Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2022 11:14:09 AM EDT
I have a colt 6520 LE marked Government  Carbine marked 6520. It has pencil barrel, sear block and large pins. Its been a safe queen for 30 years. I would like to know its value?
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 12:23:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Pictures?
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 12:50:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Tagged.  I have one that sounds identical.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 1:29:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Sell it to MA where preban status means something. You’ll make a little more there than most other places unless it’s a collectible someone wants
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 2:05:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Here are some photos of the Rifle.Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 2:19:55 PM EDT
[#5]
You could get $800 for just the PRE-BAN lower by selling to a member behind enemy lines in CT, a few years ago.
You could probably get another $500 for the upper from a retro collector.

Get one of these with proceeds from the sale:
Colt 6960 CCU
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 4:47:21 PM EDT
[#6]
@BLUEBOY

pics down and into the lower to see this block you speak of please
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 5:19:55 PM EDT
[#7]
OP, does your lower look like this?
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 5:37:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have a colt 6520 LE marked Government  Carbine marked 6520. It has pencil barrel, sear block and large pins. Its been a safe queen for 30 years. I would like to know its value?
View Quote

$950.00
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

$950.00
View Quote

I'm no expert but that seems a little low?

Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:02:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Judging by your serial number range (GC 01X,XXX), the fact that it appears to have a normal sized front pivot pin, lacks the large sear block pin on the left side.. and has the somewhat lighter color gray anodizing (Pre-Ban Gray) vs the later black anodizing.. I'd say $1,700 minimum if it is truly in great condition. If it is unfired and has the original box then it's likely a $2,300-$2,500 rifle to the right buyer so long as it doesn't have a lot of handling marks. Does your rifle have a small sear block pin on the right side (smaller than the picture posted above), lack the restricted markings on the right side of the lower receiver magwell, and have a C M marked upper receiver with an engraved [C] and/or Triangle stamp mark in front of the ejection port door?
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 6:44:10 PM EDT
[#12]
It does have large pins and the colt sear block. You can see it sticking up on the lower receiver photo. The one way pin is on the right side of the receiver.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 10:32:57 PM EDT
[#13]
OP said LE marked so thats probably a post ban gun with the big LE markings on the side of the receiver not in his photos. $1000-1200 would be my guess.

I believe there's one in the EE like this that's been priced higher and hasn't moved.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 4:11:17 AM EDT
[#14]
OP.....the bottom line, ALWAYS visit GUNBROKER. You must sign up over there to use the "completed sales" in the search. The top price that buyers are willing to have paid for a gun is about as good as an indicator that you will ever get of its market value!!

I will tell you however that all AR weapons are in a terrible pricing glut right now and are selling new very cheap! It is NOT a good time to sell them unless you really need the cash. Colt is always the best name for resale demand, but the 6520 with its built in handle & large pins & block isn't exactly what folks are busting down the door for unless it's a pre-ban required by "preban" laws of a restrictive state or it happens to have special collectors value being marked with "Military & Law Enforcement Only", or other special features. Yours was proly manufactured too late to be allowed to be grandfathered by a pre-ban state, and doesn't look to have anything particularly desirable except the name "Colt".
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 8:16:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Best luck is a ban state, I personally live in a red state so I actually intentionally pass over the sear block guns.

Best of luck,

William
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:08:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Please post in the appraisals thread
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top