BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 8:05:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By greybear:
I understood that they were sourced from HKparts, but I stand to be corrected.  The ones from Hkparts I just received were not stamped V1 but they do have the steel feed lips indicating the second gen mags.
View Quote

Full steel lips, or just a steel insert molded on the inside of each feed lip?  If the latter, the non-V1 mags that came with my SMG-45 had those, and I believe that HK Parts had added that feature to their US made UMP mags before the SMG-45s started shipping.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 9:15:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By willi3d:

Full steel lips, or just a steel insert molded on the inside of each feed lip?  If the latter, the non-V1 mags that came with my SMG-45 had those, and I believe that HK Parts had added that feature to their US made UMP mags before the SMG-45s started shipping.
View Quote

You're correct. The non V1 and the V1 stamped mags both have the steel reinforced feed lips. I guess the V1 stamped mags should now be considered the 3rd generation of the US UMP mags.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 12:30:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Had an interesting first trip to the range today with my SMG.

Picked this gun up Friday from FFL and was excited to get it to the range. Mags were stamped V1 and serial number was 12xx so I figured I should be good to go.

I was wrong.

Gun wouldn’t make it through more than 5 rounds without stove piping. Suppressed and unsuppressed.

Then, the gun went full auto. Twice.

After the second time of fun, the gun wouldn’t shoot more than 1 round before stove piping. So I opened it up and found this.

That’s the breech block and extension.

I was using nothing but Winchester White Box.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 3:55:59 PM EDT
[#4]
These things are entering MDR territory.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 7:52:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AzAgLover:
These things are entering MDR territory.
View Quote

Not even close to MDR territory.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 8:09:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Not even close to MDR territory.
View Quote

So, worse is what you're saying?
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 11:03:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Not even close to MDR territory.
View Quote

Considering how few of these were made I'd say the signal to noise ratio is pretty comparable to the MDR.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 11:10:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By AzAgLover:

Considering how few of these were made I'd say the signal to noise ratio is pretty comparable to the MDR.
View Quote

I disagree.  Almost everyone who had an MDR were experiencing the same problems.  With the SMG-45, the breaking of the bolt metal is something completely new.  Most of the other problems with the SMG were feed problems, and not everyone had them.  I have both a SMG-45 and a MDR.  My SMG-45 runs fine, but I’m hoping that there is a local gun buyback so I can dump my MDR and maybe get $100 out of it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 12:29:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Picked up one in the 15xx range today.  Will report back.  v1 stamped mags.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:07:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Any updates? Been 10 days and no new posts. Still looking to pick one up but i'm on the fence still.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 2:27:49 AM EDT
[#11]
SN:xxx15XX

New, cleaned and re-lubed with Lucas Extreme Duty Gun oil.

V1 mags came with mine.  Shooting with a Dead Air Ghost Can.

RANGE TRIP 1:  200  rounds of Winchester white box 230gn no isssues - loving it.
RANGE TRIP 2: Not cleaned from trip1 100 more round of new Win white box 230gn and....suddenly its Bob Marly and will not hold the bolt back on last round fired.   I have 4 new UMP mags from HKparts I have not tried yet.

The original one I ordered also just came in and was actually considering picking it up to SBR and put a binary trigger in.  But quick search for jam issues and found this thread.   Second thoughts now on #2.  

Mag issues?   As a machinist I am very impressed with the build quality, sucker is tight.  Front pin only comes out with a drift and armors hammer.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 2:31:55 AM EDT
[#12]
With the last round fired hold open issue I am having does sound mag related. If the follower is kicking to one side it would not pop up all the way to activate the hold open.  

Anyone else have that issue with the V1 mags?
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 11:15:20 AM EDT
[#13]
All of my V1 mags (QTY 2) and the unmarked gen2 mags from hkparts (QTY3) have worked without issue.  I loaned 4 of my mags to a buddy to try in his, and he did not have an issue either.  We were both using higher power loads then white box though.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 2:11:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Got mine back from LWRC yesterday. They replaced pretty much everything, including barrel. Going to head to the range tomorrow after work. Have around 500 rounds of white box that I’m going to run through it, if it malfunctions again it’s going up for sale.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 3:39:35 PM EDT
[#15]
If your's malfunctions even once in the 500 rounds I'm out, this is crazy for something with this many years in the making. I've been on the fence to long and I'm even a LWRC fan.
I will be checking back in.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 10:20:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Anyone tried to remove the pin (bolt) of the folding brace to change into a different brace?  I have hard time getting it out to change into a tailhook brace adapter (I assume tailhook brace don't need form 1?)
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 11:21:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Anyone tried to remove the pin (bolt) of the folding brace to change into a different brace?  I have hard time getting it out to change into a tailhook brace adapter (I assume tailhook brace don't need form 1?)
View Quote

You mean the hinge bolt of the included brace?  I removed mine when I replaced the brace with a B&T stock.  Didn’t have any problems removing the bolt, it just screwed out, and I reused it for the stock.  Only issue was that I needed to open up the hinge hole in the stock since the diameter of the brace bolt is apparently a little larger than the standard APC/UMP pin.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 7:58:08 AM EDT
[#18]
I guess mine just extra tight them.  So it is a screw instead of a pin that can be punch out.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 8:48:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I guess mine just extra tight them.  So it is a screw instead of a pin that can be punch out.  Thank you.
View Quote

The top of my “pin” has a recess for a torx wrench.  That’s how I knew it was a screw bolt, not a roll pin.  Don’t know if they changed that during production, but that’s how mine is.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 9:05:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Mine is too, it just so tight or I am so weak.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 9:47:05 AM EDT
[#21]
What kind of groups are you guys getting from these? Mine is pretty large at 25 yards shooting supported. Curious if others are seeing similar results.

Other that that it has run without issue for me.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 8:51:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What kind of groups are you guys getting from these? Mine is pretty large at 25 yards shooting supported. Curious if others are seeing similar results.

Other that that it has run without issue for me.
View Quote

Same.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 2:09:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Brand new and just shot 150 rounds of Winchester whitebox 230 gr and 20 rounds Hornady Critical Duty +P 220 gr.  No jam all smooth sailing, serial in the 15XX.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 1:24:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Just received 3 US made magazines, I can clearly see that their springs are not as tight as the LWRC V1 magazines.  If you load up the magazine, the bullets rattles a bit in the US magazine but not the V1.  Does anyone know if you buy the German replacement springs and replace them, would it fix the problem?  I will try them out as is and see if they jam.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 9:58:42 AM EDT
[#25]
So, HKparts.net US-made magazines are not the same as LWRCI V1 magazines?  Are HKparts mags good to go?

Link Posted: 6/25/2020 12:08:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Got an email this morning that LWRC had the SMG mags back in stock, so I ordered a couple (limit of 2).  Will
have to see what the difference is with the original mags than came with my gun.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 6:18:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Got an email this morning that LWRC had the SMG mags back in stock, so I ordered a couple (limit of 2).  Will
have to see what the difference is with the original mags than came with my gun.
View Quote

I just saw my email notification and it's already out of stock. Sucks
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 10:33:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I just saw my email notification and it's already out of stock. Sucks
View Quote

Did you try to order?  When I ordered, the listing still said availability: out of stock, but it let me add it to the cart and get all the way through the checkout.  Got a shipping notice in about an hour.  I think they simply forgot to update the item page.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 10:33:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Just tested the US made UMP from HKparts, 200 rounds without malfunction (Winchester whitebox and magazines are loaded fully, at 15 rounds, and at 10 rounds).  The magazine looks exactly the same as V1, but I think the spring is not as tight.  The gun cycles without problem, but I think I am still going to order some German springs since they are suppose to be replaced eventually.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 7:02:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Did you try to order?  When I ordered, the listing still said availability: out of stock, but it let me add it to the cart and get all the way through the checkout.  Got a shipping notice in about an hour.  I think they simply forgot to update the item page.
View Quote

I did try to add it to the cart. It would just take me to an empty cart with a message saying I didn't have any products in my shopping cart. Hopeful their next restock isn't as long...
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 4:20:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Here are some pics of my magazines

The one on the left is an included mag, the other is a HKparts mag. Both of my LWRC mags fit 27 rounds.
The only difference I can find is the springs.

One of my LWRC mags always fails to feed on the second to last round. It is the far right one in this picture.

Has anyone else seen the mag get gouged like that?
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 9:23:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Look back at the September comments on this thread
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 10:00:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Is you LWRC magazine V1?  The V1 spring is very tight and no rattling of the bullets.  If you buy the US made magazine from HKparts, when I manually unload the magazine the next bullet moves into the load position is always slightly forwarded.  I assume during the normal cycling, the bullet is being pushed against the front magazine wall and causing the damage.  I have 4 US magazines from HKparts and each of them has gone through about 50 rounds and I don't see the damage and no misfit.  I will get the German spring though to see if it is a better spring.  I believe majority of the problem with the jam is due to the magazine, not the gun.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 11:44:01 PM EDT
[#34]
I received my V1 mags today and compared them to the original mags that came with my SMG 45 as well as my HK UMP mags.  The only difference that I can see between the original mag and the V1 is a longer spring.  The V1 and HK springs are about the same length, and both are longer than the original LWRC mag spring.  Although I haven’t had a problem with the original mags, I ordered some HK springs to upgrade my two original mags.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 2:20:35 PM EDT
[#35]
I asked LWRC about the stovepipe issues and they said they fixed it and is all mag related. Can anyone else confirm?
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 2:36:52 PM EDT
[#36]
My smg 45 hasn't have a single malfunction over 500 rounds with both V1 and HKparts US magazines serial # in the 1500s.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 8:19:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Just had my smg our last Wednesday stovepipes on every shot suppressed or not have V1 on mags contacted LWRC have to send it in
Very disappointing
Serial number in the 15’s
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 8:26:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Also for those who had to send there’s back how was customer service and what did they do if anything to make up for your luck of receiving a $3000.00 lemon?
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 11:57:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Also for those who had to send there’s back how was customer service and what did they do if anything to make up for your luck of receiving a $3000.00 lemon?
View Quote

Their CS is excellent.  Mine had the common issue of charging handle stuck when the gun was pointed up.  I had mine back in two weeks.

They threw in a UMP stock and two free V1 magazines for my troubles.  Somehow LWRC knew I had a pending eForm 1 cooking

Link Posted: 7/7/2020 10:03:44 AM EDT
[#40]
It took them a few days and me calling three times to even get the shipping label sent.  I happen to be dealing with Ruger right now as well for a $450 MarkIV lite and they are beating them on customer service so far. I won’t make my final judgement until I finalize with both.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 10:12:47 AM EDT
[#41]
What ammo are you using?  Just curious...
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 11:07:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Tried blazer fiocchi and some federal my buddy had all 230 ball
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 12:05:21 PM EDT
[#43]
After LWRC sent it back how did it run?
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 3:21:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Just got one in the 1900 SN range.  V1 mags.  I’ll take it to the range tomorrow and report back if I have any problems.

Two quick questions: +P ammo OK?  The manual doesn’t specifically say.

Also, the thread protector nut is on really tight.  Anyone else have problems getting it off?
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 12:10:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Just got one in the 1900 SN range.  V1 mags.  I’ll take it to the range tomorrow and report back if I have any problems.

Two quick questions: +P ammo OK?  The manual doesn’t specifically say.

Also, the thread protector nut is on really tight.  Anyone else have problems getting it off?
View Quote

Me too, just south of 2k SN#. I got mine out today, right away it jammed on Federal .45 when suppressed with my HEMS II w/ Nelson device. I ran about 100 rounds through it and got two 2-3 shot string, the rest were stovepipes with a double feed. I put on a torrent and it ran better, lots of 4-5 shot stings. Then I got some Winchester service grade .45 and it ran showed some hope, 5-10 shot strings using my HEMS II. Finally I completely disassembled it, cleaned it and over oiled it, the next 250 rounds were perfect, like 100%. It no longer seems to care if its winchester or Federal.

Clean the gun, and run it WET. If it jams get 1-2 hundred rounds under your belt and hopefully it'll start working like mine. Also, a simple open ended wrench will take the protector off, it has flats.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:10:11 PM EDT
[#46]
I recently purchased mine June 6th. I have SN: SMG16XX. I have only changed to the brace out to the Tommy Built TMP Brace that he uses n his UMP/TMP Pistol builds which I like much better then the SB brace. Will be heading to range this weekend barring any rain and will use German mags, V1 LWRC Mags, and The HK Parts USA Gen 2 mags see what happens. I have some old lawman 200 GR TMJ to use up and some 230GR Ball Magtech.

https://ibb.co/sgBMYv0
https://ibb.co/sV70VvS
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:40:01 PM EDT
[#47]
I just received my HK Parts USA Gen 2 mags today I purchased 10 of the 25 rounders.
From left to right in photo, One magazine has no windows installed on ether side and also none of the plastic from the mold was trimmed off and is not able to insert into magazine well. 2nd mag has the window installed in the wrong spot being to far toward the top. 3rd is little better and finally the 4th is correct.

But what I'm also running into if I load 20 rounds or more the next round never moves and ether the follower or spring is stuck and will not move next round up, this is happening on all 10 of the 25 rounders and doesn't matter if its brass or steel case ammo. I was under the impression these mags where good to go?

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:03:24 PM EDT
[#48]
HK Parts is a shit tier company that only manages to stay in business because of how desperate people are for HK parts.

If a company that had even a single competitor was run as poorly as they are, they would be out of business.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:18:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I just received my HK Parts USA Gen 2 mags today I purchased 10 of the 25 rounders.
From left to right in photo, One magazine has no windows installed on ether side and also none of the plastic from the mold was trimmed off and is not able to insert into magazine well. 2nd mag has the window installed in the wrong spot being to far toward the top. 3rd is little better and finally the 4th is correct.

But what I'm also running into if I load 20 rounds or more the next round never moves and ether the follower or spring is stuck and will not move next round up, this is happening on all 10 of the 25 rounders and doesn't matter if its brass or steel case ammo. I was under the impression these mags where good to go?

https://i.imgur.com/2kbiVje.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/WiYjxR0.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Ppi1fh4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/H1f4lgl.jpg
View Quote

So you going to get the bad mags replaced since they are obviously a QA issue?  What did they have to say about the mags if you did?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:20:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Yes, emailed them this morning and still waiting to hear back.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top