User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 9:29:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think the only thing thats really keeping my eagerness to pick one up in check is the thought that theyll just turn around and release a Tavor 7 gen 2 or whatever after all the beta testers that paid $2k for the privilege discover flaws in the rifle.

I know they have plenty of experience with bullpups and everything... but still. It seems like that's how things happen now.
View Quote
With all the delays, hopefully they’ve had extra time to wring them out.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 9:41:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That can and does happen with pretty much anything from guns to cars to electronics. If you're always waiting for the next, better version...you're going to be waiting forever.

From what i've read they've been running these pretty hard in testing.
View Quote
It's not really a, "the next best version" type of thing that Im worried about. Its more of a, "the new production guns will fix that problem" type of thing.

I'm just being a pessimist I guess.  Ive been hurt before.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 10:17:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 7:42:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is the MOA claim for a 3, 5, or 10 shot group?
View Quote
IIRC it was 3 5-shot groups, averaged across 5 rifles.
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 6:15:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I think the only thing thats really keeping my eagerness to pick one up in check is the thought that theyll just turn around and release a Tavor 7 gen 2 or whatever after all the beta testers that paid $2k for the privilege discover flaws in the rifle.

I know they have plenty of experience with bullpups and everything... but still. It seems like that's how things happen now.
View Quote
That's always true.  I brought up the ARX switchable ejection because such a feature, while nice on a std rifle, seems like a necessity on a bullpup, IMO.  They came up just short of this level of functionality, but I have to wonder if it's in the back of someone's mind at IWI.

Still going to wait & see.
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 6:43:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah IWI is not Desert Tech...

Each design change at IWI has to pass a 20K round test...
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 9:28:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's always true.  I brought up the ARX switchable ejection because such a feature, while nice on a std rifle, seems like a necessity on a bullpup, IMO.  They came up just short of this level of functionality, but I have to wonder if it's in the back of someone's mind at IWI.

Still going to wait & see.
View Quote
I don't think instantly switchable ejection is really a necessity. It's a nice feature, sure. But 99% of shooters are going to set it to whichever side they prefer and it will stay that way near forever. Maybe switch it if you have a buddy that's shooting with you that's opposite handed or something, but otherwise? It's not getting touched realistically. Even the ARX owners I know show off the switching for cool points, then set it where they like it and never touch it again until somebody walks by and they want to show it off again.
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 10:51:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I don't think instantly switchable ejection is really a necessity. It's a nice feature, sure. But 99% of shooters are going to set it to whichever side they prefer and it will stay that way near forever. Maybe switch it if you have a buddy that's shooting with you that's opposite handed or something, but otherwise? It's not getting touched realistically. Even the ARX owners I know show off the switching for cool points, then set it where they like it and never touch it again until somebody walks by and they want to show it off again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Can't argue.  That is how most use it.  I'm just oddball, I guess, because I routinely shoot L & R with both HG & long arms.

<- Always the odd man out.

Quoted:
Quoted:

With all the delays, hopefully they’ve had extra time to wring them out.
The delay was mainly to try to tweak accuracy, though other things may have possibly been improved along the way.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 8:59:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm really tempted to order one from Proven Arms (Quantico Tactical)
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 2:58:12 PM EDT
[#10]
As sad as it may seem, I grabbed one earlier this week, and am already planning to sell it.  I love my X95, but just am not picking up the same vibe from the 7.  It shoulders and tracks well, and is not nearly as bulky or heavy as I anticipated, but I'm simply not digging it.  If they bring out a Gen II modeled on the X95, I'll give it another go.  Until then, I'll stick with bolt actions for .308.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 6:49:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
As sad as it may seem, I grabbed one earlier this week, and am already planning to sell it.  I love my X95, but just am not picking up the same vibe from the 7.  It shoulders and tracks well, and is not nearly as bulky or heavy as I anticipated, but I'm simply not digging it.  If they bring out a Gen II modeled on the X95, I'll give it another go.  Until then, I'll stick with bolt actions for .308.
View Quote
I wanted one until I handled it at the IWI booth at the Great American Outdoor Show.  The balance was ok, but the buttstock felt like it was an unfinished 2x6 that I put to my shoulder.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 8:14:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I wanted one until I handled it at the IWI booth at the Great American Outdoor Show.  The balance was ok, but the buttstock felt like it was an unfinished 2x6 that I put to my shoulder.
View Quote
I agree--I don't understand what they were thinking with that buttstock design. They should have put the SAR/TAR-21 style pad on there... would have helped soften the recoil of the 7.62 as well...
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 9:12:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
What exactly turned you off? Did you happen to shoot any groups?
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 9:14:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I can’t find anywhere if it had a gas regulator automaticity for suppressed shooting. That’s one thing I don’t like about my x95. Super gassy.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 9:14:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I agree--I don't understand what they were thinking with that buttstock design. They should have put the SAR/TAR-21 style pad on there... would have helped soften the recoil of the 7.62 as well...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I have an X95 with 18” bbl and swapped out the rubber brick for a flat buttplate. It’s not at all uncomfortable to me. YMMV

Quoted:
I can’t find anywhere if it had a gas regulator automaticity for suppressed shooting. That’s one thing I don’t like about my x95. Super gassy.
Also, my X95 suppressed isn’t too gassy. DI ARs seem a lot worse.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 1:45:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
It has a setting for suppressed fire. It's 4 mode.

Normal
Adverse
Suppressed
Off
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 8:36:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
The Tavor 7 has been listed as having a 4 position AGR for quite a while, at least back as far as this January 2018 article.

https://www.military.com/kitup/2018/01/29/range-new-762mm-tavor-rifle.html

It’s also listed on IWIs webpage for the product, and you can download the manual for the Tavor 7 from there.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 11:38:01 AM EDT
[#18]
I picked mine up last week and have around 60 rounds through it.

I’m a pretty huge fan of bullpup’s.

The T7 has so far been 100% reliable with Winchester 147gn

Trigger is great for a bullpup.  Surprisingly good.

I cannot fault it for my intensions - close work with a 1x4 optic.  I’ve only got a 25 yard range - rifle is fun and easy to keep everything in the IPSC A zone.  Trigger reset is positive and is a good combat trigger imho.  Muzzle climb is slight and follow up shots are quick and easy.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 1:31:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Can someone post a pic of a Tavor 7 next to a X95 or Tavor SAR please?
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 10:07:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Can't argue.  That is how most use it.  I'm just oddball, I guess, because I routinely shoot L & R with both HG & long arms.
View Quote
@Master_Blaster have you shot a Kel-Tec RFB? Love mine and it doesn't care which shoulder you shoot from...
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 12:18:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Can someone post a pic of a Tavor 7 next to a X95 or Tavor SAR please?
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 2:30:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

@Master_Blaster have you shot a Kel-Tec RFB? Love mine and it doesn't care which shoulder you shoot from...
View Quote
Never had the opportunity.  KT does some interesting stuff, just nothing my flavor.  I'd like to try it out, though.
Link Posted: 8/28/2019 9:42:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Is it possible there will be an aftermarket butt plate?  Or is that not possible with the current design?
Link Posted: 8/28/2019 10:30:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Is it possible there will be an aftermarket butt plate?  Or is that not possible with the current design?
View Quote
It’s the same attachment system as the SAR and X95 butt plates, and Manticore Arms make butt plates for those, so I’m guessing it’s possible.
Link Posted: 8/28/2019 10:49:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It’s the same attachment system as the SAR and X95 butt plates, and Manticore Arms make butt plates for those, so I’m guessing it’s possible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It ain't pretty, but Wally World sells the Limbsaver slip-on pads and they're a nice improvement in comfort on other guns, so I'd expect positive results here too.
Link Posted: 8/28/2019 1:43:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Is the above picture an optical illusion or does the Tavor 7 have a noticeably longer length of pull than the X95?  
So adding a butt plate would just add to that... that kind of sucks.

Whats the length of pull on the Tavor 7?
Link Posted: 8/28/2019 8:03:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/28/2019 8:14:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Is the above picture an optical illusion or does the Tavor 7 have a noticeably longer length of pull than the X95?  
So adding a butt plate would just add to that... that kind of sucks.

Whats the length of pull on the Tavor 7?
View Quote
I put my X95 over the 7 (butt to butt) and it looks like the 7 is about 3/4 to 1" longer with the length of pull.

Hopefully get to the range this weekend.
Link Posted: 8/28/2019 8:16:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Oh, it is very possible ;)

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
Any idea on a suitable suppressor for the OEM brake/FH on the 7?
Link Posted: 8/28/2019 11:09:36 PM EDT
[#30]
When are they going to release the other colors?
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 11:01:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 11:02:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 10:05:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Any idea on a suitable suppressor for the OEM brake/FH on the 7?
View Quote
The OEM brake seems to have similar external dimensions to the A2 FH.  I tried the GA A2 adapter for my Optimus and it went on and seemed to lock up fairly tight.  If it works with A2 mount cans, that will probably be the only option since the brake doesn’t have any other mount features like threads or QD lugs.

Other than the GA Optimus and 30SD, how many other A2 mount cans are there in .30 cal?
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 10:16:22 AM EDT
[#34]
I'd post the video Tim from M.A.C. just uploaded like 15min ago on the Tavor 7 but noooooo.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 10:35:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 10:47:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'd post the video Tim from M.A.C. just uploaded like 15min ago on the Tavor 7 but noooooo.
View Quote
Good review.  A little surprised he appeared to be shooting with the suppressor while still on the regular gas setting instead of swapping to the suppressed position.  Would have liked to have seen the difference.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 10:51:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
He seemed pretty happy with it. I am still quite interested in buying one...
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 2:39:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Good review.  A little surprised he appeared to be shooting with the suppressor while still on the regular gas setting instead of swapping to the suppressed position.  Would have liked to have seen the difference.
View Quote
Maybe because he is using an OSS can.  Those are supposed to reduce back pressure so it might not need/ work on the supressed setting.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 1:19:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He was using a low back pressure suppressor that doesn't use baffles is probably why.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top