Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 4:37:58 PM EDT
[#1]
What? No light for the knife?
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 8:55:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
are you kidding me....honestly i hope you live in the country if you're using a 5.56 round for home defense.....you know how many walls that round will penetrate....how many lives you'll endanger....for me it's the good ol 12 ga. or 20 ga. w/ buckshot......in CQB you're gonna need a wide dispersed shot especially in low light/ unaware/ scared conditions...not a small precision shot where you may not even have time to aim thru your a2 sights....jmho

(1)Ive seen testing where 5.56 M193 and 12 Ga. mag 00 buck were shown to have similar penetration in walls.

(2)Inside of 7 meters (you dont live in a mansion do you? you wont shoot someone farther away then) even my cylinder bore patterns the whole payload inside an area I can cover with the palm of my hand. Since my 12 Ga. holds five shots, compared to 30 in the AK, that means precision is even more important in the 12 Ga. The idea that shotguns are an area effect weapon are a hollywood myth. The idea of "knockdown power" is also a hollywood myth.

So what is the REAL reason shotguns are better for CQB against unarmored targets:

The fact that inside of 25 meters shooting somebody once with what is in my mossberg right now is roughly the same as shooting the son of a bitch nine times with my AK.
Y
Thus endeth the lesson and misplaced talk of shotguns.
Link Posted: 5/13/2006 10:29:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
in responce to the original post.. not to get back on subject..

But I think you would be better served with a blade that is not serated all the way up to the tip. IT is best to have a knife that can be used for skinning wild game, and serated blades just to do to well for that.  Serated blades are great for sawing through rope, but aside from that, you would be best served with a rasor sharp lockback. OR just make the last two inches of that knife non-serated.

IMHO

Dude its made for stabbing and ripping its the best knife used by Law enforcement every where.
When your stabbed by this you bleed to death.

I think it was Jeff Cooper that said "We are not interested in killing people, we want to stop them.  If killing them was what we wanted we would just shoot them with pellets with the AIDS virus on them."  If that's not the exact quote, forgive me, but the point stands, I don't have the time to sit and watch you bleed out, no the desire to see you suffer.   And "if you are stabbed by this" AND an important vain or artery is cut, you bleed to death.  Just MHO.

I think my Spyderco has prov en stopping power and that's why it's used by military and law enforcement. did you see the pic? lol next time your at the store look at one or better yet stick in something.

ok, next time you kill a deer, try skinning it with that serated blade..... serated looks evil, but if you want to slice into flesh effectively, deeply, easily and effortlessly, nothing beats a rasor sharp blade.

sure that serated blade will HURT way more, but leathality will likely be les than a rasor.

just my opinion based on the experience of carving up deer with a variety of different blades.
Link Posted: 5/13/2006 11:27:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Now you need a shot gun.  You are sitting good but need something that the adverage joe will identify as a gun.  The Kel is cool but freaky and the Glock will look like a flash light or toy with the tac light on it.   I would strip the Glock down to the stock configuration to keep it fast and run it in Kydex but that is just me.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top