Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Bren 2 (Page 93 of 102)
Page / 102
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 10:15:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Finally picked up the 5.56 in 11”. This thing oozes quality. Haven’t shot it have to figure out a brace setup and don’t really care for the factory tube adapter.

Just a quick question. I ended up getting the heavy piston spring from HBI when I was getting several other parts. Is there any benefit to using it on my gun?  And the next is to swap muzzle devices. Will I need a barrel vise or will soft jaws clamped firmly get me by?  I plan on putting a q cherry bomb on and getting the piston drilled at HBI.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 8:03:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Park-Hit-Run:
Finally picked up the 5.56 in 11”. This thing oozes quality. Haven’t shot it have to figure out a brace setup and don’t really care for the factory tube adapter.

Just a quick question. I ended up getting the heavy piston spring from HBI when I was getting several other parts. Is there any benefit to using it on my gun?  And the next is to swap muzzle devices. Will I need a barrel vise or will soft jaws clamped firmly get me by?  I plan on putting a q cherry bomb on and getting the piston drilled at HBI.
View Quote

I never purchased any of those springs for my Brens, so I don’t have anything to add to that, but I would recommend removing the barrel, and using a vice no when swapping muzzle devices.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 3:38:36 PM EDT
[#3]
You guys who have 14" Bren 2 MS' in 5.56 and pin/welds... what muzzle device length is needed to get the barrel length over 16" with a pin and weld?
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 4:12:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Zeebz:
You guys who have 14" Bren 2 MS' in 5.56 and pin/welds... what muzzle device length is needed to get the barrel length over 16" with a pin and weld?
View Quote

Also would like to know.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:21:08 PM EDT
[#5]
My dead air flash hider got it to almost 16 and 3/4s I believe. Ill have to remeasure. But a dead air flash hider will usually put a 13.9 over whats needed.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 5:48:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Unfortunately for me, griffin doesn't make a taper mount long enough, so I also went the dead air route
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 10:02:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By IronBalaclava:
31 days for the stamp, E-file.

Only thing I regret, is the useless 8" barrel(should have at least gone with an 11"). I don't believe the compact size outweighs the garbage external and terminal ballistics
you'll get out of an 8", so it's strictly a range toy at this point.

The HB Industries 7.8" M-Lok Handguard is super slick-love it, and it's night and day over the factory HG. Only issue is that there's not enough clearance for a Surefire Scout M300 type with the Direct Light Mount version. Material needs to be removed from the front of the HG to allow the bezel/light head to clear properly.  

I'll probably add a Surefire SF3P muzzle device to utilize SF SOCOM556 RC2 at a later time. How are your 8" 5.56 guns running suppressed? Best aftermarket gas regulator?

https://i.imgur.com/gq0XJtJ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/xwETNIG.jpg
View Quote

Have you tried IMI razor core?  77g OTM.

Stabilizes well and accurate out to 100+ yards.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 5:11:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Wolfy42:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
31 days for the stamp, E-file.

Only thing I regret, is the useless 8" barrel(should have at least gone with an 11"). I don't believe the compact size outweighs the garbage external and terminal ballistics
you'll get out of an 8", so it's strictly a range toy at this point.

The HB Industries 7.8" M-Lok Handguard is super slick-love it, and it's night and day over the factory HG. Only issue is that there's not enough clearance for a Surefire Scout M300 type with the Direct Light Mount version. Material needs to be removed from the front of the HG to allow the bezel/light head to clear properly.  

I'll probably add a Surefire SF3P muzzle device to utilize SF SOCOM556 RC2 at a later time. How are your 8" 5.56 guns running suppressed? Best aftermarket gas regulator?

https://i.imgur.com/gq0XJtJ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/xwETNIG.jpg

The 8" barrel is certainly not useless. Yes, you lose a but with the right ammo, it'll be just fine. I use 55 grain for plinking and 75 grain Hornady Black for HD. 77 grain should work just as well

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 3:26:36 AM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

As marked on the mag in the pic, I use Black Hills MK262 Mod 1 77 gr. OTMs for defense as a default.
So no need to use a clone.

Originally Posted By Johnny_Longslide:

The 8" barrel is certainly not useless. Yes, you lose a but with the right ammo, it'll be just fine. I use 55 grain for plinking and 75 grain Hornady Black for HD. 77 grain should work just as well

I'd like to preface with the fact that I sure wouldn't want to be shot with a 5.56/.223 at any distance, with any barrel length.

That being said, MK262 77gr OTMs reliably frag under 100 with a 1/7" twist, 10.3" barrel. 10.3" being the shortest acceptable length per gov't standards(I use 10.3" Colt MK18s or KAC CQB 11.5"s for work/home defense).

If someone can provide a link showing adequate, terminal ballistic performance/frag under 100, using 75 or 77 gr. OTM/BTHP from an 8" barrel, I'm willing to listen.

Till then, just a fun range toy for me considering the alternatives.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 2:41:31 PM EDT
[#10]

As marked on the mag in the pic, I use Black Hills MK262 Mod 1 77 gr. OTMs for defense as a default.
So no need to use a clone.

I'd like to preface with the fact that I sure wouldn't want to be shot with a 5.56/.223 at any distance, with any barrel length.

That being said, MK262 77gr OTMs reliably frag under 100 with a 1/7" twist, 10.3" barrel. 10.3" being the shortest acceptable length per gov't standards(I use 10.3" Colt MK18s or KAC CQB 11.5"s for work/home defense).

If someone can provide a link showing adequate, terminal ballistic performance/frag under 100, using 75 or 77 gr. OTM/BTHP from an 8" barrel, I'm willing to listen.

Till then, just a fun range toy for me considering the alternatives.
View Quote

With the 8 and 7.5 inch barrels lighter bullets tend to work better than the heavier ones, 50 gr tsx and 53 grain Hornady (if you can find it) maintains rifle wound ballistics out to at least 100 and the barrier blind bullets still expand at a wider velocity threshold.

I like my 8 inch more than my 11 but I think that’s because it is a more unique and usable configuration compared to comparable size guns.

Link Posted: 8/19/2022 4:49:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Citizen904] [#11]
The Bren 2 is ready to do battle for the ‘ultimate SHTF firearm’ (side charging, folding brace, stanag mag taking 5.56’s) against the BRN180S, FM15, PSA JAKL, Galil Ace and inbound P556 and M85NP.

Link Posted: 8/25/2022 1:38:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Citizen904:
The Bren 2 is ready to do battle for the ‘ultimate SHTF firearm’ (side charging, folding brace, stanag mag taking 5.56’s) against the BRN180S, FM15, PSA JAKL, Galil Ace and inbound P556 and M85NP.

https://i.ibb.co/2PLjzy2/BE0-DEF5-A-E595-4-BDC-ADE3-6-C0333-A1-E793.jpg
View Quote

Tell me about that top gun please
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 8:16:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By HK94dude:

Tell me about that top gun please
View Quote

That’s actually a BRN180S upper with a modified G36 hand guard  as a heat shield.

Link Posted: 8/28/2022 10:41:04 PM EDT
[#14]
For those looking to pick up some Bren 2 spare parts...

Bren 2 Parts
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 4:30:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sweet5ltr] [#15]
Originally Posted By Tfdarchos:

The cz factory fix has all 3 ports at unsuppressed shooting. My hbi drilling is still smaller than the smallest port on my new cz gas valve. I still get FTE after a few mags suppressed with the HBI gas valve and spring.

9" x39
View Quote

Have you cleaned the ejector spring channel?  The gas-port was never the issue. HBI solved this problem within a week, I have over 2,500 rounds through my Bren 2S (7.62x39) without an FTE, both suppressed & unsupressed.  Prior to cleaning the ejector spring channel, it would FTE every 5-rounds. This is on an 11" Bren 2S, but it's the same issue on the 9" & 14" models.  

Overall, CZ-UB / CZ-USA royally screwed us over by providing zero support for this platform in regards to spare parts & completely incompetent warranty service.  Over two years later, and we still can't even buy a spare ejector spring, extractor, bolt, gas regulator, carrier, etc. it's like - seriously!?  While I absolutely love my Bren 2S, I'll never purchase another CZ product or recommend them to anyone.
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 12:39:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Sweet5ltr:
Overall, CZ-UB / CZ-USA royally screwed us over by providing zero support for this platform in regards to spare parts & completely incompetent warranty service.  Over two years later, and we still can't even buy a spare ejector spring, extractor, bolt, gas regulator, carrier, etc. it's like - seriously!?  While I absolutely love my Bren 2S, I'll never purchase another CZ product or recommend them to anyone.
View Quote

I used to be angry but can't really be anymore.  There has been global supply chain issues for the past few years that we're still sorting out.  The Bren 2 Ms didn't come out until what - early 2019?  Wasn't out a year really before COVID fucked everything up.  I love my B&T APC308 but there are literally no spare parts available for that, either.  It's the rarest of the APC series but I don't hate B&T for it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 3:32:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sweet5ltr] [#17]

I used to be angry but can't really be anymore.  There has been global supply chain issues for the past few years that we're still sorting out.  The Bren 2 Ms didn't come out until what - early 2019?  Wasn't out a year really before COVID fucked everything up.  I love my B&T APC308 but there are literally no spare parts available for that, either.  It's the rarest of the APC series but I don't hate B&T for it.
View Quote

Bren 2S was released in 2018.  It's 2022!  

Come on, parts like a simple ejector spring?  How can CZ-USA not have a small shipping box, filled with a thousand of these by now.  There's no excuse by this point.  

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 5:47:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Magsz18] [#18]

View Quote

The APC series of guns work...

The people that have had issues with the 9mm sub guns not feeding hollow points were taken care of by B&T.

There were plenty of people left out in the cold by CZ.

Same scenario, totally different outcomes.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:

The APC series of guns work...

The people that have had issues with the 9mm sub guns not feeding hollow points were taken care of by B&T.

There were plenty of people left out in the cold by CZ.

Same scenario, totally different outcomes.
View Quote

I'm not talking about issues with the guns which yeah the people with the x39 guns were left in the cold.  The 5.56 guns work, though.  I am speaking to spare parts because people are talking about how CZ doesn't have any spare parts available for the Bren series.  B&T doesn't have much for the APC223, and certainly almost nothing is available for the APC308.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 9:56:14 PM EDT
[#20]
...and speaking of the Bren I am not sure if anyone here is on Reddit but a apparently ex CZ-USA employee did an AMA on the CZ subreddit and released a lot information.  Take stuff with a grain of salt obviously, but one of the things he mentioned was CZ will stop importing the Bren to focus on government contracts and supply of them to Ukraine.  He also mentioned a Scorpion Evo 4 which will use a different system than blowback, and it sounds like CZ got rid of the Arkansas plant and will move US production of CZ guns to the Colt facility.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CZFirearms/comments/wlsf49/ex_czusa_employee_ama/

Here is his post prior to deleting it:

Hello all!

Now that the severance checks have cleared, I thought it would be a fantastic time to do an AMA.

Colt-CZ Group in its infinite wisdom, decided to hand control of US operations to back-to-back bankruptcy champion Colt, who proceeded to remove all production from CZ-USA and lay off the assembly staff.

Things of note: Last I heard Bren importation has ceased.

No more US made P-10's of any flavor save for everyone's favorite P-10M that might be built to eat up left over parts.

Scorpion 3plus will be manufactured in small numbers in Connecticut by Colt and the 3plus magazine change was to ease transition to the Evo 4.

Ask me anything and let's see if I can answer without getting sued!
View Quote

Then this guy followed up by apparently bringing some of the stuff the ex employee mentioned to CZ and they confirmed the move to Colt manufacturing, but didn't comment on the Bren importations being ceased...

https://old.reddit.com/r/CZFirearms/comments/wp8v5r/cz_usa_cant_handle_criticism/
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:02:55 PM EDT
[#21]
...and speaking of the Bren I am not sure if anyone here is on Reddit but a apparently ex CZ-USA employee did an AMA on the CZ subreddit and released a lot information.  Take stuff with a grain of salt obviously, but one of the things he mentioned was CZ will stop importing the Bren to focus on government contracts and supply of them to Ukraine.  He also mentioned a Scorpion Evo 4 which will use a different system than blowback, and it sounds like CZ got rid of the Arkansas plant and will move US production of CZ guns to the Colt facility.

Then this guy followed up by apparently bringing some of the stuff the ex employee mentioned to CZ and they confirmed the move to Colt manufacturing, but didn't comment on the Bren importations being ceased...

https://old.reddit.com/r/CZFirearms/comments/wp8v5r/cz_usa_cant_handle_criticism/
View All Quotes

Hello all!

Now that the severance checks have cleared, I thought it would be a fantastic time to do an AMA.

Colt-CZ Group in its infinite wisdom, decided to hand control of US operations to back-to-back bankruptcy champion Colt, who proceeded to remove all production from CZ-USA and lay off the assembly staff.

Things of note: Last I heard Bren importation has ceased.

No more US made P-10's of any flavor save for everyone's favorite P-10M that might be built to eat up left over parts.

Scorpion 3plus will be manufactured in small numbers in Connecticut by Colt and the 3plus magazine change was to ease transition to the Evo 4.

Ask me anything and let's see if I can answer without getting sued!

It seems it's correct. Here is a huge thread about it in GD.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:35:23 PM EDT
[#22]
I just picked up a Bren 2Ms 16" carbine in 5.56. Does anybody know why my 5.56 rifle has the AK-style gas tube positions? According to the owner's manual, the 5.56 model should have "1" "2" "0" and "T" positions and the 7.62x39 model should have "1" "-" and "+" positions, which mine has.

Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:49:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Someone stole yours to put into an overgassed 7.62 pistol. Be it the distributor or the FFL.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:58:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Dark_zero_x:
Someone stole yours to put into an overgassed 7.62 pistol. Be it the distributor or the FFL.
View Quote

But it says 5.56....

Link Posted: 9/12/2022 9:36:53 AM EDT
[#25]

I have a newer Bren 2 Carbine as well and mine has the same markings on the regulator.  -, 1, and +.  Each gas port gets bigger.  Originally the Bren 2 Carbine had 3 settings - Normal, Suppressor, and Off.

Based on the port sizes on the Carbine now I'd think "1" would be the standard gas setting, "-" would be the suppressor setting, and "+" would be the adverse setting.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 2:14:10 PM EDT
[#26]
The pistol 7.62 settings are all for unsuppressed use, I would measure your ports before assuming that any are for suppressor use.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 1:12:02 AM EDT
[#27]
It's weird man, I've been dragging my feet on getting one. But now I want one even less.
If I get it, I'll get one knowing there's only so many in the country. So I'd rather not mod it out like crazy, sbr it, shoot 1000s of rounds through it...etc.
So even if I end up getting one, now I'll feel guilty actually using the thing, lol.
Just sucks to see.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 8:40:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Does the Bren have a similar grip angle to a stock colt ar15 or the newer more vertical type of grip on ar15s?
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:11:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Dolor:
It's weird man, I've been dragging my feet on getting one. But now I want one even less.
If I get it, I'll get one knowing there's only so many in the country. So I'd rather not mod it out like crazy, sbr it, shoot 1000s of rounds through it...etc.
So even if I end up getting one, now I'll feel guilty actually using the thing, lol.
Just sucks to see.
View Quote

We don't know if the gun is actually discontinued.  Wait and see what happens when CZ releases their 2023 price sheet.  I would imagine they are reorganizing sku's.  They do this basically every year.

If you want one, get one.  Just be aware of the fact that you may never be able to get spare parts for it.

Realistically, these guns should last a lifetime depending on how often you shoot.  My 7.62X39 Bren 2 before it went back had over 7k rounds on it.  Granted, it didn't work but I made it through 7k rounds lol.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:11:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By RandyLahey01:
Does the Bren have a similar grip angle to a stock colt ar15 or the newer more vertical type of grip on ar15s?
View Quote

It's a more vertical grip.  Its a very comfortable and natural grip angle.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 7:56:45 AM EDT
[#31]

We don't know if the gun is actually discontinued.  Wait and see what happens when CZ releases their 2023 price sheet.  I would imagine they are reorganizing sku's.  They do this basically every year.

If you want one, get one.  Just be aware of the fact that you may never be able to get spare parts for it.

Realistically, these guns should last a lifetime depending on how often you shoot.  My 7.62X39 Bren 2 before it went back had over 7k rounds on it.  Granted, it didn't work but I made it through 7k rounds lol.
View Quote

Are they being discontinued or what?
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 4:29:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

Are they being discontinued or what?
View Quote

We don't know.

What we do know is that to date, CZ has not released caliber exchange kits or barrels.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 5:40:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AK-12] [#33]

We don't know.

What we do know is that to date, CZ has not released caliber exchange kits or barrels.
View Quote

TBF this happens with pretty much every modular new gen rifle; ACR, ARX, SCAR...
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 2:56:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#34]
Originally Posted By AK-12:

TBF this happens with pretty much every modular new gen rifle; ACR, ARX, SCAR...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AK-12:

We don't know.

Yep. SOP for all the "modular caliber" rifles. Go figure.

At least CZ had the good sense to shut the door on the Bren 2 BR. I mean, why bother, right?
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:38:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Its not like civilians won't purchase the BR or the other Bren 2 models....CZ just simply won't support it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 5:19:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#36]
Originally Posted By brianjkeene:
Its not like civilians won't purchase the BR or the other Bren 2 models....CZ just simply won't support it.
View Quote

The BR segment has become a tease. Both CZ & Beretta have released modern BR offerings & then just sat on them. The only available modern BRs are from FN & IWI.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:06:41 PM EDT
[#37]
New HBi made gas regulator and piston

https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/cz-bren-2-optimized-gas-regulator-assembly/
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:55:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:57:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Really happy to see HBi continue to support the Bren 2
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:14:04 PM EDT
[#40]
They also just launched a 13.8" hand guard for the 14" guns.

https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/cz-bren-2-handguard-13-8-m-lok/
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:42:18 PM EDT
[#41]
They also just launched a 13.8" hand guard for the 14" guns.

https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/cz-bren-2-handguard-13-8-m-lok/
View Quote

Damn that's nice. Almost makes me wish I had an MS instead
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:53:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Does that HBI piston head installation require permanent modification? Or is it just a pin that gets punched out and back in?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:57:39 PM EDT
[#43]
New HBi made gas regulator and piston

https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/cz-bren-2-optimized-gas-regulator-assembly/
View Quote

More HBI one upping CZ.  Gonna grab a set when they come back in stock.  Even with the oem fix, still denting up the front ejection port running a 762 rc2.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 11:42:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eurotrash] [#44]
Does anybody know where I can pick up a couple spare ejectors and ejector springs for my 5.56 Bren 2 16” Carbine?
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 1:52:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brianjkeene] [#45]
And they announced a handguard for the carbine.

Link Posted: 9/26/2022 2:11:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Thinking about grabbing an 11" 5.56 and putting the HBI G36 stock on it.  Has anyone ran the G36 stock?  Any thoughts on it?
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 2:33:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Wetfuego:
Thinking about grabbing an 11" 5.56 and putting the HBI G36 stock on it.  Has anyone ran the G36 stock?  Any thoughts on it?
View Quote

The lockup is completely solid and it feels like a fixed stock. It comes with a new shell deflector that’s supposed to hold the stock when folded, but mine lets go very easily. It doesn’t hold the stock open nearly as well as the original setup. Just tighten the hinge bolt and this won’t be a pro. The main drawback is the endcap is now held in place with a bolt instead of a clip. To remove the recoil spring and bcg, you now need a tool.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By geriatricpollywog:

The lockup is completely solid and it feels like a fixed stock. It comes with a new shell deflector that’s supposed to hold the stock when folded, but mine lets go very easily. It doesn’t hold the stock open nearly as well as the original setup. Just tighten the hinge bolt and this won’t be a pro. The main drawback is the endcap is now held in place with a bolt instead of a clip. To remove the recoil spring and bcg, you now need a tool.
View Quote

The added step for disassembly is a bit of a hassle, but I never clean my rifles so it shouldn't be much of an issue.  I'm pretty set on the 11 but keep glancing at the 14" for some reason.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 5:24:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Wetfuego:

The added step for disassembly is a bit of a hassle, but I never clean my rifles so it shouldn't be much of an issue.  I'm pretty set on the 11 but keep glancing at the 14" for some reason.
View Quote

It’s more of an issue if you are going to war and have to field strip to replace a part.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 8:13:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Well, forget about the G36 stock.  Ended up picking up one of those 922r (lol) kits for the factory stock.  Just need to decide what optic to go with.  I have a Steiner MPS sitting around, or was thinking about grabbing another 2x Acog, or being cheap and picking up a GLx 2x for now.
Page / 102
CZ Bren 2 (Page 93 of 102)
Top Top