Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 32
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:48:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why would you SBR the pistol? Buy a brace if you don't have one, and enjoy it until the 806 becomes available, IF it becomes available. That way if it does you can offload the 805 without the hassle of an NFA transfer.
View Quote
What hassle?

Pull the short barrel and sell to someone who wants a short Bren barrel assembly. Sell the non barreled receiver at price minus the price of a 16” barrel. Or buy and install barrel and sell.

It’s not really a hassle.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:48:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Since we're all posting pics...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 10:05:34 AM EDT
[#3]
This rifle was the inspiration for mine.

Where did you get that bayonet?
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 10:15:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This rifle was the inspiration for mine.

Where did you get that bayonet?
View Quote
If I recall, I got it through CZ-USA, but I don't see them in the CZ Store right now? (I bought before I even had the gun, since
bayonet collecting is also my side hobby)
Euro Military has them, but it's a wee pricey. I don't remember paying quite that much, but it wasn't cheap either.
If you've never ordered from Euro-military, don't have any concerns. Petr is a great guy and you'll probably get your stuff sooner than
ordering from CZ-USA, even though it's coming from Czech Republic!
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 10:44:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I feel like an outcast with my non-ACR stock now! Nice guns
View Quote
You are!!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 10:46:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Umm...how did you score that lower?
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 10:54:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I added the select fire markings using a 1/8" end mill and cut to .020 deep. Then filled in with Testors enamel model paint.
(They obviously are for show only, and not functional. )

Here are some templates
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 11:31:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Retro mags, skeleton stock & bayonet, freaking sweet setup. A lot of great setups on here. I would take any these bren’s over scar 16’s or AR’s any day.

One other thing I did to mine was ordered KNS M-LOK rail panels, drilled out the front hole to the size of a QD mount, painted FDE & then mounted. I like having the QD option at the front on both sides.

Link Posted: 1/30/2018 12:00:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Retro mags, skeleton stock & bayonet, freaking sweet setup. A lot of great setups on here. I would take any these bren’s over scar 16’s or AR’s any day.

One other thing I did to mine was ordered KNS M-LOK rail panels, drilled out the front hole to the size of a QD mount, painted FDE & then mounted. I like having the QD option at the front on both sides.

https://i.imgur.com/9sepFNf.jpg
View Quote
I'm currently debating doing the retro mag kit, or just ordering a bunch of Lancer clear/smoke mags to achieve the look while retaining AR mag compatibly
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 12:10:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I want to do the retro kit...but I would need to dump $250 to make it worthy...need extra mags.

How do the retro mags fit into AR mag pouches?
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 12:28:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm currently debating doing the retro mag kit, or just ordering a bunch of Lancer clear/smoke mags to achieve the look while retaining AR mag compatibly
View Quote
I just went with the Lancer clear mags for the look.  It’s cheaper too.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 12:32:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I want to do the retro kit...but I would need to dump $250 to make it worthy...need extra mags.

View Quote
I’m in the same boat. Would love the retro mags but I like having a lot of mags loaded up & ready to go. And it’s nice sharing with my ar, especially since it has an echo trigger so mags tend to empty at a higher than usual frequency.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:42:42 PM EDT
[#13]
I’ll stick with my Lancers, they’re my go to mags anyway.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:58:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What hassle?

Pull the short barrel and sell to someone who wants a short Bren barrel assembly. Sell the non barreled receiver at price minus the price of a 16” barrel. Or buy and install barrel and sell.

It’s not really a hassle.
View Quote
To me, that's a hassle
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/9sepFNf.jpg
View Quote
Good idea and nice setup!
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 6:43:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
The retro mags definitely have more "bulk" compared to most AR mags. More akin to G36 mags.
One of the things I like about this design is you can change the mag well in under 30 seconds. (If you leave the cross pin out).
So you're not married to one or the other.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 7:40:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Since everyone is posting pics

Bren was lonely so I put it with a friend
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:39:45 PM EDT
[#18]

by TX 556Mav, on Flickr

Untitled
by TX 556Mav, on Flickr

SBR
by TX 556Mav, on Flickr
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 6:31:04 AM EDT
[#19]
All these 805 sbr pics are driving me nuts
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 10:30:43 AM EDT
[#20]
How is your gas plug orifice looking like...it seems you've shot many suppressed fired...just wondering.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 2:34:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 10:35:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
How is your gas plug orifice looking like...it seems you've shot many suppressed fired...just wondering.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

805 Gas Port
by TX 556Mav, on Flickr

Couldn't get it to take a more detailed picture but there is a little corrosion around the port.

805 Gas Port
by TX 556Mav, on Flickr

805 Gas Port
by TX 556Mav, on Flickr
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 12:20:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Klong1979, did you have your barrel cut down or is that the factory 14"?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 11:49:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Thank you. How many rounds fired?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 12:06:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Rough guess is just under 1,500
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 2:07:32 PM EDT
[#26]
If anybody is needing an ACR stock adaptet for their Bren, Send me a PM. I bought one for an SBR that isnt going to happen now.
Its the Lucky Itishman one (the good one) in new condition
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:27:46 PM EDT
[#27]
How well do these guns suppress? I really would like to know, I bought an AUG thinking i had found the perfect 5.56 rifle but then I find out it doesnt suppress well. What about this one?
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 7:55:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
How well do these guns suppress? I really would like to know, I bought an AUG thinking i had found the perfect 5.56 rifle but then I find out it doesnt suppress well. What about this one?
View Quote
My Bren pistol runs flawlessly with my Saker762 and Wolf steel case.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 5:13:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Could some of you guys take a look at the rear face of your bolt catch from inside the lower receiver?  My gun doesn't seem to like GI 20 rounders, lancer 20's, or any of my TD ARC mags.  I've noticed the best bolt lug to bolt catch engagement with GI 30's to be honest and seem to have zero instances of failure to lock back when using only those or lancer 30's.  Not a serious problem as I'll just use those in the gun, but I do find it a bit odd.  Anyone else had lockback issues with certain magazines?
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 6:44:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Could some of you guys take a look at the rear face of your bolt catch from inside the lower receiver?  My gun doesn't seem to like GI 20 rounders, lancer 20's, or any of my TD ARC mags.  I've noticed the best bolt lug to bolt catch engagement with GI 30's to be honest and seem to have zero instances of failure to lock back when using only those or lancer 30's.  Not a serious problem as I'll just use those in the gun, but I do find it a bit odd.  Anyone else had lockback issues with certain magazines?
View Quote
There was something about this a few pages back, put the mag in your lower and see if the follower is making contact with the bolt catch.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 8:15:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Clong1979, did you have your barrel cut down or is that the factory 14"?
View Quote
Factory barrel, it's actually 14.3" from bolt face
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 9:14:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Where did you get a factory 14"? Does CZ sell them?
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 10:26:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Is the rear head piece for the rifle really polymer?  It’s aluminum on the pistol version.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 11:01:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They did. Currently Out of Stock
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 12:42:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
They did. Currently Out of Stock
View Quote
Those sold out fast and I was waiting to order one but they never came back so I had mine cut down and I pinned an extended flash hider on it. I would have liked to have gotten one of those. I have a 14" gas plug ready to go but no barrel. Hopefully they will come back in stock someday.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 1:18:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 6:17:38 PM EDT
[#37]
A Czech weapon deserves a Czech optic. Made the decision to invest in a K-Dot: link to the optic specs

True 1X...not many can achieve this.

Now unto finding a good mount.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 6:53:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
A Czech weapon deserves a Czech optic. Made the decision to invest in a K-Dot: link to the optic specs

True 1X...not many can achieve this.

Now unto finding a good mount.
View Quote
I'd love to find one of these, also made by Meopta, and was issued with the Bren to the Czech Army. At one point
I found a Czech website selling them, but it was sketchy as frig ... and stupid expensive.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 8:24:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Z-dots are rare
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 3:28:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Sven, its my understanding that you guys helped out with production of the SB 805 Brace.

It looks damn cool, very Sig 55X like.

My question is stability....Where the rubberized arm brace part joins to the rear folding section of the receiver, how is this area supported? Is there some sort of metal arm/strut that runs to the end of the brace?

I'd like to order one but I'm hesitant if its less-than-stable. How much abuse could it realistically take?

Thanks

@Manticore_Arms
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 2:43:01 AM EDT
[#41]
I've been running straight GI mags through mine, with MagPuls followers - might look into the Lancers.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 2:58:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 4:20:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

We design and manfuacture the mounting blocks, the arm brace portion is designed and manufactured by SB Tactical.

The hard polymer portion of the hinge extends inside the rubber portion of the arm brace, essentially the rubber is overmolded.  It is very sturdy and stable and you could buttstroke someone with it if need be.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
Sven thanks, that's the answer I was both hoping for and expecting
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 5:44:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Anyone running the folding SB Tactical brace. The brace looks like it's pretty low as far as getting a good cheek weld. Can you use the factory folding irons and get a proper weld with the brace? What kind of risers/mounts are people using with optics and the brace? Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 6:04:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 6:18:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The folding irons are usable with the SB Tactical Brace, but I do find (even with the OEM stock) that the Scorpion style low sights work better for a solid cheek weld.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
concur, I might buy a set and move my flipups to an AR... or get some micro flip ups
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 8:20:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The folding irons are usable with the SB Tactical Brace, but I do find (even with the OEM stock) that the Scorpion style low sights work better for a solid cheek weld.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
Interesting. If I recall right, the first batch of 805 pistols to come in, had the Scorpion style sights, and then they changed over to the flip up ones.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 9:10:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Interesting. If I recall right, the first batch of 805 pistols to come in, had the Scorpion style sights, and then they changed over to the flip up ones.
View Quote
Mine came the same sights that my scorpion has.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 10:40:55 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm about to order one. I like the look of the low scorpion style sights, but I couldn't cowitness with any of my aimpoints. I'm considering selling them or saving them for an AR and getting a set of Troy micros or 416 sights
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 9:03:26 AM EDT
[#50]
I just piked up the rifle on Thursday.  Great trigger. Like others have said, action is smooth as butter. Just glides.   The back up sights with it are fantastic, nice set up.   Accurate.  Like the folding stock. Looked at a Tavor and they were cheap and looked like they would break off if dropped

Down side of the Bren. Safety is like the G3. Impossible to reach with the thumb. I used my trigger finger,   I don't like the fact the bolt can't  be easily taken out without driving out a pin.  Bottom where it is held at the front does get hot after rapid fire

A barrel change looks like a fairly simple project.  Appears to be held in by 4 torx/allen screws on either side.
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top