BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:08:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Knew this was coming

It ties in with the DHS assessment of extremists

This has been done in other countries  ( Sweden, where a member of the Clergy was Jailed and Canada )

They want the Churches in this Country marginalized

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:08:45 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lord help the next white guy that beats up a gay black guy over anything... He will be punished "extra extra" special.

Nope...all the white guy has to do to beat a hate crime rap, is not use any antigay langauge while he's committing the crime.

So...someone should be punished for their speech?

yup....never was about equal rights...it's about silencing those who disagree with you.

THIS, is the truth!!

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:10:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
meh.....

It has been a while since I heard a preacher who was willing to preach against sin in general, much less call homosexuality a sin.

Pretty much a moot point.

Why fight for a right that no one will exercise?

My pastor preaches on sin pretty regularly.

Ditto...

Ours is not liked(putting it midly) at all in our area by the gay groups.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:11:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hopefully homosexuals realize only the term homosexual means homosexual. If I call a person gay or a fag that isn't exactly the same as homosexual

I make it a point to use the term homosexual when speaking about homosexuals.  I don't use 'PC terms' like gay or lesbians or LBGT or whatever crap that is.  Furthermore I don't 'dance around' what they do.  They engage in sodomy.

Those in the homosexual movement (and yes, you're kidding yourself if you don't think they have an agenda) like to get people used to the idea of homosexuality by using terms that are 'sugar coated'.   You don't have an "alternate lifestyle".....you are homosexual.

It's ironic how people get all bent over certain issues making Orwellian references that "some are more equal than others" but then turn around and want 'hate crime' laws.  

Crime is hate.  If I rob and beat someone it's a crime.....and it was hateful.  End of discussion.  The punishment that is on the books should be sufficiant.  It should not be enhanced just because someone was homosexual or black or whatever.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:12:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The whole notion of hate crimes is beyond stupid. Crimes are crimes. Murdering someone because they are gay/black/whatever leaves a victim that is just as dead as murdering somebody over their ATM withdrawal. It's still murder, and that's what the death penalty is for.

We should be eliminating "hate crime" legislation...not seeking to expand it.

Agreed.  "Hate crimes" are about making one group of people "more equal" than others.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:51:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Pro Homos can say what they want but Anti Homos cant, great.  Homosexuality is wrong and discusting, its a SIN.  Come get me Obama fine me and toss me in the big house.  Bunch of garbage.  Im a Christian, does that mean that if a homsexual says stuff against me than thats a hate crime?  Im heterosexual(I think I spelled it wrong) Im not attracted to dudes, if a pro homo speaks against that, will that be considered a hate crime?  
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:55:24 AM EDT
[#7]

I would like to know when they are going to pass a law that makes it a crime to fuck with The Bill of Rights......
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:56:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hopefully homosexuals realize only the term homosexual means homosexual. If I call a person gay or a fag that isn't exactly the same as homosexual

I make it a point to use the term homosexual when speaking about homosexuals.  I don't use 'PC terms' like gay or lesbians or LBGT or whatever crap that is.  Furthermore I don't 'dance around' what they do.  They engage in sodomy.

Those in the homosexual movement (and yes, you're kidding yourself if you don't think they have an agenda) like to get people used to the idea of homosexuality by using terms that are 'sugar coated'.   You don't have an "alternate lifestyle".....you are homosexual.

It's ironic how people get all bent over certain issues making Orwellian references that "some are more equal than others" but then turn around and want 'hate crime' laws.  

Crime is hate.  If I rob and beat someone it's a crime.....and it was hateful.  End of discussion.  The punishment that is on the books should be sufficiant.  It should not be enhanced just because someone was homosexual or black or whatever.

QFT!
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:57:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The whole notion of hate crimes is beyond stupid. Crimes are crimes. Murdering someone because they are gay/black/whatever leaves a victim that is just as dead as murdering somebody over their ATM withdrawal. It's still murder, and that's what the death penalty is for.

We should be eliminating "hate crime" legislation...not seeking to expand it.

Gentlemen!!!  This is the General Discussion Forum!  You can't use REASON in here!
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:59:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hello Westboro Baptist Church!

TRG

Nah, won't affect them one bit.

And if they ever were charged for under the law, the ACLU would be on it right away.

The ACLU has something for weird fringe groups.  If a large mainstream church did the same thing they'd be filing amicus briefs for the prosecution.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:59:29 AM EDT
[#11]

Agree 110%
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:59:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lord help the next white guy that beats up a gay black guy over anything... He will be punished "extra extra" special.

Nope...all the white guy has to do to beat a hate crime rap, is not use any antigay langauge while he's committing the crime.

yup....never was about equal rights...it's about silencing those who disagree with you.

THIS, is the truth!!

And once again your full of shit....please show the class where it says that ANYWHERE in the Federal hate crimes laws or any hate crime law in the US. Matter of fact ask Fred Phelps...becuase he takes his little road show to cities that have hate crime laws....and has never been even be charge with one.

So to make it easy to understand for some here.......if you don't go around assaulting or killing people you don't have anything to worry about.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:00:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Email forwarding?

Maybe this getting around will wake people up like the tea parties.

Maybe the Swine Flu was cover for this.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:02:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Murder is murder

Assault is assault

A is A

What's so confusing about this, and why do we need "special designations" for certain groups of people?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:04:17 AM EDT
[#15]
what about kids in school,do they go to jail if they call come one a fag?sorry gay
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:05:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Murder is murder

Assault is assault

A is A

What's so confusing about this, and why do we need "special designations" for certain groups of people?

Because if we're all aruging over what is is, then we're too busy to protect our flanks.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:05:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Murder is murder

Assault is assault

A is A

Because sometimes a society believes that some of it's members are fair game....if murder was always murder you wouldn't have hate crime laws.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:07:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
what about kids in school,do they go to jail if they call come one a fag?sorry gay

No.....but they will if they decide to beat them up.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:08:10 AM EDT
[#19]
People railing against the concept of "hate crime" without having any idea what the reasoning is behind the legislation is funny.

To address your concerns. If a group of dragqueens beats you down with their purses and stomps on you with their high heels and they call you "jesus freak" while doing it, yes, you can in fact press to have hate crime legislation used against them as "religion" is specifically included in the legislation.

Does anyone want to know the nature of what a "hate crime" entails and why it's more harshly punished or do you want to keep having an circle jerk thread?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:08:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
THOUGHT CRIME

+1
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:10:47 AM EDT
[#21]
So you're ok with certain groups of people having special rights for them?

So you, a plain white guy gets mugged; ticket and a fine for the perp.

Homo guy gets mugged; life in prision for perp.

Kinda sounds familiar.

Allah Akbar!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:18:32 AM EDT
[#22]
I read the bill since it's pretty short. It covers physical harm to these groups...not verbal. So Teh Ghey is still legal.

Whew!

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:21:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Murder is murder

Assault is assault

A is A

Because sometimes a society believes that some of it's members are fair game....if murder was always murder you wouldn't have hate crime laws.

Sorry, I'm waving it

You seem like a plenty cool sorta cat, and I could care less who someone prefers to knock boots with, but the notion that we need to codify protected groups based on various characteristics is completely contrary to what this country is founded on.

Case in point:  the two scumbags who murdered that Shepard (sp?) kid should have won themselves a dance with a noose, not because of who they attacked but because of what they did.  You can't seriously tell me that you could get out of a murder charge because the victim was gay, even without any special legislation
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:24:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Pass it for the children!

eta: you want to help? Visit Rev. Ted Pike Truthtellers
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:24:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This law can be construed to protect all alternative sexual preferences, including pedophilia, and necrophilia;  in fact the legislature voted down an amendment that would have excluded pedophiles from protection under the hate crimes bill.

Odd how that slippery slope some of us talk about seems to be coming to fruition.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:25:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Liberalism is Fascism.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:26:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
People railing against the concept of "hate crime" without having any idea what the reasoning is behind the legislation is funny.

To address your concerns. If a group of dragqueens beats you down with their purses and stomps on you with their high heels and they call you "jesus freak" while doing it, yes, you can in fact press to have hate crime legislation used against them as "religion" is specifically included in the legislation.

Does anyone want to know the nature of what a "hate crime" entails and why it's more harshly punished or do you want to keep having an circle jerk thread?

Hate crime laws would be fine if there were some guarantee they would be evenly enforced in all jurisdictions.

As we saw at the LDS Temple in LA during the post-Proposition 8 protests (say that fast three times) the police and prosecutors didn't pay much attention when gay rights activists vandalized the temple property.

But when a few polynesian Mormons got fed up and started busting heads suddenly everyone started yelling about hate crimes.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:27:27 AM EDT
[#28]
I want my country back

We need career politicians out.

They need to realize they're the VOICE of us, we are not there to serve them.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:27:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
http://thebulletin.us/articles/2009/04/29/top_stories/doc49f821e17fabe156442680.txt

Congress To Vote On Hate Crime Legislation

By JOE MURRAY, The Bulletin
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Congress is set to vote today on a controversial measure that would extend hate crime protections to gays and lesbians. Supporters of the bill claim the legislation is necessary to protect the rights of a vulnerable minority, while opponents charge the bill is a guided attempt to restrict religious liberties.

At issue is whether hate crimes, protection is necessary for gays and lesbians. Conservative activists fear the legislation could eventually be used to silence preachers who teach homosexuality is sinful from the pulpit.

And, even though the hate crimes bill before Congress has First Amendment protections to prevent the legislation from being used to infringe on religious liberties, conservatives are not comforted.

This is all you need.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:28:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Kinda sounds familiar.

Allah Akbar!!!!!

Actually it general works like this..

Your a gay____ and you get beat half to death by 4-5 guys that sat outside of a gay bar. And while you're telling your story to the police..they are making crude comments about fags and AIDS and so forth. Then when you press charges against the guys who beat up up...you get told that they are saying YOU tried to rape them and they where just defending themselves. Then you get to go to court ( if it goes to court) and have your sex life for the last 10 yrs laid out for the jury full of str8s.....Then if you get a conviction...and thats a big if the conervative judge gives your attackers a fine and many some probation.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:29:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Well...?

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:29:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://thebulletin.us/articles/2009/04/29/top_stories/doc49f821e17fabe156442680.txt

Congress is set to vote today on a controversial measure that would extend hate crime protections to gays and lesbians. Supporters of the bill claim the legislation is necessary to protect the rights of a vulnerable minority, while opponents charge the bill is a guided attempt to restrict religious liberties.

At issue is whether hate crimes, protection is necessary for gays and lesbians. Conservative activists fear the legislation could eventually be used to silence preachers who teach homosexuality is sinful from the pulpit.

And, even though the hate crimes bill before Congress has First Amendment protections to prevent the legislation from being used to infringe on religious liberties, conservatives are not comforted.

This is all you need.

http://www.pinkpistols.org/images/splash3.jpg

Considering a good majority of homosexuals are liberal, I think they're afraid of guns
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:30:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't seen the bill text but it sounds like it doesn't affect speech unless it's preceeded by your fist.

No fists involved here.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1517961/posts

"Unfortunately, this “remote” case – on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean – may directly impact you and your church – much sooner than you think!

The sermon was published in a local newspaper and very shortly thereafter Pastor Green was prosecuted under Sweden’s “hate crime” law for “causing offense” to the homosexual community. The prosecutor, Kjell Yngvesson, said: “One may have whatever religion one wishes, but this is an attack on all fronts against homosexuals. Collecting Bible citations on this topic as he does makes this hate speech..............

On June 29, 2004, Pastor Green was sentenced by a district court to one month’s imprisonment for his sermon. Soren Andersson, the president of the Swedish Federation for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Rights, said that Green’s jail sentence demonstrated that religious freedom could never be used as a reason to “offend people.”

A spokesperson for another national “gay and lesbian” association added: “Hatred and defamation is not to be accepted, just because it’s based on religious beliefs or religious scriptures. You have some limits when it comes to freedom of speech.”

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:30:46 AM EDT
[#34]
it will be interesting to see if they arrest muslim leaders that preach against fags

I'm sure they have no problem throwing everything at Christians
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:31:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hate crime laws would be fine if there were some guarantee they would be evenly enforced in all jurisdictions.

As we saw at the LDS Temple in LA during the post-Proposition 8 protests (say that fast three times) the police and prosecutors didn't pay much attention when gay rights activists vandalized the temple property.

But when a few polynesian Mormons got fed up and started busting heads suddenly everyone started yelling about hate crimes.

Exactly. Annatrocity is in denial of how hate crimes really work.  They are nothing but bully sticks for special interest groups.  Otherwise she should be demanding that the homosexual activists that were vandilizing the temple grounds be prosecuted for hate crimes.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:32:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is all you need.

http://www.pinkpistols.org/images/splash3.jpg

Yep....that's the only real solution for violent crime gay or str8.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:33:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not only won't affect religious liberties...it won't protect LGBT either.

Yep. The self-appointed spokesmen for the gay community are about as helpful to it as Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson are to blacks.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:33:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't seen the bill text but it sounds like it doesn't affect speech unless it's preceeded by your fist.

No fists involved here.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1517961/posts

"Unfortunately, this “remote” case – on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean – may directly impact you and your church – much sooner than you think!

The sermon was published in a local newspaper and very shortly thereafter Pastor Green was prosecuted under Sweden’s “hate crime” law for “causing offense” to the homosexual community. The prosecutor, Kjell Yngvesson, said: “One may have whatever religion one wishes, but this is an attack on all fronts against homosexuals. Collecting Bible citations on this topic as he does makes this hate speech..............

On June 29, 2004, Pastor Green was sentenced by a district court to one month’s imprisonment for his sermon. Soren Andersson, the president of the Swedish Federation for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Rights, said that Green’s jail sentence demonstrated that religious freedom could never be used as a reason to “offend people.”

A spokesperson for another national “gay and lesbian” association added: “Hatred and defamation is not to be accepted, just because it’s based on religious beliefs or religious scriptures. You have some limits when it comes to freedom of speech.”

That is scary... and it's coming...

Baby steps.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:33:37 AM EDT
[#39]
I love to bash gays
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:34:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
it will be interesting to see if they arrest muslim leaders that preach against fags

I'm sure they have no problem throwing everything at Christians

sad thing is, they are just tring to save thier souls from HELL, because sinners go to hell, and being gay is a sin.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:34:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Murder is murder

Assault is assault

A is A

On one hand I disagree with you...
on another... in a FAR more limited sense... I agree with the concept of a hate crime.

If the crime can be proven to be a crime directed not only at the victim but designed to inflict fear in the surrounding populace (imagine if the DC sniper had killed only homosexuals... or only whites... or only blacks in an effort to terrorize or intimidate a specific group of people)... THEN, it MIGHT be a hate crime.  

Calling someone names while kicking their ass is not a hate crime.  

Oh yeah... as it turns out, Matthew Shepherd was not killed because he was gay... in fact, his killers were bi-sexual....but, don't let that stop you from using his tragic death as a sounding board for propaganda...

Link
'All I Wanted to Do Was Beat Him Up and Rob Him'

Asked directly whether he targeted and attacked Shepard because he was gay, McKinney told Vargas, "No. I did not. ... I would say it wasn't a hate crime. All I wanted to do was beat him up and rob him."

But if the attackers were just trying to rob someone to get a drug fix, why did they beat Shepard so savagely?

Rerucha attributes McKinney's rage and his savage beating of Shepard to his drug abuse. "The methamphetamine just fueled to this point where there was no control. It was a horrible, horrible, horrible murder. It was a murder that was once again driven by drugs," Rerucha said.

Dr. Rick Rawson, a professor at UCLA who has studied the link between methamphetamine and violence, tells "20/20" the drug can trigger episodes of violent behavior.

"In the first weeks after you've stopped using it, the kinds of triggers that can set off an episode are completely unpredictable. It can be: you say a word with the wrong inflection, you touch someone on the shoulder. It's completely unpredictable as to what will set somebody off" Rawson said.

"If Aaron McKinney had not become involved with methamphetamine, Matthew Shepard would be alive today," Rerucha said.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:38:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kinda sounds familiar.

Allah Akbar!!!!!

Your a gay____ and you get beat half to death by 4-5 guys that sat outside of a gay bar. And while you're telling your story to the police..they are making crude comments about fags and AIDS and so forth. Then when you press charges against the guys who beat up up...you get told that they are saying YOU tried to rape them and they where just defending themselves. Then you get to go to court ( if it goes to court) and have your sex life for the last 10 yrs laid out for the jury full of str8s.....Then if you get a conviction...and thats a big if the conervative judge gives your attackers a fine and many some probation.

Nice stereotypes.  Sounds to me like you're bigoted against straight people.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:39:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Murder is murder

Assault is assault

A is A

on another... in a FAR more limited sense... I agree with the concept of a hate crime.

If the crime can be proven to be a crime directed not only at the victim but designed to inflict fear in the surrounding populace (imagine if the DC sniper had killed only homosexuals... or only whites... or only blacks in an effort to terrorize or intimidate a specific group of people)... THEN, it MIGHT be a hate crime.  

Oh yeah... as it turns out, Matthew Shepherd was not killed because he was gay... in fact, his killers were bi-sexual....but, don't let that stop you from using his tragic death as a sounding board for propaganda...

Link

Asked directly whether he targeted and attacked Shepard because he was gay, McKinney told Vargas, "No. I did not. ... I would say it wasn't a hate crime. All I wanted to do was beat him up and rob him."

But if the attackers were just trying to rob someone to get a drug fix, why did they beat Shepard so savagely?

Rerucha attributes McKinney's rage and his savage beating of Shepard to his drug abuse. "The methamphetamine just fueled to this point where there was no control. It was a horrible, horrible, horrible murder. It was a murder that was once again driven by drugs," Rerucha said.

Dr. Rick Rawson, a professor at UCLA who has studied the link between methamphetamine and violence, tells "20/20" the drug can trigger episodes of violent behavior.

"In the first weeks after you've stopped using it, the kinds of triggers that can set off an episode are completely unpredictable. It can be: you say a word with the wrong inflection, you touch someone on the shoulder. It's completely unpredictable as to what will set somebody off" Rawson said.

"If Aaron McKinney had not become involved with methamphetamine, Matthew Shepard would be alive today," Rerucha said.

Yeah right..... Aaron McKinney changes his story ..becuase he's trying to get parole.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:40:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kinda sounds familiar.

Allah Akbar!!!!!

Yup.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:40:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kinda sounds familiar.

Allah Akbar!!!!!

Nope.....just know how some of you are when it comes to gay anything.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:40:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kinda sounds familiar.

Allah Akbar!!!!!

And, it appears he is embarrassed by his sex life... Very confusing for someone who believes his sex life is acceptable.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:42:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
meh.....

It has been a while since I heard a preacher who was willing to preach against sin in general, much less call homosexuality a sin.

Pretty much a moot point.

Why fight for a right that no one will exercise?

Haven't been on a college campus in NC lately, have you?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:42:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Murder is murder

Assault is assault

A is A

Link

Yeah right..... Aaron McKinney changes his story ..becuase he's trying to get parole.

Read the article.  McKinney is bi-sexual (per the statements of witnesses/participants).  The media tried that case; the courts did not.  Don't let your agenda blind you.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:43:08 AM EDT
[#49]
IBTL.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:44:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kinda sounds familiar.

Allah Akbar!!!!!

Nope.....just know how some of you are when it comes to gay anything.

Would you like me to judge you by the behavior of the gays who vandilized several religious properties accross the country?  How about the terrorist letters sent by homosexual activists to temple and FreeMason mailrooms?  How about the homosexual activists who mapped out the names and homes of those who supported Prop 8 so the Prop 8 supporters could be found and persecuted?

That sword cuts both ways, SS.  You should reconsidering swinging it considering that you of all people have lectured against it in the past.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top