BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 5/21/2024 9:34:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TBone556]
I’m throwing together another urgi 14.5 and I’m debating between 3 muzzle devices. All surefire, warcomp, socom brake, or closed tine warcomp. I have a 14.5 already with a warcomp and the warcomp is my favorite all around muzzle device. I have a 16in urgi with a socom brake but it’s a coyote gun with a 3-9 not an all around gun. I have some guns with closed tine warcomps and I think the regular has better muzzle rise mitigation.

It will be occasionally suppressed.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 9:47:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Will you ever run it suppressed? If so, MB and suppressor. If not, flip the coin on a Warcomp. The CT is shorter and won't ring. I have no real world experience with the CT Warcomp.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 10:12:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Closed tine warcomp. Good compromise for non-suppressed shooting and its still more delicate with the gas flow erosion on a surefire can versus a 3 or 4 prong. I prefer the SFCT, non-war comp version but it's not long enough for a 14.5 pin and weld.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 11:02:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Warcomp open tine.

Although if its not a suppressor host and you want some novelty, a PA EFAB would be cool, splitting the recoil difference between the Warcomp and SOCOM muzzle brake.

50% recoil reduction, A2 flash hider level of flash suppression, and not as blasty as a normal brake.

Link Posted: 5/21/2024 11:21:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tarheel7734] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JLAudio:
Closed tine warcomp. Good compromise for non-suppressed shooting and its still more delicate with the gas flow erosion on a surefire can versus a 3 or 4 prong. I prefer the SFCT, non-war comp version but it's not long enough for a 14.5 pin and weld.
View Quote

The sfct is long enough on a 14.5 for a p&w. It is 2.3" in length.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I do like the 4 prong though..
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 9:52:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Thoughts on the Ris iii? Replaced my URGI with one but have yet to build it up
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 10:26:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Note: Although other designs would be better in reducing/removing the 'ping' for clone correct it should be their FH556RC
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 11:08:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Toothpicksandkatchup:

View Quote

I really like the ris III. I don't really like the mk 16 rail and wish dd had this out in time for submission as I believe it would have won over the geissele rail. This rifle gets used more than my Block II and I thought I would always prefer the block ii build.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 11:33:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Toothpicksandkatchup:

View Quote

I really thought I'd love the RIS III but after building an upper with it I had a change of heart. It is barely lighter than the RIS II, has a decent amount of deflection (considering it's weight) and has sling QD's that aren't reinforced with steel inserts like you see on URX's and the new MK16's. Zero street cred due to a lack of adoption by anyone significant and you're kind of left with a heavy rail with weak sling QD's that is purpose built for an M203 to attach to. Aesthetically I like the way it looks and I do like the overall size as it's a "larger" MLOK rail which is my preference, but with the weight penalty I found myself preferring the RIS II.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 6:51:15 AM EDT
[#9]

I rather have a comp over a true flash hider for the little extra bit of performance, I know 5.56 is low recoiling but for when I take this build out to the occasional 2gun match I rather have that little bit of edge.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 12:51:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stickyheat] [#10]
I’d roll with the MB556 to get the best performance both unsuppressed and suppressed. If you’re mostly shooting unsuppressed indoors, definitely go with any thing else but I mostly shoot suppressed these days indoors or outside.

The brake is extremely flat when shooting unsuppressed if you’re gonna use it for competition.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 9:24:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I agree the brake is better performance
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 6:39:51 AM EDT
[#12]
I’m leaning towards brake or the open tine warcomp
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top