would it matter?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:29:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
God/Jesus?

Meaning the choice is that you believe 1. Jesus is God, or 2. You're an atheist?

View Quote

It's not a troll job, it's just not well thought out.

He likely hasn't actually had long conversations with people who don't believe the same things he does, so nuance will be lost on him.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:33:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

But if we're deciding our prospective higher being is the Christian God, with omniscience, infinite mercy, etc then how do we hold those things to be true if we have people who choose to live their life according to those teachings?

I think I said that kind of poorly. Using myself as an example I will say I was raised in a Catholic family, went to Catholic schools, and went to church every Sunday. I truthfully did try hard to believe. Prayed for enlightenment and revelation. Made a real sincere effort. But it just wasn't happening. I couldn't force myself to believe.

Now did I somehow choose to make myself unable to believe? That seems kind of circular. Or is my inability to believe somehow inherent in my makeup? Doubtless some of you would say I actually did not honestly attempt belief. But If I'm being honest and I actually cannot believe (at this stage in my life) then how could a infinitely merciful and omniscient God reject me if I tried to live according to what was laid out in the bible? Surely an omniscient creator would know my abilities and disabilities. And if he has intimate knowledge of how I was created and very purposely created me as I am, would it be fair to reject me for something he instilled?

In such a case as that, a logical choice would to be to live and behave as if the existence of a higher being is a truth and hope for the best.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How does it go?

I'd rather a lifetime of being wrong than an eternity of being wrong...

So your faith is based purely on self interest.  I don't think it's supposed to work that way.

I don't disagree with your point. In fact, I live/believe similarly. But my "hedging my bets" sentiment was more aimed at those hedging their bets to avoid the punishment of an "angry god", and even moreso... those who hedge their bets simply to feel superior to their fellow man. I am who I am, and I believe what I believe sincerely. It's not to get-gain, and not to avoid being spanked. I yearn for the TRUTH (whatever that may be)... not dogma. Many people are heavily invested in dogma. The older that I get, the less interested I am in of choosing to believe something just because someone else has threatened me, or because it benefits me. All of that colors one's ability to see things as how they REALLY are. If you're heavily invested in a flat-earth, it's going to be hard to convince you that it's round. I'm just interested in what IS. Sure... I would like things to be as I wish them to be. But if they're not... then I'm chasing my own tail by choosing to believe that they are. I understand why people hold-on to dogma, tradition, folklore, etc. But those who arrogantly cast judgement from their thrones at either end of the science vs. religion spectrum just are very distasteful to me. Though our paths may differ... we're all on the same journey here.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:36:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think that is an either or type thing you asked.

What's so fucked with the poll? Looks very simple to me, do you believe in the Christian form of GOD & Jesus??? Soooo hard....
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:37:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Can't imagine that I would, no. Maybe for a second or two? At some point (say...I dunno...a few years in), I'd have to accept it as my new reality, wouldn't I? If I really was crazy and none of this was real, would it matter?
View Quote

I'm thinking the scenario is Here I am.  Believe now or go to [wherever else] immediately, never to return.  

I was going to type that an omnipotent god is going to know my heart and the moment I ponder my sanity or consciousness....poof!  ...But thinking that made me realize I think the key to the scenario is somehow knowing the body I occupied is deceased and thus whatever ponderence I'm having is in spirit.  ....And dammit my passion for test.....poof!
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:38:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

So Stalin, Hitler, Atilla, Genghis, Pol Pot, etc, etc were all deeply religious men? And Christ was a warmonger?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:39:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

He likely hasn't actually had long conversations with people who don't believe the same things he does, so nuance will be lost on him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
God/Jesus?

Sincerely Subnet, I applaud your objectivity and gentle methods of conveying your observations.  I should try harder to be nice.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:41:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

[snip]

View Quote

Que? The ones that reside on Mount Olympus? The rock band?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:42:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Whether you "believe" or not, this passage gets my attention:
Rev 3:15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other!

Rev 3:16 So, because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

It seems to imply that God is least pleased with a "lukewarm" Christian. I take this that even if one chooses not to believe now, there is hope that he still may be saved.
Eph 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--

Suggesting our works do not earn our way to Heaven. I believe that if we meet God (at the pearly gates, etc) and STILL refuse him, then we choose not to participate in the eternal salvation that he offered us and will be thrown into hell.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:43:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:46:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So Stalin, Hitler, Atilla, Genghis, Pol Pot, etc, etc were all deeply religious men? And Christ was a warmonger?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Congratulations on being able to construct English sentences.  When you read English sentences correctly, let me know.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:46:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Absolutely. Why wouldn't I? My lack of belief is largely based on lack of evidence. So strong evidence or proof would certainly cause me to change my mind.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:48:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well it's a basic question that has repeatedly popped up since Og first had a concept of others. SO it makes total sense that it comes up repeatedly in GD.

Though you knew that. You should probably turn me in for mansplaining now.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:48:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm thinking the scenario is Here I am.  Believe now or go to [wherever else] immediately, never to return.  

I was going to type that an omnipotent god is going to know my heart and the moment I ponder my sanity or consciousness....poof!  ...But thinking that made me realize I think the key to the scenario is somehow knowing the body I occupied is deceased and thus whatever ponderence I'm having is in spirit.  ....And dammit my passion for test.....poof!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For all I know, I'm actually sitting in a mental ward screaming at a wall right now, while annoying the shit out of the staff and the other patients.

But in my mind right now, I'm pretty convinced that I'm actually sitting in front of a computer in a sleepy little town in NE Ohio, having a pleasant conversation with some guy named injun-ear.

Does it matter if I'm actually wrong about that, and am really babbling incoherently in a padded room right now?

So anyway, to answer your question - yes. I would probably believe immediately if I found myself at the pearly gates, talking to God Almighty. I can't imagine why I wouldn't. As convincing evidence goes, that's about as good as it gets.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:50:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Congratulations on being able to construct English sentences.  When you read English sentences correctly, let me know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

See... the arrogance from an elitist lefty on full display right there.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:52:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Was Jesus a historical figure? Possibly

Was Jesus the son of God? No

Do I believe that some all powerful creator being snapped his/her/its finger and the universe was created? No

Who's to say which, or if any religion is right?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:53:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well did you deliberately misrepresent her statement or did you not understand it? Those are the only two options.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:53:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't call you an elitist lefty, but if that's how you self-identify then good luck to you.

Edit: Did you seriously not understand my post or are you just being an ass?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:54:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

But in my mind right now, I'm pretty convinced that I'm actually sitting in front of a computer in a sleepy little town in NE Ohio, having a pleasant conversation with some guy named injun-ear.

Does it matter if I'm actually wrong about that, and am really babbling incoherently in a padded room right now?

So anyway, to answer your question - yes. I would probably believe immediately if I found myself at the pearly gates, talking to God Almighty. I can't imagine why I wouldn't. As convincing evidence goes, that's about as good as it gets.
View Quote

I think that it would be GREAT if a creator and afterlife turned-out to be the truth. I would celebrate and rejoice for humankind. But like many here and elsewhere, I'm not going to just take someone elses' word for it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:54:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Well it's a basic question that has repeatedly popped up since Og first had a concept of others. SO it makes total sense that it comes up repeatedly in GD.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:55:22 PM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/MoAQjf7.gif

Anyone know how this woman became the face of triggering?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:56:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I wouldn't call you an elitist lefty, but if that's how you self-identify then good luck to you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Speaking of "ass"... your attempt to correlate lack of religion with peace on earth was pretty stinky.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top