Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2024 11:19:40 AM EDT
Just picked up a new AUG.  Anyone got a source for mags at a decent price.  Also how do PMAG AUG mags compare quality wise to Steyr factory mags?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:31:43 AM EDT
[#1]
P-mags work fine.

AUG mags are hit and miss for decent pricing.

18Z50….
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 1:35:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 4:11:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: desertmoon] [#3]
Magpul are all I use since I have an ingrained tendency to smack mags home pretty hard.

BTW. 20 inch barrel!  Sweeeeeeet!  I love mine.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 4:17:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I like my original mags better, but that's just me
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 4:19:39 PM EDT
[#5]
AC Unity magazines work fine also.

Magpul and AC Unity run great.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 7:42:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Sign up at Steyr’s website for their emails, they have decent sales throughout the year you can take advantage of to get some mags and other AUG parts at a discount.

I’ll +1 the Magpul and AC-Unity thoughts, they are solid and usually more affordable than Steyr.  I’m pretty sure Magpul made theirs originally for the Australian military as a second-source supplier.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 2:05:45 AM EDT
[#7]
The Pmags for the AUG were developed for the Australian Military. They are absolutely solid and my favorite AUG mag. Like others have said, if you want originals just keep an eye out for sales. Factory AUG mags are out there and occasionally go on sale. Same with the AUG Pmags.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 2:15:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Magpul Aug mags take gen 3 team mag for plate and accessories and mag couplers and things like that!
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 6:46:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Found AUG pmags for 12$ each ordered 25.  Will let you guys know when they deliver.  Going to order a few 42 rd factory mags as well.

https://straightjacketarmory.com/product/magpul-pmag-30-aus-gen-m3-window-steyr-aug-5-56-magazine-30-rounds/

Link Posted: 5/22/2024 1:27:41 AM EDT
[#10]
That's a really great deal!
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 2:26:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By billynilly:
Found AUG pmags for 12$ each ordered 25.  Will let you guys know when they deliver.  Going to order a few 42 rd factory mags as well.

https://straightjacketarmory.com/product/magpul-pmag-30-aus-gen-m3-window-steyr-aug-5-56-magazine-30-rounds/

View Quote

Shows $14.95 for me
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 3:30:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By mcantu:

Shows $14.95 for me
View Quote

Same for me, still not a bad price. If I wasn't in the midst of building a backup rifle and needing some AR mags for that, I'd nab some.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 9:06:30 AM EDT
[#13]

Shows $14.95 for me
View Quote

Me too. I bought a couple to try out.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:25:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By WriterClarke:

Same for me, still not a bad price. If I wasn't in the midst of building a backup rifle and needing some AR mags for that, I'd nab some.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WriterClarke:

Shows $14.95 for me

I have heard some say that just as with ammunition, unless you are on fire or swimming, there is no such thing as enough magazines or ammunition. I suppose it would apply to rucking as well as weight would really add up quickly.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 7:18:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I got my AUG PMAGs in.  They do not make covers for them.  Do they not suffer from feed lip fatigue like the AR15 PMAGs?
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 5:11:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WriterClarke] [#16]
Originally Posted By billynilly:
I got my AUG PMAGs in.  They do not make covers for them.  Do they not suffer from feed lip fatigue like the AR15 PMAGs?
View Quote

AUG mags have much thicker feed lips as they were made to be polymer from the get go, while PMAGs still have to work around the metal feedlip design. AUG PMAG on the left, AR PMAG on the right.

Link Posted: 6/1/2024 3:48:05 PM EDT
[#17]
The test will be to leave a fully loaded mag in a hot car. If the lips survive that they should be fine.

I've since received the MagPull AUG mags and they worked 100%. They seem to hold the rounds more secure than the OEM mags and also sit tighter in the gun. I will get more MagPull if I see them cheap again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top