Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2021 4:29:59 PM EDT
So, I have a CTR stock and unfortunately my various mil-spec tubes (PSA and Model 1 Sales if I remember correctly) just don’t have a tight fit even using the tightening clamp on the stock. I want to replace my buffer tube to match the stock, but don’t know which mil-spec tubes are a good fit for the CTR. Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 5:32:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Magpul makes the CTR in both MIL-SPEC and commercial sizes.  I don’t know if you can tell which size it is from looking at the stock.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:45:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I use VLTOR Anvil 5 position tubes exclusively now. I also use the CTR when I want an adjustable stock.  They all lock up tight on my firearms and have stayed tight over many thousands of rounds on multiple firearms in .458 S and .458 S based cats.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:11:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:13:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Magpul receiver extension

LINK
View Quote

Mil-spec is mil-spec, or it isn't.  If they say mil-spec but require a special RE then it isn't mil-spec.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:45:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:17:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Where do you see it requires a special receiver extension?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Where do you see it requires a special receiver extension?

Whatever "optimized" means.....perhaps I misunderstood...

The Magpul Enhanced Receiver Extension is a 7-position, Mil-Spec sized, AR15 / M4 profile buffer tube optimized to fit with the full line of Magpul Mil-Spec Carbine Stocks.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:55:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Interesting. Maybe they're talking about the length. I haven't looked into the Magpul receiver extensions, but maybe they made them to be able to fully collapse a CTR/MOE stock?
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 9:42:00 AM EDT
[#8]
They added a seventh stock position hole, but it says they retained the standard length.

I don’t know what they “optimized”, but Magpul has always been spot on with “commercial” or MIL-SPEC sizing for their stocks.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top