Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Armory Sponsor

Photo Thread M1 & M1A (Page 75 of 81)

Previous Page
/ 81
Next Page
6/23/2021 1:15:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver][Edited] [#1]
Don't remember if I posted these here.  TRS M14 National Match that I carried in Kenya in late 90s, Iraq 04' and All Army Matches with irons out to 1000 yds in 05' at Benning.  Using a EoTech 552 with SA Scout mount cause couldn't source a proper scope or mount at the moment.  One advantage with that setup was when wearing PVS-7/14s on helmet, the EoTech that far forward I could use NODs and NV mod on Eotech for night shooting.  No IR laser needed.

Attached File

Attached File

Attached File

Attached File


My oldest son and I, Baghdad 04'
Attached File


CD
De Oppresso Liber
Iraq: 91,03,04,05,06,08,09,15&16'
Afghanistan: 09,10,11',14',17',18',19',20'&21'
6/23/2021 1:18:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver][Edited] [#2]
First started shooting a XM21 marked gun in 85' on my detachment at Ft Bragg.  M24 and M21 at Grafenwoehr, Germany 90'.  Later went to sniper school in 94' with a synthetic stocked M21 with a 10x Bushnell on top.  Last time I had a Winchester M14 (standard synthetic stock) to use was in Afghanistan in 14'
Attached File


CD
De Oppresso Liber
Iraq: 91,03,04,05,06,08,09,15&16'
Afghanistan: 09,10,11',14',17',18',19',20'&21'
6/23/2021 9:28:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for sharing CD

My new H&R
Attached File
"If you cant do something smart, do something right"
6/23/2021 9:37:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Attached File
"If you cant do something smart, do something right"
6/24/2021 4:42:14 PM EDT
[#5]
200 yards with a sling from the prone.
5"
Attached File
"If you cant do something smart, do something right"
7/7/2021 10:51:11 PM EDT
[#6]
New to me M1 finally!!! I stupidly got rid of the last one I had, finally resolved that mistake! Springfield from January of 1945.

Attached File
7/8/2021 10:49:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Took my two Greek Air Force Garands out for some Independence Day fun.



7/13/2021 8:57:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Better picture, great shooting rifle!

Attached File
7/13/2021 10:11:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I have 2 Springfield M1s. The newest one is a $650 Rack grade special with new wood and new Barrel. The older is Gi wood and Barrel matches receiver.

8/7/2021 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Winchester M1 Carbine.  Made around March of 1943

8/8/2021 4:13:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Shitty iPotato pic, but you guys get the drift....

Attached File
"The only time a man should submerge is to attack a beach head, plunder a village, or retrieve a nude harlot."
- BigPolska -
8/17/2021 9:16:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Spent some time laying in the dirt killing bin laden again

There's something very therapeutic about sending lead at 200+ yards
Attached File
"If you cant do something smart, do something right"
9/25/2021 3:07:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Ongoing project.

"Not proud of everything I've done, but at least you know I did it well."
9/25/2021 3:15:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AWZ1287][Edited] [#14]
Quote History
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:
Ongoing project.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51514982142_bb0865d81b_o.jpg
View Quote


Nice!
I want to build something like this one day.
9/25/2021 4:41:28 PM EDT
[#15]
https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePholosopher
#FLUBRO4LYFE
9/27/2021 8:30:17 PM EDT
[#16]
"Not proud of everything I've done, but at least you know I did it well."
10/3/2021 10:13:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83][Edited] [#17]


RIP SHUGHART/GORDON
10/3/2021 10:15:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quote History
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
https://i.postimg.cc/9f8SwDdH/IMG-20211003-095258.jpg

RIP SHUGHART/GORDON
View Quote


That's a good lookin' stick.
"What is socialism? The most difficult and tortuous way to progress from capitalism to capitalism." -Stated at an intel conference, East Berlin, Oct. 1988

"Every election is a sort of advance auction sale of stolen goods." -H.L. Mencken
10/6/2021 5:47:48 PM EDT
[#19]
"Not proud of everything I've done, but at least you know I did it well."
10/6/2021 5:52:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quote History
View Quote


nice
https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePholosopher
#FLUBRO4LYFE
10/6/2021 8:22:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: secretwheelman][Edited] [#21]
Quote History
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:


nice
View Quote


It's not quite done yet, but it's close enough to shoot while I wait.


"Not proud of everything I've done, but at least you know I did it well."
10/17/2021 8:03:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Got the gas lock front sight installed.

"Not proud of everything I've done, but at least you know I did it well."
10/17/2021 9:06:14 PM EDT
[#23]
That is proper.  Well done.
"... I can't look at hovels and I can't stand fences..."
10/18/2021 11:33:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:
That is proper.  Well done.
View Quote


Now if I could just get my hands on a SAGE dcsb or lt-608, I'd be in business.
"Not proud of everything I've done, but at least you know I did it well."
10/18/2021 11:41:19 PM EDT
[#25]
My M1A  Shipped July 1998. TRW barrel, HR-N bolt, Winchester trigger group, slotted handguard from Fred's.
10/23/2021 4:20:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quote History


So for physiological reasons, she will be building a new host for the Cinder (read: she is too small to get her eye to the eye cup even with the absurd mounting, lol).

So this is the setup now.

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePholosopher
#FLUBRO4LYFE
11/18/2021 8:57:36 AM EDT
[#27]



"Not proud of everything I've done, but at least you know I did it well."
12/2/2021 1:24:19 AM EDT
[#28]
SOCOM in a GI stock, Ultimak, and Aimpoint H-1.  I've swapped out the gas block for the Smith Enterprise version to use a standard front sight after this pic was taken.

This was a well used rifle I bought on Gunbroker and it looks pretty cool in the beat up stock.  

I also have a BM-59 style folder for it as well.  

Attached File

12/2/2021 10:36:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Haven't had much free time to go hunting
Attached File
"If you cant do something smart, do something right"
12/31/2021 12:47:03 PM EDT
[#30]
"Not proud of everything I've done, but at least you know I did it well."
1/2/2022 11:20:15 AM EDT
[#31]
https://imgur.com/a/Tyd6nV7

New to the forum. Here's my socom in a blackfeather.
1/7/2022 12:02:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Just received this birch stock from TreelineM14 yesterday....
Trying to decide if I want to leave it as is or refinish...

Its not adventure until something goes wrong.
1/7/2022 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quote History
Originally Posted By CoyoteGray:
Just received this birch stock from TreelineM14 yesterday....
Trying to decide if I want to leave it as is or refinish...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/17973/m1a_stock-2231603.jpg
View Quote


Looks good as-is.
"What is socialism? The most difficult and tortuous way to progress from capitalism to capitalism." -Stated at an intel conference, East Berlin, Oct. 1988

"Every election is a sort of advance auction sale of stolen goods." -H.L. Mencken
1/9/2022 8:18:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thehun06][Edited] [#34]
I'll join this party...the clip guide scope rail mount has been replaced since this picture to the proper one.

All small parts are clone correct minus the receiver and of course the suppressor setup...

1/15/2022 1:14:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quote History
Originally Posted By thehun06:
I'll join this party...the clip guide scope rail mount has been replaced since this picture to the proper one.

All small parts are clone correct minus the receiver and of course the suppressor setup...

https://www.m14forum.com/cdn-cgi/image/format=auto,onerror=redirect,width=1920,height=1920,fit=scale-down/https://www.m14forum.com/attachments/d4c65c4a-b407-487b-89bd-81500890e6eb-jpeg.465380/
View Quote
Very well done.

The 1st gen grip, and a USN2 are on my short list.
"Not proud of everything I've done, but at least you know I did it well."
1/15/2022 9:30:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Both were the hardest to acquire…

I got the last of USN sights from XS.
1/19/2022 6:20:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83][Edited] [#37]








wheelman, you arent allowed to post in here anymore unless its a range pic....u gotta choot it some! the parts are too new lookin! LOL

1/19/2022 11:06:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Attached File


Now I need a cartridge belt.
1/27/2022 1:16:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83][Edited] [#39]
Delta14chassis build underway.

incredibly light, great USA company, easy CS and a quality packaging and product. its going to be lighter than a std m1a completely assembled.


1/30/2022 12:58:02 AM EDT
[#40]
im liking the chassis. the barrel was all copper fouled up, and i had to get all that out. now its shooting much much better!

Chassis was painted peimer gray and dark green camo. FDE to break it up. ARMS #18 is enroute.








2/2/2022 10:35:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quote History
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
https://i.postimg.cc/KjScqTKm/IMG-20220119-160008.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/d0fVCpwk/IMG-20220119-160318.jpg


https://i.postimg.cc/xCbT351s/IMG-20220119-160927.jpg


wheelman, you arent allowed to post in here anymore unless its a range pic....u gotta choot it some! the parts are too new lookin! LOL

View Quote


What scope mount are you using?
2/2/2022 10:00:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83][Edited] [#42]
i use only ARMS #18's. i have a split ring and 2 new styles. all are great.




ok the new build is good....and i prefer the 3-12. the 1-6 was fine but this is just the one for it....unless i get a 2.5-10 or something some day!






















2/3/2022 3:14:06 PM EDT
[#43]
HaveBlue: those are some nice-lookin' rifles. Good choice on the ARMS mounts. I like mine.
"What is socialism? The most difficult and tortuous way to progress from capitalism to capitalism." -Stated at an intel conference, East Berlin, Oct. 1988

"Every election is a sort of advance auction sale of stolen goods." -H.L. Mencken
2/5/2022 8:32:28 PM EDT
[#44]
4/2/2022 8:37:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Got me a USN2, now to try and track down a 1st gen grip.



"Not proud of everything I've done, but at least you know I did it well."
4/11/2022 4:13:31 PM EDT
[#46]


Heavy as hell.
4/13/2022 12:26:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Whammo-Camo stock from.the EE


4/25/2022 1:37:23 PM EDT
[#48]
When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these?
4/25/2022 2:42:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thehun06][Edited] [#49]
Quote History
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:
Got me a USN2, now to try and track down a 1st gen grip.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51972220451_272b9d7b4c_o.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51972783480_d842c43ae8_o.jpg
View Quote


Nice build...Sage has the VFGs...sometimes Badger releases the correct scope rings...the Gen 1 pistol grip is a tough one...I hunted 2 years for one...SEI still has the paddle bolt stop...
5/4/2022 1:20:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Don't remember if I posted these here.  TRS M14 National Match that I carried in Kenya in late 90s, Iraq 04' and All Army Matches with irons out to 1000 yds in 05' at Benning.  Using a EoTech 552 with SA Scout mount cause couldn't source a proper scope or mount at the moment.  One advantage with that setup was when wearing PVS-7/14s on helmet, the EoTech that far forward I could use NODs and NV mod on Eotech for night shooting.  No IR laser needed.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/M14_01_jpg-1988608.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/M14_1_pc_brass_jpg-1988610.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/M14_2_pcs_brass_jpg-1988714.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/M14_03_jpg-1988715.JPG

My oldest son and I, Baghdad 04'
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/P1000225_JPG-1988717.JPG

CD
View Quote


Beautiful picture and stories. Thank you for your service. Stupid question, how did you get away with carrying an m14 when thr standard issue was a m16? Thanks

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 81
Next Page

Photo Thread M1 & M1A (Page 75 of 81)

Armory Sponsor