Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2024 6:04:04 PM EDT
I was on TheFirearmBlog website and there was a video about BOE suppressors.  One of the statements made was BOE was working w/ the ATF to allow consumers to buy a silencer AND additional mono-cores for different calibers.   Unless there is a secret out there I don't know about, I was under the impression that additional parts (baffles for example) are not allowed to be possessed.  How are they accomplishing this?
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 7:53:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By bmarshall1:
I was on TheFirearmBlog website and there was a video about BOE suppressors.  One of the statements made was BOE was working w/ the ATF to allow consumers to buy a silencer AND additional mono-cores for different calibers.   Unless there is a secret out there I don't know about, I was under the impression that additional parts (baffles for example) are not allowed to be possessed.  How are they accomplishing this?
View Quote

That's my understanding too, I would think the separate Monocores would be treated as suppressors themselves with additional tax stamps.

so I guess that would be why they are working with the ATF on the issue.

Maybe it's like the modular suppressors where you can take parts on and off.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 7:04:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VaFish:

That's my understanding too, I would think the separate Monocores would be treated as suppressors themselves with additional tax stamps.

so I guess that would be why they are working with the ATF on the issue.

Maybe it's like the modular suppressors where you can take parts on and off.
View Quote

OK, here's my great idea for sale,  I'll give VaFish 10% of the Million Dollars that I am charging for the use of this super, duper, innovative, cost effective, ultra quiet silencer.

Produce a modular silencer with (4), full length sections, yes, it will be about 24 to 32 inches long.  The first module is for 8.6, second for 308, third for 9mm, 4th for 556 (or whatever, you get the idea).  Effectively what you have is a 4 section, modular, AR silencer (4 endcaps please).

Pick you gun, choose your module, add endcap and mount and Bob's your Uncle!  Sure it's going to cost 2x to 3x what a normal can would, but you're getting 4 cans!  $1 Million Dollars please.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top