Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:55:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Meanwhile in the news, the choco ration has been increased from 25 to 20 grammes!

And gas prices have decreased from $2.67 to $4.21.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:55:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
foxnews.com: nothing.  Header is GONE!

WTF???

The breaking news header is gone (not breaking news anymore), but the story is still on their website.  Look under Top Stories -> US & World.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:56:26 PM EDT
[#3]
In case anybody missed it:

Quoted:
All 84,000 fans were not allowed to leave the game until late in the 4th quarter, after another sweep of the building.

Had you been there, and wanted to use your own judgement about whether to leave the game...oh, well.  Remember, the government knows what's best for you.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:58:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
All 84,000 fans were not allowed to leave the game until late in the 4th quarter, after another sweep of the building.

Had you been there, and wanted to use your own judgement about whether to leave the game...oh, well.  Remember, the government is there to protect you.  

Damned if you do and damned if you don't there. It's just easier to sweep and clear when you don't have 84,000 people trying to trample you while you're looking for deadly devices.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:58:24 PM EDT
[#5]

The bomb?...it was THIS big!

Good, one more dead terrorist. Too bad they all can't just kill themselves without hurting others.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:58:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 What makes anyone think it was a suicide bomber?

...because we are at war...

Should we assume all fires and explosions are ROP attacks until proven otherwise?

I think we should wait until we hear more about the person killed before we start assuming we're under attack, but that's just me.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:59:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Had you been there, and wanted to use your own judgement about whether to leave the game...oh, well.  Remember, the government is there to protect you.  

Damned if you do and damned if you don't there. It's just easier to sweep and clear when you don't have 84,000 people trying to trample you while you're looking for deadly devices.

When in doubt, ERR ON THE SIDE OF FREEDOM!  
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:00:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Had you been there, and wanted to use your own judgement about whether to leave the game...oh, well.  Remember, the government knows what's best for you.  

I wonder how many false imprisonment claims come out of this?  If you're not going to let me leave a building, I'd better be under arrest.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:01:53 PM EDT
[#9]
2300 and nothing on FoxNews TV.

WOW...

You can't tell me they already know whether it was a terrorist or just a pissed off failing student.

So that tells me they are sweeping it under the rug.  The reason...I dunno.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:05:20 PM EDT
[#10]
OK who here didn't make explosive devices on college?  When I first saw the headline I thought "OOhhh... unlucky bastard!" because shit happens when you play with explosives. However, after reading that it was at a sporting event I'm not so sure.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:06:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
So that tells me they are sweeping it under the rug.  The reason...I dunno.

$
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:14:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Look this way please

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:14:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Where's Bagdad Bob when you need him.

Sorry folks, that was no bomb. In fact there wasn't even an explosion. "Bagdad Bob"
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:17:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

All 84,000 fans were not allowed to leave the game until late in the 4th quarter, after another sweep of the building. The bomb squad also swept the stadium before the game began and found no explosives at that time.

is it now standard procedure for sucj a sweep to occurr? or did they have reason to suspect something.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:20:22 PM EDT
[#15]
After a night of a few drinks, watching Purdue lose, and watching tome teenage titties on some whacked out IFC movie with my dad, there is nothing on Fox, MSNBC, CNN or CNN Headline news about this.

Like Tanknet.org, I trust ARFOCM for up to date news reporting.  WTF is going on.  Please help the alcohol impaired at this late hour.

Should I be loading mags?

WTF???
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:21:10 PM EDT
[#16]
heres another report from freerepublic.com

I just posted what happened as I was at the game so I might as well post what a girl at my son's fraternity said. She is Iranian (Persian) and she said two dark Middle Eastern types came running into the stadium and separated several minutes after the bomb went off. She said since she was Middle Eastern she felt safe in saying they fit the profile. She made a point of saying they were much darker skinned then the Iranian people and when she heard the bomb blast, she was convinced at the time it was a suicide bomb and these two were part of what was happening.

Word we are getting is that they were on their way to the stadium to make a statement by blowing it up there. My daughter and I walked the long way back to my son's fraternity house as they had closed off a large part of the campus and was behind someone (he was wearing a suit) on the phone and his wife was telling everyone around to get as far away from the stadium as possible. Freaky night!
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:23:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Casualties???

Edit:  Can we tack this thread please
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:24:08 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

WTF???

Read through the rest of this thread.

Why are your mags not already loaded?
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:24:33 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Casualties???

I think the idiot bomber is the only one so far.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:24:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Does this mean I can start taking my AR to work.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:25:18 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

All 84,000 fans were not allowed to leave the game until late in the 4th quarter, after another sweep of the building. The bomb squad also swept the stadium before the game began and found no explosives at that time.

is it now standard procedure for sucj a sweep to occurr? or did they have reason to suspect something.

Interesting.  Do any LEO's know if it is SOP to search for explosives before sporting events??
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:25:32 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Do a search for OK news.

NORMAN, Okla. -- An explosion rocked the OU campus outside Oklahoma Memorial Stadium during the second quarter of the Kansas State/Oklahoma football game.

A statement from President David Boren indicates the bomb was part of an individualized suicide.  Explosive experts brought in bomb dogs, that located a second device, which was later detonated by the bomb squad.   No one inside the stadium was injured.

All 84,000 fans were not allowed to leave the game until late in the 4th quarter, after another sweep of the building.  The bomb squad also swept the stadium before the game began and found no explosives at that time.  

Officials say the bomb detonated 100 yards west of the stadium near the George Lynn Cross Hall, Botany-Microbiology Building.  Preliminary reports indicate a pipe bomb may have been found inside a backpack, although those reports are not yet confirmed.  

The Oklahoma Highway Patrol, Norman Police, OU Police, and the State Homefront Security Team are investigating.  So far, the suicide bomber has not been identified.  No other suspects have yet been named.

So someone makes several explosive devices and brings them to a major college football game to commit suicide?

Well, sure. Isn't that how every one does it?  

Not that the timing - early in the FB season -  has ANYTHING to do with it  

Midterms haven't even happened, have they?  So much for the distressed college student crapola.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:25:33 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF???

Read through the rest of this thread.

Why are your mags not already loaded?

yes they all are already loaded, its just a expression
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:27:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting.  Do any LEO's know if it is SOP to search for explosives before sporting events??

My brother does it. Not before every single game, but randomly, and usually before big games.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:27:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

EXACTLY!!
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:28:33 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Does this mean I can start taking my AR to work.

No, you might hurt yourself or others.  Just dial 9-1-1.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:29:00 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
foxnews.com: nothing.  Header is GONE!

Drudgereport.com: nothing!

WTF???

Wouldnt want to panic the masses!
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:31:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Why is no network down there, making a mountain out of a molehill like they always do? I think this is a terrorist attack that went wrong.I think we all know it is a matter of time till they start getting on our busses and blowing them up.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:32:16 PM EDT
[#29]
24 hour news my fucking ass!!!  Why the hell do I pay for the news channels if they don't deliver?

See how much anxiety no news can bring you!

Nothing to see here comrade move along.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:32:33 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Why is no network down there, making a mountain out of a molehill like they always do? I think this is a terrorist attack that went wrong right.I think we all know it is a matter of time till they start getting on our busses and blowing them up.

Fixed if for you
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:34:33 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why is no network down there, making a mountain out of a molehill like they always do? I think this is a terrorist attack that went wrong right.I think we all know it is a matter of time till they start getting on our busses and blowing them up.

Fixed if for you

Thats what i meant to say
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:35:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Still nothing on the local news. I've heard a few helicopters flying around. It is odd that fox news took down the banner. They closed Bizzel library (the main campus library across the street from where the explosion occured) 2 weeks ago for a "suspicious package" but they never told us anything and it was never in the news. Maybe they have been holding back some information for some time.

-reporting from Norman, locked and loaded
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:36:59 PM EDT
[#33]
from CNN
Explosion outside college football game
Authorities: One killed, apparently a suicide

Saturday, October 1, 2005; Posted: 11:54 p.m. EDT (03:54 GMT)

NORMAN, Oklahoma (AP) -- One person was killed in an explosion near a packed football stadium at the University of Oklahoma on Saturday night in what authorities said appeared to be a suicide.

The blast, in a traffic circle about 100 yards from Oklahoma Memorial Stadium, could be heard by some in the crowd of 84,000, but university President David Boren said no one inside the stadium was ever in danger.

"We are apparently dealing with an individual suicide, which is under full investigation," Boren said in a statement. There was no information about the person who was killed, and no reports of any other injuries.

A police bomb squad detonated explosives found at the site of the blast. The area near the stadium was searched by bomb-sniffing dogs.

Jaclyn Hull, an OU freshman who left the game shortly before the explosion, said she saw "a little bit of smoke, about as much as you would see coming up from a grill."

Officers cordoned off an area west of the stadium after the explosion and nobody was allowed out of the stadium for about a half-hour after the blast, which occurred shortly before 8 p.m., about halftime of the Sooners' game against Kansas State. The game continued.

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:37:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Tag
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:37:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Fuck it, I'm off to bed.

Still...nothing on FoxNewsTV for the last hour.

Unfuckingbelievable.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:37:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:39:24 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Should we assume all fires and explosions are ROP attacks until proven otherwise?

I think we should wait until we hear more about the person killed before we start assuming we're under attack, but that's just me.

The answer you seek is YES.  

Actually, it's HELL YES!              

I'm not sure if you follow current events, but the old "Suicide Bomber" routine is one of the ROP's favorite pastimes.

Basic common sense dictates that we assume muslims are at fault until proven otherwise.

Sheesh, where have you been the last 10 years or so?  Under a rock?    
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:40:51 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Do a search for OK news.

The Oklahoma Highway Patrol, Norman Police, OU Police, and the State Homefront Security Team are investigating.  So far, the suicide bomber has not been identified.  No other suspects have yet been named.

Before I go adjusting my tinfoil, I had a thought--maybe it's been pulled while these agencies complete thier investigation, like so the operating cell doesn't know that the cops are 'on to them' so to speak.

Another poster mentioned the timing at the beginning of football season.  This is an execellent point, and not one I would have thought of, but the economic impact would be huge...I'm sure that NFL and college football games bring alot of cash to the cities hosting them.  I'm not sure this would be a good reason alone for pulling the story, however.

As for Drudge...well, he tends to report on what everyone else is reporting on.  He's had some scoops, sure...but if none of the news outlets has the scoop on their site, he can't link to it...he really isn't an investigative reporter.

And if I'm all wrong, I'm gonna grab some of the heavy-duty tin foil that's rated to block the newest Orbital Mind Control Laser Sats, and order about 50 mags from Bushmaster.

Wait...25 mags and spend the rest on ammo.  I always forget ammo isn't included
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:40:52 PM EDT
[#39]
This just doesn't add up
1. A suicide bomber
2. more explosives found in area
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:45:04 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
24 hour news my fucking ass!!!  Why the hell do I pay for the news channels if they don't deliver?

See how much anxiety no news can bring you!

Nothing to see here comrade move along.

This is why the internet is a good thing. ARFCOM is the only place I go to get my news. Generally faster and more accurate than any 24 hr news.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:46:09 PM EDT
[#41]
It coulda been like,

OOO lookie, a metal pineapple. I wonder what this ring is for.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:46:59 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
This just doesn't add up
1. A suicide bomber

worst case i would think would be thart he was on his way to outfit another bomber. i imagine two simultaneous explosions in a packed corridor, or in front of a crowded concession stand, could do some serious damage. not to mentio if the had the knowledge to find structural weaknesess in the stadium construction. a collapsing section of seating would send a pretty powerful message.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:47:28 PM EDT
[#43]
My daughter was working retail sales at a popular dress shop at one of the malls till this past Tuesday. She went to work in the morning and the place was locked up with an out of business sign on the door. Seems the Muslim owners decided to take a vacation to "Europe" for three months. No prior notice to any employees. Hope this isn't some kind of sign.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:47:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:48:48 PM EDT
[#45]
tag
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:49:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Anyone know of any arab boards that can be checked for activity?  How about Aljazira(SP?)
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:50:16 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
My daughter was working retail sales at a popular dress shop at one of the malls till this past Tuesday. She went to work in the morning and the place was locked up with an out of business sign on the door. Seems the Muslim owners decided to take a vacation to "Europe" for three months. No prior notice to any employees. Hope this isn't some kind of sign.

In what metropolitan area in Texas did that happen?
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:51:31 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Anyone know of any arab boards that can be checked for activity?  How about Aljazira(SP?)

I'm on it.
This don't make sense.
The news blackout, the extra bombs....might just be tangos.

Al Jazeera
They don't have anything about the OU bomb.
I'll keep an eye on it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:53:23 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This just doesn't add up
1. A suicide bomber

worst case i would think would be thart he was on his way to outfit another bomber. i imagine two simultaneous explosions in a packed corridor, or in front of a crowded concession stand, could do some serious damage. not to mentio if the had the knowledge to find structural weaknesess in the stadium construction. a collapsing section of seating would send a pretty powerful message.

sounds like it went off prematurely before he got to the target
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:53:23 PM EDT
[#50]
I bet this guy has something to do with it.

Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top