Link Posted: 12/12/2017 11:19:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I love this President.
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 11:28:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Or just some climate to begin with.

I suggest we send all the liberals there so they can make it the paradise they envision.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is it too soon to complain about Liberals screaming that we will cause "Climate Change" on the Moon and Mars?
Those places could use some climate change.
Or just some climate to begin with.

I suggest we send all the liberals there so they can make it the paradise they envision.
Excellent "Loons to the Moon".  Good place for them.

also:  MAGA, these programs are technology drivers.
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 11:30:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Man, if we could just double or triple the budget of our Space Program. We could have a base on Mars, in not much time.
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 11:30:32 AM EDT
[#4]
we, as a race, desperately need a new era of exploration and territorial expansion

throughout history, it's the only thing that has reliably driven human progress and staved off decadent stagnation
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 11:35:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Fuckin' hey! America! Fuck yeah!
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 11:36:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm glad you bring up the example of the U.S. rebelling against Britain because it only illustrates my point.

Who has been Britain's most valuable ally over the past century?  The U.S.

Why?  Language and culture.

How did that happen?  Because they colonized this land first.

Zooming further out, why is English spoken almost every where in the world whereas nobody gives a fuck about Swahili?  Empire.

So yeah, I'd be happy to sign up for the rise and fall of an America empire in space if only to leave our footprint in terms of language and culture.

"We are broke" is a bullshit cop out.  We are so rich that we pay people to stay home and farmers not to farm.  We have every ability to prioritize a grand strategic plan for exploration over a million other things if we choose to.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its a national security issue that spans generations.  The historical advantages if naval and air superiority will eventually pale in comparison to space superiority.

Whoever gets the first mover advantage in space in terms of a permanent manned presence will dictate the direction of our solar system for centuries to come.

Look at our own hemisphere. It is what it is because of those who blazed the trail 500 years ago.  Eastern cultures can't take that back and declare a redo in order to have another shot at it.  What's done is done.
Rome grew way too large, and got their dicks slapped.  Persia grew way too large, and got their dicks slapped.  Britain grew way too large, and got their dicks slapped.  We are already doing too much.  And all of those countries saw a quality of life drop compared to what they used to have.  Which country colonized successfully and permanently beyond having another group of people that spoke their language?  Mexico rebelled successfully against Spain.  The US vs Britain.  India vs the UK.  Etc, etc.

Why will we be better for it?

Are you ready to fight Mars when they have Gadsden flags flying?  Why the fuck would they keep the US around once they're self sufficient?

Strategically, I think it's more important for us to be a prosperous nation NOW.  How much money should we sink into trying to get to Mars when effectively we're doing the R&D for China to simply copy later?

We.  Are.  Broke.
I'm glad you bring up the example of the U.S. rebelling against Britain because it only illustrates my point.

Who has been Britain's most valuable ally over the past century?  The U.S.

Why?  Language and culture.

How did that happen?  Because they colonized this land first.

Zooming further out, why is English spoken almost every where in the world whereas nobody gives a fuck about Swahili?  Empire.

So yeah, I'd be happy to sign up for the rise and fall of an America empire in space if only to leave our footprint in terms of language and culture.

"We are broke" is a bullshit cop out.  We are so rich that we pay people to stay home and farmers not to farm.  We have every ability to prioritize a grand strategic plan for exploration over a million other things if we choose to.
Winning solves allot of problems, dare to dream, work for the win, MAGA
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top