Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2021 8:21:53 PM EDT
Just looking for advice here.  I'm trying to do my first Form 1.  I have a trust set up and completed for my wife (she is the only trustee besides me as a trustee and settlor) and I am planning to efile a form 1 to build an SBR.  I know I have to do the form 5320.23 Responsible Person Questionnaire and the FORM 1.  I am looking for the easiest way to do this and trying to figure it all out.  Is the form generators for the 5320.23 and the Form 1 forms at nationalguntrusts.com a good way to do this and trusted?  Thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 2:47:08 AM EDT
[#1]
The eform site already creates the eform 1 for you. I haven't looked at their 5320.23 generator. I just fill mine out myself. You should read through the visual guide for filling out the eform 1 that is stickied at the top of the general nfa questions sub forum first.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 8:19:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you.  I am reading the thread now.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 12:52:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Just Google "atf 5320.23" and download the first link. Open the pdf and fill it out. It's formatted to copy the "ATF's copy" info down to the CLEO portion. Save and you'll upload it to the eform site, right next to your head shot upload.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 3:36:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just Google "atf 5320.23" and download the first link. Open the pdf and fill it out. It's formatted to copy the "ATF's copy" info down to the CLEO portion. Save and you'll upload it to the eform site, right next to your head shot upload.
View Quote

The instructions are to print, sign, scan, and then upload to the eform site.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 10:26:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for your input guys.  It does help.  I'll get the responsible party form dealt with this weekend and get it scanned and printed off early next week.  I already have our fingerprints and pictures ready to go.  I have registered with the AFT efile website also.  Hopefully I can get everything sorted out and done this week.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 7:01:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The instructions are to print, sign, scan, and then upload to the eform site.
View Quote

So, you're saying my way is easier or harder than the form generator in the OPs query?
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 7:39:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So, you're saying my way is easier or harder than the form generator in the OPs query?
View Quote

I'm simply pointing out the fact that the 5320.20 is supposed to be printed, signed, scanned, and then uploaded to the eform site.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 5:12:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm simply pointing out the fact that the 5320.20 is supposed to be printed, signed, scanned, and then uploaded to the eform site.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My 5320.23 was just disapproved because I filled it out without using Adobe (which apparently causes problems with the form being blank when the ATF views it.) I also didn’t see that it needs to be printed signed in ink, and then scanned and uploaded.

From what I’ve found apparently it is written somewhere that they will not accept digital signatures on the 5320.23, so it needs to be signed and then scanned. It’s weird that the form 1 is okay being digitally signed though.

Link Posted: 5/27/2021 9:36:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
How do you upload a 5320.20 to the eform site? I can't find that form mentioned at all, and don't see any standalone upload options.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 11:52:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 6:22:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Just following up on my own thread here.  I finished the 5320.23 (RPQ) for myself and my wife and did the Efile Form 1 filing as a trust.  The efile website is terrible, but it worked.  My file went into "pending research" for 7 days because the lower I used was a little more obscure and not part of their "auto fill" or whatever you call it based on common lower manufactures in their system, but I'm not complaining.  Seven days in "pending research" isn't bad.  Anyway, I received the cover letter and mailed it and our fingerprints this week.  I also mailed the CLEO copies of our 5320.23 forms and the Form 1 to my local LEO.  So now I'm just waiting.  Hopefully it will be smooth sailing and fairly quick from this point.  I wanted to say thanks to everyone for their help and input.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 10:14:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

My 5320.23 was just disapproved because I filled it out without using Adobe (which apparently causes problems with the form being blank when the ATF views it.) I also didn’t see that it needs to be printed signed in ink, and then scanned and uploaded.

From what I’ve found apparently it is written somewhere that they will not accept digital signatures on the 5320.23, so it needs to be signed and then scanned. It’s weird that the form 1 is okay being digitally signed though.

View Quote

It says it on the eForm login page. It also says in the 5320.23 instructions that the signature needs to be an original unless the form is an approved eform, which the 5320.23 is not, or if a variance has been granted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top