BCM
User Panel

CZ Bren 2 (Page 92 of 102)
Page / 102
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 2:27:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Park-Hit-Run:
So I ended up going back to page 70 or so and reading from there. Sad to see the issues with the 7.62x39 guns and their patient owners. CZ really could and should be doing better on this. Figure out the fix and get every last one of them in for the update.

Was there ever any indication that the 5.56 guns came out with those extractor / ejector channel issues?  Seems like a strange thing to happen only in the 7.62x39 versions.

Also has anyone installed the HBI piston spring in either the 11” or 14” 5.56 guns?  Is there a benefit?  I assume the spring’s intended function is to reduce bolt / carrier velocity?
View Quote

I have a 14 inch 5.56 and its easily my favorite 5.56 gun to shoot. I own many AR’s as well as an MCX. No issues with the extractor. I do plan on sending my gas plug for the drill service because it is a little gassy.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 5:04:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I must be completely weird or something - my BREN 2 MS is stock and I like it that way.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 9:47:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Trvrswsr4837] [#3]
I recently picked a 9” 7.62x39 with the newer gas plug that has the suppressor setting and so far so good about 500 rounds through it with a Deadair Nomad with both the stock and the HB spring

Just did the form 1 and ordered a bunch of CZ and AC Unity mags

While it’s a bit late to change my mind lol has anyone been using the AC unity mags? I’ve always heard good thing about their other mags

Any of you guys that have had HB drill you a third setting does yours function on that setting with no can? Mine does it eject 2-3’ away at 3 o’clock and holds the bolt open …. Just curious how the gas setting compares
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 12:00:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Johnny_Longslide:

So, get both. I'm glad we agree on this.

View Quote

Yes, Sir.  We most certainly do.  My pocket book hates us both.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 3:03:22 PM EDT
[#5]
anyone know what compensator cz used on the 16"? most I can find is its refered to as a two chamber
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:44:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By sefus:
anyone know what compensator cz used on the 16"? most I can find is its refered to as a two chamber
View Quote

Are you asking about the 805 Bren or Bren 2 Ms?
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 11:25:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Bren 2
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 11:28:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Bren 2
View Quote

I can photograph mine tonight if nobody posts photos before then.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 12:43:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: castroyy] [#9]
Been following this on Facebook. Haven't seen it in this thread. I was waiting for these to be released, however now I'm a bit skeptical. I think I'll wait to see some reviews in the wild first.
New Bren2 Stock and Brace
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 1:41:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Bren 2
View Quote

They use the same brake on the Bren 2 Carbine that they used on the Bren 805.  The Bren 805 had a different thread pitch, though.  The Bren 2 Carbine is 1/2x28 so the brake on that is threaded for the new pitch.  However, I haven't seen the new 1/2x28 brake for sale anywhere.  I've seen the original 805 brake for sale, but they're pricey for what they are and again - different thread pitch.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 8:44:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Glad I was able to grab the 9" barrel, with the RC2 its a couple inches longer than my 14.5" ARs.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 10:13:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By apocalypserisin:
https://i.imgur.com/9RUSJ0i.jpg

Glad I was able to grab the 9" barrel, with the RC2 its a couple inches longer than my 14.5" ARs.
View Quote

That’s looks great, can’t wait to get a stock on my 9”
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 10:32:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Minuteman1636] [#13]
View Quote

Here are a few photos of the carbine compensator. The last photo is a side-by-side with a pistol just for fun.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 12:53:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Yeah thats the one. Im pretty impressed with it and wanted to grab a couple more for some other AR builds but cant find them or ones close to them anywhere
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 6:34:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Yeah thats the one. Im pretty impressed with it and wanted to grab a couple more for some other AR builds but cant find them or ones close to them anywhere
View Quote

It took forever to sell the two I had on the E.E. I finally added them to a Bren parts grouping and ditched them that way.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 11:05:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bfoosh06] [#16]
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 4:19:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Irk] [#17]
Still waiting on my Sandman-S to be released from prison. Any suggestions on a better WML? I'm currently in the market for a better set up.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 5:38:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Irk:
Still waiting on my Sandman-S to be released from prison. Any suggestions on a better WML? I'm currently in the market for a better set up.
https://i.imgur.com/GF9BILc.jpg
View Quote

Modlite or Cloud Defensive.

As it stands, they're leading the industry in performance for the price.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 1:15:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: vlarg] [#19]
CZ Bren 2 556 8.3" Rugger Razor

Link Posted: 7/2/2022 2:20:33 PM EDT
[#20]
https://i.imgur.com/9RUSJ0i.jpg

View Quote

That’s an awesome setup. Like that a lot
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 6:20:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By castroyy:
Been following this on Facebook. Haven't seen it in this thread. I was waiting for these to be released, however now I'm a bit skeptical. I think I'll wait to see some reviews in the wild first.
View Quote

Anyone have any info?

Link Posted: 7/5/2022 6:24:56 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

For the asking price and all of the unknowns, I would wait as well. $430 is a lot of money to throw at a question mark that has an minimum 8 to 12 week wait (per their website).
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 6:28:07 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Headspacer:
Originally Posted By castroyy:

https://preview.redd.it/4sp9ljw3yju61.jpg?auto=webp&s=655d7b2c71eb022d79f593ce2702b8d8abec22c2

Anyone have any info?

That particular configuration is a no-go for civilians and no import. Czech Mil/LEO only.

Link Posted: 7/5/2022 7:00:12 PM EDT
[#24]

That particular configuration is a no-go for civilians and no import. Czech Mil/LEO only.

View Quote

Just import the tele stock.

Or does it become a 922r compliance issue when sbr'd?
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 8:51:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#25]

View All Quotes

Unfortunately not going to happen. Really has nothing to do with 922r BS.

It will only fit the 2S receiver. It won't fit the 2MS receiver due to the design with the rear QD sockets.

Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:11:53 PM EDT
[#26]
They did import a few hundred 2S's though..
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 12:15:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Heavy655:
They did import a few hundred 2S's though..
View Quote

300, of which I think 298 survive.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 1:11:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By LIONHART:

It took forever to sell the two I had on the E.E. I finally added them to a Bren parts grouping and ditched them that way.
View Quote

#%*$&@!!!
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 6:22:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Anyone know how the suppressor setting on the CZ factory fix vs the HBI service compare to each other for a 9" x39?  Ran 3ish mags with the RC2 on and got one FTE, but cases were ejecting pretty similar to how they were before any fixes, and I'm worried its only a matter of time before it turns to 3-4 per mag with the can on.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 6:24:57 PM EDT
[#30]

It will only fit the 2S receiver. It won't fit the 2MS receiver due to the design with the rear QD sockets.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/137230/nqok2hcduwe81-2442934.jpg

View Quote

Won't even fit the imported 2S as well.  The 2S imported also have the QD slot in the same spot.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 6:28:13 PM EDT
[#31]

Won't even fit the imported 2S as well.  The 2S imported also have the QD slot in the same spot.
View All Quotes

You are correct. So that pretty much settles it.

Link Posted: 7/8/2022 10:29:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IronBalaclava] [#32]

View All Quotes

Damn.

Well, that fucking blows. Super cool collapsible stock too.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 11:42:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apocalypserisin] [#33]
4 more mags with the rc2 and no additional FTEs aside from the second round on the last trip out.  Gonna have to keep it dirty as it seems like its less gassy the more I shoot it.  For those who run the x39 with a can, does it fart on your hand a lot?  After two mags my hand is pitch black anywhere that is exposed to the barrel assembly.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 2:06:38 AM EDT
[#34]
CZ confirmed no BREN 2 BR. The market isn't there to manufacture in the US with start up costs. Dammit.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 2:11:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Where did you hear this?

Canada will be able to get their hands on the BR and the market their can't be close to what it is in the US.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 2:06:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By spork:
Where did you hear this?

Canada will be able to get their hands on the BR and the market their can't be close to what it is in the US.
View Quote

Can canada even have these Bren any more?
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 6:47:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Where did you hear this?
View Quote

Not sure if armoredman heard it from a different source, but Ian from Forgotten Weapons was at CZ's HQ in the Czech Republic a couple months ago and did a video on the Bren 2 BR.  In the video he specifically says CZ mentioned to him they have no plans for civilian versions of the Bren 2 BR at the moment - it's purely for LE and mil.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 6:50:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Zeebz:

Not sure if armoredman heard it from a different source, but Ian from Forgotten Weapons was at CZ's HQ in the Czech Republic a couple months ago and did a video on the Bren 2 BR.  In the video he specifically says CZ mentioned to him they have no plans for civilian versions of the Bren 2 BR at the moment - it's purely for LE and mil.
View Quote

I recently left CZ-USA employment and there is currently no plans for a U.S. version.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 8:55:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Where did you hear this?

View Quote

CZ-USA.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 2:12:25 AM EDT
[#40]
If CZ adapted the Bren2 BR as 6.8mm, I bet that's going to be a viable international alternative to Sig M5.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 5:01:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Beyond_Visual_Range:
If CZ adapted the Bren2 BR as 6.8mm, I bet that's going to be a viable international alternative to Sig M5.
View Quote

It's possible, but would the demand be sufficient to justify the cost or production? Don't get me wrong, that would be very cool, but cost/benefit would probably not be in favor, same as those of us who would have liked to see the CZ 97 brought out as a 10mm - sufficient market demand just isn't there.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 8:32:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Minuteman1636:

I recently left CZ-USA employment and there is currently no plans for a U.S. version.
View Quote

I am surprised, honestly.  I'd think the BR would sell super well over here especially if they could undercut the price of the SCAR 17.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 8:34:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Zeebz:

I am surprised, honestly.  I'd think the BR would sell super well over here especially if they could undercut the price of the SCAR 17.
View Quote

I agree. Nobody seems to want to provide a .308 rifle to the market. There is high demand for the BR and for a .308 platform from Colt and neither company seems interested.

Having said that, there is some rumor of the return of a .308 platform from Colt but I will believe it when I see it.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 6:21:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Anyone know how the suppressor setting on the CZ factory fix vs the HBI service compare to each other for a 9" x39?  Ran 3ish mags with the RC2 on and got one FTE, but cases were ejecting pretty similar to how they were before any fixes, and I'm worried its only a matter of time before it turns to 3-4 per mag with the can on.
View Quote

The cz factory fix has all 3 ports at unsuppressed shooting. My hbi drilling is still smaller than the smallest port on my new cz gas valve. I still get FTE after a few mags suppressed with the HBI gas valve and spring.

9" x39
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 12:07:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Ah, OK.

I took "no BREN 2 BR" as a hard no, as in never.

"No plans" on releasing it sounds, at least to me, that they could easily decide to in the future.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 4:04:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Ah, OK.

"No plans" on releasing it sounds, at least to me, that they could easily decide to in the future.
View Quote

Really? Who's future? Yours? Mine? Maybe your great grand children's? FN has been selling the Mk17S for over a decade now, price point currently at ~$3700, & still going. Exactly what kind of market environment is CZ waiting for?
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 3:42:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

Really? Who's future? Yours? Mine? Maybe your great grand children's? FN has been selling the Mk17S for over a decade now, price point currently at ~$3700, & still going. Exactly what kind of market environment is CZ waiting for?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:
Ah, OK.

At this point, I think CZ is being run by morons.  I’ve lost most of my enthusiasm for their products and I’m not sure they even know how to successfully innovate anymore.

There is a market for modern .308 battle rifles and they are basically letting FN take it with their mid-2000s SCAR-17 design.  IWI has the Tavor 7 and they stay sold-out.  Even DSA FALs are back ordered 3-4 months.  Yeah, totally no market out there.

Maybe they’re doing us favor, as bad as they’ve bungled the 7.62x39 Bren 2.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 10:13:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Findsman:
There is a market for modern .308 battle rifles and they are basically letting FN take it with their mid-2000s SCAR-17 design.  IWI has the Tavor 7 and they stay sold-out.  Even DSA FALs are back ordered 3-4 months.  Yeah, totally no market out there.
View Quote

Agreed.  This is the perfect time for the Bren 2 BR to come in and steal some thunder.  Typically the .308 chambered guns come in about $500 more than their 5.56 counterparts.  The Bren 2 Carbine is $2,199 meaning the BR would most likely be around $2,700 MSRP.  Street price would probably be $2,300 or so which is quite a bit less than the SCAR 17 which goes for around $3,400 street now, and the other AR-180 competitor - the B&T APC308 which goes for almost $4,000.

Link Posted: 7/12/2022 11:37:34 PM EDT
[#49]
It does make me wonder why they're basing their info off of. I could see some exec looking at numbers going "Well 5.56 rifles are much more popular than 308...on average there 10 5.56 rifles for every 1 308 rifle. And if we sold 10,000 Bren 2s then that means only 1000 308s would be sold....so not worth it"
Of course I'm just making up numbers here but I'm curious if they're looking at current sales in the market as opposed to where holes are in the market. I know production lines can be very difficult to set up and get going, (workers, machine space, material sourcing, new molds and processes for meeting US import requirements...etc).  Idk just a thought on to why they're deciding not to sell them to US.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Didn’t the Bren 2 carbine take a few years to release after the pistols started coming in?  I would be shocked if cz doesn’t eventually bring the BR in at some point.

What’s the upcharge on the SCAR NRCH like $1000? Plenty of market space for the BR to come over in limited numbers. A couple thousand a year would almost certainly sell.
Page / 102
CZ Bren 2 (Page 92 of 102)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top