Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2019 9:41:28 AM EDT
I'm looking for something that is just a blast to take out to the range and hit steel with. I've played with a CZ Scorpion and it was still just too big to just put on a sling and drape around neck/shoulder comfortably. The Flux and USW/320 look interesting, but as much as they would serve their purpose, don't look like I'd want to spend a day at the range with one, maybe they are too small. Maybe the CMMG Banshee would do the trick, but I haven't put my hands on one. Maybe I need to check out an old school UZI mini or micro. Any other ideas out there? TIA

***eta: Suppression capability is desired. (As much as that does go against the lightweight/compact idea)

Link Posted: 2/1/2019 9:58:17 AM EDT
[#1]
B&T TP9
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 10:06:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
B&T TP9
View Quote
Nice!

Link Posted: 2/1/2019 10:42:18 AM EDT
[#3]
There’s 1 good choice

2nd TP9
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 10:48:33 AM EDT
[#4]
My take on PCC-  sure, they're fun enough, but I'm not paying much money to shoot 9mm from a rifle.  Kel-Tec S2K has been surprisingly reliable, while being cheap.  Are all the higher cost options nicer?- You bet.  But, they still just shoot 9mm.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 10:52:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
B&T TP9
View Quote
This guy knows what's up.

Not my pictures, just sharing the sexiness:

Back up to the Scorpion size, but if you don't want to be stuck with a proprietary can, there's the GHM9:

Link Posted: 2/1/2019 12:38:15 PM EDT
[#6]
B&T is a bit sporty for a range toy,I bought an Extar for $420 and it is one of my favorite guns
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 12:40:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 2:29:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm waiting for their 45 version. Been on the email list for months now

@OP
MP5K would also be an awesome choice as noted above. PTR is releasing one very soon. More suppressor options with the 3lug+threaded barrel vs the TP9.

The TP9 is awesomely small though.
I'd know
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 3:37:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Firecontrolunit X-01 Chassis for the P320 FCG module.  Locked breech like the TP9, but with much better suppressor options/dynamics, a more modular format (MLOK front, Picatinny top & rear), and a more svelt & polished package than a RONI strap-on solution.  Costs like 700$, too (~$500 if you already own a P320)

Link Posted: 2/1/2019 11:37:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Compact
Lightweight
Glock Mags
Glock reliability.
Low cost
Accurate.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 11:38:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I really like the Fire Control Unit for the P320 (now in my personal consideration), and it can be had for use with a suppressor.

As much as I like the RONI, not sure if the new versions offer suppressor use, but it's one of the less expensive pistol-brace options.

Another inexpensive, and svelte options is the new Flux brace for Glocks.

Moving up the chain, I'm picking up a GHM9 Compact for my return home gift; already have a folding arm brace with Tailhook.  I also have the MPX-K model that really like, but it's not the most compact; still has excellent features.  While SBR is typically the better option, the collapsible brace on my MPX K is excellent.

A little more on the high side would be B&T's TP9 or USW, both are better suited to going the NFA route.

They're all fun, it just depends on how much you want to spend and if you want to go with a brace or straight to SBR...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 12:06:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Love my Uzi SBR but I don't think it fits the category of lightweight.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:50:40 PM EDT
[#13]
YMMV, but I saw a guy pop himself in the face deploying that Flex brace thing at SHOT.  Bear it in mind.  At least the spring is not strong enough to injure anything but your pride, or launch the gun out of your hands.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 4:03:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I really like the Fire Control Unit for the P320 (now in my personal consideration), and it can be had for use with a suppressor.

As much as I like the RONI, not sure if the new versions offer suppressor use, but it's one of the less expensive pistol-brace options.

Another inexpensive, and svelte options is the new Flux brace for Glocks.

Moving up the chain, I'm picking up a GHM9 Compact for my return home gift; already have a folding arm brace with Tailhook.  I also have the MPX-K model that really like, but it's not the most compact; still has excellent features.  While SBR is typically the better option, the collapsible brace on my MPX K is excellent.

A little more on the high side would be B&T's TP9 or USW, both are better suited to going the NFA route.

They're all fun, it just depends on how much you want to spend and if you want to go with a brace or straight to SBR...

ROCK6
View Quote
What I'm waiting for, is the Type B (the pistol formerly known as the Stryk B, formerly known as the Stryk 2) from Archon (the importer formerly known as Arsenal) which is a German-made (formerly Russian, formerly Italian) handgun --whew-- with a very low bore axis and an in-line barrel lockup system to come in.

You see, the Type B has a drop-in trigger system much like the SIG, but overall seems better suited to silencer use.  There is so little friction involved in unlocking the breech, you generally don't need a Nielsen device, and since it's all in-line, getting clearance for the can is easier.  Add to that a striker that can be cleaned up to quite respectable quality (the Strike One was well liked as a competition gun).  Once that gun comes in & I get one, I will design & fabricate a similar plastic frame as the X-01 for it, only fixing the couple of things I think that platform still flubbed (like the integral/permanent tubes for the telescoping stock)

GHM9s gonna be nicer shooting than the TP9.  It's quite a bit larger & heavier though, so keep that in mind.  You'll love the grasshopper mouse, regardless; very nice setup.

An alternative to the GHM that *really* impressed me at SHOT was the Grand Power Stribog.  If they bring in the version with the non-reciprocating charging handle, and "someone" develops a lower that takes Scorpion mags, it might actually squeek ahead of the B&T.  The hydraulic recoil buffer & ball-bearing-smooth action are nice, but a stationary handle on a compact two-handed weapon is a significant advantage.  Safety Harbor is even making fairly nice (believe it or not) picatinny backplates for them, along with stocks & braces.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 4:26:33 PM EDT
[#15]
So far my Ruger PCC is probably the most fun but far from lightweight. My KelTecs are lightweight but have some shortcomings. Just ordered a USW Sig chassis and had never seen the FLEX before this thread. Always wanted a TP9 but don't like the proprietary can. Will probably end up with one anyway down the road at some point.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 7:53:07 PM EDT
[#16]
B&T APC9 Pro is going to be awesome and available soon. It’s on the higher price side. Ambi non-reciprocating charging handle. Accepts AR15 grips. APC/TP9 mag or Glock mag lower, or get both lowers. It’s probably going to feel heavy if you felt this about the scorpion.

B&T ghm9 is excellent. Gives most of the attributes of the original APC9 but at a lower price point. Used to have limited stock option, but this has been rectified by B&T.

B&T TP9 is awesome. Easily my favorite PDW. Super compact, fun to shoot, concealable, light. The TP9-N is the model to buy. The TP9/MP9 suppressor used to be a one-trick pony, but B&T now makes a 3-lug adapter to use on the MP5 series. The can is excellent, large volume, coaxial design that looks big but is actually quite lightweight.

MP5K-N or MP5-N are also excellent, but if you find the Scorpion too heavy to wear and shoot all day, the stamped steel roller delay blowback is going to feel even heavier.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 7:13:09 PM EDT
[#17]
I ALSO want a lightweight 9mm gun with a brace that I can put a suppressor on.  I'll also be putting an ACRO P1 on it.

HOWEVER, my budget is $1,000 (maybe $1,200)....so....all the B&Ts are pretty much out of range even though the TP9 and new APC9 PRO both look great. The SIG Copperhead may come down to my price range used, but I've heard the MPX's don't suppress well. The PSA MP5s might be in my price range, but (a) I'm not sure they'll be 100% gtg, and (b) it is a bit heavier than I'd like.

I DO have a G19 I'm not using much any more (but will never sell), so the new RONIs--and copies--look enticing, though I'd have to dremel them and get an extended barrel to use a suppressor (and who knows if that would be 100% reliable).

I HAVE seen a brace-adapter for the USW...so once I confirm it works, I may look at getting the USW kit for Glock (if it works with a 19) or getting the USW module for a SIG P320 (this would give me an excuse to get an X-Compact for the firing module).
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 8:49:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Updated photo.:

Link Posted: 2/6/2019 9:27:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeah.  I watched the evolution of this Roni.
The GEN4 Roni looks like it'd need less modification; however, it would still require the barrel opening to be cut away and a longer barrel in my G19.4. The reliability with a can may or may not be there (even with lighter gen3 springs and a recoil-guide rod adapter).

I'm leaning towards the 320 with a USW kit and a tailhook adapter...but I sure wish I could afford a TP9 or APC9 PRO.

The B&T GHM9 is almost affordable, but then you have to add like $400-$600 for the brace adapter.

Perhaps I should wait and see how the PSA MP5Ks pan out...I'm not a roller-lock fan (they seem tough to maintain); however, at a likely street price of $1K, it's priced right.  And the K-models probably weigh less than 5.5lbs.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 7:45:30 PM EDT
[#20]
If you don’t mind going the SBR route, B&T has the Glock version of their USW coming like ..... any day now. I bought a USW-A1 because I did the braced Glock thing and love everything about it but the frame flex. The USW is so solid and well executed I’ll be switching the braced Glock over to the B&T chassis as soon as I can get one.

These really are fullsized handguns that you can holster and turn into a carbine when you need it. They aren’t heavy, and they work a lot better than they have any right to as a carbine.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 7:36:26 AM EDT
[#21]
What I was gonna suggest.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 4:11:28 PM EDT
[#22]
All my pistols are on the budget end of the spectrum (Evo, PAK 9, AR 9mm, SUB2k, ATI MP40, PPS-43 9mm) and for light & compact, my Roni Stab with a Glock G32 is hands down lightest & shortest package. And if you already have a donor pistol, it's cheap. And you get to pick your caliber.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 12:02:18 PM EDT
[#23]
As mentioned above, you want the B&T Universal Service Weapon - USW-A1. It is also awesome looking with an Osprey 9 mounted.

B&T USW-A1

Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:02:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Love mine just sighted in last weekend. Super accurate no change in POI with my 9K. Waiting on my damn F1 still.

Quoted:
As mentioned above, you want the B&T Universal Service Weapon - USW-A1. It is also awesome looking with an Osprey 9 mounted.

B&T USW-A1

https://files.bt-ag.ch/r/image/big/31859/3%20USW-A1%20mit%20SD%20rechts.png
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:20:20 PM EDT
[#25]
both of these answers is the right answer. anything else is hogwash
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:32:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

B&T USW-A1

View Quote
Quoted:
Love mine just sighted in last weekend. Super accurate no change in POI with my 9K. Waiting on my damn F1 still.

http://alaskashooters.com/forsale/newest/USW-A1.jpg
View Quote
I wish the Sig version had the ability to mount a micro dot in the same place.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 10:31:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
B&T TP9
View Quote
+1

This has been one of my favorite PCCs.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 9:03:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

B&T USW-A1

View Quote
Those are pretty nice
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 9:25:47 PM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 2/17/2019 9:58:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Scorpion hands down.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 10:50:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 6:42:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Those are pretty nice
View Quote
Very high quality gun, and the coolest i own. Not my favorite yet, but it’s a damned nice piece.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 12:47:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Out of all my PPC's, the Vz61 is the most fun, and universally loved by everyone that has shot it
Followed by the PS90, then the MP5Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 12:53:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Will add to the poster above. People love shooting my VZ61 sbr. Cheap and easy to SBR.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 1:18:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Will add to the poster above. People love shooting my VZ61 sbr. Cheap and easy to SBR.
View Quote
Those are 32 right?
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 1:27:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Yes, but they are also available in .380 and 9x18
Czechpoint USA also has them with threaded barrels or a forward rail section (but for some reason not both)
There is an AR15 tube adapter for them as well
Custom Smith Manufacturing  also makes a neat tailhook adapter for it as well
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 1:32:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 3:21:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Yes, but they are also available in .380 and 9x18
Czechpoint USA also has them with threaded barrels or a forward rail section (but for some reason not both)
There is an AR15 tube adapter for them as well
Custom Smith Manufacturing  also makes a neat tailhook adapter for it as well
View Quote
That’s what I thought. For now I don’t want a new caliber. I always wished for someone to build one in 9mm  so I could share ammo easily.
You’re a dick
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 4:52:21 PM EDT
[#39]
GHM9 Compact is what you seek!
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 5:44:46 PM EDT
[#40]
id take a hard look at the tp9-n. downsides , IMO, are the trigger and the proprietary suppressor mount. there is an aftermarket trigger available and an adapter to use the tp9 suppressor on 3 lugs mounts. the latter seems like it would be a pain to swap out but i have no experience.

if you hadnt said that the scorpion is bigger than what you are looking for id recommend the APC9 or a MKE Z5RS for great 9mm suppressor hosts.

a little smaller than the scorpion are the scorpion micro, mp5 k, apc9 pro compact and ghm9 compact. i can only recommend the mp5k from that list as i havent tried the others but i have a feeling you are looking for something smaller/lighter.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 12:10:25 PM EDT
[#41]
What you describe is the Extar EP-9. A real sleeper but check the reviews, they are bullletproof. Super lightweight. I only have a few mags through mine so far but hope to dial it in and run it in a steel challenge in two weeks. HUGE plus, its $419!!!!!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 2:19:35 PM EDT
[#42]
If smoothness of shooting and size are important - Mp5k.

If light weight and size are what your after - tp9/usw.

Apc9 is also excellent but I still pick up the mp5k before anything else. What I do notice about b&t is every one ive shot has been extremely accurate.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 4:20:44 PM EDT
[#43]
I’m assuming you already have a Glock, because of the mention of the Flux brace. I had the same so/so reaction to the flux myself and I ended up finding the Fab defense Cobra stock. You’d have to SBR your Glock, but the total cost would only be $300 if you’ve already got a Glock.

It doesn’t get much lighter than this.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top