Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:05:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't have TV but my local News radio station (WSB) is completly ignoring it in their top of the hour news. Great job, cox broadcasting dumbasses.

Scott

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:05:58 PM EDT
[#2]
kxii here in southern oklahoma was live afte the game and the police reported the guy WAS strapped with explosives but his intentions are not none and the police are about to do a 3rd detonation of explosives found on scene
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:06:48 PM EDT
[#3]
local news website:

Explosive Device Kills One At University Of Oklahoma

POSTED: 9:28 pm CDT October 1, 2005
UPDATED: 9:57 pm CDT October 1, 2005

NORMAN, Okla. -- One person was killed in an explosion in a traffic circle about 100 yards from a packed football stadium at the University of Oklahoma on Saturday night.

Authorities were calling the death a suicide.

The loud noise of the explosion could be heard inside Oklahoma Memorial Stadium, where 84,000 people were watching the Oklahoma Sooners play Kansas State.

Officers cordoned off an area west of the stadium after the explosion and nobody was allowed out of the stadium immediately after the blast, which occurred shortly before 8 p.m., at about halftime of the game. People were allowed out of the stadium at about 8:30 p.m.

A police bomb squad detonated explosives found at the site of the blast.

The area near the stadium was searched by bomb dogs.

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:06:51 PM EDT
[#4]
The idea of multiple devices definitely seems to lend credence to the failed bomber theory.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:08:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
 What makes anyone think it was a suicide bomber?

...because we are at war...
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:09:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The idea of multiple devices definitely seems to lend credence to the failed bomber theory.

Damn.

Glad, if nothing else it was in the parking lot and only this dipshit got the full brunt.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:10:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Just got home from the game. Blast was audible over the band playing and I was on the opposite side of the stadium. I'm hearing one device was suicide, another was found and detonated by bomb squad. I didn't hear a second explosion so I cant confirm the second device.

I live only 1.5 blocks from the stadium so the AR is locked and loaded...

You need to get over to O'Connell's and commence to drinkin
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:10:04 PM EDT
[#8]
is this a news blackout?
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:12:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
is this a news blackout?

no shit...i'm barely seeing anything on this, and I'm checking a lot of channels and sources...
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:12:44 PM EDT
[#10]
fox tv just had small story, official line is SUICIDE (not suicide BOMBING)  and yes there was another device they found and destroyed.  Close to stadium but outside of security perimeter.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:13:13 PM EDT
[#11]
My wife was outside with the kids about 10 miles north when it happened..she swears she heard something but it might have been her mind playing tricks on her
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:16:15 PM EDT
[#12]

www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/nation/12794968.htm

Posted on Sat, Oct. 01, 2005

One killed in explosion near OU stadium

The Associated Press

NORMAN, Okla. - One person was killed in an explosion near a packed football stadium at the University of Oklahoma on Saturday night in what authorities said appeared to be a suicide.

The blast, in a traffic circle about 100 yards from Oklahoma Memorial Stadium, could be heard by some in the crowd of 84,000, but university President David Boren said no one inside the stadium was ever in danger.

"We are apparently dealing with an individual suicide, which is under full investigation," Boren said in a statement. There was no information about the person who was killed, and no reports of any other injuries.

A police bomb squad detonated explosives found at the site of the blast. The area near the stadium was searched by bomb-sniffing dogs.

Jaclyn Hull, an OU freshman who left the game shortly before the explosion, said she saw "a little bit of smoke, about as much as you would see coming up from a grill."

Officers cordoned off an area west of the stadium after the explosion and nobody was allowed out of the stadium for about a half-hour after the blast, which occurred shortly before 8 p.m., about halftime of the Sooners' game against Kansas State. The game continued.

Here's what I'm thinking - the second blast was when the bomb squad detonated explosive materials that did not detonate the first time.  Note in the article it says, "A police bomb squad detonated explosives found at the site of the blast."

Just taking a SWAG here...
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:18:01 PM EDT
[#13]
tag fo mo info
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:18:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:20:04 PM EDT
[#15]
so where is the news of this????
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:21:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
so where is the news of this????

This actually isnt news, whats news is rehashing the hurricanes, Natalie Holloway, blah blah, move along nothing to see here  I no longer have any faith in the media, none, zip, nada.  

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:23:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Tagged.  

I usually don't listen to the first reports from the news media.  They make up a lot of the story for sensationalism.  

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:23:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Is it too soon to say  ? " It's Bush's fault"
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:24:32 PM EDT
[#19]
tag
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:25:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Is it too soon to say  ? " It's Bush's fault"

or

IBTL
In before the looter
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:27:33 PM EDT
[#21]
taglinski
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:30:09 PM EDT
[#22]
I found out what happened!
Hadji was making his way through traffic to the stadium with his bomb.  TexRdnec drove by and just happened to throw a beer can out, and it hit Hadji in the head.  It stunned him, and his finger slipped off his dead man switch.

We have no one else to thank but TexRdnec.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:30:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:31:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Unfuckingbelievable.

The 2230 news just came on, and they're talking about the Bali bombs.

Nothing to see here; move along, move along.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:32:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Nothing on the news here.    

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:33:43 PM EDT
[#26]
foxnews.com: nothing.  Header is GONE!

Drudgereport.com: nothing!

WTF???
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:33:59 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Nothing on the news here.    

here either

did you hear britany spears had  a ...........

WTF?
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:34:42 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
from freerepublic.com

My wife just called from the stadium. She supervises one of the University sky boxes and said there was a tremendous blast and they wont let anyone have access to thier cars parked in the area of the bomb. It was apparently a suicide bomber who prematurely triggered the bomb. It was just before halftime with 80,000 people in the stands. My guess is an OU student frome a Muslim country. I am so angry I am shaking.
www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1495058/posts

That was my post and my wife probably wont be able to get her car tonight which was parked on the west side of the stadium where the bomb went off.  Dont forget that Jayna Davis documented the Muslim connection to the 1995 OKC bombing and that one of the 9/11 highjackers was in Norman at the same time as Nick Berg.  The enemy has made it thru the wire and lives among us.  Reporting from behind the lines.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:35:13 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
foxnews.com: nothing.  Header is GONE!

Drudgereport.com: nothing!

WTF???

This is getting interesting...
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:37:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Where is the video of the bomber exploding his bomb in the VW and it contains in the vehicle? We need that.

Hope this is not a trend coming on.

News blackout? Keep this thread alive - we'll need it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:38:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Where the fuck did I put my tinfoil...

I want to know where the hell this story went. It's not like the news for not even one little story-hungry guy to jump on this.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:41:48 PM EDT
[#32]
You Can't Handle The Truth!!
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:43:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Is this how the fuck it's gonna be?

Keep us in the dark while Hadji does his business?

Then sweep it under the rug?

I'm more than just a little irate...
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:43:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Do a search for OK news.

NORMAN, Okla. -- An explosion rocked the OU campus outside Oklahoma Memorial Stadium during the second quarter of the Kansas State/Oklahoma football game.

A statement from President David Boren indicates the bomb was part of an individualized suicide.  Explosive experts brought in bomb dogs, that located a second device, which was later detonated by the bomb squad.   No one inside the stadium was injured.

All 84,000 fans were not allowed to leave the game until late in the 4th quarter, after another sweep of the building.  The bomb squad also swept the stadium before the game began and found no explosives at that time.  

Officials say the bomb detonated 100 yards west of the stadium near the George Lynn Cross Hall, Botany-Microbiology Building.  Preliminary reports indicate a pipe bomb may have been found inside a backpack, although those reports are not yet confirmed.  

The Oklahoma Highway Patrol, Norman Police, OU Police, and the State Homefront Security Team are investigating.  So far, the suicide bomber has not been identified.  No other suspects have yet been named.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:43:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:44:26 PM EDT
[#36]
See if this one gets removed:

AP Item:

ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGBO6TZQAEE.html

Explosion Kills One - Apparently a Suicide - Outside U. of Okla. Football Game
Skip directly to the full story.
The Associated Press

Published: Oct 1, 2005

NORMAN, Okla. (AP) - One person was killed in an explosion near a packed football stadium at the University of Oklahoma on Saturday night in what authorities said appeared to be a suicide.

The blast, in a traffic circle about 100 yards from Oklahoma Memorial Stadium, could be heard by some in the crowd of 84,000, but university President David Boren said no one inside the stadium was ever in danger.

"We are apparently dealing with an individual suicide, which is under full investigation," Boren said in a statement. There was no information about the person who was killed, and no reports of any other injuries.

A police bomb squad detonated explosives found at the site of the blast. The area near the stadium was searched by bomb-sniffing dogs.

Jaclyn Hull, an OU freshman who left the game shortly before the explosion, said she saw "a little bit of smoke, about as much as you would see coming up from a grill."

Officers cordoned off an area west of the stadium after the explosion and nobody was allowed out of the stadium for about a half-hour after the blast, which occurred shortly before 8 p.m., about halftime of the Sooners' game against Kansas State. The game continued.

AP-ES-10-01-05 2308EDT
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:44:59 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Good thing you only get once chance to fuck up a suicide bombing....

Black humor is not bad thing at a time like this.  Hope no one was hurt other than the bomber.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:45:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Save some clicks.  Just Google News search:  Oklahoma.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:45:57 PM EDT
[#39]
I guess I will ask....do they know who it is and nationality?
I skimmed the thread but seen nothing.
CH
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:46:08 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
from freerepublic.com

My wife just called from the stadium. She supervises one of the University sky boxes and said there was a tremendous blast and they wont let anyone have access to thier cars parked in the area of the bomb. It was apparently a suicide bomber who prematurely triggered the bomb. It was just before halftime with 80,000 people in the stands. My guess is an OU student frome a Muslim country. I am so angry I am shaking.
www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1495058/posts

That was my post and my wife probably wont be able to get her car tonight which was parked on the west side of the stadium where the bomb went off.  Dont forget that Jayna Davis documented the Muslim connection to the 1995 OKC bombing and that one of the 9/11 highjackers was in Norman at the same time as Nick Berg.  The enemy has made it thru the wire and lives among us.  Reporting from behind the lines.

And if it turns out to NOT be a muslim terrorist attack, will you be here to admit you and she were wrong?

Anything is possible at this point in time.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:46:23 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm not the smartest guy on the planet but how does one commit suicide with TWO bombs.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:47:33 PM EDT
[#42]
They've already termed it a suicide...no shit.

My guess is that we won't know the real truth.  There's too much money in College Football, and if they were to let it out that it was a failed homicide bomber attempt, there'd be a ton of not-so-full stadiums in the country for the rest of the year, and it would then threaten NFL, NBA and NHL seasons.

It just seems too coincidental that it happens on a campus that has a stadium that holds 84,000 fans and is a televised night game.  Hope like hell I'm wrong, but my suspicions are on high-alert.

HH
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:47:57 PM EDT
[#43]
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9557879/

Here is the link for the msnbc story, their headline is the Bali bomb, this one is just a little link under "other news"
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:48:07 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Do a search for OK news.

NORMAN, Okla. -- An explosion rocked the OU campus outside Oklahoma Memorial Stadium during the second quarter of the Kansas State/Oklahoma football game.

A statement from President David Boren indicates the bomb was part of an individualized suicide.  Explosive experts brought in bomb dogs, that located a second device, which was later detonated by the bomb squad.   No one inside the stadium was injured.

All 84,000 fans were not allowed to leave the game until late in the 4th quarter, after another sweep of the building.  The bomb squad also swept the stadium before the game began and found no explosives at that time.  

Officials say the bomb detonated 100 yards west of the stadium near the George Lynn Cross Hall, Botany-Microbiology Building.  Preliminary reports indicate a pipe bomb may have been found inside a backpack, although those reports are not yet confirmed.  

The Oklahoma Highway Patrol, Norman Police, OU Police, and the State Homefront Security Team are investigating.  So far, the suicide bomber has not been identified.  No other suspects have yet been named.

So someone makes several explosive devices and brings them to a major college football game to commit suicide?
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:48:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Anybody know who won the game?
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:50:27 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Sooners kicked KSU's asses.

HH
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:50:36 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

OU
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:51:29 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
is this a news blackout?

no shit...i'm barely seeing anything on this, and I'm checking a lot of channels and sources...

+1
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:52:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:52:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Meanwhile in the news, the choco ration has been increased from 25 to 20 grammes!
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top