Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 3:29:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Just got back from the range where I put another 200 rds thru it... I'm still digging it...

confirmed my 25yd zero and then took it back to 50 yds... about 2MOA.

Need to start pickin up 33rd mags for this...
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 5:42:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m all in. Just ordered my Roni with ext brace for a G19 and I don’t even have a G19. lol. Also ordered a factory folding stock which will be converted to a cheek rest/brace when the butt plate is chopped off and replaced with GHW Tailhook Mod1.

The obstacle will be adapting the tailhook to the folding cheek rest but I have a few ideas. More on this after the parts come in.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 11:37:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m all in. Just ordered my Roni with ext brace for a G19 and I don’t even have a G19. lol. Also ordered a factory folding stock which will be converted to a cheek rest/brace when the butt plate is chopped off and replaced with GHW Tailhook Mod1.

The obstacle will be adapting the tailhook to the folding cheek rest but I have a few ideas. More on this after the parts come in.
View Quote
I actually just bought a stock for the exact same purpose!

Mine will be here next week.  I am not handy, so I'll probably follow your lead!
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 12:44:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Can someone help me with a question?

Early on I removed both my front side rails. I now want ro but them back on...I found the rails but not the screws. What size screws are they?

On a different topic. I modified a stock to accept a tail hook. I didn't like the longer length of pull, so I never did use it. If I can find it I will post pics. With the tail hook, it wouldn't fold flat against the side. I was going to try the strong arm one, because it looks a little narrower.

Ended up loosing interest, because I really like the short factory brace.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 9:57:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Can someone help me with a question?

Early on I removed both my front side rails. I now want ro but them back on...I found the rails but not the screws. What size screws are they?

On a different topic. I modified a stock to accept a tail hook. I didn't like the longer length of pull, so I never did use it. If I can find it I will post pics. With the tail hook, it wouldn't fold flat against the side. I was going to try the strong arm one, because it looks a little narrower.

Ended up loosing interest, because I really like the short factory brace.
View Quote
Strong arm does look narrower.

Do you have any pics of the one you modified with the tailhook on it?  What all did you have to do to make it work?

And are you interested in selling it?  ;)
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 11:12:09 PM EDT
[#6]
@HK_DUDE

Any pics?
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 11:13:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry. Will make a note to find it tomorrow and post pics.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 11:37:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I actually just bought a stock for the exact same purpose!

Mine will be here next week.  I am not handy, so I'll probably follow your lead!
View Quote
I’m stunned as to why a tailhook mod hasn’t spread like wildfire. The issue may be with the folder. We will soon find out.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 7:34:58 AM EDT
[#9]
What is this "Tailhook" mod?
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 1:05:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Can anyone tell me what size the screws for the side rails are?
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 2:22:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Found it!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

With the railhook it is too wide to lock in the closed position, it should work with the strong arm.

Now that I play with it again, the longer length isn't too bad.

You guys thought I was making this up...haha.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 2:41:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Found it!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3591/20180911_131712-668399.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3591/20180911_131739-668400.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3591/20180911_131721-668401.JPG

With the railhook it is too wide to lock in the closed position, it should work with the strong arm.

View Quote
That's fantastic.

What are the mod details?  Can you show a picture of what it looks like without the tailhook, to show what material needs taken off?

The strong arm is deeper, so looks like more material would need to be taken off.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 2:43:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Found it!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3591/20180911_131712-668399.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3591/20180911_131739-668400.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3591/20180911_131721-668401.JPG

View Quote
Excellent work, HK DUDE..!

After viewing many photos of the folder I had already concluded that the Tailhook would work. I was going to round off the arm's end and also attach a thin rubber sleeve to slip in between the TH and the cheek rest arm to help produce a solid purchase between to two.

Your photos are very encouraging. Thank you for posting.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 3:16:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Hope these pics help. I cannot remember how much of the rear I cut off. I more so cut the bottom (vertical area) off and machined around the circumference with my milling machine.

If you look at the end, I purposely left that straight area so it would stay straight up and down, and I also left a "nub" as a stop for the tailhook.

Now that I want to use a strong arn brace, I am sure I will have to round it more.

I do have about 1/4" that I can go further onto the main body to better fit the strong arm without removing that part that locks un the folded position.

The strong arm is only 1.40" wide, with translated to about .10" thickness on either side of the hole for the tube, that is probably perfect.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 3:25:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hope these pics help. I cannot remember how much of the rear I cut off. I more so cut the bottom (vertical area) off and machined around the circumference with my milling machine.

If you look at the end, I purposely left that straight area so it would stay straight up and down, and I also left a "nub" as a stop for the tailhook.

Now that I want to use a strong arn brace, I am sure I will have to round it more.

I do have about 1/4" that I can go further onto the main body to better fit the strong arm without removing that part that locks un the folded position.

The strong arm is only 1.40" wide, with translated to about .10" thickness on either side of the hole for the tube, that is probably perfect.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3591/20180911_140412-668447.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3591/20180911_140439-668450.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3591/20180911_140432-668452.JPG
View Quote
This, sir, is WINNING.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 3:31:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Glad to help.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 6:15:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Now I see... thanks for posting pics.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 8:35:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Thinking about possibly modding the RONI under the foregrip. If the angled material is chopped off it will form a front mini hand stop.

Here's my rendition that shows what it will look like, before and after.  What sayeth the hide..?

Link Posted: 9/13/2018 8:38:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Thinking about possibly modding the RONI under the foregrip. If the angled material is chopped off it will form a front mini hand stop.

Here's my rendition that shows what it will look like, before and after.  What sayeth the hide..?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/los3088/RONI/01E8412E-7C62-43AE-A7EE-27AF7B28AC75_zpsfxxh1cyr.jpg
View Quote
I think that would be a definite improvement.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 8:50:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/los3088/RONI/01E8412E-7C62-43AE-A7EE-27AF7B28AC75_zpsfxxh1cyr.jpg
View Quote
@LOS

I've been planning on that for a while!

Looks doable, as I looked at the pics of the Roni completely dissassembled and it looks like the areas you want to cut are solid.

The front portion in your rendering could actually be rounded  out closer to the screw and give a little more room for the hand placement.

Alternatively, I have considered modifying the standard non-stab Roni by shortwning the front mag holder so it more closely resembles a hand stop, and not a vfg.

Can you use your Photoshop skills to render that for us?  ;)
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 8:55:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

@LOS

I've been planning on that for a while!

Looks doable, as I looked at the pics of the Roni completely dissassembled and it looks like the areas you want to cut are solid.

The front portion in your rendering could actually be rounded  out closer to the screw and give a little more room for the hand placement.

Alternatively, I have considered modifying the standard non-stab Roni by shortwning the front mag holder so it more closely resembles a hand stop, and not a vfg.

Can you use your Photoshop skills to render that for us?  ;)
View Quote
Absolutely. Give me an hour or do as I’m running a few errands.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 9:48:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Something like this..?:

Link Posted: 9/14/2018 9:37:09 PM EDT
[#23]
if you are running the short arm brace, it will be cramped to use that modified area as the grip.  a 3D printed handstop that takes the place of the flashlight would be ideal, just need to make sure the fit is tight and the part is strong enough to act as a reliable stop.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 10:05:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
if you are running the short arm brace, it will be cramped to use that modified area as the grip.  a 3D printed handstop that takes the place of the flashlight would be ideal, just need to make sure the fit is tight and the part is strong enough to act as a reliable stop.
View Quote
That could work....

Link Posted: 9/20/2018 8:34:56 PM EDT
[#25]
My Micro Roni was delivered today.  It only took 12 days to ship from Israel (YRS, Inc) to my door.  I also have a Sig Romeo5 optic on the way.

I’ll work on the Tail Hook Mod1 folding brace this weekend and post photos of it after I complete the little project.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:00:39 AM EDT
[#26]
I think an accessory hand stop for the STAB that takes the place of the flashlight spacer would be brilliant.

Been trying to add something to my flashlight spacer to do that, but so far I've not found anything in my parts bin that looks doable.

For me the thumb rest is too high but won't pull it til I can come up with a solid hand stop.

I've also looked for a different thumb rest that rides lower, nothing.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:33:29 PM EDT
[#27]
I've only had my Ruger pc carbine a couple months but I'm kind of bored with it.

I thinking about selling it and picking up a G19 Roni Stab. I find myself carrying my G26 or G17 while the G19 sits in the safe. This would be a nice use for my G19 that's not utilized much and fit my needs better than my Ruger PC.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:26:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I've only had my Ruger pc carbine a couple months but I'm kind of bored with it.

I thinking about selling it and picking up a G19 Roni Stab. I find myself carrying my G26 or G17 while the G19 sits in the safe. This would be a nice use for my G19 that's not utilized much and fit my needs better than my Ruger PC.
View Quote
That's what I did... and Glad I did... No clue what people see in that big as long Ruger.
I thought the Roni was kind of dumb, but now that I have it... I find myself really liking it.. the weight, the compactness, the Glock reliability... Accuracy is plenty good for what it is... (Like Thompsons or Grease guns were 1MOA at 50 yd guns...)

I wanted to try PCC with out shelling out $1k. And Honestly.. AR based 9mms... I might as well put my .22 adapter in one of my AR's and shoot that...

Go for it, I bet you surprise yourself with how much fun it is...
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 6:43:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I think an accessory hand stop for the STAB that takes the place of the flashlight spacer would be brilliant.

Been trying to add something to my flashlight spacer to do that, but so far I've not found anything in my parts bin that looks doable.

For me the thumb rest is too high but won't pull it til I can come up with a solid hand stop.

I've also looked for a different thumb rest that rides lower, nothing.
View Quote
Rotate the thumbrests 180° so they sit more forward and more comfortable.

The ramp should be at the front of the rail.

I posted a picture earlier in the thread.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 4:31:13 PM EDT
[#30]
This just might work., although I’ll probably put a small screw through the base plate of the trigger cover and one right beneath the light opening for additional support.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 4:35:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Looks great.

Looks like it may work with the flashlight in place too?
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 4:47:03 PM EDT
[#32]
It should work with the factory light but I won’t know for sure until I receive and install mine.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 9:25:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

... No clue what people see in that big as long Ruger.
View Quote
I bought both recently.  I bought the Stab to see if I liked it well enough to SBR a Glock and get the stocked version. I’m still playing with it and haven’t made up my mind yet.

I don’t think I’ll mod it for a suppressor. At least not right away. I’ve got a number of other hosts for those.

Shooting them side by side, the Ruger stays on target better between shots. I suspect a longer brace or stock on the Roni may help with this.

OTOH, the Micro Roni is quicker & more natural to reload.

I got both of them with USPSA in mind. Reloads are few and far between for PCC division, but do come into play occasionally. Split times between shots can be significant when you add enough of them up. The short length of the Roni can really help when getting around walls or tight ports.

In the end, they’re both a lot of fun.

Here at some point I’m going to pull them out along with some other 9mm long guns and get my impressions of all of them together.

Link Posted: 9/23/2018 2:29:51 AM EDT
[#35]
I bought a stab-a-roni off the EE and was super excited for it. I took it to the range today and every single shot would lock the bolt back.  I tried lots of lighter on the charging handle. No effect. I got so irritated I removed the slide lock mechanism. It was still jamming, so I stopped to think and the only aftermarket part on my 19 was a silencerco barrel. I took off the thread protector and bam, everything was smooth as butter.

Lesson learned: don't use a threaded barrel with the protector still on.

Also, this thing is awesome.  I tried it right next to a scorpion evo sbr and it held its own.  It is so smooth to manage the recoil.  It's my new favorite gun setup.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 11:06:41 AM EDT
[#36]
I tweaked the hand stop design a bit. It looks a little more refined. I can’t wait to get all the components in for a trip to the range. More to follow..

Link Posted: 9/25/2018 11:12:54 AM EDT
[#37]
I’ve been under a rock. Just saw these.

I NEED one.

Can not wait to see more pics and hear a range report.

I’ve got an old evo9 and g19 id love to turn into a permanent Roni. Add a vortex viper reflex and I think it would be a hoot!
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 9:47:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I tweaked the hand stop design a bit. It looks a little more refined. I can’t wait to get all the components in for a trip to the range. More to follow..

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/los3088/RONI/3267D812-BF28-4BAD-98BB-65583196EF7A_zpsmp3ucjgi.jpg
View Quote
You will also want to find a long, competition, teardrop style magazine release.  It allows you do drop a magazine without having to contort.

Looking at the flashlight hole cover...I think some JB weld, a hacksaw, and an old Mosin bayonet would make for a wicked stand off device.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 8:11:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
...You will also want to find a long, competition, teardrop style magazine release.  It allows you do drop a magazine without having to contort.
View Quote
I haven’t found an extended mag release (design) that I like so I’ll probably make my own.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 7:48:33 PM EDT
[#40]
An update photo to show the goodies that were delivered today..:
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 2:30:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 3:59:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Looks amazing!
View Quote
Thank You. It’s coming together, slowly but surely.

I made a nice little [proto] 2-position cheek riser to compliment the hand stop. The riser elevates the LOS about 1/2” when deployed. I’m waiting for a few more items to arrive, then it’s time to buy the pistola.

Here are a few update photos with a G17 magazine and a XGrip extension. I also made and mounted a cheek riser made out of carbon fiber pattern ..:

Link Posted: 10/3/2018 12:19:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I've been under a rock. Just saw these.

I NEED one.

Can not wait to see more pics and hear a range report.

I've got an old evo9 and g19 id love to turn into a permanent Roni. Add a vortex viper reflex and I think it would be a hoot!
View Quote
I must have been under the same rock. I just saw a video on YouTube of these and it put the bug in my head that this thing would make a great truck gun not a gun. Just keep one of these behind the seat and if needed, just drop my carry 19 in it and go.
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 8:59:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I must have been under the same rock. I just saw a video on YouTube of these and it put the bug in my head that this thing would make a great truck gun not a gun. Just keep one of these behind the seat and if needed, just drop my carry 19 in it and go.
View Quote
If they’d only figure out how to do the newest generation for the G26.5, I’d do the same.
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 12:52:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

If they'd only figure out how to do the newest generation for the G26.5, I'd do the same.
View Quote
This for a 26 would be great but how could you secure the gun to the chassis?
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 8:22:47 PM EDT
[#46]
A few add-ons:

Link Posted: 10/7/2018 12:35:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they'd only figure out how to do the newest generation for the G26.5, I'd do the same.
Like I said, they’d have to figure it out - maybe index it off the triggerguard.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 9:02:10 PM EDT
[#48]
https://youtu.be/2PPbZS5YbUg

https://caagearup.com/products/bhm-holster

Still waiting for a bayonet...
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 10:06:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Article about the upcoming Stab...... Hope they offer a short brace option...

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/10/05/tfb-first-look-mck-a-micro-roni-stabilizer-update/
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 10:12:52 PM EDT
[#50]
That's a big chuck of stuff in the front. May be comfortable???

I was hoping for just a more lower profile front end with a bottom rail.

Hmmm.....
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top