Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 5:57:52 AM EDT
[#1]
The steel feed ramp insert on my lower wobble a tiny little bit. Will you guys take a look your rifle and see if it also wobbles?  thanks a lot!
I also have one mag have feeding issue may be 20% of the time. What's the solution to that?
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:57:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The steel feed ramp insert on my lower wobble a tiny little bit. Will you guys take a look your rifle and see if it also wobbles?  thanks a lot!
I also have one mag have feeding issue may be 20% of the time. What's the solution to that?
View Quote
Mine doesn’t wobble.  Is the screw that holds it in there loose?  In any case, my front push pin is very tight and needs to be hammered in or out, so my feed ramp isn’t moving whether it’s loose or not.  As far as the mag issue, if it’s just the one mag, the solution would be to get a new mag.  LWRC has a lifetime warranty, so either problem should be covered.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 5:18:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Mine doesn’t wobble.  Is the screw that holds it in there loose?  In any case, my front push pin is very tight and needs to be hammered in or out, so my feed ramp isn’t moving whether it’s loose or not.  As far as the mag issue, if it’s just the one mag, the solution would be to get a new mag.  LWRC has a lifetime warranty, so either problem should be covered.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I talked to LWRC cs, I will be send my gun in for them to take a look.
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 7:45:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Keep us posted.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 4:36:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Right now, it looks like the options are limited to a UMP stock.  I already have a factory HK stock for my USC/UMP conversion, but thinking about getting the B&T APC stock.  The B&T stock is supposed to have a 1” shorter LOP than the HK stock, which is going to be better for me.  LWRC is supposed to be coming out with a buffer tube adapter and may be interested in that, but who knows when it will be out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you know what stock you’re going with?
Right now, it looks like the options are limited to a UMP stock.  I already have a factory HK stock for my USC/UMP conversion, but thinking about getting the B&T APC stock.  The B&T stock is supposed to have a 1” shorter LOP than the HK stock, which is going to be better for me.  LWRC is supposed to be coming out with a buffer tube adapter and may be interested in that, but who knows when it will be out.
Tommybuilt makes one for the UMP.  It should fit.

https://www.tommybuilttactical.com/ump-buffer-tube-adaptor

Link Posted: 10/18/2019 8:12:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Tommybuilt makes one for the UMP.  It should fit.

https://www.tommybuilttactical.com/ump-buffer-tube-adaptor
View Quote
Thanks.  That’s something to think about.  Looks like the stock will be higher, which will be better for using the iron sights, but it also looks like it will block the ejection port when folded.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 9:17:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Got my stamp back the other day and installed the B&T APC stock.  A little fitting was required.  Needed to sand down the polymer hinge a little on top and bottom to get it to fit into gap in the adapter and drill out the stock pin hole with a 3/16 bit since the existing hole is too small for the bolt.

Link Posted: 10/25/2019 7:49:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice! Can you tell us the OAL so we know for our Form 1's?
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 11:51:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Nice! Can you tell us the OAL so we know for our Form 1's?
View Quote
25” with the B&T APC stock, which is dimensionally the same as the SB brace that comes with the pistol.  I know the LWRC specs say 26”, but I measured with a measuring tape a couple of times, and there was no way I could get that extra inch they claim.  A factory HK UMP stock is 1” longer.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 12:15:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 3:16:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I may have missed this earlier in this thread.

But what is the status of the SMG 45?

Does anyone have them for sale as I can’t find one listed except on GB for way more than the MSRP.....
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 4:50:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I may have missed this earlier in this thread.

But what is the status of the SMG 45?

Does anyone have them for sale as I can’t find one listed except on GB for way more than the MSRP.....
View Quote
The status is that it’s been released and people already have them.  There don’t seem to be that many out.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 6:28:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The status is that it’s been released and people already have them.  There don’t seem to be that many out.
View Quote
Perhaps LWRC is back to the drawing board on the SMG 45?  After reading some of the posts here it appears that the first batch of buyers are the beta testers and there are some issues with the SMG 45.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 1:22:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Perhaps LWRC is back to the drawing board on the SMG 45?  After reading some of the posts here it appears that the first batch of buyers are the beta testers and there are some issues with the SMG 45.
View Quote
No problem with mine, suppressed or unsuppressed.  A number of the issues noted here seem to be more mag related than gun related.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 11:50:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Which begs the question, how many of these very expensive mags are the LWRC 45 SMG owners going to have to purchase before finding mags that actually work in a gun designed around said mags?

Let’s hope LWRC is fixing this as there is obviously an issue, no matter how anyone tries to spin it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 2:48:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Which begs the question, how many of these very expensive mags are the LWRC 45 SMG owners going to have to purchase before finding mags that actually work in a gun designed around said mags?

Let’s hope LWRC is fixing this as there is obviously an issue, no matter how anyone tries to spin it.
View Quote
Of the 2 mags I got with mine... 1 runs perfect... the other the rounds get jammed up in it. The follower gets caught sideways or something else is going on. I frustrated the heck out of me one day and I have lent touched it since lol thought about just burning the mag ??
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 2:33:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I am debating on selling mine. This is a NFS post... what would you do? Keep or sell? I read through here they aren’t making the lm right now? Maybe some revisions coming.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 3:55:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I am debating on selling mine. This is a NFS post... what would you do? Keep or sell? I read through here they aren’t making the lm right now? Maybe some revisions coming.
View Quote
I believe you are correct, they aren't making them right now.  The LWRC SMG 45 may be back to the drawing board and those who own them may have to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars just to find the right mag to weapon combination.  It is to bad as the LWRC did really look promising.

I guess we will see if the next batch of LWRC SMG 45's comes without the bugs.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 4:46:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I believe you are correct, they aren't making them right now.  The LWRC SMG 45 may be back to the drawing board and those who own them may have to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars just to find the right mag to weapon combination.  It is to bad as the LWRC did really look promising.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy doom and gloom... If LWRC is making revisions I'd bet they don't leave current customers hanging. Go away with your "The sky is falling" attitude.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 4:54:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Holy doom and gloom... If LWRC is making revisions I'd bet they don't leave current customers hanging. Go away with your "The sky is falling" attitude.
View Quote
How'd that work with the Sig MPX? All the years LWRC spent developing the weapon they should have had someone make some magazines for them.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 7:53:26 PM EDT
[#21]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 9:52:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Mine runs great.  As you can see I had 1 mag issue.  I called LWRC discussed, they provided a recommendation.  I did it and it worked.  All that is in the post above.

I’m at 1400ish rounds.  Both mags are running clean.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 2:38:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
“Hundreds if not thousands of dollars to find the right mag”.  Seriously?  I’m not convinced there really is a big problem, or that they need to be redesigned since it’s basically a simple system when you get down to it.  Even if there was a feeding issue that needed fixing, it might be easily fixed by something as simple as a new feed ramp (which is a replaceable part), or a new mag catch that lets the mag sit a little lower.  I suspect that it’s a relatively limited production to test the market for a $3K .45 PCC.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 9:23:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Interesting review with similar stoppages/malfunctions.  
LWRC SMG45 | Initial 10 Minute Review
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 9:53:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
“Hundreds if not thousands of dollars to find the right mag”.  Seriously?  I’m not convinced there really is a big problem, or that they need to be redesigned since it’s basically a simple system when you get down to it.  Even if there was a feeding issue that needed fixing, it might be easily fixed by something as simple as a new feed ramp (which is a replaceable part), or a new mag catch that lets the mag sit a little lower.  I suspect that it’s a relatively limited production to test the market for a $3K .45 PCC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When someone spends $3K on a firearm I don’t believe it is acceptable to have to immediately replace parts on it for it to run reliably.  I am not alone in this line of thought.

LWRC is not releasing any new ones and yet the demand has shown via completely selling out of the ones produced that there is a demand(?).
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 9:55:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Interesting review with similar stoppages/malfunctions.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqTWO0q5Kek
View Quote
Yeah this review does not put the SMG 45 in a positive light despite the suppressed capability.

I may CANX the one I ordered 3 months ago.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 10:30:59 AM EDT
[#27]
A buddy I shoot with often picked one up in November, it looks bad ass and ran great on the first range session of about 700 rounds. Since then it has had multiple FTF’s the next 3 trips out. He’s bought 6 different mags but none run reliably. LWRC wants it back to “take a look”, he is pissed off. I cancelled my order for one a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 7:14:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
A buddy I shoot with often picked one up in November, it looks bad ass and ran great on the first range session of about 700 rounds. Since then it has had multiple FTF’s the next 3 trips out. He’s bought 6 different mags but none run reliably. LWRC wants it back to “take a look”, he is pissed off. I cancelled my order for one a few weeks ago.
View Quote
Yeah I am going to jump ship on my order too.  Maybe in a couple of years LWRC will have it together and I will try again, that is of course unless the anti gunners don't kill it.

Now what to do with the $1K in brand new UMP Mags I have that I can't return because of a 14 Day Return Policy @ HKPARTS.NET?
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 9:52:57 AM EDT
[#29]
I’m curious why mag problems wouldn’t have been caught during testing, as I can’t imagine LWRC not running thousands of rounds during testing.  Did they only test with German mags?  Did they test with US mags, but then the US mag design got changed (think early ones didn’t have the steel reinforced feed lips)?
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 3:28:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Man, hype about this died pretty quick.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 3:36:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Man, hype about this died pretty quick.
View Quote
The LWRC 45? Yeah. Unfortunately, it is a really good gun and one of the only current production (albeit very limited) .45 ACP delayed blowback guns. A bit let down on the poor magazine design. I wonder why LWRC did not go back to the drawing board and rectify the design of the mags/lower. Well, then again, this was only supposed to be a limited production run for certain customers with the overruns being supplied to the market. Wonder, what they might have said about it - "the certain military or private defence contractor customers".
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 10:19:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Does anybody know “Who” is manufacturing the USA Made UMP magazine’s that LWRC is shipping with their SMG 45’s?
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 11:58:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Does anybody know “Who” is manufacturing the USA Made UMP magazine’s that LWRC is shipping with their SMG 45’s?
View Quote
HKParts.net AFAIK.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 1:30:03 PM EDT
[#34]
They seem to have marketing the LWRC 45 again in the Shot Show 2020. The guy being interveiwed by TFB TV was saying, there was a still a huge backlog of demand and they are pushing to fulfill the orders and that they are going to ramp up production. He was hyping that there is still a few months wait on each order.

I guess, they should fix their magazine design issues and functioning first before they hype all over again.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 1:49:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Got my stamp back the other day and installed the B&T APC stock.  A little fitting was required.  Needed to sand down the polymer hinge a little on top and bottom to get it to fit into gap in the adapter and drill out the stock pin hole with a 3/16 bit since the existing hole is too small for the bolt.

https://i.imgur.com/WwWIFWy.jpg
View Quote
That is beautiful.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 6:43:54 PM EDT
[#36]
I got my gun back from LWRC. They checked my gun and said the yoke acts like feed ramp on the lower moves a little bit is normal. They also let me returned the original mags come with the gun and send me the updated mags. The new mags I got have V1 engraved outside the mag body. The original one I got don't have it. According to them, it should solve the FTF issue I have before I send the gun in.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 2:07:38 PM EDT
[#37]
After my complaining I went ahead and picked one up last month. I have about 1,200 rounds through 4 mags with no issues. 2 USA mags came with the gun and 2 HK German mags. The USA mags that came with my gun also have a “V1” engraved on the side. It might be that LWRC is marking the newer/tested mags with V1
This is a joy to shoot
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 1:03:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Can any of you owners compare the SMG vs. a UMP or USC?  Primarily interested in recoil, weight, ergos, and sights.  Thanks
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 2:58:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Can any of you owners compare the SMG vs. a UMP or USC?  Primarily interested in recoil, weight, ergos, and sights.  Thanks
View Quote
Because it’s made of metal instead of polymer, the SMG at 5.9 lbs weighs more than the 5.2 lb UMP, but it’s a little lighter than the 16” barrel USC.  The straight blowback USC/UMP recoils noticeably harder than the delayed blowback SMG.  I like the ergos of the SMG better as it as the safety is in a normal AR position, whereas on the HK, you have to reach a bit with your thumb.  Also, the SMG trigger is better and can be swapped out with standard AR triggers, as well as AR grips.  The mag release is the same on both, but I find the release on my SMG a bit more sticky in releasing the mags after firing.  The sights on the HK are integrated into the receiver, so you’re pretty much stuck with them, plus the front sight has a full hood, which can interfere if you mount an optic, but they are the right height for a cheek weld on the stock.  The SMG just has a rail, so you can mount whatever sights that you want, but I found that AR height sights, like the included MBUS Pros, are too high due to the low stock/brace comb.  It would be better with low profile sights like factory CZ Scorpion Evo sights, if you can find them.  I’m using a low mount red dot sight and offset iron sights.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 11:48:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Thanks!  Nice write-up.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 1:29:08 PM EDT
[#41]
I love 45 acp and I like the platform of this rifle. I would love to own one, but the price tag has me thinking twice. The question is do I need one? I would love one! I need convincing? As a personal defense weapon, I think it is hands down the best out there. what say you?
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 1:37:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I love 45 acp and I like the platform of this rifle. I would love to own one, but the price tag has me thinking twice. The question is do I need one? I would love one! I need convincing? As a personal defense weapon, I think it is hands down the best out there. what say you?
View Quote
I have an SBR'd B&T APC-45, an SBR'd USC/UMP, and an SBR'd Kahr Thompson. They are all great at what they're supposed to do. Having said all that, I am seriously considering redirecting my HK SP5 funds towards the SMG-45. I need another .45 SMG clone like a hole in the head, but...this one has impressed me since they first announced it so many years ago. Jealous of those who already have 'em.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 6:10:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I have an SBR'd B&T APC-45, an SBR'd USC/UMP, and an SBR'd Kahr Thompson. They are all great at what they're supposed to do. Having said all that, I am seriously considering redirecting my HK SP5 funds towards the SMG-45. I need another .45 SMG clone like a hole in the head, but...this one has impressed me since they first announced it so many years ago. Jealous of those who already have 'em.
View Quote
Theres one for sale at my LGS if you want the info. They are great for ordering firearms online too
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 12:34:30 AM EDT
[#44]
I have the LWRC 45 SMG and I've put 400rds thru it today ..this thing is fantastic. It seems very well built ,deff worth the  2800 I paid for it. I would have put more rounds thru it since I brought a 1000rds of 45acp with me to the range But I only had 2 mags which was a pain to load up plus also I had some other guns like the MPX k and some revolvers so I didn't have the time ...I'm about to order 2-4 mags because the 2 that comes with the gun is not gona work for me. I need atleast 10mags but I'm going to order 4mags for it..
I
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#45]
I still want that original, fine looking folding stock as well as the original, non cluttered, clean looking receiver.  What we drooled over for years.
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 10:27:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I still want that original, fine looking folding stock as well as the original, non cluttered, clean looking receiver.  What we drooled over for years.
View Quote
You and me both.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 2:58:39 PM EDT
[#47]
I ordered one from Sportsmans Warehouse as I have limited local dealer options.  It showed up while I'm in quarantine.  FML.  3 more days to go.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 2:48:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Picked up my smg45 on Friday.  Starred at it for a long 48 hrs before I could go to the range.  We shot 3-400 rounds through it both suppressed and unsuppressed.  All the magazines are mark V1.  We shot a mix of 230 grn jacketed factory ball ammo and 230 grn hard cast reloads.  We only had one failure to feed, and that was with the factory ammo.  I have zero complaints and zero regrets for the purchase.  

Link Posted: 5/1/2020 10:42:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Does anyone know any place with thew new V1 stamped SMG mags in stock? I saw LWRC had restocked them a month or so back but sold out by the time I saw it. Can't find these anywhere...
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 3:49:49 PM EDT
[#50]
I understood that they were sourced from HKparts, but I stand to be corrected.  The ones from Hkparts I just received were not stamped V1 but they do have the steel feed lips indicating the second gen mags.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top