Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 124
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 9:12:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I would check to see on the lower forums if a Form 4 is still taking over a year. If you could wait you wouldn't have to worry about the engraving and I'm sure
whoever the dealer is would walk you through it, my first form 4 dealer walked me through it and double checked my paperwork before I filed. I think you'll
be happier in the long run if your heart is set on an SBR.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 6:00:10 AM EDT
[#2]
What optic mount height is preferred? Im guessing a low mount? I have a few aimpoint micros laying around that need homes on rifles
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 10:52:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Uys:
Wouldn't the dealer, an SOT to receive the SBR, have to have it removed from the active NFA registry before transferring it to a individual as a firearm?  Without the 10 inch barrel, of course.
Then a Form 1 and engraving would have to be done to get it back on the NFA registry?
View Quote

From what i understand, this is the actual common practice for the PRIVATE sale of an existing SBR, but the issue is whether or not a licenced online dealer would be willing to go the same route.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 11:33:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Superabound:

From what i understand, this is the actual common practice for the PRIVATE sale of an existing SBR, but the issue is whether or not a licenced online dealer would be willing to go the same route.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Uys:
Wouldn't the dealer, an SOT to receive the SBR, have to have it removed from the active NFA registry before transferring it to a individual as a firearm?  Without the 10 inch barrel, of course.
Then a Form 1 and engraving would have to be done to get it back on the NFA registry?

I am guessing that ATFE might notice a trend if firearms were removed from the active registry on X-date and a Form 1 filed, to return them to the active registry, on Y-date.  I also agree that an SOT wouldn't want to mess with that.  Probably something about "intent" to skirt NFA registry requirements, who knows.  I figure if it was kosher then it'd be common place to get around the big difference between Form 1 and Form 4 wait times.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 2:08:04 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote

I know plenty of stories of folks removing an SBR from the registry and selling it as normal firearm, but not with the intent for the buyer to then return it to an SBR.

The issue for the main thing would be if you remove it from the registry, and then had possession of the barrel and gun at the same time. And of course, even if legal, it'd be up to a dealer if he wanted to do such.

Legality wise, it's the same $200 tax, so not tax evasion. As long as you're following all laws, it should be fine. But, of course, engraving for the form1 and stuff.

I don't think you're required to get return notice from ATF that it's been delisted, but if I were a dealer I'd certainly do so before selling it as a non-NFA gun, and that might take a few months too.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 7:40:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By NightOwl:I don't think you're required to get return notice from ATF that it's been delisted, but if I were a dealer I'd certainly do so before selling it as a non-NFA gun, and that might take a few months too.
View Quote

If you’re referring to the acknowledgment of your correspondence to remove an item for the purview of the NFA, it has previously taken them over a year to acknowledge mine.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 8:49:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By NightOwl:

I know plenty of stories of folks removing an SBR from the registry and selling it as normal firearm, but not with the intent for the buyer to then return it to an SBR.

The issue for the main thing would be if you remove it from the registry, and then had possession of the barrel and gun at the same time. And of course, even if legal, it'd be up to a dealer if he wanted to do such.

Legality wise, it's the same $200 tax, so not tax evasion. As long as you're following all laws, it should be fine. But, of course, engraving for the form1 and stuff.

I don't think you're required to get return notice from ATF that it's been delisted, but if I were a dealer I'd certainly do so before selling it as a non-NFA gun, and that might take a few months too.
View Quote

With the well known greed and taxation of the government, I’d think they’d be in favor of it. It would be an extra $200.00 per item to re-register an SBR after it was removed from the registry.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 12:52:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:

If you’re referring to the acknowledgment of your correspondence to remove an item for the purview of the NFA, it has previously taken them over a year to acknowledge mine.
View All Quotes

Yeah, like I said I don't think it is required, but I certainly think a dealer would want it for their NFA records, given inspections.
A bit ago, Arms Unlimited had registered Colt 14.5" barrel SBR guns used, for $550ish I think it was. I wanted an upper for an SBR I already had. So I bought it, and was going to have the dealer remove it from the NFA and such then sell the Colt lower. The dealer is a Colt guy, so we bartered since he wanted the SBR for himself. I got a brand new 14.5" upper and some other stuff.

So we never did de-NFA the gun, so not sure timeframe on anything.

Originally Posted By Firecop203:

With the well known greed and taxation of the government, I’d think they’d be in favor of it. It would be an extra $200.00 per item to re-register an SBR after it was removed from the registry.

You wouldn't pay a $200 stamp to remove from registry. You'd pay $200 F1/Making rather than $200 F4/Transfer, so no gain or loss, just time difference.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 8:11:19 AM EDT
[#9]
My wording was off. I know it doesn’t cost anything to remove an item from the registry. It does for another person to re-register as an SBR.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 3:47:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I know we hate Botach, but sbr is 810 after TRUMP2020 code.
SMoking deal if you dont mind waiting.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 2:41:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By JsbsMarine:
View Quote

Probably why they have the 10" barrels at $799, so they get rid of the SBRs first.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 4:27:25 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Are they in stock though? I saw that but passed it up knowing their propensity for selling things they don’t have possession of, or even an ETA for.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 3:13:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I took a carbine class this weekend and shot my ARX.  All I could find to shoot was Barnaul steel case. It was a bit underpowered and I had a couple of failure to extract/double feeds. I bumped up the gas setting and it functioned fine after that with the exception of a failure to extract on the last round of a mag. Otherwise, the gun shot great.

Link Posted: 10/5/2020 6:40:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I have noticed the used prices on ARXs have started to rise. These rifles would sell well now in the $1300 range. Hopefully beretta will start up production again.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 7:28:17 PM EDT
[#15]
They need to come out with the .308 model as well.  Modern gen .30 cal market needs some luvin'.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 1:59:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Can anyone confirm if they're still being manufactured here in the United States? Even periodically like the CX4 Storm? Correct me if this is not the case.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 2:18:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Terraericthys:
Can anyone confirm if they're still being manufactured here in the United States? Even periodically like the CX4 Storm? Correct me if this is not the case.
View Quote

The Storm hasn't been available for at least 4 years over here and it's made in Italy. I haven't heard anywhere that the ARX is discontinued or unavailable to civilians so
as far as I know, maybe someone has some insider info.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:06:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#18]
Originally Posted By kanewtervalve:

The Storm hasn't been available for at least 4 years over here and it's made in Italy. I haven't heard anywhere that the ARX is discontinued or unavailable to civilians so
View All Quotes

I think production of anything ARX related in America has been completely halted since the Coronavirus broke out. Even spare parts going to Brownells has been really spotty with absolutely ridiculous wait times, almost like spare parts are coming via a very slow boat from Italy... Though I know that all ARX-100 parts are made in America (supposedly).

I still have two backordered (for nearly a year now) hexagonal inserts, a few hammer and trigger pins and a couple of right side hammer springs that I need to get... Last time I ordered hammer springs (both left and right) Brownells sent me two left side hammer springs, but one of the bags said right side hammer spring at least.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 4:58:56 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

I saw a video earlier this year of a "Gen 2" CX4 from Italy.  FDE/coyote color like the ARX, factory threaded barrel.  Wish something like that was available here.

Link Posted: 11/16/2020 2:10:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Am I crazy, but I think my arx recoils more abruptly than my ar's
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 7:25:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By thocomehome:Am I crazy, but I think my arx recoils more abruptly than my ar's
View Quote

No, and I keep telling myself it needs to do that for the ejector to work correctly, but I don’t know, still seems excessive.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 12:58:08 PM EDT
[#22]

No, and I keep telling myself it needs to do that for the ejector to work correctly, but I don’t know, still seems excessive.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thocomehome:Am I crazy, but I think my arx recoils more abruptly than my ar's

Y'all got the gas valve wide open?

Mine recoils about the same as a AR mid-length gas system of the same weight when the gas plug is in the "regular" position.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 7:33:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By homeyclaus:Y'all got the gas valve wide open?
View Quote

This doesn’t make sense to me as I’m unfamiliar with a “wide open” setting. Can you explain?

Mine is horizontal, circle facing up like a saucer sitting on a table.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 8:27:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Wide open lets more gas escape, less recoil. Use for weak ammo or dirty gun. Manual that came with the gun should show you.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 10:05:54 AM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

Good luck with that.

That’s exactly who I ordered my ARX SBR from.

Months later I had the regular rifle arrive,
A massive argument on the phone about why it was a regular rifle and not a SBR,
Full of shit lies why they had no SBRs,
A month or so expired FFL messing up return,
Months of no refund until CC stepped in...
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:24:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By thocomehome:
Am I crazy, but I think my arx recoils more abruptly than my ar's
View Quote

Mine definitely punches a bit more than the ARs I've shot on the same range trips.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 7:50:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By kanewtervalve:Wide open lets more gas escape, less recoil. Use for weak ammo or dirty gun. Manual that came with the gun should show you.
View Quote

Again, this makes no sense to me. No gas escapes on the ARX based on the setting, in one setting it uses the first gas port for a single push to the carrier (normal), in the other setting it allows gas from the second gas port to provide an additional push (adverse). I’m using the normal setting, I described the orientation in my previous post for the least recoil, and relatively speaking it’s harder than most other 5.56 rifles.

So, what are you guys talking about?!?
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 11:05:52 AM EDT
[#28]

Again, this makes no sense to me. No gas escapes on the ARX based on the setting, in one setting it uses the first gas port for a single push to the carrier (normal), in the other setting it allows gas from the second gas port to provide an additional push (adverse). I’m using the normal setting, I described the orientation in my previous post for the least recoil, and relatively speaking it’s harder than most other 5.56 rifles.

View Quote

It sounds like you've got a correct understanding of the gas settings to me... I can't say I've noticed a huge difference in recoil between my ARXs and my ARs, but I've never really compared them side by side. Though it's important to realize that the ARX is a piston gun and those are known to have a bit more recoil.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 7:04:12 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

I stand corrected, was not aware that the ARX was different from other piston rifles, i.e., FAL
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 8:12:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Is the arx a 1600 dollar gun new? - the used ones are going for 1350 on gun broker- guess these are the last ones left before the laws change?
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 11:40:38 PM EDT
[#31]
A great deal at $900.   An OK deal at $1600, considering the ambi-ness.  Mine has been very reliable with brass and steel.  It is great as an SBR.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 7:18:59 AM EDT
[#32]
It is very unlikely you are going to find one at $900 these days. That was the going price when distributors were brooming these out. Normal price prior to that was $1400-$1,500. Now with limited availability a NIB is going to go for whatever someone in this crazy market is willing to pay. Good luck in your search.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 11:09:02 AM EDT
[#33]
And I forgot to mention again how bad it sucks shooting suppressed.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 11:48:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Was bored and stippled the rail cover.

Link Posted: 11/25/2020 1:11:12 PM EDT
[#35]
nicely done
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 1:50:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By ramairthree:
View Quote

We're taking care of that problem real soon..
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 6:30:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Anyone's interested, I'm selling off one of my two spare ARX-100s with ShootingSight trigger installed on GunBroker to fund a Steyr AUG. Ends tonight. Can't link because it's against CoC, but pretty easy to find.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 11:27:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Frost7:
Anyone's interested, I'm selling off one of my two spare ARX-100s with ShootingSight trigger installed on GunBroker to fund a Steyr AUG. Ends tonight. Can't link because it's against CoC, but pretty easy to find.
View Quote

So, how much did you get for it?
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 7:08:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By BorderDave:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BorderDave:
Originally Posted By Frost7:

$1420. Not happy with that sale price at all considering others have gone for that WITHOUT a $215 trigger installed and piles of out of stock factory extras, but whatever. Guess I should have tried the EE first but I already bought the AUG because there was literally 1 of the model I wanted left in stock in the entire US and want to pay it back off my AMEX. Oh well.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 8:31:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By LOS:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LOS:
Originally Posted By ramairthree:

I want to hear more.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 4:04:46 PM EDT
[#41]
I have a 10.25'' barrel kit for sale in EE if anyone is interested.

Here
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 4:05:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Next time one of you has a 10.25" barrel, sell it to me before you put it on the EE.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:27:31 PM EDT
[#43]
It is a pleasure to shoot with OSS Helix
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:32:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1888mustang] [#44]
delete
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:01:28 PM EDT
[#45]
@Frost7

PM me, your inbox is full.  I may have something for you.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:43:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By hammermill290:
@Frost7

PM me, your inbox is full.  I may have something for you.
View Quote

@hammermill290

Whoops! I guess that's what happens when I don't delete anything for five years.

Cleared it out.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 9:26:41 AM EDT
[#47]
ARX100s are back in stock at a few places... GrabAGun, Tooele Shooting Supplys, and Omaha Outdoors.

So Beretta must still be making them on a limited basis.  The bad thing is due to the current environment they're back at their original street price of around $1,600.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 9:45:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Zeebz:
ARX100s are back in stock at a few places... GrabAGun, Tooele Shooting Supplys, and Omaha Outdoors.

So Beretta must still be making them on a limited basis.  The bad thing is due to the current environment they're back at their original street price of around $1,600.
View Quote

They were an absolute steal at 800-900, hopefully most who wanted one took advantage.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 12:56:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zeebz] [#49]
Originally Posted By jmftexas:

They were an absolute steal at 800-900, hopefully most who wanted one took advantage.
View Quote

Yeah they were.  Great guns with a military pedigree.  It's just too bad Beretta never came through on the caliber conversion kits and stuff.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 3:14:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Beretta has the SBR kit in stock for $560, the guys that bought the 10.5" barrels at Botach for $799 are gonna shit kittens if they see that.
Still too steep for me, $760 to sbr a $900 gun isn't going to happen for me.
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top