Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Posted: 9/27/2020 2:28:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mhbaker81]
Welcome to the Arena. Some purists might hate me for this, but every weapon I build plays a role and I like modularity and options, regardless of platform. After I was lucky enough to find one of these, I went to work. Polished the internals, worked the action about a thousand times, and began customizing to meet my needs. She's smooth as silk and shoots like a wet dream. I have situation-dependent options for lights and lasers, but I'd likely grab an M4 there if it came down to it. Who knows... There could be a follow-up post on this one with a WML-X and an ITAL slapped on her someday, but for now the base build feels complete.

- Marlin Dark Series 1895
- Midwest Industries M-lok Rail
- Ranger Point Precision Comet Muzzle Brake
- Ranger Point Precision Flyweight Loading Gate
- Ranger Point Precision Safety Delete
- Ranger Point Precision Trigger
- Leupold Deltapoint Pro Night Vision (2.5 moa - 179585)
- American Defense Manufacturing AD-TR-STD-TL mount (DPP mount with titanium lever)
- Hoptic USA 45-70 Quiver
- Arisaka Defense Low-Profile Rail Sections
- Magpul M-lok Rail Covers / Handstop Kit
- Arisaka Defense Low-Profile QD Sockets
- Magpul MS1 two-point sling with Magpul QDM Sling Swivels
- Versacarry 45-70 Ammo Caddy - Dyed Black [Thanks to Youtube, I'm now a self-proclaimed master in the art of leather dying through this project... All kidding aside, I am quite happy with how it turned out.]

Stock Setup from Marlin:

My Unique Twist:

Before and After Pics of Ammo Caddy:

Please post pics of your Marlin Dark builds, regardless of caliber, and details around any modifications made. Try to keep the discussion limited to the builds shown. If this is too niche, maybe we can open it up as a "Tactical Lever Action" Picture Thread.

ETA - 09/28/20:

Let's open it up. Hoping this one can gain traction as the Official "Tactical Lever Action" picture thread. Post pics of your builds, listing any modifications, and/or accessorizing you've done, regardless of manufacturer or caliber. Time to tap your inner operators. Color scheme and/or modular forearm should be the primary requirements, but I'm also thinking about accessories and custom work. Rails, slings, ammo quivers, caddies, lights, lasers, optics, suppressors... bayonets, masterkeys, grenade launchers, whatever. Last few were in jest, but you catch my drift. Then again, it is the internet... No cowboy guns.

Post your pics, people. Curious to see what everyone is running in this space. Please keep the discussions limited to the builds shown and remember, there is no right or wrong way. If it works for you, that's what matters.

This is not GD.

-------------------------

Marlin Dark Series 1895 Build Update - 10/23/20:

I decided to experiment with a direct mounting option for the Deltapoint Pro. As someone mentioned previously, Leupold does offer a baseplate for this, but I went with the Skinner Sights plate since it's the lowest on the market. I'm going to get some range time in to try it out, but first impressions are that although the height over bore is dramatically reduced, the change to my cheek/chin weld on the stock is negligible (probably due to having a massive sasquatch skull). We'll see how she plays. Going to fiddle with the mount a bit more, as well, as it appears to be canted to the left ever so slightly. Wondering if this could be due to crooked receiver threads. It is a "Remlin". Maybe Ruger will do it better.

Picture thread...

Marlin Dark Series 1895 Build Update - 11/14/20:

I started playing around with a few different configurations for an old Aimpoint LPI IR laser and also added an Inforce WML-X (IR). Still a work in progress, to include switch placement, but the one big takeaway was that with the lower Skinner mounting plate, there was a fair amount of noise out front in the sight picture. Since I was already leaning toward reverting back to the XS rail, this made it an easy decision. By bumping the DPP back up to XS height, there are no more visual interruptions. The height difference, to me, is hardly noticeable. Regarding the LPI, I was quite happy I was able to dig up this little fatty and give her new life. She's got the most crisp dot of any of the lasers in inventory, and when mounted to the 1:30 slot, the beam is perfectly in-line with the bore. I'll have to keep a closer eye on zero and bullet drop with the heavier 45-70, but it should do a nice job for anything inside 100 yards.

Here are some pics...

Marlin Dark Series 1895 Build Update - 11/19/20:

She's done. I'm quite pleased with the ergonomics of this "almost final" configuration. Short of a Ranger Point Precision quick takedown screw (en route), this build represents my vision of a "Tactical Lever Action" rifle.

Marlin Dark Series 336 "Scout" Build - 04/23/21:

Well, I think all mods to my new Marlin Dark 336 "Scout" are complete (for now). I'm at the seven week mark and still no sign of my Ultra Low scope rings shipping from Larue, but luckily I was able to find a set on the EE earlier this week. This is about as low as you can possibly get a scope on this rail. I'm digging how everything turned out.

- Marlin Dark Series 336 (30-30 Win)
- Ranger Point Precision Comet Muzzle Brake
- Ranger Point Precision Flyweight Loading Gate
- Ranger Point Precision Quick Takedown Screw
- Ranger Point Precision Safety Delete
- Ranger Point Precision Trigger
- Burris Scout Riflescope 2-7x32mm
- LaRue Tactical Ultra-Low Mount Rings QD (LT719)
- LaRue 30mm to 1 Inch Ring Inserts (LT136)
- Hoptic USA 30-30 Quiver
- Marlin paracord sling
- Versacarry 30-30 Ammo Caddy
- $8 plastic bipod for range zero and at-home "Bubba-Smith" photo-ops

Marlin Dark Series 1895 Build Update - 02/26/23:

Pic heavy post below. I'm really liking the new Midwest forend with the full length picatinny rail. The EFLX is nice, with much clearer glass than the DPP. The Form rifle stock takes everything to a whole new level. Not going to fuck with this one much more, unless the optic craps out and I need to switch back to the DPP. I'll have to see what I want to do with the other rail. Maybe throw it on my Marlin Dark 336 Scout build. Enjoy...

Link Posted: 9/27/2020 5:18:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 6:40:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Why would you buy a dark if you don't have a silencer for it?  

Also, you can get a deltapoint mount for marlins from leupold, it will mount the deltapoint much lower than you have it now on that rail.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 7:29:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome setup! I like what you did.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 7:52:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mhbaker81] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Morgan321:
Why would you buy a dark if you don't have a silencer for it?  

Also, you can get a deltapoint mount for marlins from leupold, it will mount the deltapoint much lower than you have it now on that rail.  
View Quote

Because this is my personal preference and vision which meets my requirements. You do you. I'll do me. Thanks for the input, though.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:01:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks great!
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:21:34 PM EDT
[#6]
My hybrid is in jail so it will be while before mine is complete.  I love the dark models.  I’ve got a 1894 .357 pre ordered for whenever they come in stock.  I do love the CST though and the Henry X is good too. Mine are Marlin Dark 1895, 336, CST in .357 and SBL in 44mag.  I also have a Henry X in 44 mag and chiappa Alaskan in .357.  

Link Posted: 9/27/2020 11:32:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mhbaker81] [#7]
Originally Posted By CaptShiess:
My hybrid is in jail so it will be while before mine is complete.  I love the dark models.  I’ve got a 1894 .357 pre ordered for whenever they come in stock.  I do love the CST though and the Henry X is good too. Mine are Marlin Dark 1895, 336, CST in .357 and SBL in 44mag.  I also have a Henry X in 44 mag and chiappa Alaskan in .357.  
https://i.imgur.com/ws3LQiS.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/sXC3e68.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/NO3GuRe.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ogT6Sqh.jpg
View Quote

Now that's what I'm talking about! You've got quite the little family there, my friend. Love the black rail, stock, and side-saddle with the stainless look. Not too shabby on the photography front, either. Great contribution. I hope you'll also share pics of the hybrid once it's been liberated.

This is a good example of what this thread was intended for, folks. Any others out there with a unique twist on the Marlin Dark or other "Tactical Lever Actions"? Post pics if you got 'em. Curious what others have come up with.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 4:54:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Opening things up here as our Official "Tactical Lever Gun" Picture Thread. Updated requirements added to my initial post. Let's see what everyone's running.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 5:11:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Attachment Attached File

my version
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 5:20:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mhbaker81] [#10]
View Quote

Sweet Baby Jesus. I love it!

The QD cup mod to the stock looks great.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 5:59:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I do not currently have anything to contribute to this thread other than encouragement. Keep them coming.

So far
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 6:32:42 PM EDT
[#12]

My Marlin 1894 CSBL .357.  I still need the sling and butt cuff.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 11:48:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Not a Dark model but a 1895 GSBL

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 11:32:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By TrailerTrash556:
I do not currently have anything to contribute to this thread other than encouragement. Keep them coming.

So far
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/1zvslystz4-7.gif
View Quote

Support and encouragement always appreciated. Thanks to all for the positive vibes.

This is definitely a unique genre that has caught serious fire over the last year with the Marlin Dark and Henry X, but I know there are tons of variations out there and everyone has there own unique twist. Keep 'em coming!
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 11:34:46 AM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Awesome job. Love the green stock. What scope are you running under that Leupy cover?
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 1:39:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By mhbaker81:

Awesome job. Love the green stock. What scope are you running under that Leupy cover?
View Quote

@47Under

In addition to the scope, I just realized that you've got an interesting rail there, as well. Who makes that one?

Sorry, I didn't notice the first time, perhaps due to the sidewinder angle.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 10:17:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Well, my 1894 Marlin Dark in .44 Magnum just shipped from the dealer today. So I guess I'll post a picture here when it arrives, hopefully sometime next week.

Already loaded up some 300gr hard casts that should be subsonic out of it if QL is right.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 3:10:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By CaptShiess:
https://i.imgur.com/ws3LQiS.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/sXC3e68.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/NO3GuRe.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ogT6Sqh.jpg
View Quote

Nice.   I’ve yet to get my hands on one but it’s only a matter of time.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 7:08:01 PM EDT
[#19]

@47Under

In addition to the scope, I just realized that you've got an interesting rail there, as well. Who makes that one?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

@47Under

It's a ranger point precision rail

@mhbaker81
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 11:47:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Henry X in .38 SPL. I'd be interested in a new forearm if they're made.

Link Posted: 10/3/2020 11:53:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mhbaker81] [#21]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

https://i.imgur.com/ZniktuE.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Zbt2TQr.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/GTzJOrV.jpg
View Quote

Niiiiiiiiiiice. We have another photog here. How's the balance with the polymer stock and the can out front? Never handled one before.
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 12:38:01 PM EDT
[#22]

Niiiiiiiiiiice. We have another photog here. How's the balance with the polymer stock and the can out front? Never handled one before.
View Quote

I'm far from a photographer. Just some iPotato pics with decent lighting. Balance isn't bad. Can is an Octane 9 which isn't a pig or anything.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 1:11:44 AM EDT
[#23]
I will drop a pic of my 1894 CST in a few days.  Realy hopping to find insight into a more tactical sling mount.  Mounting the sling on the bottom of the stock is fine when the rifle is over your shoulder and behind your back, but is not nearly as good when you are trying to sling it against your chest with a tactical sling.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 2:16:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Are the Dark models going to be continually produced, or will there be a shutdown because of the Ruger buyout?
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 4:23:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mhbaker81] [#25]
Originally Posted By mousehunter:
I will drop a pic of my 1894 CST in a few days.  Realy hopping to find insight into a more tactical sling mount.  Mounting the sling on the bottom of the stock is fine when the rifle is over your shoulder and behind your back, but is not nearly as good when you are trying to sling it against your chest with a tactical sling.
View Quote

I run mine two-point style, same as my M4s, and used M-lok Arisaka Defense QD Sockets to accomplish this. The front attaches to the Midwest rail and I set the rear socket into the stock with a mallet (the M-lok tabs on the underside grip directly into the wood). Next, I drilled two small holes (1/2" deep) into the stock and used drywall screws to secure the socket (they're the perfect size for these). The setup feels just as natural to me as on my other rifles.

If you don't have an M-lok rail up front, I dont see why you couldn't use the same mounting technique on the wooden handguard, but you'll have to use some shorter screws. It would also be best to find find your placement and drill the holes with the handguard off the rifle for very obvious reasons. I hope this helps.

Link Posted: 10/5/2020 6:31:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Mounting the sling on the bottom of the stock is fine when the rifle is over your shoulder and behind your back, but is not nearly as good when you are trying to sling it against your chest with a tactical sling.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Mounting the sling on the bottom of the stock is fine when the rifle is over your shoulder and behind your back, but is not nearly as good when you are trying to sling it against your chest with a tactical sling.

If the screw-on QD socket isn't your cup of tea you can also install a QD flush cup.  Grovtec is the standard and makes them in full and limited rotation.  The threads are 9/16-18.  You can use a 1/2 inch drill bit and a $10 ebay tap to install them.  Use epoxy to ensure they don't back out(doubly so for the limited rotation cups).  They can also fit in the fatter marlin forearms if you locate them between the magazine tube and barrel.  Plenty of info online about installing them.  

Originally Posted By midwinter:
Are the Dark models going to be continually produced, or will there be a shutdown because of the Ruger buyout?

Ruger didn't get any real estate and all press releases have said they will relocate marlin to an existing ruger factory.  Safe bet to expect even less availability during the move.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 10:03:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Morgan321:

If the screw-on QD socket isn't your cup of tea you can also install a QD flush cup.  Grovtec is the standard and makes them in full and limited rotation.  The threads are 9/16-18.  You can use a 1/2 inch drill bit and a $10 ebay tap to install them.  Use epoxy to ensure they don't back out(doubly so for the limited rotation cups).  They can also fit in the fatter marlin forearms if you locate them between the magazine tube and barrel.  Plenty of info online about installing them.  
View Quote

@mousehunter

Morgan's tip above for the QD flush cups would be the preferred approach for mounting on a wooden handguard. The screw in method I referenced exerts a ton of internal pressure on the wood and does have the potential to split it if you're not careful. Hell, my handguard cracked while removing it to install the Midwest rail. The Grovtec cups also look great.

You could probably do this whole mod for a little more than the price of one rail mounted QD socket.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 10:16:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Post pics of your "Tactical Lever Actions," folks. There must be more people out there running slicked-out Marlins or Henrys...
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 10:16:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 10:21:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mhbaker81] [#30]

Ask and ye shall receive! What are we looking at here, Doc? Any more pics you can share?

Interested to learn more.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 12:07:05 AM EDT
[#31]
One simple and one tactical.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 12:39:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mousehunter] [#32]

1894 CST in 38/357.  Added the XS Lever rail.  The scope is a 2.5 fixed power ultra lite Leopold on a 1 piece aluminum mount-about as light of scope mount combination as I could find.  The weapons light is a visible and IR illuminator with an integrated IR laser.  It also has a Silencer Co Octane 9 not pictured.  I would need to check, but I have some very quiet hand loads made up for it with (iirc Hornady XTP, but I forget the powder).  Stock sling and sing mounts need working on.

Arrived today.  Dark 44 mag.  Managed to pick up 100 rounds of self defense ammo for it.  It will be borrowing a silencer co hybrid can eventually - not sure if threads will work yet.  Stock slink is a big upgrade from the CST - but far from tactical.  I need to head out to my reloading bench in a few days and do an inventory on the reloading supplies I may or may not need to work up a load for it.

I have flush cups in my parts bin.  I can see them working on the stock, but not on the handguard.  May try to just see if the stock mount on the handguard will work - but honestly am not apposed to putting an aluminum handguard on it (probably would be lighter, plus would give me a better place to mount an illuminator/laser combo.  The offset mount on the CST prevents me from using the ghost rings.

I like lever actions.  When my walk in safe/man cave is built, I probably will have a wall dedicated to them.  Am slowly inching up to 20 for that display.

Link Posted: 10/7/2020 12:53:50 AM EDT
[#33]

mossberg 464 in 30/30

very handy
70 yard one shot kill

Link Posted: 10/7/2020 12:59:04 AM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 10/7/2020 1:07:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By doc_Zox:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3097/6FD2F074-10E3-454E-AE85-77A7B54FEC21-1624253.jpg

mossberg 464 in 30/30

very handy
70 yard one shot kill

View Quote

Thanks for the info! I had no idea this was even a thing, but you definitely found the right home for it here in this thread.

That's some good meat there. Nicely done.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 8:54:45 AM EDT
[#36]
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59539/BA8A05B7-9748-4DE9-BBC8-ED9E22F7DB5E-1624241.jpg
1894 CST in 38/357.  Added the XS Lever rail.  The scope is a 2.5 fixed power ultra lite Leopold on a 1 piece aluminum mount-about as light of scope mount combination as I could find.  The weapons light is a visible and IR illuminator with an integrated IR laser.  It also has a Silencer Co Octane 9 not pictured.  I would need to check, but I have some very quiet hand loads made up for it with (iirc Hornady XTP, but I forget the powder).  Stock sling and sing mounts need working on.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59539/C3823C74-06B1-42AC-9BD1-D549A413E4A1-1624242.jpg  
Arrived today.  Dark 44 mag.  Managed to pick up 100 rounds of self defense ammo for it.  It will be borrowing a silencer co hybrid can eventually - not sure if threads will work yet.  Stock slink is a big upgrade from the CST - but far from tactical.  I need to head out to my reloading bench in a few days and do an inventory on the reloading supplies I may or may not need to work up a load for it.

I have flush cups in my parts bin.  I can see them working on the stock, but not on the handguard.  May try to just see if the stock mount on the handguard will work - but honestly am not apposed to putting an aluminum handguard on it (probably would be lighter, plus would give me a better place to mount an illuminator/laser combo.  The offset mount on the CST prevents me from using the ghost rings.

I like lever actions.  When my walk in safe/man cave is built, I probably will have a wall dedicated to them.  Am slowly inching up to 20 for that display.

View Quote

@mousehunter
These are made specifically for Marlins and that scope. You might have to find another way to mount your IR.
https://ashleyperformance.com/products/leveractionscopemount

Link Posted: 10/7/2020 1:02:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tctlrld] [#37]
I've got to say, shooting 300gr projectiles @ 1000 fps suppressed through this thing is a stupid amount of fun!

Marlin 1894 Dark in .44 Magnum
AAC Ti-RANT 45

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 3:42:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By brachiosaur:
These are made specifically for Marlins and that scope. You might have to find another way to mount your IR.
https://ashleyperformance.com/products/leveractionscopemount
View Quote

Thank you for sharing that, those are awesome and surprisingly cheap!
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 1:37:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By tctlrld:
I've got to say, shooting 300gr projectiles @ 1000 fps suppressed through this thing is a stupid amount of fun!

Marlin 1894 Dark in .44 Magnum
AAC Ti-RANT 45

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/55201/788F1771-B112-420E-AC79-26EAF926648E_jpe-1624706.JPG
View Quote

Count it! Nicely done, my friend.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 1:43:20 PM EDT
[#40]
More pics, folks! Show us your takes on the "Tactical Lever Action."
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 1:49:07 PM EDT
[#41]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59539/C3823C74-06B1-42AC-9BD1-D549A413E4A1-1624242.jpg  

View Quote

@mousehunter

I'm very curious to see what you have planned for that Dark.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 8:48:51 PM EDT
[#42]
I picked up my 1895 Dark last week. While I was there, I mounted my Griffin Bushwacker that I am still waiting to receive my tax stamp for.  I can’t wait to shoot them both together.  I will post more pics when some of the parts  ordered arrive and I put them on.

Link Posted: 10/12/2020 9:16:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By cp9002:
I picked up my 1895 Dark last week. While I was there, I mounted my Griffin Bushwacker that I am still waiting to receive my tax stamp for.  I can’t wait to shoot them both together.  I will post more pics when some of the parts  ordered arrive and I put them on.
https://i.imgur.com/EJmgY3v.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/tiro2bO.jpg
View Quote

Niiiiice!
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 10:13:08 PM EDT
[#44]
It will be borrowing a silencer co hybrid can eventually - not sure if threads will work yet.  Stock slink is a big upgrade from the CST - but far from tactical.  I need to head out to my reloading bench in a few days and do an inventory on the reloading supplies I may or may not need to work up a load for it.
View Quote

The 44 dark has .578 threads (standard for a 45acp piston).  Hybrid comes with a 5/8 thread adaptor.  You'll need to buy a .578 "bravo" adaptor or a .578 piston and the piston lockout part (a tube to lock the piston in place).  This was a bad choice on marlin's part.  

If you want giggle quiet you need the lightest bullets, fastest powder available, and 44special brass.  180xtp and bullseye worked great for me in the 900-1000fps range.  Trailboss is great too and impossible to double charge.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 1:48:33 AM EDT
[#45]
adapter is ordered.  Went with 240gr though, hopefully I don't regret that.  Power vs sound.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 9:57:32 AM EDT
[#46]
adapter is ordered.  Went with 240gr though, hopefully I don't regret that.  Power vs sound.
View Quote

240 is fine, if you load your own it'll still be crazy quiet.  Bullseye and Trailboss are the best I've tried.  Titegroup is a close second.  I have stopped using bullseye because it is so dense - you can fit a 10x charge in a 44 mag case and a even a double charge is hard to see.  When I do use it I load a tray of 50 cases at a time and do a double take visually looking at all 50 cases to be sure they have the same powder.  A double charge is difficult to see, so be careful.  

Anything with a similar burn rate to the above 3 will be the quietest if you load to 1000fps or less. Sound increases exponentially as you approach mach 1 - don't try to get every last bit of velocity if you want to be quiet.  

I've loaded 300gr subsonic with imr4227 and it is significantly louder than the above powders. I sold my 45-70 because 510gr subsonic ammo was so much louder than my 44mag.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 3:56:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

https://i.imgur.com/ZniktuE.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Zbt2TQr.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/GTzJOrV.jpg
View Quote

@Outrider

I forgot to mention that Midwest Industries does make replacement forends for the model X's.

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/category-s/514.htm
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 7:44:49 AM EDT
[#48]
https://gunmagwarehouse.com/blog/tactical-lever-action-rifles-1892/

Here's a MI rail modded to fit a takedown Chiappa 92.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 1:31:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cardboardkiller] [#49]
Who are you guys using for cutting and threading? I have a 20” 336W I picked for $200 that I want to get chopped to 16” to run a can on, but Morgan is not doing barrel banded models right now.

I’d just buy a 336 Dark 30-30, but I’m not paying over retail for one and I have a hard time even paying retail.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:04:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Picture thread.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top