Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2024 4:52:21 PM EDT
A while back I bought an Eotech EXPS3-3 with their G45 5x magnifier. The view is amazing out of  it. I have woken to the glory of magnified sight but at the same time I love those holographic/red dots.

Was wondering, could that magnifier be used with regular red dots?

I have some Primary Arms red dots on rifles. Seems to work when I clipped it on.

Link Posted: 5/22/2024 5:00:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FloridaMan11b] [#1]
I love the g45 behind the aimpoint t2 or any eotech.
Havnt tried it with any other aimpoints but I have some cheaper red dots like sig romeo 5 and primary arms red dots and it works fine but those cheaper red dots do have some extra bloom/distortion when magnified.
Ymmv if you have astigmatism or wear glasses.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 9:46:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 10:55:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: runguns] [#3]
threw an extra G33 on my mk18"ish" build with a T2 on it. seems to work just fine if you get your eye suuuper close to the magnifier to alleviate the minor scope shadow from the offset
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 12:10:42 PM EDT
[#4]
magnifiers are magnifiers.  All they do is magnify whatever is placed in front of them.  Any red dot, holo, or reflex sight will work with any magnifier.  They are not brand specific in the least bit.  The only thing to take into consideration is that you will always have better results pairing good glass with good glass.  You may have less optimal results pairing a good sight with a cheap magnifier or vise versa.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top