BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 10:33:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
On a 1.5 I would do .625, .625, the rest .5 until the last one at .375.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So with no ETA in the larger Talon tubes how would this stack do with the standard 1.5 OD Raven tubes? 7”.

@Chewbacca
On a 1.5 I would do .625, .625, the rest .5 until the last one at .375.
This is still what you’d recommend after your buddies build?

And the first .625 spacer is off the 2” step?
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 11:34:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Just opened up the new tubes and baffles.

Baffles never posted, yet they said sold out quickly.

Was hitting refresh from 855-915!
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 4:20:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Yup. I’m going to start looking for parts elsewhere.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 1:09:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just opened up the new tubes and baffles.

Baffles never posted, yet they said sold out quickly.

Was hitting refresh from 855-915!
View Quote
You were 55 mins late.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 1:45:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You were 55 mins late.
View Quote
Depends which time zone he lives in
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 1:58:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Nope was following mountain time!

Tubes loaded.

Spacers loaded.

I stacked my cart, ready to fire off!

2hrs and cones never posted !

End caps came up!

Still no cones ??????

Signed out ??
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 6:46:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Nope was following mountain time!

Tubes loaded.

Spacers loaded.

I stacked my cart, ready to fire off!

2hrs and cones never posted !

End caps came up!

Still no cones

Signed out
View Quote
Cones did post. Only ones that actually become in stock were the Ti without holes. Unless they sold out in less than a minute the other 3 styles never posted.
If that's the case that's kinda a BS move on their part.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 9:11:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Just to confirm - you didn’t clip your stepped cones, is that right?
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#9]
So I've been thinking about this for a while. If you were to use something like a single chamber brake such as the ones below from dead air and YHM, you would have them well inside the 2" reinforced section which would allow you to place a blast baffle directly on the integral lip. This would possibly allow an additional baffle in the same length tube. Has anyone tried this or have any comments to offer on this?

Link Posted: 1/11/2020 11:51:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So I've been thinking about this for a while. If you were to use something like a single chamber brake such as the ones below from dead air and YHM, you would have them well inside the 2" reinforced section which would allow you to place a blast baffle directly on the integral lip. This would possibly allow an additional baffle in the same length tube. Has anyone tried this or have any comments to offer on this?

https://www.capitolarmory.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/f3be9fb739065570a00bc26b396de944/d/a/da_microb_thumb.jpg

https://yhm.net/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1140x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/3/1/3102-1mb-angle-for-web.jpg
View Quote
That's how I built my first can. I used a griffin mini brake and have the first baffle a 1/8" from the end of the brake. First-round-pop is minimal but gas blowback is more noticeable vs when I shift the spacers around and add another half inch to the blast chamber. I had to stack two baffles directly on top of each other to test it, so it's the equivalent of losing 1 baffle. The sound honestly didn't sound much different to my ears. FRP is more noticeable with the larger blast chamber, but gas to the face is decreased when shooting slow. I can't tell the difference with rapid fire.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 8:07:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That's how I built my first can. I used a griffin mini brake and have the first baffle a 1/8" from the end of the brake. First-round-pop is minimal but gas blowback is more noticeable vs when I shift the spacers around and add another half inch to the blast chamber. I had to stack two baffles directly on top of each other to test it, so it's the equivalent of losing 1 baffle. The sound honestly didn't sound much different to my ears. FRP is more noticeable with the larger blast chamber, but gas to the face is decreased when shooting slow. I can't tell the difference with rapid fire.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.capitolarmory.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/f3be9fb739065570a00bc26b396de944/d/a/da_microb_thumb.jpg

https://yhm.net/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1140x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/3/1/3102-1mb-angle-for-web.jpg
Thanks for the input. From what you're saying it may not be worth it since the can would be limited to use on rifles that have those short style brakes. May be worth it for interchangeability to just stick with what OP did. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 9:01:27 PM EDT
[#12]
So I did the identical build just as @chewbacca recommended.  Finally got to try it today and WOW.  He's not kidding.  Sounds identical to the Omega 300.  The only difference I did from his is go with a Key Mo mount.  Only got to shoot 200 rounds before it got dark, 100 from a B&T APC223 and 100 from a Mk18mod1 build and did outstandingly.  Too bad Maverick Precision discontinued the Talon series.  I couldn't be happier with this.  I will try to get a decibel meter and run comparisons.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 9:25:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So I did the identical build just as @chewbacca recommended.  Finally got to try it today and WOW.  He's not kidding.  Sounds identical to the Omega 300.  The only difference I did from his is go with a Key Mo mount.  Only got to shoot 200 rounds before it got dark, 100 from a B&T APC223 and 100 from a Mk18mod1 build and did outstandingly.  Too bad Maverick Precision discontinued the Talon series.  I couldn't be happier with this.  I will try to get a decibel meter and run comparisons.
View Quote
I've all but begged them for a 7" talon tube but it doesn't look like it's going to happen in the next few months.

They did say they're bringing back the talon series in an email, but it will be months before it's setup.

I just need the 7" tube and I can build mine. Sucks to have to wait 3-4 months when I have all of the parts ready now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 10:20:24 PM EDT
[#14]
In my opinion they are doing a terrible job at selling things by having limited releases of things if you read the last pre-release email they are going to have baffles
only in titanium then the stainless ones will come out God knows when later... and tubes sometime after that.

If it's going to take you a year to piece together the parts you want you might as well go with a factory built form 4 can
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:44:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
In my opinion they are doing a terrible job at selling things by having limited releases of things if you read the last pre-release email they are going to have baffles
only in titanium then the stainless ones will come out God knows when later... and tubes sometime after that.

If it's going to take you a year to piece together the parts you want you might as well go with a factory built form 4 can
View Quote
Start up a company and compete.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 3:54:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I've all but begged them for a 7" talon tube but it doesn't look like it's going to happen in the next few months.

They did say they're bringing back the talon series in an email, but it will be months before it's setup.

I just need the 7" tube and I can build mine. Sucks to have to wait 3-4 months when I have all of the parts ready now.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/322543/Screenshot_20200121-202748_Yahoo_Mail_jp-1244065.JPG
View Quote
Hell yeah, I managed to snag one of their 7" tubes. Now I'll have a 6", 7" and 8" talon build!

Still doesn't mean I'll have time to actually shoot them, damn kids take up all my time... They're worth it though
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 9:31:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
You do realize you can get parts from other companies right?

Also, all those other companies are out of stock too, so waiting for things comes with the territory.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:23:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Also, all those other companies are out of stock too, so waiting for things comes with the territory.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand that.
The new mpatch shoes are going to be available for order later today which I only know because I'm on a email list.

the mpatch shoes are coming out and I send out a email to those that are waiting And they come out only in size 9, I wear  size 12, kinda dissuades me as  potential customer
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 5:56:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Did you ever end up building with this?
I stupidly bought everything thinking OP was referring to Raven (1.5OD) and not the Talon (1.625OD)..
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 6:22:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I stupidly bought everything thinking OP was referring to Raven (1.5OD) and not the Talon (1.625OD)..
View Quote
That should still work well. There have been some guys that built Ravens with that layout on the Form1 board and are very happy.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 6:32:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That should still work well. There have been some guys that built Ravens with that layout on the Form1 board and are very happy.
View Quote
Are the “skirts” for the talon catcher larger?
I’m getting 3.8” stack for spacers on the Talon and 4.125” for the raven spacer stack.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:42:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did not. At this point in time you just about have to buy what's in stock when you're ready to build.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 8:56:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I did not. At this point in time you just about have to buy what's in stock when you're ready to build.
View Quote
Tax money is coming back soon, I may consult you on my first build if that would be ok. I also need to start sourcing parts and this thread makes my feel like I will have a hard time getting parts.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 7:26:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Subscribed
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 2:48:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Tax money is coming back soon, I may consult you on my first build if that would be ok. I also need to start sourcing parts and this thread makes my feel like I will have a hard time getting parts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd be happy to help although I think Chewbacca would be able to answer your questions more thoroughly.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 5:09:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'd be happy to help although I think Chewbacca would be able to answer your questions more thoroughly.
View Quote
I guess what I mean is you seem to be very active and what not. I think I have decided that I would like to replicate the turbo, and this will be the first tax stamp I submit. I am ready to pop that cherry.

I will check in with him when it is time. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 7:58:18 PM EDT
[#27]
I’ve got one of Chewys magic stacks.... not drilled, not engraved! Just resting in my underwear drawer ??

Getting ready to close on a house, once we get settled I’ll work on the background crap.

Between the Maverick, Q and jig close to grand just waiting.

Did get my $200 back from Uncle Sam yesterday ??
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top