Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Previous Page
/ 23
Next Page
2/28/2018 11:04:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Quote History
Quoted:
That's a good looking stick!  What she weigh w/ the optic?
View Quote
Thank you sir!

I weighed it back when I first got it put together, and can't remember exactly off the top of my head now?

I'll check tonight when I get home and report back.
2/28/2018 9:42:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quote History
Quoted:
Thank you sir!

I weighed it back when I first got it put together, and can't remember exactly off the top of my head now?

I'll check tonight when I get home and report back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's a good looking stick!  What she weigh w/ the optic?
Thank you sir!

I weighed it back when I first got it put together, and can't remember exactly off the top of my head now?

I'll check tonight when I get home and report back.
7.8 lbs unloaded.

8.6 lbs as it was in the pic.
3/1/2018 12:56:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice.  Updated pricing in OP.  Ceretac should be back online tomorrow.
3/1/2018 5:09:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Sling attachment points:

Attached File
Attached File
Attached File


McMaster Carr

1 5/16 x 1/4 front pin
Rear pin:   1/4 x 1 3/16.    97245A242
9/16 split ring

5/64. 1". Roll pin

Actually spaced out the rear pin with some washers and the 1 1/16. 1/4"will work well in the rear

Pic of 1 1/6 rear:

Attached File
3/6/2018 11:19:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, fellas, there's a rush on.  Limit one lower @ Primary Arms for $40, our other $40 supplier is out of stock - as are our cheapest lowers.  If you're looking for a kit or just an upper, try PSA.
3/24/2018 8:34:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Finally built my cheap-AR. $346 shipped. I missed on a couple of sales. I could have hit $300 if I was paying attention and I was impatient.  I had to take fine sandpaper on a small square dowel to get the mags to drop free. Otherwise, no issues. The Aims Sport rail actually feels pretty solid.

Attached File

Attached File
3/24/2018 9:59:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Sweet!  Cheap AND light.  Put some lightweight irons on it & post it up in the Under 6 lb thread.  You'll make some fellas jealous.
3/25/2018 11:08:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quote History
Quoted:
Finally built my cheap-AR. $346 shipped. I missed on a couple of sales. I could have hit $300 if I was paying attention and I was impatient.  I had to take fine sandpaper on a small square dowel to get the mags to drop free. Otherwise, no issues. The Aims Sport rail actually feels pretty solid.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/200035/cav1-493036.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/200035/cav2-493037.JPG
View Quote
Where did you sand in the mag well, the front and rear, the sides, or all around?
3/25/2018 2:29:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quote History
Quoted:
Finally built my cheap-AR. $346 shipped. I missed on a couple of sales. I could have hit $300 if I was paying attention and I was impatient.  I had to take fine sandpaper on a small square dowel to get the mags to drop free. Otherwise, no issues. The Aims Sport rail actually feels pretty solid.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/200035/cav1-493036.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/200035/cav2-493037.JPG
View Quote
5.13lbs with a stainless barrel?

I'm impressed.
3/25/2018 2:56:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quote History
Quoted:  5.13lbs with a stainless barrel?

I'm impressed.
View Quote
Think it's 5 lbs 13.3 oz, but still impressive for the price.
3/25/2018 7:04:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quote History
Quoted:

Where did you sand in the mag well, the front and rear, the sides, or all around?
View Quote
See pic. It didn't take much.

Attached File
3/25/2018 7:17:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quote History
Quoted:
Finally built my cheap-AR. $346 shipped. I missed on a couple of sales. I could have hit $300 if I was paying attention and I was impatient.  I had to take fine sandpaper on a small square dowel to get the mags to drop free. Otherwise, no issues. The Aims Sport rail actually feels pretty solid.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/200035/cav1-493036.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/200035/cav2-493037.JPG
View Quote
Were the keymod slots properly milled on the backside?
3/25/2018 7:19:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quote History
Quoted:

See pic. It didn't take much.

Attached File
View Quote
Thanks for posting that.  I need to hit mine in those areas.
3/31/2018 3:33:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Want to go MLok and 7.62x39?
https://www.classicfirearms.com/bca-16-ar15-upper-762-39-parkerized-mlok
4/1/2018 12:45:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quote History
Quoted:
Want to go MLok and 7.62x39?
https://www.classicfirearms.com/bca-16-ar15-upper-762-39-parkerized-mlok
View Quote
$280?  Sweet!
4/1/2018 4:07:23 PM EDT
[#16]


Mine, except the lower didn't cost me no $20! I bought my GWACS new.

But the parts were all Free!

So it is under $300!
4/1/2018 4:31:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Looks good, man.  Might send that pic to GWACS, they're good folks.
4/7/2018 2:33:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Grand Master Miser thread:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Cheapest-AR15-Builds-How-much-did-it-cost-/4-726049/

Thinking one of y'all can win handily.  I can't, used gifted lowers & LPKs on hand for the kids' Christmas builds.
4/7/2018 3:28:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quote History
Quoted:
Grand Master Miser thread:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Cheapest-AR15-Builds-How-much-did-it-cost-/4-726049/

Thinking one of y'all can win handily.  I can't, used gifted lowers & LPKs on hand for the kids' Christmas builds.
View Quote
I saw that thread too.
I’m in the same boat.  
My barrel was free
4/7/2018 4:30:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quote History
Quoted:
I tore into it more last night and found what I think was the problem. Looking at the bolt, it took substantial prying to get the extractor to move at all. The pin that holds the extractor in place was rough and needed a pretty good rap with a punch / mallet to get it out and back in. The inside edges of the recess in the bolt where the extractor sits were also a bit rough, and the holes for the pin seemed out of spec. A little polishing of things and the extractor now moves freely with a gentile pry of a screwdriver and the pin can be pushed in or out with finger pressure.

I won't have a chance to shoot it again for a while to know for sure, but with the extractor being stuck / stiff I can see it failing to fully seat, and if it did slam home hard enough to seat, leaving the extractor stuck "open", thus leaving the case in the chamber. Overall I am happy with the Bear Creek upper and realize little things like this can squeak by, wonder how often it happens with them? I got one of their Veterans Day barrels and it came in a cardboard tube. The muzzle end had managed to punch through during shipping and the edge was beat to hell. I will have to chase the threads when the time comes to build that out.
View Quote
Just a follow up on this. I took this rifle out again Thursday and it ran like a top. Put a few hundred rounds through it of various manufacture, and some reloads and had zero issues. Looks like my w.a.g. on the extractor pin issue was correct.
4/10/2018 10:40:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Primary Arms and Ceratac are back in stock.  Build your $300 ARs while you can!

Updated OP.
4/11/2018 7:44:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quote History
Quoted:
Primary Arms and Ceratac are back in stock.  Build your $300 ARs while you can!

Updated OP.
View Quote
Annd - the Ceratac kits are gone.  Posted a link in the OP to $340 PSA kits.  This morning it's $390 kits.
4/11/2018 12:25:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quote History
I'm curious about why picked these pins?
4/11/2018 12:48:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Anyone know a good place to get GWACs lowers?
4/11/2018 1:25:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quote History
Quoted: Anyone know a good place to get GWACs lowers?
View Quote
GWACS.  Unfortunately, they've sold out of blems, and the only two colors in stripped lowers right now are zombie green & pink.  You can get a black one if you buy a complete lower w/ parts kit installed.

Either they're about to do another run of lowers, or (I'm hoping) this means the long-awaited Mk 3 is about to be introduced, hopefully @ a much lower (competitive) price.
4/23/2018 2:00:44 PM EDT
[#26]
$219.99 complete uppers again

https://www.classicfirearms.com/bearcreekarsenalupperar15assbly?utm_campaign=2018-4-23_Bear-Creek-Push+%28P4qnWm%29&utm_medium=email&_ke=MWNhcnBlbnRlcjU0QGdtYWlsLmNvbQ%3D%3D&utm_source=All+Email+Subscribers+%28Excluding+Suppressed+%26+Weekly%2FMonthly%29+Segment
4/23/2018 2:37:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Thanks.  Updated OP, and discovered that Ceretac has their $250 kits back in stock.  $300 AR, just like that.

https://www.ceratac.com/Carbine-Classic-Kit-80-p/kit-556-c-ck-u-blk.htm
5/1/2018 10:00:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Well, this morning they were out, so it was $350 ARs - this evening Ceratac is back in stock, $300 ARs.
5/5/2018 11:56:25 AM EDT
[#29]
PSA had a $299 kit posted this morning. Everything less the lower so you'd end up with a left over receiver extension/stock/grip/trigger guard
5/5/2018 11:58:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Quote History
Quoted:
PSA had a $299 kit posted this morning. Everything less the lower so you'd end up with a left over receiver extension/stock/grip/trigger guard
View Quote
Link:
http://palmettostatearmory.com/blem-psa-freedom-16-5-56-nato-1-7-mid-length-phoshate-odg-freedom-rifle-kit-516444975b.html
5/6/2018 11:12:07 AM EDT
[#31]
$35 lower from Primary Arms bump.  Updated OP.
5/6/2018 11:24:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Truth be told, if you want a poverty pony fully assembled AR15 with a solid name for peasants. I would buy this for $385.

Not a bad option if you don't want to build or can't.
5/6/2018 10:56:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Everybody who was anybody was @ the NRA show, including the Stark fellas, who acknowledged it was the Grip of Shame.

Since Primary Arms took this from a $300 thread to a $285 thread @ midnight this morning, I went back to their booth and showed them this thread.  And now I've found their industry page!  https://www.ar15.com/forums/Industry/Primary-Arms/325/

@PA_Marc
@PA_Mike
@PA_Will

You've been at the top of the OP for some time, and I look forward to you staying there.  Thanks for keeping prices so low.  If your lad wants to beta test the 1911 grips, shoot me an email.
5/8/2018 1:21:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Well, AIM now tops the list w/ $40 triggerguard Poverty Ponies.  OP updated.
5/8/2018 2:02:53 PM EDT
[#35]
GREAT Thread...

I don't really "Need" more ARs at this point, but then again, when a deal is a DEAL! ...

O.S.T.

BIGGER_HAMMER
5/11/2018 11:16:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Bump.  Primary Arms has standard Poverty Ponies for $40, no triggerguard.
5/11/2018 2:48:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Bump for new entrant - Runner Runner guns in D/FW.  $40 American Pride lower, capture screw for rear takedown detent spring, upper tensioning screw.

https://www.runnerrunnerguns.com/product_p/ffl-ap-f-g2.htm
5/13/2018 10:44:17 PM EDT
[#38]
It's an odd, odd world when LPKs are more expensive than the lowers:

http://www.tnarmsco.com/tn-arms-ar15-lower-part-kit/

$48 before shipping.

Think I'm gunna start tracking inexpensive LPKs in this thread, b/c some of us have lowers running out our ears, and plenty of uppers, but not enough LPKs.  I just got a CMMG LPK @ the NRA show for $50, and thought that was a good deal.
5/16/2018 3:52:44 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm working to complete one of my $5 lowers. So far I have stippled the grip, cut 2" off the stock and installed all the lower parts. Today I installed a 1/2" packmayr pad by drilling 2, 1/4" holes in the back of the pad and installing 1/4" aluminium rod with epoxy. The rods went in between the honey comb inside the stock and the pad was then secured in place with epoxy. I forgot to get pictures of the rods before I installed everything but here is pictures while it's curing. Attached File
Attached File


I have a lot of grinding to do after it completely cures.
5/16/2018 5:41:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Attached File
Good enough for a first try.
5/16/2018 7:10:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Looks good, man.
5/16/2018 7:16:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quote History
Quoted:
Looks good, man.
View Quote
Thanks.
5/18/2018 9:32:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Friday night pre-gunshow bump.
5/19/2018 6:43:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Could someone detail the mod or technique used to allow the safety to be easily removed from a GWAC / Cav Arms type lower?  

Thanks in advance.
5/19/2018 7:47:10 PM EDT
[#45]
It's not easy, and it can damage the lower.

Turn the safety to 45 degrees btwn Safe and Fire.

Tap it with a mallet or hammer gently.  If you can put a block of wood or something below the safety in order to keep the safety detent channel from being ruptured, all the better.

Worst come to worst and you rupture the safety detent channel, send it off to GWACS & they'll warranty it for $35.  Might have to wait a bit, looks like they've not made another run of lowers yet.
5/23/2018 11:35:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Ceratac raised their price by $10, so build price has creeped up to $300.  Still a deal.

Updated OP.
6/21/2018 9:39:41 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm a little late to the party. I finally made it by my Smith's place and he told me he was sick of tripping over my junk. He made me take a couple home.

Attached File


Thanks Backbencher
6/21/2018 9:45:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Hurrah!  Moar lightweight builds!
6/21/2018 9:52:39 PM EDT
[#49]
With the blem complete uppers from PSA for 199 shipped I'm sure you can squeeze out a sub $300
7/1/2018 11:53:43 AM EDT
[#50]
$38 lowers @ RunnerRunner, in stock.  Link in OP.

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 23
Next Page