Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2018 3:35:29 PM EDT
I recently purchased an ATN NVM14 w/wpt.  Its very very awesome however i was reading online that a standard helmet mount will not work but that the ATN mount sucks.  Does anyone have suggestions?  I wear a Team wendy Exfil helmet.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 11:02:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I recently purchased an ATN NVM14 w/wpt.  Its very very awesome however i was reading online that a standard helmet mount will not work but that the ATN mount sucks.  Does anyone have suggestions?  I wear a Team wendy Exfil helmet.
View Quote
A. We need pics of where the mount attaches to the NVM14.

B. If it’s Bayonet JArm, it’s gonna have some slop in the attachment.

C. Norotos and Wilcox both make Dovetail attachment mounts. Wilcox has a JArm with a dovetail. Norotos has the Dual Dovetail Attachment (DDA).

This link has a nice explanation of which is which

D. I see it’s an NVM14. You might have to buy either a JADPT (you’re likely to need to file on the cheap adapter plate to get it to fit your mini rail. I had to be pretty aggressive with mine. Please don’t file on the optic).
Amazon JDAPT link and the above mentioned JArms + Mount

Or

@TNVC RQE JAMR
+
RQE Clip Shoe Set

+ aforementioned mount

I’m currently fiddling with something similar (MUM14) and trying to get a Dovetail setup to reduce the play in the mount system.

I’ve got a JDAPT plate, a Wilcox Mount that I scored for cheap ($45ish), and a Wilcox JArm inbound. I’ll do my own thread about it once the goods arrive.

@TNVC
@TNVC_Augee
@UNV
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 12:47:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I cant get pics to post on here sadly.   ill look at some of the links you sent.  thanks
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 2:56:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I cant get pics to post on here sadly.   ill look at some of the links you sent.  thanks
View Quote
If youre taking the pics with your phone (and posting on your phone, using the standard site, not the mobile) you can use the "select file" button at the bottom of the page. Assuming the file isn't too big, you can select it, then press "upload" and the pic will appear.

Alternately, you can load the pics to imgur (free site) and then grab the links and post them here.

As I said, I'm making a similar journey now, and it isn't easy (or cheap). I think the JAdapt, DDA, and Norotos AKA2 with a dovetail adapter will be your absolute cheapest choice. i would have went that way myself, however I acquired a Wilcox mount for stupid cheap.

Going all Wilcox (with the JADPT) will not be cheap either if you have to acquire their mount.

Lastly, going RQE might be the absolute best option, but it certainly WILL NOT BE CHEAP! If my Wilcox + JDAPT combo doesn't work, I plan on selling the Wilcox JArm and spending some $$ on the RQE stuff.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 7:17:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, the short version is that the JDapt, Wilcox JArm, and Wilcox mount play together perfectly from what I can tell in my living room.

I’ll try to get some time in the field this weekend. I’ll upload some pics later on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top