Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Armory Sponsor

Photo Thread M1 & M1A (Page 76 of 81)

Previous Page
/ 81
Next Page
5/6/2022 11:23:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 45pulse][Edited] [#1]
Made some updates to my SEI

5/7/2022 7:14:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 45pulse:
Made some updates to my SEI
https://i.imgur.com/2PHTN1s.jpg
View Quote

@45pulse

What’s the optic?
"... I can't look at hovels and I can't stand fences..."
5/7/2022 12:30:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 45pulse][Edited] [#3]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

@45pulse

What’s the optic?
View Quote



Hi lux scout (LER)

5/8/2022 1:27:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 45pulse:
Made some updates to my SEI
https://i.imgur.com/2PHTN1s.jpg
View Quote


What stock is that?
5/10/2022 12:30:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hodgexj1996][Edited] [#5]
Edited
5/11/2022 3:09:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver][Edited] [#6]
Quote History
Originally Posted By turbomunkey:


Beautiful picture and stories. Thank you for your service. Stupid question, how did you get away with carrying an m14 when thr standard issue was a m16? Thanks
View Quote

Standard issue for my unit was a M4A1, not a M16 since 95'.  Notice my shoulder patch in front of Bradley IFV and my sigline (SF)


CD
De Oppresso Liber
Iraq: 91,03,04,05,06,08,09,15&16'
Afghanistan: 09,10,11',14',17',18',19',20'&21'
5/13/2022 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quote History
Originally Posted By RedFox1911:


What stock is that?
View Quote


Mcmillan m3a
5/15/2022 3:00:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Attached File
If I edited the post above it's more than likely because I suck at typing. If I didn't, I was either in too big of a hurry or just missed it.
5/20/2022 5:07:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mlin][Edited] [#9]
5/27/2022 3:04:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Attached File
Never attribute to Trolling that which is adequately explained by retardation.
5/27/2022 5:18:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quote History
Originally Posted By mlin:
https://i.imgur.com/g0XOwLB.jpg
View Quote


That wood looks nice. How do you like the Tanker? I'm looking at that or a SOCOM for my next M14-type.
"What is socialism? The most difficult and tortuous way to progress from capitalism to capitalism." -Stated at an intel conference, East Berlin, Oct. 1988

"Every election is a sort of advance auction sale of stolen goods." -H.L. Mencken
5/28/2022 11:38:36 PM EDT
[#12]




I R E N E

5/30/2022 2:46:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quote History


BHD-type M14 is the best M14.
"What is socialism? The most difficult and tortuous way to progress from capitalism to capitalism." -Stated at an intel conference, East Berlin, Oct. 1988

"Every election is a sort of advance auction sale of stolen goods." -H.L. Mencken
7/17/2022 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#14]
SA M1A Scout that I bought back in May. Removed the Scout mount, replaced the SA top handguard with a fiberglass reinforced one from Fulton, and replaced the factory buttpad with a Butt-lite polymer buttplate to keep the weight down.

Debating trying it out suppressed with my Sandman S, but it seems like the SEI 5/8-24 muzzle adapter is out of stock and on backorder everywhere.

7/21/2022 11:36:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mlin][Edited] [#15]
7/22/2022 8:07:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quote History
Originally Posted By B2k4E:
SA M1A Scout that I bought back in May. Removed the Scout mount, replaced the SA top handguard with a fiberglass reinforced one from Fulton, and replaced the factory buttpad with a Butt-lite polymer buttplate to keep the weight down.

Debating trying it out suppressed with my Sandman S, but it seems like the SEI 5/8-24 muzzle adapter is out of stock and on backorder everywhere.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52222171192_4c91ecdaed_h.jpg
View Quote

Do this:

"... I can't look at hovels and I can't stand fences..."
7/25/2022 2:02:46 PM EDT
[#17]
My Garand:



SA 748,XXX range, went to fight with the Greeks and came back.  It's loose all over the place.  Has a Turner Saddlery sling.

I'm fixing to send it off for a .308 rechamber and reparkerize.  I also ordered a Fulton Armory stock for it; figure if I'm going to spritz it up a bit, I may as well do it right.
<**Me:**> I just spent 95% of my paycheck on LaRue stuff, within 30 minutes of getting paid. < **mfingar:**> For what it's worth, Dillo Dust is great on Ramen. </**mfingar:**></**me:**>
8/26/2022 2:43:00 PM EDT
[#18]
8/29/2022 10:20:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quote History
Originally Posted By RogueJSK:
M1 Extended Family

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/922/YFGRSc.jpg
View Quote

Very nice rifles !
8/30/2022 3:51:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GySgt_D][Edited] [#20]
Switched out the Leupold IER for a Burris LER

Attached File


.308 CMP Special,  btw.
And then, he arrives at the last item on his bucket list...
8/30/2022 4:11:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quote History
Originally Posted By GySgt_D:
Switched out the Leupold IER for a Burris LER

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3906/20220830_154452_jpg-2508756.JPG
View Quote


That stock...
Its not adventure until something goes wrong.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
8/30/2022 4:19:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quote History
Originally Posted By GySgt_D:
Switched out the Leupold IER for a Burris LER

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3906/20220830_154452_jpg-2508756.JPG
View Quote
Why?  

I have a Leupold scout optic on a Ruger Scout, and was toying with putting one or the other on a potential project garand (was toying with a Shuff Mini-G in .308 with the Ultimak if I nab a CMP rack grade).
<**Me:**> I just spent 95% of my paycheck on LaRue stuff, within 30 minutes of getting paid. < **mfingar:**> For what it's worth, Dillo Dust is great on Ramen. </**mfingar:**></**me:**>
8/30/2022 4:47:10 PM EDT
[#23]
I also have a Leupold Scout on a Ruger scout.  Works okay there.

Optimal eye relief was about 2.5" short when installed on the M1, though.  I suffered through that for years.  

This Burris has considerably longer eye relief.
And then, he arrives at the last item on his bucket list...
8/30/2022 4:58:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quote History
Originally Posted By GySgt_D:
I also have a Leupold Scout on a Ruger scout.  Works okay there.

Optimal eye relief was about 2.5" short when installed on the M1, though.  I suffered through that for years.  

This Burris has considerably longer eye relief.
View Quote


Same here... I wanted to use it on a M1a Scout but the eye relief is too short but it works ok on a Ruger.
Not really a "scout" scope.
Its not adventure until something goes wrong.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
8/30/2022 5:00:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By GySgt_D:
I also have a Leupold Scout on a Ruger scout.  Works okay there.

Optimal eye relief was about 2.5" short when installed on the M1, though.  I suffered through that for years.  

This Burris has considerably longer eye relief.
View Quote

Originally Posted By CoyoteGray:


Same here... I wanted to use it on a M1a Scout but the eye relief is too short but it works ok on a Ruger.
Not really a "scout" scope.
View Quote
Damn good reasons, thanks for sharing.  Just saved me a literal and figurative headache.
<**Me:**> I just spent 95% of my paycheck on LaRue stuff, within 30 minutes of getting paid. < **mfingar:**> For what it's worth, Dillo Dust is great on Ramen. </**mfingar:**></**me:**>
9/17/2022 9:54:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Willisinnawoods][Edited] [#26]
Talked myself into changing out the obnoxious ported muzzle brake these Scouts have for a flash suppressor w/o bayonet lug from Fulton. While I was there I also bought some of the gas cylinder shims to take up the play in the front cap and get the gas cylinder lock to properly snug down on the gas cylinder. I also changed out the polymer Buttlite buttplate for a USGI buttplate.  

Hopefully I'll be taking it out tomorrow morning to see how it changes the recoil and muzzle signature by going to the flash suppressor, and if the accuracy or precision improves any.

9/17/2022 4:02:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Some updated pictures of my now-.308 Garand:


<**Me:**> I just spent 95% of my paycheck on LaRue stuff, within 30 minutes of getting paid. < **mfingar:**> For what it's worth, Dillo Dust is great on Ramen. </**mfingar:**></**me:**>
9/18/2022 2:04:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quote History
Originally Posted By B2k4E:
Talked myself into changing out the obnoxious ported muzzle brake these Scouts have for a flash suppressor w/o bayonet lug from Fulton. While I was there I also bought some of the gas cylinder shims to take up the play in the front cap and get the gas cylinder lock to properly snug down on the gas cylinder. I also changed out the polymer Buttlite buttplate for a USGI buttplate.  

Hopefully I'll be taking it out tomorrow morning to see how it changes the recoil and muzzle signature by going to the flash suppressor, and if the accuracy or precision improves any.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52364236489_fcb354ab7f_h.jpg
View Quote


Lookin' good. The flash hider's at least a visual improvement. Those cylinder shims are one of the cheapest and best upgrades an M1A/M14 can get.
"What is socialism? The most difficult and tortuous way to progress from capitalism to capitalism." -Stated at an intel conference, East Berlin, Oct. 1988

"Every election is a sort of advance auction sale of stolen goods." -H.L. Mencken
9/18/2022 3:27:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Willisinnawoods][Edited] [#29]
Quote History
Originally Posted By lew:


Lookin' good. The flash hider's at least a visual improvement. Those cylinder shims are one of the cheapest and best upgrades an M1A/M14 can get.
View Quote


Thanks man. I figured since I was going to have the muzzle device off I ought to at least get all the slop out of the front handguard cap and make sure it's put back together correctly. Took it out this morning and while it didn't seem any more accurate than usual, it was at least more consistent. Previously I'd have a shot or 2 in a 5 round group go astray, now they stay together within about 1.5-2 MOA @ 100 yards.

Felt recoil and muzzle rise was a little more noticeable than with the muzzle brake, but not nearly as bad as I thought it'd be. However the flash suppressor works pretty well, I used to occasionally see a fireball from the brake in broad daylight and none this trip; even after a 10 yard mag dump.

I also think the 'ring' the closed tines make when cycling the action or shooting is pretty neat.
9/19/2022 8:03:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quote History
Originally Posted By B2k4E:
I also think the 'ring' the closed tines make when cycling the action or shooting is pretty neat.
View Quote


I love the ring with my M14 flash hiders and my ARs with Smith Vortex hiders.

If it's shooting 1.5-2 MOA consistently, I'd call that good as far as the rifle is concerned. Probably time to play around with ammo to see if it likes something a little better. Cheers!
"What is socialism? The most difficult and tortuous way to progress from capitalism to capitalism." -Stated at an intel conference, East Berlin, Oct. 1988

"Every election is a sort of advance auction sale of stolen goods." -H.L. Mencken
9/20/2022 2:42:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Attached File


Picked this up today.
9/20/2022 7:35:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quote History
Originally Posted By CanvasBack:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/91637/20220920_133652_jpg-2533162.JPG

Picked this up today.
View Quote


Congrats!

I'd look for a USGI fiberglass stock, but that one's all right for range use.
"What is socialism? The most difficult and tortuous way to progress from capitalism to capitalism." -Stated at an intel conference, East Berlin, Oct. 1988

"Every election is a sort of advance auction sale of stolen goods." -H.L. Mencken
9/21/2022 11:04:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Quote History
Originally Posted By lew:


Congrats!

I'd look for a USGI fiberglass stock, but that one's all right for range use.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By lew:
Originally Posted By CanvasBack:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/91637/20220920_133652_jpg-2533162.JPG

Picked this up today.


Congrats!

I'd look for a USGI fiberglass stock, but that one's all right for range use.


Yeah, I'm thinking a better stock will be the first upgrade. Not a huge fan of the bug rubber pad.
9/26/2022 11:50:03 PM EDT
[#34]
6.5 creed SAI loaded modelDelta-14 Chassis
nikon m tactical 3-12 moa
Mk4 rings
Arms 18 split ring

Rattle canned







9/27/2022 9:39:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quote History
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
6.5 creed SAI loaded modelDelta-14 Chassis
nikon m tactical 3-12 moa
Mk4 rings
Arms 18 split ring

Rattle canned

https://i.postimg.cc/7Yp4Q0bL/IMG20220926234503-2.jpg
View Quote


Add an "NSFW" next time. Jeez....

Looks great. Let us know how it shoots.
"What is socialism? The most difficult and tortuous way to progress from capitalism to capitalism." -Stated at an intel conference, East Berlin, Oct. 1988

"Every election is a sort of advance auction sale of stolen goods." -H.L. Mencken
9/29/2022 9:19:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Quote History
Originally Posted By lew:


Add an "NSFW" next time. Jeez....

Looks great. Let us know how it shoots.
View Quote
Shoots great. Had it out to 1035yds a few times. I got in in 2019. Has done sub moa but usually moa ish is normal.

The arms mount finally shot loose, so i pulled that off and redid the loctite and all.
10/9/2022 11:32:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Just two updated images of my .308 Garands:

This rack grade with an Ultimak is on its way back to me:


And this is a current image of my refurbished Greek field grade:

<**Me:**> I just spent 95% of my paycheck on LaRue stuff, within 30 minutes of getting paid. < **mfingar:**> For what it's worth, Dillo Dust is great on Ramen. </**mfingar:**></**me:**>
10/15/2022 11:08:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Work in progress still waiting on some rail sections and my light mount. It will get painted,  I ordered 6 color desert stencils ( chocolate chip).  I was planning on drilling and installing flush cup qd mounts on the butt. I'm second guessing that decision after seeing how thin the stock when I drilled for the cheek riser.  Right now I have a velcro side sling attachment.

10/28/2022 3:03:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dullard][Edited] [#39]
SA Standard. Purchased in 1999 to be ready for Y2K.

“If you can get two ‘what the fucks?’ out of the bad guy, you’ll probably win the fight.”-Tom Givens (more or less).
10/28/2022 4:13:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Zombie toes!
"... I can't look at hovels and I can't stand fences..."
11/1/2022 1:06:39 AM EDT
[#41]
CMP Special in .308.  Picked up a scratched up CompM4 for a good price recently and here we go...

11/1/2022 8:03:33 PM EDT
[#42]
My CMP Service from the 1990's










11/4/2022 4:04:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Took the Scout out for a stroll in some nice weather.




Did 4 tours of the Cola Wars
11/5/2022 11:21:34 AM EDT
[#44]

I've owned two M1A's

Sold one to fund an IPSC pistol many years ago, it was mostly TRW.

Sold another a few years ago for  an Armalite Def-10

I just sold the Def-10 and thinking about buying another one.

He's some pics of my old ones.














11/19/2022 6:56:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Attached File


USGI walnut, TNVC Riser, and a basic nylon sling. Hopeful to see some decent results with this stock, fitment was very good.
1/3/2023 1:25:12 AM EDT
[#46]
LRB M25
Criterion GI Weight 18.5" barrel
SEI NM Muzzle Brake
H&R GI Parts Kit w/ NM Trigger Job by LRB
Wolfe Mod Fib Stock w/ Bradley Cheek Rest
Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42mm Mil-R in Badger Medium Rings

1/9/2023 11:34:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Going Criterion 18.5" GI barrel when it arrives.

Last shots as a 6.5 loaded









santander atm
1/11/2023 9:52:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Best line I ever heard ...lol

Quote History
Originally Posted By chapperjoe:
hey azski:
you have violated rule number 44532.657:
"You may not have more than two rifles that user chapperjoe desires"
to avoid penalty please send at least one those to me.  

You fellas make me feel bad for going EBR instead of EWR!!

View Quote

1/13/2023 11:16:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Newest purchase I got a few days before Christmas. 1944 Springfield, Danish return
Attached File
2/12/2023 2:45:09 PM EDT
[#50]
I got this M1 last week from the CMP. Expert grade Springfield. Very nice shape with minor pitting.





Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 81
Next Page

Photo Thread M1 & M1A (Page 76 of 81)

Armory Sponsor