Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2024 9:30:25 PM EDT
Has anyone painted their Viper PST 1-6X lpvo before that would care to share pics? I'd like it to either match or get as close to matching the Vortex Razor 1-6X and 1-10X lpvo's light brown.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:52:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I think you’ll have a hard time finding a paint that will give the same look as bronze anodizing. Good luck!
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:55:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Why not just buy a razor instead of devaluing your PST?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:36:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Matching a razor color is going to be hard without some color matching.  It can be done take the scope to a paint shop and have them put the analyzer on the scope and see if it returns a color.  It will be hard to do start to finish because you will have to get a paint spray but that is the only way you will get remotely close to have someone color match that purplish color.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:53:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Amazon Product
  • Weather and corrosion resistant coating protects exterior and interior surfaces like wood, metal, concrete, masonry and more

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 4:30:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FALARAK:
View Quote

because I scored a bnib viper pst for $325. couldn't pass on the deal, plus it left me more money for ammo
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 12:03:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By runguns:

because I scored a bnib viper pst for $325. couldn't pass on the deal, plus it left me more money for ammo
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By runguns:
Originally Posted By FALARAK:

Once you go black...
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 11:08:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#7]
Rattle can works well for DIY camo or standard tans, greens, blacks, etc, but it is fairly hard to color match odd colors like that.  Most paints getting close aren’t going to be geared towards the “tactical” market and will have some sheen to them, making your optic now look chintzy and fake.  The fact that the Razor is anodized and not coated or painted makes color matching even more difficult, especially with cheap spray paint.

Cerakote makes a matching color, but it’s not a DIY affair if you’re looking to save money and farming out the work will end up costing you $100+ with the additional prep time involved with scopes.  Plus the black you’ll see around the masked off areas will be a dead giveaway it’s not a Razor.

My suggestion?  Don’t try to put “GT” emblems on your V6 Mustang.  It doesn’t serve any purpose nor is it going to fool anyone.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 9:46:05 AM EDT
[#8]
My suggestion?  Don’t try to put “GT” emblems on your V6 Mustang.  It doesn’t serve any purpose nor is it going to fool anyone.
View Quote

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top