Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2024 5:51:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: longhunter09]
I recently had a hankering to build an XM4/727 inspired carbine. I'm not a cloner and just wanted the general aesthetics. I've always heard that I need a standard height non-F A2 FSB with an A2 upper. I've read a bunch of threads online and opinions seemed pretty divided on the necessity of it. After waiting a couple months for a WW M4 profile barrel with a standard height FSB, I got impatient and pulled the trigger on an A2 upper with a 14.5" p/w Colt SOCOM barrel and an F height FSB.

Finally got a chance to zero it today. I did a standard 25/300 Army zero, mainly because I had a pile of Army zero targets. All I literally had to do was crank the FSP down 5 clicks and it was dead-on. Zeroed in 9 rounds. Still a decent sight picture and not the "little nub" that I have heard folks refer to with this combo. Just wanted to share if any other non-purist carry handle aficionados are considering an F height FSB carbine barrel and an A2 upper.

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 7:46:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I’m using a Ffsb on a Colt 10.3” barrel & Colt C7 upper… no issue zeroing it

Nice built btw!
I still have an A2 receiver laying around…
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:14:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tac556] [#2]
Nm.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:00:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Interesting. Never heard of this (XM4) before and here's the 2nd reference I've seen in as many days.

Nice.

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:06:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
Interesting. Never heard of this (XM4) before and here's the 2nd reference I've seen in as many days.

Nice.

View Quote

It's a neat little carbine. I say XM4ish because a true XM4 would have a unique barrel profile. This is just an A2 carbine with an M4 profile barrel, fat double heat shield handguard, and CAR stock. But it looks "gud enuff" for a non-cloner like myself. Lots of good info in the pinned XM4 thread in this forum.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:13:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:

Nice.

View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/XM4-Clone-Information-thread/127-740736/
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:32:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Del-ton A2 upper with a DSA 14.5 carbine barrel with an "F" marked FSB installed.  It zero'ed at 50/225 fine and sight picture is acceptable.  My results were similar to yours, and as you said, an M16A2/XM4 carbine is mighty handy.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:53:09 PM EDT
[#7]
lol, even a pinned thread. No idea how I missed this.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top