Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2024 7:08:58 AM EDT
Hey everyone, I picked up a B&T RBS 9 Compact Direct thread suppressor (P/N SD-123023-US) recently to go on my APC9K.

Upon trying to install it I noticed that even thought it's threaded 1/2 x 28, the threads inside the can are recessed pretty deep. This makes it so that when I thread the suppressor onto the APC9K the threads don't get full contact before the suppressor bottoms out on the APC9K's handguard.

The can is on tight (the friction from the handguard against the can is keeping it in place), but I don't have the warm and fuzzies about actually shooting this thing without the threads having full engagement with the suppressor.

I reached out to B&T customer service and got a few automated responses that they got my CS question, but crickets since. So no help from B&T. I find it odd that the B&T 9 mm DT can marketed for the APC9 wouldn't fit the APC9K with the non-3lug threaded barrel.

I have to still check with an alignment rod, but even if it lines up am I over worrying about the threads not having full engagement?

I guess an option would be to get the 3 lug adapter mounted onto my barrel and then get a 3 lug to DT adapter put on top of that one, but I really don't want to be stacking adapters.

Anyone else run into this issue? I know this is mainly a suppressor topic, but I know there's a larger B&T following in this subforum, so hoping to get some help here.

Thanks

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:36:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CJofFL] [#1]
Sounds like it's simply not compatible. DT cans get their alignment and resistance to loosening from being tightened to the shoulder. Shooting without both is ridiculous, but that said, you should video it if you do.

ETA: Their K models are supposed to be short, hence the lack of built in 3 lugs.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:51:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#2]
Quoted from Reddit
...when I got mine (specifically for use with an APC9K), I test fitted the can on an APC9K and the hanguard doesn't allow it to tighten all the way. The Direct Thread mount has dep recessed threads as it was designed for a barrel threaded in 1/2x28 AND 3-lug like HK MP/SP5/K.

I confirmed all this with B&T. I'll DM you a pic of the can fitment with the correct barrel...
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top