Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2021 5:17:12 PM EDT
Looking at different belts online some come in 1-3/4 inch and some come in 2 inch wide. I see Amazon has a 2 inch wide Uncle Mike's duty belt for $40.00

What holsters are you using for your Glock handguns and what type of items are you using to attach your gear to your battle belts?

This is all new to me and I'm starting from scratch. I would like to have a handgun holster for a Glock 19 or Glock 20, mag pouches for them, a couple AR-15 mag and an ESEE knife and first aid kit.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 7:38:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Wut?
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 12:48:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wut?
View Quote

I just reposted it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 2:24:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't buy cheap Chinese gear. For about 30 bucks more, you can get and AWS belt. Made in the US and will last you for years.

For pouches, I have both Gcode and Esstac. Both are good, reasonably priced and again, made in the US and will last.

Holsters are a personal preference. I have several, Safriland is considered the best, Gcode Trex Arms and BladeTech are good as well. I like my Bladetech, but had to adjust my grip after my draw every time. I just got a Safriland and it seems to work well, I just need more time with it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 8:47:36 AM EDT
[#4]
ESSTAC with some ESSTAC on it.

I have become a fan boy of theirs. Disclaimer: I have limited experience with other brands (i.e I am not made of money to try every 200 dollar belt)

I now run an Esstac belt with Esstac Kywis (typically a 2+1 pouch). I am trying out their med kit bag.

As far as holsters I just went with T-Rex arms. I safariland may happen just for a locking holster, but tension lock is good enough for me in life right now. I do use the safariland QLS system with a UBL mid ride. (if that is the right letters for the acronym)

Like I said, I am an Esstac fan boy, but there is stuff that I would love to try in the future. The bison belt from ferro looks interesting.

And lastly, like a gentleman above me said: DO NOT cheap out. This Esstac belt is by far better than anything I had when I served in the military. If you are at 50 bucks for a belt already, throw some extra cheese into your budget and get better quality. You may hate hitting the proceed to checkout button, but when you get your package, you will not regret anything for a quality product. Not to mention Esstac no shit has the best customer service I have ever dealt with. Even got a hand written note from the whole shop one time with an order thanking me for some of the humor in my emails with them and for being a good guy. Couldn't believe it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 8:00:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Medkit = Blue force gear micro NOW

All Mag pouches = esstac

Holster = Safariland (everything else is a knockoff or garbage)

Belt = AWS if you like there’s a ton. I like safelife belts personally.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 8:05:53 AM EDT
[#6]
HSGI battle belt, Esstac pouches
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 9:33:51 AM EDT
[#7]
For the belt, AWS is pretty awesome for the price.  They are made in the US, relatively inexpensive, and very similar to Ronin belts.  I have an AWS and a Blue Alpha.  Blue Alpha is awesome but has a pretty decent lead time usually.

AWS LAB Belt

For pouches, Esstac and HSGI are what I use.  You will notice those pouches don't just MOLLE on, and there are a bunch of ways to attach them.  The best way I have found is to use Velcro One Wrap.  Here is a good tutorial written by a member here - scroll down until you see username "JSchell1309"

Pouch attachment tutorial

For a G19 holster the TRex arms Ragnarok is a decent one, if you have a WML there are options there and it interfaces with the Safariland QLS.  Safariland makes a great holster (especially if you require more retention options) but have fun navigating their site

Here are one of my belts - the pouch in front is a Ferro mini dangler.  Hard to come by but good for IFAKs or tossing loose ammo and a speed loader in if you are at a course.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 9:36:21 AM EDT
[#8]
OP, check this thread out.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 12:36:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have become a fan boy of theirs. Disclaimer: I have limited experience with other brands (i.e I am not made of money to try every 200 dollar belt)
View Quote

Well, I have and you're not wrong.  ESSTAC is solid.  I'm really like my Blue Alpha, but I can also say HSGI, Ronintactics, and First Spear are good as well.  

While I have a bunch of HSGI pouches, for mag pouches the best (and most available BTW) is ESSTAC.  For open top and excellent retention in a "slick" configuration, that's the my top choice.

Holster?  Just suck it up and invest in some Safariland platforms.  Trust me.  I've spent enough on holsters to buy a SCAR and it really comes down to Safariland.  Even custom holsters can be fitted with their QLS system and pistols can be swapped out.  

I'm playing with One-Wrap for attachments and so far so good.  No real tests in wet/muddy environment for training yet, but that will likely be the big test and my only concerns.  What I do like is how svelte they make the belt and while MALICE clips and that variety are very secure they stick down about an inch or more and if you do anything more dynamic than standing to shoot, they will eventually dig into you.

The combo I like is the battle belt with inner belt (best is Blue Alpha, EMDOM has a good one, or Spear's inner belt).  Depending on the Velcro backing of your belt, I also like HSGI's inexpensive, padded liner if you just want to toss the belt on over your boxer shorts.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 1:23:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Esstac belt, Esstac kywis, safariland holster

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 2:02:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Looking at different belts online some come in 1-3/4 inch and some come in 2 inch wide. I see Amazon has a 2 inch wide Uncle Mike's duty belt for $40.00

What holsters are you using for your Glock handguns and what type of items are you using to attach your gear to your battle belts?

This is all new to me and I'm starting from scratch. I would like to have a handgun holster for a Glock 19 or Glock 20, mag pouches for them, a couple AR-15 mag and an ESEE knife and first aid kit.
View Quote

I'll get some pictures later, but I'm running an AXL Eclipse. I've got an Esstac KYWI 5.56 pouch and a double-pistol-gap 9mm pouch, an LBT 9022B for the IFAK, an EGL dump pouch (although I want to try out the Direct Action Gear one), and a Safariland 6390RDS on a mid-ride CUBL and QLS plate to get the cant zero'd out without having to buy an NCPv2. I've got a 32" waist, so I don't really have room for more stuff, and I don't see a huge reason to have more than one rifle and two pistol mags on the belt -- I use them pretty exclusively for emergency reloads and go to my chest rig or carrier or whatever for less time sensitive reloads. Plus, for the shooting competitions I do, you're not going to drop more than at most 30 rounds a stage.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 2:09:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Blue Alpha Gear belt
Trex-arms holster
Esstac kywi mag pouches
Blue force gear micro trauma kit now
BFG TQ holder

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/10/2021 3:53:57 PM EDT
[#13]
AWS Belt = the Glock of war belts

Blue Alpha seems to be fantastic as well but I liked the fact that AWS was significantly more affordable with less wait time.

Kywi mag pouches and Safariland holsters are the new hotness and with good reason. I went with those and have zero complaints other than the fact that Optics Planet doesn’t know how to ship the proper Safariland model.

I picked up a $7-10 LBX med pouch on eBay (sister brand of LBT) and it’s been flawless. I don’t see a reason to go crazy and spend $50-80 on a med pouch.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 5:24:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Well, I have and you're not wrong.  ESSTAC is solid.  I'm really like my Blue Alpha, but I can also say HSGI, Ronintactics, and First Spear are good as well.  

While I have a bunch of HSGI pouches, for mag pouches the best (and most available BTW) is ESSTAC.  For open top and excellent retention in a "slick" configuration, that's the my top choice.

Holster?  Just suck it up and invest in some Safariland platforms.  Trust me.  I've spent enough on holsters to buy a SCAR and it really comes down to Safariland.  Even custom holsters can be fitted with their QLS system and pistols can be swapped out.  

I'm playing with One-Wrap for attachments and so far so good.  No real tests in wet/muddy environment for training yet, but that will likely be the big test and my only concerns.  What I do like is how svelte they make the belt and while MALICE clips and that variety are very secure they stick down about an inch or more and if you do anything more dynamic than standing to shoot, they will eventually dig into you.

The combo I like is the battle belt with inner belt (best is Blue Alpha, EMDOM has a good one, or Spear's inner belt).  Depending on the Velcro backing of your belt, I also like HSGI's inexpensive, padded liner if you just want to toss the belt on over your boxer shorts.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/v440/ROCK-6/20210313_130406.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/v440/ROCK-6/20210313_130344.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/v440/ROCK-6/Battle_Belts.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds
https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/v440/ROCK-6/Tactical%20Gear/.highres/20180406_061858_zps2n6lmmbk.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

ROCK6
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/v440/ROCK-6/20210313_130406.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/v440/ROCK-6/20210313_130344.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/v440/ROCK-6/Battle_Belts.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds
https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/v440/ROCK-6/Tactical%20Gear/.highres/20180406_061858_zps2n6lmmbk.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

ROCK6

Holy cow do have a slight addiction to battle belts?
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 5:27:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
OP, check this thread out.
View Quote

Great thread and link thank you for sharing!
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 10:34:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Cobra buckle
Esstac pouches
Safariland or the new Blackhawk TL holsters.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 7:40:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Holy cow do have a slight addiction to battle belts?
View Quote

Every fighting rifle/PCC and pistol need their own battle belt...it's for the children

ROCK6
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 11:14:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Esstac for my inner/outer belt, HSGI Suregrip for my MOLLE belt with suspenders.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 5:06:26 PM EDT
[#19]
I have two: First Spear inner/Tyr sleeve was my first, now my backup, and Eagle Industries outer/inner/HSGI belt pad is what I currently use, with the belt pad being used during cold weather. I'm finding myself leaning more and more towards getting another Eagle setup and using it for duty when I go back to being issued an M18 at some point.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 5:18:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Without reading other replies...

Esstac Shooters belt and kywi mag pouches.  It's a 1.75" belt, so get 1.75" kywi belt attachments.  Do not - say again - do not - get Uncle Mike's anything.  That name is pretty much synonymous with inferior quality and is in and of itself a joke.  As far as holster for a Glock, stay away from serpa holsters, but any holster worn visible/owb MUST have a retention device.  This is a major fault I see with a lot of "battle belt" setups.  I highly recommend safariland als holsters.  Ensure you know how to use the med kit first, but it needs to have one or two north American rescue CAT tourniquets, chest seals, gauze, maybe some tape, med gloves, maybe some shears if you won't have a bigger kit handy.  Can't go wrong with dark angel, north American rescue, blue force gear, etc.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 6:09:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Got around to digging out a picture of my Axl belt, I posted what exactly is on it a little way up the thread.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 1:16:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

ROCK6
View Quote

Re: OneWrap in all conditions - I just got home from an exercise and was wearing my belt 22-24 hours/day for close to a week. Ruck waistband pushing down on pouches, in and out of the RZRs, rain, mud, etc and zero issues with the OneWrap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top