Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2018 12:33:06 AM EDT
Looking to pick one up as I sold my Glock but still have a bunch of ammo for it. They're deemed non-restricted up here so can shoot them wherever. Having AR15 ergos is appealing as I tried a KelTec Sub2000 and couldn't warm up to it.

Wondering what reliability is like from guys who don't have to use neutered mags.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 12:37:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine jammed after the first shot with a round in the chamber. I literally had to disassemble it, barrel included, after bending the charging handle, just to clear and safe it.

Their customer service was outstanding though. It's still the only gun I've had that I only fired one round out of before selling it. I've had a bunch with no rounds out, and a bunch with a bunch out, but only one with only one.

That's probably not a record they want to hold.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 8:41:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a .45 JRC for a few years, it had the heavier buffer so I think that would be a gen II, but didn't have the quick release buffer tube.

Mine had feeding issues the whole time I had it, and I did the spring mod and upgraded all my Glock mags to JRC springs which helped. But never ran 100%. When it misfed it brought the round up too high and jammed the bullet against the top edge of the chamber. I filed that down but it didn't stop.

Accuracy was great, but I got rid of mine, and while the modified Glock mags ran fine in my Glock pistol it was a lot of time & money.

I sold mine for a TNW ASR 10mm carbine. it's not as well built as the JRC but has never misfed with stock unmodified Glock mags, and accuracy is as good. A lot lighter & slimmer too. If we're talking 9mm, I'd build an AR first. I've never had any malfunctions with either my Colt SMG pattern 9mm AR or Glock mag lower.

For what a JRC goes for these days, I think a Scorpion Evo is a better deal, more accurate and they work. My braced Evo pistol is one of the most accurate PCCs I own. Lots of aftermarket too.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 8:50:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I liked mine, fired probably 500+ rounds suppressed and unsuppressed without issue. Even added a Law Tactical folding stock and some other mods (pictures here). Ultimately sold it to a buddy because he liked it more than I did. Really, my only issue was that I felt it was too heavy (maybe because of all my mods) for a 9mm carbine.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 8:54:39 AM EDT
[#4]
i loved mine, but now it will not cycle, and I cannot get it to load.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 11:38:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like you have to be willing to put a bit of effort into making one reliable. I'd go the AR route but don't want another gun that can only go to the range/ is registered/ etc (as all AR15s and derivatives must be in Canada).
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 9:36:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I had one for awhile but sold it due to reliability issues and built a 9mm ar which I have zero issues with.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 9:24:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Wow, I've had zero issues with mine for several hundred rounds + 100 suppressed.

I guess I need to take her out for a spin!

Owners with issues, did you contact the mfg about it?
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 9:48:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I've had mine for a couple years.  Runs flawlessly, but it's just damn heavy for a 9mm.  I gave it to my son (but it's still in my safe), and prefer the lighter "pistol" versions like CZ, ATI, and MPX.

ROCK6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top