Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2021 4:29:59 PM EDT
So, I have a CTR stock and unfortunately my various mil-spec tubes (PSA and Model 1 Sales if I remember correctly) just don’t have a tight fit even using the tightening clamp on the stock. I want to replace my buffer tube to match the stock, but don’t know which mil-spec tubes are a good fit for the CTR. Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 5:32:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Magpul makes the CTR in both MIL-SPEC and commercial sizes.  I don’t know if you can tell which size it is from looking at the stock.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:45:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I use VLTOR Anvil 5 position tubes exclusively now. I also use the CTR when I want an adjustable stock.  They all lock up tight on my firearms and have stayed tight over many thousands of rounds on multiple firearms in .458 S and .458 S based cats.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:11:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:13:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Magpul receiver extension

LINK
View Quote

Mil-spec is mil-spec, or it isn't.  If they say mil-spec but require a special RE then it isn't mil-spec.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:45:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:17:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Where do you see it requires a special receiver extension?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Where do you see it requires a special receiver extension?

Whatever "optimized" means.....perhaps I misunderstood...

The Magpul Enhanced Receiver Extension is a 7-position, Mil-Spec sized, AR15 / M4 profile buffer tube optimized to fit with the full line of Magpul Mil-Spec Carbine Stocks.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:55:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Interesting. Maybe they're talking about the length. I haven't looked into the Magpul receiver extensions, but maybe they made them to be able to fully collapse a CTR/MOE stock?
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 9:42:00 AM EDT
[#8]
They added a seventh stock position hole, but it says they retained the standard length.

I don’t know what they “optimized”, but Magpul has always been spot on with “commercial” or MIL-SPEC sizing for their stocks.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top