Page / 124
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 5:54:21 PM EDT
[#1]
The ones at grab a gun are OOS.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 8:18:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kanewtervalve:
Beretta has the SBR kit in stock for $560, the guys that bought the 10.5" barrels at Botach for $799 are gonna shit kittens if they see that.
Still too steep for me, $760 to sbr a $900 gun isn't going to happen for me.
View Quote

If you sub to their emails, Beretta does discounts quite often. I bought my barrel at 35% off.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:28:47 PM EDT
[#3]
PD100 is code for $100 off of $400+, for presidents day, for example...
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 7:09:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kanewtervalve] [#4]
460 is more enticing.

gone
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:33:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Uys] [#5]
Several brand new ones on GB.  Prices run from good to high.
Looked up the serial number on a new one and it says, 2021 for the approximate manufacture date.
Pumping out some SBR barrels would be nice.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 2:16:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Glad I purchased the factory sbr. Still in jail since last May, unfortunately. Anyone else waiting?
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 7:19:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frost7] [#7]
Originally Posted By kanewtervalve:
Beretta has the SBR kit in stock for $560, the guys that bought the 10.5" barrels at Botach for $799 are gonna shit kittens if they see that.
Still too steep for me, $760 to sbr a $900 gun isn't going to happen for me.
View Quote

FUCK.

I always miss this shit. I even have an in stock notification e-mail turned on for the kit and Beretta doesn't even e-mail me. Dicks.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 11:52:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I just picked one up off GB for 1259. They can be had for that if you are patient and persistent. One that sold two hours before mine went for 1425.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 11:16:12 AM EDT
[#9]
I was in their stock notification system and got the same notification that you did - nada.  Maybe it's Beretta that hates customers and not HK?
I am glad that they are making them every now and again.  I managed to get a lower from Brownells too.  It was on backorder so long that I forgot that I had ordered it.

I am not optimistic that we will see caliber conversion kits.  That was the whole reason I tried one out.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 9:03:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Uys:
I was in their stock notification system and got the same notification that you did - nada.  Maybe it's Beretta that hates customers and not HK?
I am glad that they are making them every now and again.  I managed to get a lower from Brownells too.  It was on backorder so long that I forgot that I had ordered it.

I am not optimistic that we will see caliber conversion kits.  That was the whole reason I tried one out.
View Quote

I still quietly hope for at least a .300BO barrel.
An x39 kit would be great. Eh.
Overall I'm really glad I went ahead and bought one when academy dumped them for $799 even tho I was initially meh on the gun in the beginning.
It's really grown on me.
Getting the sbr kit from Beretta for less that $400 a short time later really made it worthwhile.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 12:25:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NightOwl] [#11]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I think BerettaUSA is still just very disorganized, whereas H&K always seemed just dismissive of the commercial side.

I'm not optimistic at all, but I just bought it as a cool ambi rifle. I'd buy a 300blk barrel right off, but a 7.62X39 kit would depend on price, but the odds of either coming before we're all hiding from the zombies and/or terminators during the EndTimes is pretty slim.
Of course, suppressed 300blk would probably be obnoxious anyway, so not a big deal.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 12:37:38 PM EDT
[#12]
My LGS had one when I was there today.  $1259 for it.  It seemed like a nice gun.  I was tempted.  At less than $1000, it would have been a steal.  I would have bought it for sure.  I passed on it.

Getting these for $700-900 seems crazy.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 9:48:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Beretta!
Put a 10.5" barrel in stockless ARX-100 and call it a pistol.

We'll take it from there.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 4:23:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I just picked up my rifle and had a question about the magazine supplied by Beretta. Inside was an ASC marked mag. Is this correct? I thought they shipped with Beretta magazine.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 5:59:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#15]
Originally Posted By wreckless:
I just picked up my rifle and had a question about the magazine supplied by Beretta. Inside was an ASC marked mag. Is this correct? I thought they shipped with Beretta magazine.  Thanks in advance.
View Quote

That's odd... Should have come with the Beretta magazine.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 7:21:04 PM EDT
[#16]
I think the dealer screwed me.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:37:43 PM EDT
[#17]
I think the dealer screwed me.
View Quote

It's certainly possible, of course, but I doubt anyone would switch out a magazine to save the Beretta magazine. They've been out of stock of magazines for a while, so maybe that's it.

Unless he had like, a used one he sold as new that was traded in without the proper magazine, but hard to claim that without proof.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:22:05 PM EDT
[#18]
I just bought my Arx last week and it came with a ASC mag.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:47:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Beretta is Really cheaping out then.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 11:05:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By HellioN:

I still quietly hope for at least a .300BO barrel.
An x39 kit would be great. Eh.
Overall I'm really glad I went ahead and bought one when academy dumped them for $799 even tho I was initially meh on the gun in the beginning.
It's really grown on me.
Getting the sbr kit from Beretta for less that $400 a short time later really made it worthwhile.
View Quote

This I would not mind. I don't have anything in .300BO... but I've got a can that will work with that. An inexpensive(ish)barrel I can swap out in my ARX in like 3 seconds would be neat.

Well, that and a return of cheap ammo... but I'm not going to hold my breath.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 11:18:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Wish I could swap the barrel in 3 seconds. Damn arthritis!
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:06:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CFII] [#22]
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:27:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Watching Zero Zero Zero on Prime right now thinking I should pick one of these up. Definitely would have to SBR it though. If Berettas execs could pull their heads out of their asses and offer a pistol version it would fly off shelves, even at 1300-1400 or so. Aftermarket would probably pay attention also.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:18:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By fivepointoh:
Watching Zero Zero Zero on Prime right now thinking I should pick one of these up. Definitely would have to SBR it though. If Berettas execs could pull their heads out of their asses and offer a pistol version it would fly off shelves, even at 1300-1400 or so. Aftermarket would probably pay attention also.
View Quote

Are pistols versions of things really that popular? A pistol version of the ARX has never been of any interest to me at all... I'm not saying Beretta shouldn't do it, but am I the odd one out?

I'd like to have an ARX with the short barrel myself, but not if I had to sacrifice the stock for it and I certainly would never go the brace route even if one was available.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 12:37:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:

Are pistols versions of things really that popular? A pistol version of the ARX has never been of any interest to me at all... I'm not saying Beretta shouldn't do it, but am I the odd one out?

I'd like to have an ARX with the short barrel myself, but not if I had to sacrifice the stock for it and I certainly would never go the brace route even if one was available.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fivepointoh:

If someone were to adapt a tail hook mod or blade to the standard ARX stock, it would still look aesthetically pleasing IMO. But honestly, buy ARX for $12-1300 now, $900 SBR kit, plus $200 stamp, versus pistol for $12-1500 plus $150ish or so brace, and not having to deal with wait times or state line restrictions....
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 1:09:15 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

The thing is, they did a pistol version of the 22lr ARX160. So this part is for the 22lr:

Now, imagine that, but with a pic rail on it.

Even if you don't want to brace it, you could attach an AR stock via pic rail adapter to SBR it. Or, get a cap like that for your rifle to have a variety of stocks to choose from.

Likewise, to SBR it, you'd just need to buy a stock, rather than a $500 barrel.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:37:45 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Mine had a B stamped on them. They were all steel. I bought my rifle from Botach. When it arrived it only had one magazine in it. The box said it was supposed to come with two. When I called Botach and asked about it, the CS rep said that what they sent what was all I was going to get and I should call Beretta. I did and they asked for the serial number of my rifle and confirmed it was supposed to have two. They sent me one by UPS. I suspect Botach pulled one and sold it separately.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:39:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By NightOwl:

The thing is, they did a pistol version of the 22lr ARX160. So this part is for the 22lr:
https://www.berettausa.com/assets/0/15/DimLarge/ARX-160-22-574104.jpg

Even if you don't want to brace it, you could attach an AR stock via pic rail adapter to SBR it. Or, get a cap like that for your rifle to have a variety of stocks to choose from.

View Quote

AR stocks on anything but an AR usually makes me gag just a little, but I certainly see the point and why it would be a somewhat decent solution.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:56:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Firecop203:

Mine had a B stamped on them. They were all steel. I bought my rifle from Botach. When it arrived it only had one magazine in it. The box said it was supposed to come with two. When I called Botach and asked about it, the CS rep said that what they sent what was all I was going to get and I should call Beretta. I did and they asked for the serial number of my rifle and confirmed it was supposed to have two. They sent me one by UPS. I suspect Botach pulled one and sold it separately.
View Quote

That is really shady behavior.  I'm glad that Beretta made it right.  I wonder if they'll address this with Botach or others in the distribution chain.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:51:10 PM EDT
[#30]

AR stocks on anything but an AR usually makes me gag just a little, but I certainly see the point and why it would be a somewhat decent solution.
View Quote

The ones I like is where they use the buffer tube as a storage system. I think Midwest Industries has one now, and VLTOR had one. I don't have either, since none of my guns have an AR stock except for AR's, but a lot of folks complained about the ARX100 stock in length and feel, so it'd be a solution for that.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:50:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Firecop203:

View Quote

When was yours built? Mine was 2021 which would make it a January build. You can find out by by using Beretta’s search at the following link

https://www.berettasupport.com/applications/tech_data/schematics_search_new.htm
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:54:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#32]
Y'all can bitch about receiver end caps.  I just want that .308 variant.

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:39:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#33]

The ones I like is where they use the buffer tube as a storage system. I think Midwest Industries has one now, and VLTOR had one. I don't have either, since none of my guns have an AR stock except for AR's, but a lot of folks complained about the ARX100 stock in length and feel, so it'd be a solution for that.
View All Quotes

It would still definitely look off, but using the AR buffer tube as a storage compartment is a great use of otherwise wasted space on guns that really have no use for the buffer tube other than to hold the stock.

I'm always confused about what types of giants find the ARX stock a bit too short? I'm 6'2" and with the stock fully extended it seems just a bit too long, though I prefer A1 length stocks on ARs.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:45:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

https://www.armietiro.it/files/articoli/8/1/9/8199/B_il-battle-rifle-di-beretta_1.jpg
View Quote

So weird they went with Keymod on those... Definitely should have went MLOK, though I'm not a fan of M-LOK either.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:38:43 AM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

Are those caps available anywhere?
Mine is an SBR but opening up the possibility of different stocks is cool.
Both my ARX100 (academy) & 10.5 barrel (Direct from Beretta) only came with one magazine. Never put a magnet to them but they feel heavy like steel.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 3:50:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dump1567] [#36]
A local GS got one in a few weeks ago and had it listed for $1245.  Which I thought was pretty cheap considering GB prices.  I looked it over yesterday and liked the ambi-features, as I'm a lefty.  This morning I started watching one of MAC's videos on these.  He showed how easy it was to convert the CH & remove the barrel.  But when he pushed a button for lefty ejection, I was sold.  Called the shop and told them to hold it for me as I would be on the way to pick it up.  It was the only one they had in, and I was surprised how long it lasted.  But these are pretty goofy looking.  And most current shoppers I see are picking-up AR's & AK's.

Mine is a 2021 production & came with one ASC mag, soft case, and a very useable quick adj. sling.  (Unlike my Sig MCX I picked-up recently that came with a 3-point sling?)

I really didn't want to spend the money, but who knows what the future holds.  And how many lefty eject rifles are available by pushing a button.  Or barrels this easy to change?

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 5:43:33 PM EDT
[#37]

Both my ARX100 (academy) & 10.5 barrel (Direct from Beretta) only came with one magazine. Never put a magnet to them but they feel heavy like steel.
View Quote

That cap is from the Berettausa website, but it's for the 22lr ARX100 and I don't know if there's anything interchangeable at all. It doesn't have a pic rail, I was just using it as an example.

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-arx160-22lr-end-cap/574104/

On sale for $9...
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Congrats on the pickup, that is a great price for these times. And thank you for also confirming Beretta’s switch to cheap ASC mags.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 7:54:05 PM EDT
[#39]

That cap is from the Berettausa website, but it's for the 22lr ARX100 and I don't know if there's anything interchangeable at all. It doesn't have a pic rail, I was just using it as an example.

On sale for $9...
View All Quotes

On sale for $9...

Eh, cheap enough and I wanted a few other things.
Just enough for free shipping.
I'll see if it fits and if so I'll try to attach a pic rail to it.
Let you know how it goes.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:47:13 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

You order the lower rail and the oversized bolt handle also?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:31:09 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

Finally, been meaning to get those things for a while.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 7:48:07 PM EDT
[#42]

So weird they went with Keymod on those... Definitely should have went MLOK, though I'm not a fan of M-LOK either.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

https://www.armietiro.it/files/articoli/8/1/9/8199/B_il-battle-rifle-di-beretta_1.jpg

The tradeoff is less weight & a slimmer profile. European makers seem to have more of an affinity for Keymod, for whatever reason.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:09:50 AM EDT
[#43]

When was yours built? Mine was 2021 which would make it a January build. You can find out by by using Beretta’s search at the following link

https://www.berettasupport.com/applications/tech_data/schematics_search_new.htm
View Quote

It says 2014, LE model with 2 magazines.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:28:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By dump1567:
A local GS got one in a few weeks ago and had it listed for $1245.  Which I thought was pretty cheap considering GB prices.  I looked it over yesterday and liked the ambi-features, as I'm a lefty.  This morning I started watching one of MAC's videos on these.  He showed how easy it was to convert the CH & remove the barrel.  But when he pushed a button for lefty ejection, I was sold.  Called the shop and told them to hold it for me as I would be on the way to pick it up.  It was the only one they had in, and I was surprised how long it lasted.  But these are pretty goofy looking.  And most current shoppers I see are picking-up AR's & AK's.

Mine is a 2021 production & came with one ASC mag, soft case, and a very useable quick adj. sling.  (Unlike my Sig MCX I picked-up recently that came with a 3-point sling?)

I really didn't want to spend the money, but who knows what the future holds.  And how many lefty eject rifles are available by pushing a button.  Or barrels this easy to change?

https://i.imgur.com/nVsyEWW.jpg
View Quote

Disassemble it and you'll see how clever and simple the left/right ejection system really is.

I DO wish the ARX looked better, but the operating system is hella clever.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 6:38:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By dump1567:

https://i.imgur.com/nVsyEWW.jpg
View Quote

It took 40 years (literally) for a majority of current shoppers to wake up to ARs and stop buying Mini-14s and 30-30s and shit. If you want to run with the pack you'll forever be WAY behind the curve.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:54:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Frost7:

It took 40 years (literally) for a majority of current shoppers to wake up to ARs and stop buying Mini-14s and 30-30s and shit. If you want to run with the pack you'll forever be WAY behind the curve.
View Quote

Herd mentality is for followers.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:53:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Beretta ships their accessories very fast. Ordered and received in three days. Very nice to install the oversized bolt handle and pic rail.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:33:53 PM EDT
[#48]
I put 56 rounds of Wolf Gold through the "Tactical Tuna" today (are we calling it that?).  Being a lefty, I had it set-up for left ejection.  But soon realized I was ejecting into a mesquite bush that would make brass recovery difficult.  A quick push of the button, and I was ejecting to the right.  No issue with brass ejecting to the right as a lefty & was getting a 1 to 2 o'clock ejection pattern.  Recoil was a little more than expected.  I had one failure to eject with a brass case getting stuck between the bolt face and the front of the left side ejection port.  This left a permanent brass burn mark in the plastic (see pic).  Overall I like the rifle and appreciate the ambidextrousness of it as a lefty.

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:57:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Well hopefully someone here can help me out. Bought one in April thanks to this thread. I've maybe put 3-4 magazines through it. Decided to change to a different optic and was sighting it in today. While doing so I had what seems like a out of battery round go off. I've never had this in the 30+ years I've been shooting, it really woke me up. Face is cut up from the brass flying apart. ALWAYS WEAR SAFETY GLASSES. I got home and disassembled the gun. The bolt just doesn't seem right but I can't find any detailed pictures online. Hopefully someone here can post some close ups of their bolt. I can't even get the bolt apart now, just seems odd it could get damaged where it is. Also the 2 rear springs, one is bent which doesn't seem right either. Not a fun day at the range.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:06:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By samuelsmithbeer:
Well hopefully someone here can help me out. Bought one in April thanks to this thread. I've maybe put 3-4 magazines through it. Decided to change to a different optic and was sighting it in today. While doing so I had what seems like a out of battery round go off. I've never had this in the 30+ years I've been shooting, it really woke me up. Face is cut up from the brass flying apart. ALWAYS WEAR SAFETY GLASSES. I got home and disassembled the gun. The bolt just doesn't seem right but I can't find any detailed pictures online. Hopefully someone here can post some close ups of their bolt. I can't even get the bolt apart now, just seems odd it could get damaged where it is. Also the 2 rear springs, one is bent which doesn't seem right either. Not a fun day at the range.
View Quote

I can't help on pics, but I would contact Beretta for return warranty service.  I've had good luck with manufacturers taking care of rifle issues.  Glad your ok.
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top