Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 8:52:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't find a Damn qd swivel that will work on my chassis. And I boogered it up thing I could take it out to work on it.
Looks like a magpul adapter is in order.

I wish mine were grey/gray, or od green. LOL.
Anyone have any thumbs tops they aren't using?
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 8:53:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Double tap
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 10:05:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Had mine out again the other day. I am trying somw different home grown cast and powder coated bullets.

I think I can actually shoot this thing better standing then I can from a rest.

From a rest at 25 yards, I was hitting about a grapefruit size group. There isn't much front end to rest on anything.

Standing from roughly 15-20 yards, I put this 4 shot group together. I didn't repeat it the second time though, I may have got lucky.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 11:32:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't find a Damn qd swivel that will work on my chassis. And I boogered it up thing I could take it out to work on it.
View Quote
CAA sells one that works with their products including the RONI.  I almost boogered up mine too and ended up getting one of these.  Not cheap but works perfectly.
QD Swivel
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 10:59:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw a vid on YouTube and it's hit and miss on the. Some qd swivels work some don't.  And it's the socket not the swivel.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 9:28:27 PM EDT
[#6]
So i cant find one for a Glock 34, I have other pistols, but I thought this would be a good use for a 34 I do not often use.
Link Posted: 5/29/2018 4:09:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Any news on release date for the new Gen 4 Roni?
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 7:00:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 11:44:39 PM EDT
[#9]
[quote: Quoted:
Looks like a magpul adapter is in order.

^ I couldn't get that Magpul adapter to stay secure. It just pulled right out with a moderate tug. I gave up on it and now just use their angled sling swivel loop

(shown mounted right behind my Aimpoint)

Link Posted: 6/5/2018 10:00:48 AM EDT
[#10]
This swivel works perfect in the Micro Roni. Just pop it out of the adapter and plug it into the Roni. Only $10 on Amazon,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017UW1GZS/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

FMT MTAC QD Sling Mount and Swivel with Release Button, Pica Tinny/Weaver, (QD Sling Attachment, Two Point and Traditional Slings)
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 12:04:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I see Micro Roni Stab for Glock 26 and 27 advertised. Has anyone seen or purchased them?

The Roni G2-26 conversion is available, but it's over $500, while micros are closer to $300.
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 8:38:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Not trying to beat a dead horse....

I started playing with the slide release, as it has been less than consistent when manually locking the slide back.

I tightened down the two hex screws as tight as I could.

It would not move to allow slide to lock back.  I slowly backed them out until I was able to lock the slide back.

The most reliable method is to put upward pressure on the slide stop lever then pull the slide back.  It will catch everytime.

So if yours isn't working quite right, it may be that the screws are too tight or too loose.  Mine were apparently too loose.... Too much play....
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 8:46:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I was able to fix my Roni Brace slide stop/release.  I recently purchased the Roni brace for Glock 19 and was disappointed the slide stop/release was not working consistently.  I have a factory Glock extended release and every once in a while with a lot of effort, I could get the slide to lock back (no empty magazine) but I would never get it to release.  To me the release was more important.  Based on some comments on this forum, I ordered a Vickers extended slide release but it did not make a difference.  I played around with it for a while including unscrewing the Roni slide button and reinstalling it.  I pulled out my Dremel and was thinking of removing material from the Roni frame to allow the metal tab that catches the bottom of the slide release lever to go lower on the Roni frame.  But not only does the Roni slide release metal tab bottom out on the frame on the inside but also the Roni slide release button itself also bottoms out on the outside.  It was starting to look like more surgery than I wanted.  Luckily I didn't have to go the Dremel route.  This is what I ended up figuring out.

- Locking slide back - I found I could do this consistently if I used the right technique.  If I did this, it worked without a lot of brute force.
 1. Push bottom part of Roni slide release button in.
 2. Pull back slide while button is still pushed in.
 3. When the slide is all the way back, push up on the Roni slide release while still depressing the bottom part of the button.

- Releasing slide - fixed with some duct tape.  I know, sounds cheesy but whatever works.
 1. I cut 5 very small strips of duct tape.  We talking 1/8" x 3/8" approx.
 2. These strips of duct tape would be placed on the underside of the Roni slide release part that screws into the Roni slide release button.  This is the part on the inside of the frame that screws in with the 2 small screws.  I layered these 5 strips on top of each other on the underside of that part which would press down onto the Glock slide release.  What I'm doing is making this part thicker on the bottom where it touches the Glock slide release.
 3. The idea is that if pushing down on the Roni slide release, if its not pushing down on the Glock slide release...then one of 2 things have to be done (1.  Remove material to allow the Roni slide release to push lower.  That would require material to be removed from the Roni frame and button and could be risky. --OR-- 2. Add material to the Roni part that touches the Glock slide release when pushing down.  The 5 strips of duct tape was just enough material to add to push down on the Glock slide release.)

I hope this makes sense.

I'm much happier with my Roni now.  I have yet to test fire it.  If it functions as good as it looks, I'll be adding a flashlight to it and some grip tape on the angled fore grip.  I already have my Primary Arms red dot on it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 11:13:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Well Gentlemen.... I ordered my G17 Micro Roni tonight and just joined the club.... we shall see.....
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 9:04:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well Gentlemen.... I ordered my G17 Micro Roni tonight and just joined the club.... we shall see.....
View Quote
You will love it....
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 9:07:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Anybody got the latest gen yet?  Thinking of selling mine and getting the latest one.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 11:27:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Still no offerings for the big long slides (G40/41).

I love my micro STAB/G32 combo. Would love to drop my G40 in a Roni as well. Maybe one day.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 6:17:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Anybody got the latest gen yet?  Thinking of selling mine and getting the latest one.
View Quote
Is there a link for a place to buy the latest gen model? I see some for sale at various places but I don’t know what’s the latest gen and what isn’t.

I’m interested in getting the stab version. Is it fun? Worth it? I just want it to have fun with and make use of a Glock I have laying around. Interested to hear some opinions. Reviews are mixed.

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 6:30:36 PM EDT
[#19]
I really like my Roni Stab with glock gen 4 19.

It is light, small, extremely low recoil and I can hit where I want to 50 yards.

There are 2 things that I don't like, but they aren't deal breakers:

1. It gets extremely dirty.  The glock gets carbon crap caked on the front of the slide and sides. The inside of the chassis geta very dirty too.

2. You can't shoot it folded, or even hold it by the grip when folded.

I really like it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 6:49:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It is light, small, extremely low recoil and I can hit where I want to 50 yards.

1. It gets extremely dirty.  The glock gets carbon crap caked on the front of the slide and sides. The inside of the chassis geta very dirty too.

I really like it.
View Quote
Thanks for the info. Good to know.

What’s the reasoning for going 19 instead of 17?

Thank you!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 7:08:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Thank you!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really like it.

Thank you!!
My thought was based on mags. With the 19 I can use both 17 and 19 mags and everything longer.

If I did it again, I would go 17, because when in the chassis, the grip gets a little shorter. It at least feels that way.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 7:33:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Is there a link for a place to buy the latest gen model? I see some for sale at various places but I don’t know what’s the latest gen and what isn’t.

I’m interested in getting the stab version. Is it fun? Worth it? I just want it to have fun with and make use of a Glock I have laying around. Interested to hear some opinions. Reviews are mixed.

Thanks guys!
View Quote
I looked around and could not find the Gen 4 STAB version for sale anywhere yet... the differences I have seen
- comes with longer extended  brace.

- has a triangular muzzle cone (which they did for a companion muzzle extension that will be available to bolt on)  I assume they listened to folks who wished the muzzle stuck out a bit further so you don't get your hand in front of the muzzle.

-They eliminated the slide stop button and just had a cut out of the stock in that area, so you can gain access to the pistol's slide stop. Again, they must have listened to the customers who were having mixed results with that button on the stock engaging the slide stop consistently.

Since I got the limited vision with the battle worn tan and it came with the extended stab brace, the other two new add on's did not really interest me all that much. I would imagine they will blow out the price on the current models to make room for the Gen 4's. If the button for the slide stop does not work for me, I may make my own cut out. I will run it stock first for awhile until I get a feel for it and get comfortable with it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 11:30:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Does anyone know if the limited edition tungsten color is a coating, or is the plastic itself that color?

Thanks guys. I want to order one. Not sure I want to wait on the gen 4 stab version.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 5:49:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Mine is here...glad I got the extended brace version...perfect

The Battle worn tan is like a perfect match to my OD G17...seems like a coating...Time will tell how durable.

The one glitch, no hardware to connect the brace to the chassis.
I emailed them.

So far, the button for the slide stop works... time to hit the range.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 7:55:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Do these work with Polymer 80 Glock 19 sized frame builds?
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 8:49:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Do these work with Polymer 80 Glock 19 sized frame builds?
View Quote
Yes, but it does require some modification to the P940c pistol frame.

This guy did it and says it works great.

https://www.facebook.com/irvin.chen/videos/10156937234264925/
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 10:35:54 AM EDT
[#27]
The QD insert they use seems to be the problem. The fix that I applied was to grind mine down about a 1/32" or so. I started with a file and took my time until a standard QD swivel would snap in... but I need to remove a bit more metal, so out came the Dremel.

Then I went back to a file to clean it up... now I can make several different QD swivels snap in and lock and the rotational limits works as well.

A little touch up paint and good as new...

As to CAA CS.. I sent multiple emails regarding my lack of hardware to mount my brace to my chassis. Nothing... So I called there number and left a VM with a CS rep... She attempted to call me back twice (My bad, I missed her both times.)

I did leave my name and address and the Sales order number . We'll see if they hook me up.

I already ran to the hardware store and purchased a  8/32"-2" round screw and nut in stainless steel and trimmed it to size and installed my brace....

Have not hit the range yet as I'm waiting for my BUIS's to show up so I can zero everything at once...

Still digging this set up... Me thinks this is going to be my new favorite toy for awhile.

Really like the design.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 10:36:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Oh Yea, I want to get a cheap Single point bungee sling... any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:29:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Anyone remove the muzzle device and run a supressor on it?
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 11:39:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

-They eliminated the slide stop button and just had a cut out of the stock in that area, so you can gain access to the pistol's slide stop. Again, they must have listened to the customers who were having mixed results with that button on the stock engaging the slide stop consistently.

Since I got the limited vision with the battle worn tan and it came with the extended stab brace, the other two new add on's did not really interest me all that much. I would imagine they will blow out the price on the current models to make room for the Gen 4's. If the button for the slide stop does not work for me, I may make my own cut out. I will run it stock first for awhile until I get a feel for it and get comfortable with it.
View Quote
Cut out the slide stop on my 3.5 after seeing the gen 4. Glad I cut it out instead of trying to modify/shim the original. Feels natural now without overextending and actually works every time.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 11:41:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Oh Yea, I want to get a cheap Single point bungee sling... any suggestions?
View Quote
Check out Condor.  Mine's made in USA .....
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 11:46:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Anyone remove the muzzle device and run a supressor on it?
View Quote
Go to page 1 of the thread..
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 5:00:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Well.... Just got back from the range..... This thing is awesome....
I zeroed my BUIS's and then zeroed the red dot, it's an older OKO red dot, works good, but there is no tactile feed back on the two zero screws... so it takes a bit...

Once I got everything.. head shots from 15 yds standing....  piece of cake ( I was never that good with just a pistol....)

I ran some Tula I got for $7 a box thru the two new SGM made in Korea 33 rd Mags I bought.... not a hiccup.

The recoil makes double taps easy, the overall handling of the gun I find very nice, and love the small , compact and maneuverable size.
I now have a new love interest in PCC's... I'm surprised more of these have not been popular, way better then a $1k and up AR clone that takes proprietary mags or older Colt/UZI/Grease gun mags.

I get to practice using a Glock trigger, the accuracy is very good and it is small and reliable.

Overall, very happy with my choice.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:53:35 PM EDT
[#34]
If you rotate the thumbrests 180° your thumb will be more forward and less vertical.   I find it more comfortable.

Also, an extended magazine release with a button makes magazine changes much easier without having to completely rearrange your firing grip.
I was able to score a discontinued model from the EE.  It's a factory extended (G21) release that was drilled and tapped.  An extension with a tear-drop shaped button screws on. Perfect length to drop a magazine without contorting.  Uncomfortable if firing the pistol with a two handed grip.  
My 17 resides permanently in the Macaroni so it is not an issue.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 1:38:00 PM EDT
[#35]
I cut down the flashlight holder there is only a faint reminder of where the bezel was...  looks better and more importantly, it acts as a better reminder of where your hand is on the front of the gun.  to me the dummy flashlight holder only serves to guide your hand up and around towards the front of the muzzle shroud.

Not sure whose idea it was to have a forward grip that is angled upwards toward the front of the gun.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 1:58:02 PM EDT
[#36]
I fight the angle actual quite good in conjunction with the angled bottom foregrip.

I am going to pursue a larger mag release....
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 2:11:47 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 8/19/2018 1:18:54 PM EDT
[#38]
I’ve been reading up on Micro Ronis, and it’s confusing as shit. I assumed the CAA website would be the best resource, but it’s not.  These guys really need to step up their website.

I see from the YRS website a fourth generation Micro Roni with the stabilizer is coming, and that they will be offering it for the 26/27/33. This fits what I would want one for, an accessory to keep in the car with a few happy sticks for use with my carry 26.5 or 33.4 if things turn to shit.  It looks like they addressed a few issues with the new generation.

Does anyone know when these are supposed to be released?

https://www.yrsinc.com/en/micro-roni-stab-gen-4-caa-gearup-pdw-converter-for-glock-26-27
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 1:44:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I agree 100% - not being able to fire it folded is a bit annoying.

Distance form trigger face to rear of brace per my measurements:  Short: 12.50", Long: 14.75"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks good, good info.

What is the LOP with that longer brace? It isn't designed to be shouldered, but curious.

I just wish they had a brace option where it could ne gripped or fired when folded....like if it folded to the other side....that would work for all is right handed people.
I agree 100% - not being able to fire it folded is a bit annoying.

Distance form trigger face to rear of brace per my measurements:  Short: 12.50", Long: 14.75"
I hope they don’t discontinue the shorter one, or make the fourth generation Micro Roni unable to use it - that’s just about perfect for me.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 2:44:35 PM EDT
[#40]
I find the 14.75" LOP just perfect. Not a big deal for me to not be able to fire it with the stock closed, cause you could if you wanted to, with it partially closed. But then it's just a big ass pistol, Which I had before I placed it in the chassis.....
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 3:10:39 PM EDT
[#41]
At 14.75” I’d have to blade it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 10:54:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Not sure whose idea it was to have a forward grip that is angled upwards toward the front of the gun.
View Quote
Agreed, I love mine, but feel the side mount thumb rest is a necessity. Wish they'd just have added a rail below and let me add my own angled grip and hand stop, or at least molded a small hand stop on the brace itself. I've got several short barreled braced pistols & bullpups with angled grips that all sport hand stops. I get nervous when my hand is only a few inches from the line of fire, I remember reading a post on this forum about a Navy Seal/Spec Ops who took some fingers off his left hand when his hand slipped in front of his MP5.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 11:28:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I’ve been reading up on Micro Ronis, and it’s confusing as shit. I assumed the CAA website would be the best resource, but it’s not.  These guys really need to step up their website.

I see from the YRS website a fourth generation Micro Roni with the stabilizer is coming, and that they will be offering it for the 26/27/33. This fits what I would want one for, an accessory to keep in the car with a few happy sticks for use with my carry 26.5 or 33.4 if things turn to shit.  It looks like they addressed a few issues with the new generation.

Does anyone know when these are supposed to be released?

https://www.yrsinc.com/en/micro-roni-stab-gen-4-caa-gearup-pdw-converter-for-glock-26-27
View Quote
I asked CAA the question about Micro Roni for G26, and was told that it will not happen. I don't know why yrsinc.com shows this product. It would be awesome if CAA did it, but I have no illusions.

The best way to talk to CAA is through their Facebook page. They answer within a few hours.

The only viable option for a G26 remains Roni Gen2, and those are $500. They have a side door that locks around the frame and trigger guard. Micro Ronis lock into the accessory rail, and since subcompact don't have them, we are out of luck. I thought that perhaps they could come up with a clamp-on rail for railless models, but CAA said "no".
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 6:38:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Still very interested in the latest gen.

I just ordered a G19X and would love to be able to run it in the new chassis.

Also, I handled the prototypes at SHOT, and the front AFG area on the new version was much better.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 8:47:18 PM EDT
[#45]
I ordered the longer brace as soon as they were announced.  Put it on and realized the shorter one is perfect.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 1:43:09 AM EDT
[#46]
short brace works because there is nothing top sides except rail so you don't need to step back from a charging handle or anything.

if you shoot square to the target, you would want the LOP of the short brace
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 11:39:34 AM EDT
[#47]
I square up, and find the longer length just about perfect. So I don't think there is a hard/fast rule.
Body shape/size  will  determine the length...
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 11:03:31 AM EDT
[#48]
I'm late to the party. Honestly, I didn't "get it" when these came out, but it clicked for me and now I'm fully onboard. I plan to get the Mirco with the long brace (G17 model) and set it up for a can.

I'm still pouring over all the posts here and everything I can find online, but I'm under the impression that I'll need a longer-than-normal threaded barrel, I'll need to modify the front end of the Roni to work with the can and it WILL work with a P80 lower with some modifications. Is that all correct? There was a link to a video on Facebook that supposedly showed a P80 frame working, but the link is broken now and I can't find much else online about what needs to be modified.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 11:07:20 PM EDT
[#49]
You’ll need a G17L threaded barrel unless the front ends of the newer generation models are shorter. It’ll require modifications to the chassis (outlined in my first post) I need to revisit mine when I have time to see what I need to do so it’ll work with the factory flashlight, I’m pretty sure it’s going to interfere with my Octane 45.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 7:50:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Thanks guys!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks guys!
I messaged CAA and they got back to me with a mid November timeframe for the Gen 4 STAB.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top